Wait or test

JeskaW

Mom of a 3yr old TTC #2
Reaction score
Ok so I posted this thread yesterday...I'm terrified to test and convinced it's better to wait until AF is due again incase my 1 day bleed and 2 day of brown spotting doesn't mean I'm out. It's nice to live in the what-if and I know a BFN this late would mean that I am out for sure. Today and last night I had a slight touch of nausea which is odd for me. I didn't throw up I just felt queasy when I drank my morning coffee and once when I coughed I felt like I was going to vomit...so I guess I'm looking for advice as to which is better, test or wait or maybe some encouraging words to give me hope that I just might see 2 lines😳

how many DPO are you?

I actually have no idea. We were NTNP and when AF was due on the 3rd and didn't show I looked up an online ovulation calendar and it says by my dates I should have Od around the 18-24 and we DTD on the 18th, 19th and 20th. 10 days after I was due for AF (the 13th) I had a light bleed 1day followed by 2 days of brown spotting when I wiped, which is not normal for me because I have a heavy flow that soaks a super tampon in a couple hours. My breasts get a little tender sometimes around AF time but they felt swollen and I didn't even want my BF to touch them at all. Now I have a discomfort in my abdomen that I can't really discribe as cramping just a discomfort and my breasts are only tender here and there...idk

I'm a little confused. So AF was due on the 3rd, but she didn't show up. You had one day of bleeding following by two days of spotting a week ago.

You cannot use an ovulation calendar to predict O for you. It will guess based on averages, but it is unreliable. If you haven't been charting or using tools to confirm O, you won't have any idea when you Oed. And without knowing when or if you Oed, then you have no idea when you are actually due.

My advice is to test because it's been over a month since your last period and you aren't using protection, so chances are you could be pregnant. Not knowing your exact O date, I can't give you any ideas either way of whether or not you will get two lines. But I think at this point we need a yes or no so we can figure out next steps.

Hope that made sense/ was helpful! Hope things all work out the way you want and definitely keep us updated.

Dobby, yes that made perfect sense. I charted and temped and everything while TTC my daughter who is now almost 4. This is something that he and I both want but I honestly wasn't even thinking about it. Yes my last regular AF was on May 7th lasting the usual 5 days and then we DTD on the 18, 19 & 20 with no protection and no pull out. I was due for AF on the 3rd. She didn't show so I tested on the 5th...BFN then I started to get super swollen breasts and light cramping that faded a little we DTD without protection again somewhere around the 4th-6th and then on the 13th I had a light bleed for a day followed by brown spotting for a couple days. I think what has me convinced I might be is because I never cramp or have abdominal discomfort AFTER AF at all and I do, along with tenderness in my breasts. So I'm hopeful but don't want to get my hopes up too high.

JeskaW, I'd say test for peace of mind. But I'm not rushing you. I understand the what if phase, I am kinda there myself with these crazy tww. Your body may actually relax once you do test though. I am still here for you. Its gonna be alright.

Maybe you tested too early? Or Oed late? I just couldn't wait for AF not knowing when to expect her next, ya know? So I vote test and reasses? Fxed

2DDs yes I know what you mean, I should test I just don't have the courage. Maybe because all I have is a clear blue digital (the one that counts the weeks) and I don't know how sensitive those are.

Dobby - I thought when I didn't start as usual that maybe I was having an off cycle which is why we BDd a couple days after my BFN and before the light bleed occurred. I don't think I want to wait and I was actually going to test with it this morning and when I woke up I didn't even think about it until after I had already started my morning pee (sorry tmi lol). I might pick up a first response line test tomorrow after work and test on Thursday.

I got a 1-2 weeks at 10dpo. My hcg on 11dpo was 42 with a doubling time of 35h since I had twins. So I think they are pretty good. Actually it was 27.52 hours so I would have been around 20.

I can get one after work. I think the digital ones are a flat yes or no and the line ones can show a faint line

Yeah. I say wait for a line test. Fxed

I'm going to...I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I guess that's why I don't want to test because I know knowing I am out after all is heartbreaking.

I remember when I was TTC with my daughter I charted, checked my cervix, took my temp regularly and nothing, the one cycle I stopped doing all of that BAM BFP and a now healthy happy 3 year old girl. I guess that's why this time around I try not to think about it but the wait between is the worst!

JeskaW at this point, I think the line test would be more sensitive. You can do it honey. And the results won't change how assume of a mom you already are. You Rock!

JeskaW at this point, I think the line test would be more sensitive. You can do it honey. And the results won't change how assume of a mom you already are. You Rock!

Thank you so much!!!! Ahhhhhh!!! Ok, I'm going to pick up a first response line test tomorrow after work. Should I wait till the next morning or just hold it for a couple hours without drinking too much liquid??

So nerve racking😳

Awwww Dobby, thank you so much Hun!!! I'm scared but gonna do it!!
��

Aww how funny is that? My AF is due Thursday. So send all the AF vibes this way and lots of baby dust to both of you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->