Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Not much here- dealing with a very sick kiddo. Hand foot and mouth turned into croup, and croup had just turned into walking pnemonia with a 104 fever. I've missed so much work and my boss isn't happy with me...

Congrats on your future new work week Krissie!! :thumbup:

Ashley-Hopefully your LO recovers from pneumonia. :flower:

It was a fun day at the mall with my family today.We didn't stay too long about two hours and my grandma is starting to get a cold.She was VERY tired today more tired than I've seen her in a long time.

She bought two outfits for Roxy which are cute and she can grow into them as she grows and gets older.

Ashley- I am so sorry about your ds. I hope he gets better soon. My ds is just over coming croup and that was hard enough.

Tara- glad you had a good time today.

Jadzia- hope the hcg draw went alright and you get some answers soon

Tara- glad your eeg went well! Its crazy that Roxy is already 5 months! And I had tried to watch your video but it wouldn't work on my phone. Next time I'm on the desktop I'll try it there! Glad you had a nice time at the mall

Krissie- hope Christian is feeling better...its always so hard when they are sick! Yay for the schedule change!! You will really love getting that extra time with Christian!

Darkriver- sounds like some good goals to work towards! How is the dieting going so far?

Keely- I Dont think you'll have to worry about bad weather up here...its been in the 40s-60s for the past week :) Charles and I have had several days playing outside without coats its been so warm! If you all have anytime in your schedule, shoot me a PM and we should work out a time to meet up! If the weather is good, there is a nice park in NKC or a free indoor play area not too far from you. Let me know!

Anne- welcome! I've added you to our list (second post). We are going to be trying at the same time! It feels like its coming up really fast. Do you have any fun plans while you wait?

Aidens- I hope you had a nice time with your nephew! Can't believe he is already one!

Ashley- oh no!! I hope he starts feeling better soon :( Did he have to be admitted to the hospital or are you at home? Your boss may not be happy but unfortunately you can't predict sickness. You're doing the right thing by taking care of your LO and I hope your boss becomes more understanding :flower:

AFM, all is going well! DH is on Christmas break for 2 weeks after tomorrow, which I am really excited about. His company Christmas party is tomorrow and we have a babysitter coming for Charles and I am really excited to get a night out!

All ready for Christmas and just enjoying all the fun activities around town. Have a few things planned to go do next week with all 3 of us and really excited! Its neat to see Charles understand mkre of what is going on. Next year he should know who Santa is and that will be really fun!

In cycle news, I ovulated on CD13 earlier this week! CD 13-15 is normal for me so there is one more thing that's normal! Now I am just really hoping LP lengthens/is back to normal. Will find out in a couple weeks!

Hope you all have a wonderful day! LO is done eating breakfast so I'm going to go chase him around now :)

Hi All,

I am new here, I have spent time on other boards but just looking to change things up! I love a waiting to conceive board! I am a mom to two little ones, 3 and almost 1, I also have a great husband and two dogs! I also work full-time, so needless to say my hands are very fully juggling everything! If that's not crazy enough we would like to eventually have a third!

We are thinking of starting to try in June, so that hopefully by the time we get pregnant my daughter will be in or close to Kindergarten! Daycare for three near me is just too much!! I look forward to "meeting everyone"!

Welcome Alfiesmom.

I cannot believe that it is almost 2016!! This year has really just flown by for me.

Happy to meet everyone- and to have company while we wait! I feel like the next 3 months will pass very slowly...
My goals while I wait: start potty training (my 18 year old son Chase seems to have little interest in the toilet thus far), try to night wean (he is very attached to breastfeeding!) and perhaps start doing some physical activity again- that would be nice!

Welcome alfiesmom and AnneBurg.

As to me, my blood draw was negative but now I've missed a second period. I have a feeling the Dr's office is closed the next two weeks so maybe I'll get in again in the new year. What a mystery.

So my mom told me that my grandma's medication was uped by 3x!! I'm not sure what medication she's on but by the looks of it,it's taking a toll on her since she looked so tired yesterday. Hopefully she feels better after her medication was changed.

Alfiesmom- welcome! I've added you to our list (second post). Let me know if your dates change and I can update. Do you have a gender preference for your third?

Anne- sounds like some great goals! My DS is 20 months and is no where near ready to potty train. He will take toilet paper, wipe himself, put it in the toilet, close the lid (you're welcome future wife lol) and flush. But the actual going potty part has no interest. Im hoping to at least have started by the time the next one comes. Is he waking at night to nurse or just nursing to sleep? DS weaned at 17 months and was up 5-7 times at night...was very to have him weaned and get some sleep again lol.

Jadzia- sorry you are having cycle issues! I know it is SO frustrating and I hope you can get some answers soon. :flower: Are you taking any supplements to help regulate it?

Tara- :hugs: I hope your grandma gets better soon :hugs:

AFM, I'm starting to get cold feet about trying. This happened last time 4 months before we started trying and its 3.5 months before this time...at least I'm consistent :) I think its because DS has been having a rough week. Very needy and clingy, not sleeping great with taking short naps, waking up at night once and waking up early. He is also eating everything in sight so I feel pretty confident its a growth spurt. I just keep thinking "how do I do this when there is two??" I know its something every STM goes through, its just making me doubt it. I'm also feeling like we were so lucky with Charles to have a healthy pregnancy and baby...but what if this time it isn't? Sigh...just nervous! Anyone else getting some jitters?

Kaity, I am absolutely getting the jitters!! I was so sure February was going to be the perfect time to start tying. But now I am really considering going back to my original plan on May. Since we would plan to start in Mid-May we are down to less than 5 months. Which just isn't that far away anyways. DH of course wants to NTNP and while I consider it the thought of getting pregnant is freaking me out still. Plus that would give a little over 2.5 year age gap and allow me to take maternity leave the rest of the school year and my summer. So baby would be 4-5 months when I went back. Which I really like the idea of that. Plus Christian will have started at preschool because he will be 3 when I go back.

Eh, at this rate DH might be right and we only end up with one!! Although I do want two, I also see the appeal to a larger age gap now.

Kaity - I would love to meet and get the boys together while I'm up there! I was actually going to ask if you wanted to. We'll be headed up there on either the 21st or 22nd and staying at my mother's in Excelsior Springs (NKC area) for at least a week. We'll have to figure out a day that works well for both of us, I'll PM you my cell number. :D

Anne - My son is a little over 2 years old and shows absolutely no interest in potty training atm. I've just been taking him into the bathroom with me when I go and hoping that eventually he becomes interested. He will sit on his potty without taking his pants off but that's about it. I've heard that it's very common for boys to take longer to potty train though so we aren't in any rush and we aren't planning to push potty training until he turns 3, then we're going to get really serious about it.

Tara - I hope that your grandma gets well soon. :hugs:

Now that I'm almost in my 3rd Trimester I'm beginning to feel a mix of impatience and jitters. We don't have anything ready for Thea yet and won't be able to start on the nursery until January. I'm also not sure how I'm going to handle life with 2 and wondering if we should have waited a little longer but at the same time I'm excited and impatient to meet my DD. I am glad that we'll have about a 2.5 year age gap though, I don't think I could have done anything less than that.

I'm glad it's Friday!!! :happydance: Anyone doing exciting for the weekend?

My birthday is coming up fast!! I can't believe I'll be 31 on Tuesday. :wacko: My mom is going to pay for my eyebrow wax and hair trim.After that we're going to lunch but I don't know what restaurant I want to go to. :shrug:

I am going shopping this weekend. Need to finish Christmas stuff. I have just not been in the mood.

I'm off the next 2 weeks! And dh only has to work Monday -Wednesday so I am so excited to spend time with him.

I have this next week off and Monday and Friday the week after :) Not much to do this weekend though, just relaxing.

Heehee I realize I wrote 18 years in my post instead of 18 months! Getting a little ahead of myself there...
Yes christmas shopping awaits me this weekend as well. I'm not looking forward to that aspect. Crowds of rushed grumpy shoppers is not the best way to get into the spirit, you know?

I have a few more things to get and am so not looking forward to the crowded stores!

On the other hand, one of my good friends told me she's pregnant! I'm so happy for her, but just a tad bitter. She was just married in September. I'm happy for her though!

I'm glad I finished my Christmas shopping!! The only person I shopped for was Roxy. :haha: <3

Today I found out I'm going to be an aunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: My brother and his girlfriend are having a baby that's due next July on the 9th. This has been the best Christmas in LONG time!!!!! I'm soooooooo excited. :happydance:

They let my mom and I know by taping their ultrasound in the card. When my mom didn't understand it she handed it to me and I pulled down the ultra sound and said "oh wow". That's all I could say when I saw the ultra sound. :haha: Is it weird that I want to put a countdown to the due date in my signature? I haven't been this happy in soooooooooooooooo long.

I don't mean to double post but I can't believe it's been almost a year since I posted this!!! :wacko:

I'm really excited for Christmas this year since it'll be my nieces' first!! :happydance: :cloud9: <3

That is exciting Tara!

I would only shop for kids but my in laws are weird about gift giving. And since I haven't been able to stop them from getting us stuff, even going so far as not getting them stuff. I have given up and do something.

I got dh his gift today. I am so excited for him to open it. He's going to love it!

And I am starting my Christmas book collection for us to read on the days leading up to Christian.

Anyone have any special books they read during the holidays?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->