Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

How are your in-laws weird about gift giving?

Curtis,Linzdy and Roxy came over today!!!!!! :happydance: :cloud9: <3 She's starting to smile more and even smiled at me!! <3 I can't wait to see them again on Christmas Eve at Lindzy's moms!!! :happydance:

Lindzy said that Roxy is in size three diapers now so I don't know what to do with the size two diapers I bought Roxy for Christmas. :shrug: I'm going to look tomorrow if I can find size 3 on sale at the drug store near here.

Also,my dad wants to do something for my birthday on Tuesday but I already have plans with my mom.I'm getting my eyebrows waxed and my hair trimmed and then we're going for lunch.The problem is that last year I told my dad that we were going out for supper for my birthday.To make a long story short I don't want to tell him where we're going because he made a scene in the restaurant and left shortly after he got there.It was so embarrassing that I wanted to fall into a black hole. :dohh: He can also be so negative about EVERYTHING and makes me not want to do anything with him. :wacko:

Tara- for the diapers you can usually return them for a larger size. Most stores are really good about it even without a recipe.

I hope you have a good birthday.

My inlaws insist they get everyone a gift for Christmas, birthdays, mothers and father day, ect. And my mil can be such a twit about what we give her. There have been times we have bought nice things that we later see ruined and unopened. So I hate wasting money on things that aren't appreciated. Plus I don't really enjoy giving and getting gifts so I'm happy with good company and dinner.

I think I'm going to buy tickets for the new Star Wars movie and concessions as part of our gift. And then I have a game for them and everyone a really nice leather bookmark. Since mil is getting everyone books I thought it fit nicely.

Speaking of books.. I have no idea what ds is getting from everyone so I have been getting him books. Poor kid. I hope he grows up to like then.

I don't blame you for not wanting to waste $ on gifts that aren't appreciated.In my family I don't buy for many people mainly because I honestly don't know what they want.There are some member who do give out $ and this year my grandma bought Roxy two outfits at the mall last week.When my cousins and I were younger we used to pick names but I don't know why we stopped doing that.

Hope you have a wonderful christmas ladies :)
Just dropping by before I go off for the holidays. Have a great new year too!!

Hi ladies :hi:

Could I join you all in the wait? I have two children, a daughter who is 4 & my son who is one on the 7th January! (Times flown by) we would love baby number 3 but we are waiting at least another 6 to 7 months before we begin TTC! We don't have a specific date set, we are just paying off some things first and once the finances are in order we will begin to try!

Looking forward to getting to know you lovely ladies :)

Mummy to be- welcome! I've added you to our list (second post). Let me know when you know your dates and I'll update the front page. Happy early bday to your LO!

Ashley- how is your LO feeling? I hope you all are feeling good ahead of the holidays!

Krissie- it is so hard when people are unappreciative of the time, effort and money that goes into a gift. Sounds like a great idea to do an 'experience' gift...hopefully they like it! We are just starting to build our christmas book collectuon too. Right now we habe the story of Christmas boardbook and the night before christmas...so im not a lot of help lol. Let me know if you find any good ones! I'm seeing the appeal of a larger age gap too! If we waited an extra 6 months, than DS would be getting ready to start preschool once baby was born...but I also Dont want to wait....its very conflicting lol

Keely- :hugs: I am sure it is really nerve wracking!! But you will manage and adjust to fit her perfectly into your life :flower: are you going to do a themed nursery?

Tara- happy birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful day hun! Enjoy the time with your mom and hope you are able to figure things out with your dad

Jadzia- that is awesome you get the week off!! Enjoy the break!

Anne- I hope you were able to get your shopping done! I try to have all mine done by the first week of December for that very reason...I Dont want to be out and about with rushed shoppers!

Sky- hi!! Hope you are doing well! How are you feeling about your chances this month?

AFM, today is my and Bens anniversary! 8 years married already... Feels both like it was just yesterday we were saying I Do and at the same time that it's been longer than 8 years! We are having a fun family day today out and about the city

Happy anniversary Kaity.

Happy birthday Tara!

Lots going on today!

I found a daycare/preschool that I like. It's more expensive than my first choice but could work if we needed it.

Happy anniversary, Kaity! And yes we are doing a themed nursery although we don't have it 100% planned yet. I'm thinking something to do with birds though as we have a vintage bird cage that we're going to turn into a chandelier. :D

Happy birthday, Tara! I hope that you have a great day. :cake:

Krissie we saw the new Star Wars this weekend when we went on a date and did our Christmas shopping for DS. It was great, we're glad that we saw it. :thumbup:

Mummy to be x welcome to the group! :wave: :flower:

Kaity : Happy anniversary!

Tara : Hope you have a great birthday!

Mummy to be x : Welcome!

On the good side my ds is feeling so much better! We aren't even halfway through his course of antibiotics and the change is drastic! I'm thinking it's been an infection all along, and the doctors blew it off as just a virus. Finishing up my last day of work tomorrow until Monday, which will be nice to finally get in the Christmas spirit!

I had a really good birthday. :) My mom bought me a fitbit flex! :happydance: I've been wearing it all day long. :haha: I went out for lunch with my mom and uncle.I'm still full from it so most likely I won't be having supper but I think I'll have some ice cream after. :haha: I also got my eyebrows waxed and my hair trimmed.I think I'll sleep good tonight considering how much I ate today and I can't wait to track my sleep with my fitbit!

Also I think my period started today which is surprising since it wasn't supposed to start until next week.The last two cycle's it's been shorter than usual.

Tara - Happy birthday! :cake: I'm glad you had a good day!

Kaity - Happy anniversary! :wedding:

Ashley - So glad that your son is finally feeling better.

Mummy to be - Welcome :flower:

AFM - OH started his 8 day vacation today and I'm so glad that he's going to be home for a full week. We've got a lot to keep us busy, though. We've got Christmas with his family, then with my family, plus my kids are going with their dad for a few days, then we're celebrating our own Christmas once we finally get to come home.

My youngest daughter's birthday is on December 29th, so that's going to be a really hard day.

The end of my tww is after Christmas, though, so I'm hoping that Santa brings me a bfp. FX!

I hope you all have a great holiday! :xmas16:

Ashley - I think I remember you from the trimesters last year? :)

tverb - that sounds like a nice birthday, always makes a nice treat when you can be pampered! :flower:

aidens momma - I hope you get that BFP! Fingers crossed :)

Are all you ladies organised for christmas? I've just finished up the last bits today, so I can now finally relax and enjoy it!

I've been done my shopping for about two weeks now.On Monday I bought diapers for my niece and a card for the volunteer coordinator at the blood clinic.

So an ex friend of mine sent me a message on facebook saying "wishing you a Merry Christmas". It's a long story about why we're not friends anymore and right now I'm about to block her on there.I think it's better that way since I know I'm much better without her in my life.I miss the person who I thought she was not the person she is.

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. We finally set a date to TTC. March 1st is when we will officially start trying. :)

tverb - I have a friend who is no Longer a friend of mine, she changed so much and never bothered with any of us, she never even came to meet my baby and he's one nearly, she was supposed to be my best friend, not anymore :( you do what you feel is best in your situation :hugs:

Thorpedo - :hi: congratulations on an official date!!! :wohoo:

Yes mummy to be I do remember you! My ds is 15 months now! Time flies!

We are also starting to try March 1st!

And I just finished shopping today, and still have to wrap everything! Ugh!

Please add me to the list for TTC #2 in March 2016! Thanks!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->