Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Tara- hope you had a nice visit to the gym! Sorry, no advice on the fitbit/MFP

Krissie- never fear hun...there will come a day when he will sleep better for you. Charles was 17 months when it clicked for him so believe me when I say - I know what you are going through and there IS hope for it to get better. Definitely agree that it comes down to personality. Hopefully your DH is able to get his schedule switched at some point. That was the biggest thing for us. DH took over putting Charles to bed and comforting him at night except for nursing until he night weaned. Once Charles figured out he wasn't getting me anymore, he learned to self settle. I hope it gets better soon :hugs: :hugs: Nice job on getting the room painted!! And I hope you are able to get into therapy to help with your anxiety issues in the new year!

curiosity- hello and welcome! I've added you to our list (second post). Please let me know if your dates change and I will update. The time is going to fly by for the rest of your wait in no time!! Any fun plans between now and then?

ARuppe716- Hi! I've added you to our list (second post). Please let me know if your dates change and I'll get you updated! How exciting that the Mirena is coming out soon! With the Mirena, does it typically take time for your body to regulate after it comes out? Or does it usually go back to normal pretty quick? Not too much longer!! Anything you're hoping to accomplish between now and then?

I can't believe we are just a couple days away from 2016 ladies!! What an exciting year it is going to be for all of us!!

Thank you for the warm welcome! I think you can try as soon as the mirena comes out. However, I've read that it really thins the uterine walls, so some recommend giving yourself some time to let it rebuild for better chance of healthy pregnancy. Last time around, I was on nuva ring and came off it several months in advance to let my body even out and it seemed to work well for me. I haven't had AF in months so may take some time to figure out my body's timing! Between now and october, I'm hoping to lose some more weight. I gained 58 whopping pounds with ds and it took me 2 years to lose it. I wasn't happy with the weight I started at and would like to be in a better place this time around and manage it better. I'm hoping to lose about 25 pounds still! I have a family wedding in the spring to break up the year and keep me motivated!

kksy9b- thank you, so exciting! How long is it for you? I'll be kept busy between now and then as we are buying our first home :) still feels like it'll drag until March though!

ARuppe716- good luck with your weight loss! I'm aiming to lose some before TTC, let me know if you have any tips!

We bought a house in April and it has definitely kept me busy. I've had a lot of projects inside and out to keep me distracted.

Thanks Kaity for always being supportive. :hugs: I've struggled a lot over the last year with what to do. And I just don't have people outside of here to talk to.

I'm definitely in the slow and steady camp...I lose weight little by little and it has stayed off pretty well. I'm back on my fitness pal and logging my food to get myself in check. I am also a fan of weight watchers but don't want to pay the membership fees right now.

Hopefully, this year goes by quick. I tend to be very busy with my son, my house, my job, and getting my masters degree, so I hope it makes the months not drag!

Krissie - I'll definitely be kept busy! It'll all need painting/re-papering as no one has lived in it for years. I bet you're finding all the work worth it though :winkwink:

ARuppe716 - that sounds great, it'll be fairly slow for me too with just cutting down and extra gym visits but I'm considering slimming world too for some extra encouragement, Christmas has meant I've regained what I lost lol. Good luck with the Mirena removal!! Very exciting!

Yes, I have painted all but a little bit of our house. It has been crazy but I do think it's worth it. I still want to update all of the base boards and add some crown moulding. We are also saving up to replace our kitchen cabinets, hoping to do that over the summer.

Hi everyone! Today my husband surprised me buy saying that he wants to TTC after our vacation in June 2016. I have wanted to try for nearly 2 years so I am over the moon, as I was starting to feel a bit desperate. I thought it would probably happen in 2016 (I even started taking some preconception vitamins a few weeks ago, just in case), but have been letting my husband come to his own decision without pressuring him (which I have honestly found really hard!). So it was amazing to hear him say he wants to go for baby no 1 in 2016!

So now the planning begins, and I'm going to be doing lots of research on getting ready and getting as healthy as possible before June. :)

I'm just going to keep syncing my fitbit with my phone and not even bother with my laptop. Today I reached 10,000 steps and my fitbit vibrates when that happens.It feels so weird when that happens! :haha:

I also can't believe that tomorrow is the last day of 2015!! :wacko: It feels like this year went by too fast and 2016 probably will as well! I'm looking forward to see what will happen. :thumbup:

Hi everyone.

I've been on and off stalking this thread since it started because I was pretty confident 2016 would be our year but couldn't set out any proper plans with one thing and another. Anyway, we had said we were going to start trying in june/july time but then DH lost his job in march last year, was out of work for 2 months and then took a pay cut. Long story short, even though it's not ideal we've decided to go for it by the end of the year and see what happens so I'm definitely joining you now.

We would have liked to be in a position to move to a bigger house and I really wanted to have a promotion at work first but with one thing and another the house at least is not going to happen this year and I don't want too big an age gap between DD and her sibling.

Happy New Year everyone! Last day of 2015 and we should all be off to TTC this year. :happydance: I really can't believe 2016 is actually here. I feel like I've been waiting forever and yet now that it's almost here I can't believe it. I haven't been super active this last year...I lurk and enjoy reading but posting just hasn't been something I've gotten around to. I guess I was just trying to lay off the baby dreaming because it was still so far away. Now it's just a few short months. Not sure what I'll think when it is finally here.

As it is, I've moved my date forward a bit. Originally we planned on September 2016 but as it's gotten closer we are taking some other things into consideration. I'd like to try and time the birth to happen while I'm still employed with the county so I can use the insurance rather than have a later baby and have to switch back to my husbands insurance. Hoping for April/May of 2017. So we've decided to move up our Mexico trip to right after I finish the school year, leave on June 28th and come off the pill the day I get back. Hoping to use the supposed "extra fertile" time right after the pill. We will see..I've come off the pill twice by accident because I ran out or my insurance changed and I got my period back within three days both times. So I'm hoping to come off, have two and a half weeks to hopefully get my period out of the way and maybe try as best we can that month, then my mom and I are going to France for a week.

It's a long shot that it would all work out perfectly, but this was a nice compromise. I wanted to make sure I wasn't on my period for any part of my Mexico vacation because it's so important for us to have this last one be perfect. But at least I can try for July hopefully. So I am almost at 6 months! :happydance:

Super exciting you are moving your dates up Symphony. Are you planning to stay home once baby comes? Just curious as you mentioned insurance switching.

My poor little guy can't catch a break. We were in the er this morning with a terrible rash. Turns out he's allergic to amoxicillin. My boss is not happy that I had to miss another day, but there isn't much I can do..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 4
My poor little guy can't catch a break. We were in the er this morning with a terrible rash. Turns out he's allergic to amoxicillin. My boss is not happy that I had to miss another day, but there isn't much I can do..

Awww poor baby! That looks miserable.

Are you in thr states? If you are can your missing days be covered under fmla so you don't lose your job?

I'm not really worried about losing my job. She's just rude and threatens to take things away because I'm unreliable. I work at my sons daycare and I have my own classroom. She has threatened to take away my room because I'm out with a sick kid etc. she just makes my life hell while I'm there if that makes sense

Krissie- that's the plan! That's part of the reason we have waited so long, to make sure we could make it on OH's salary.

Ashley - sorry to hear about your boss being such a pain. You'd think that working with children she would be more understanding. Hope your boy is feeling better soon.

Symphony- that's great! Unfortunately for us if we waited for that we would still be waiting and probably several years away. But I enjoy working and the break. Plus next year it looks like I will get to go down to 4 days a week. Which will be 160 days a year and that doesn't seem so bad.

Awww I hope your son gets better. :flower: The least your boss can be is understanding especially when children are involved.Also, it makes no sense to be mad about your son being sick considering you both work at a daycare.You would think she would be used to children getting sick. :shrug:

I can't believe it'll be 2016 in just over four hours!! :wacko: Is it just me or does it feel like 2015 just started? I'm excited to see what will happen in 2016! :happydance:

Well less that 3 hours until 2016 here! I cannot believe it. But I'm excited for all the happy news to come this year in this group!

My ticker if we start trying in February is only 7 weeks away! So so crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->