Voting to stay or leave EU. Confused!

Looks like we're set to leave.. At least we won't have to hear about how the votes were rigged

Gutted. Looks like we're in for a bumpy few years. Wonder how quickly investors will move their money, £ already crashed.

Could quite possibly mean we have another referendum here in Scotland. Just what we didn't need, all that hate and anger being stirred up again.

It is a referendum, not a final desicion. We may now leave, yes, but that won't happen over night (far from it). We may also be in a better position to renegotiate our EU terms and stay! We just don't know yet!

At least half of the country was always going to be disappointed with the result.

What do we all think David Cameron will do with regards to his position as PM? Step down?

If he stays then I believe we will renegotiate and he will put it to another referendum.
If he leaves and boris Johnson becomes pm then we will be set to leave.
He has said he wouldn't leave, my guess is he won't.

Pretty gutted with the result, and with the turn out I thought it was going to be higher tbh. But you can't refute the decision, the public have spoken so we will see where it goes, im really nervous though, we buy a house in January (on a selfish note!) I do really hope it's all been exaggerated, or like smiley says maybe put us in a stronger position (I don't really understand what more we wanted though?) i wish we could have a general election, I don't want the tories uncontrollable, although I don't like any of the parties at the moment, apart from women's equality.

I don't think they'd do another referendum, I think this one has put political figures reputations more in tatters than ever before, plus it's very costly, plus I don't think he'd risk it again.

I also doubt very much there will be another referendum on the same issue.

I will be watching the news closely today to watch for developments with regards to the PM!

Uch I hate seeing Nigel Farage happy, what a twat. Wonder what this will do for house prices, thinking this could be a bad time for us to buy now :(

lets hope they have a plan (I doubt it but hey) too much of the campaign was this is what the EU has done - ok the people bought it nowwhat are you going to do?

I'm not in the UK, I'm a New Zealander, but watching from afar I can say I'm surprised - kind of didn't see this one coming, I really figured that remain would win. I'm not sure that the rest of the world has had much idea or indication at all of the depth of feeling from leave voters. It's been treated like a very internal UK political thing and largely overlooked in foreign media until extremely recently and I feel quite taken aback actually. As someone said, the pound has already dropped and that's the kind of thing that affects financial markets all over the world. It'll be interesting to see what happens now...

I'm gutted too. The £ is weakest since 1985 that's my whole life.

We don't vote for the prime minister any way.

I guess they think it is more freedom because it is now the choice of the government we elect to make laws and everything else instead of people we didn't vote for.

I voted remain. Really quite shocked by the result. Sturgeon is already on the look out for another scottish independence vote. Scary times ahead.

I hope if nothing else it ignites engagement with politics. But I doubt it. It is SO ironic that people moaned about how undemocratic the EU is but I don't see these people whinging about the House of Lords or having a Monarch.

Its a very somber mood in London today - its a very pro remain area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->