Voting to stay or leave EU. Confused!

I hope people realise the implications of this :(

I also think we cant guess based upon our circles.

Though if I see one more ' I dont want to be part of europe' post....lol had to break it to them gently.

Hope DD is better Rhio.

On my Facebook it has been the leave who have been pushier. Saying this like you're not proper English if you vote remain or not patriotic as well as things like being brain washed by the politicians. Guess it's swings and roundabouts.

Same lol

Rhio if you can't get there, you can apply for an emergency by proxy vote by 5pm and a family member or friend can go and vote on your behalf.

Though if I see one more ' I dont want to be part of europe' post....lol had to break it to them gently.

I remembering hearing something about how at a seminar the leader asked all those who had an office in Europe to put their hands up. Only around 20% did. He had to point out that the UK is (and geographically always will be) part of Europe.

It also frustrates me that people genuinely seem to believe that voting out means tomorrow we will not be part of Europe. The referendum has no legal standing at all its merely aids Parliament in deciding what to do - it still has sovereignty and could (it wont but could) decide to completely ignore it.

In all likelihood a Brexit vote will start 2 years of negotiations that probably ends with a General Election!

Rhio if you can't get there, you can apply for an emergency by proxy vote by 5pm and a family member or friend can go and vote on your behalf.

Thank you! We're home now so I can relax and go with plenty of time :)

I'm glad your home, hope DD has a speedy recovery xx

I pointed out that leaving Europe is geographically impossible. However, if it was possible I would certainly vote for the UK to leave Europe and put the UK somewhere with a better climate.....they didn't understand.

I have to admit, if I see "Vote OUT and make Britain GREAT again" one more time, I will scream. What does that actually mean? When we had the British Empire? When we were ruled by the Romans? Henry VIII, Elizabeth I....when do these people consider Britain 'great?' I have asked them and I have gotten the usual "muslims, immigrants, terrorists blah blah" reply.

I voted remain!

I feel it might be like the Scottish referendum in that I felt that we were sure to get a yes vote because it seemed like the majority of people were voting yes but I think (like someone in this thread already said) that it was because yes/remain voters were/are more vocal on social media. or maybe just most of my social circles are left wing so more likely to vote yes/remain. if that makes sense!

I really don't know which way it'll go! if it's brexit then I hope that Scotland will get another independence referendum.

I voted remain and have to say that the leave voters on my Facebook have been very abusive towards me.

I have been called names and told I am a silly little girl who knows nothing about real life yet I am a qualified accountant and have at least some knowledge of finances.

Where I lack information I have sought it from experts and not the media or politicians.

Through genuine interest i have asked leave voters to give me their reasons for leaving in case I have missed information and all I am getting is Muslim this and immigration that. No one has even bother to fact check on my posts and I find that very sad.

I voted remain but a lot of people I know have voted leave, as have a lot of my Facebook friends.

I've found the leave campaigners more pushy on FB too, lots of scare mongering too. TBF there have been some thoughtful and comprehensive posts about why we should leave but the ones that I've found particularly unpleasant were the "migrants stealing our jobs, foreign criminals ruining our country" type posts.

Just waiting for the exit polls.

There are no exit polls

Yes genuinely didn't know there were no exit polls, just assumed they would

Just listened to a yougov poll taken today which has remain at 52%

Very early doors though. Will check again when the kids wake me up at a ridiculous time lol :)

Whatever happens has been decided.

People keep sying rig yet wanna hand control to the governement they dont trust. Irony?

No exit polls

Im scared!!!

I've found the leave campaigners more pushy on FB too, lots of scare mongering too. TBF there have been some thoughtful and comprehensive posts about why we should leave but the ones that I've found particularly unpleasant were the "migrants stealing our jobs, foreign criminals ruining our country" type posts.

Totally agree. I voted Leave but its these types of mindless and idiotic posts which create a stigma to Leave voters as being racist etc when that is not the case for a lot of people.

Pound at an all time low. Which means paying more for trade etc. Were gonna lose money we cant afford to lose :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->