Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Jessica- how exciting to be team yellow!! What does your DH think the baby is? Definitely a bit sad to know it's your last baby (this will be our last as well) and you wont go through pregnancy/newborn again after them. for me, there is also a bit of relief that comes with it as well. I think it's because I love the toddler stage so much and am looking forward to getting through all the challenges of having an infant and toddler and get to where both are more interactive. though nothing beats those newborn snuggles...guess we just need to soak the experience up and enjoy each moment of it! I hope you don't have to have a c-section...I had an epi and was scared but it turned out wonderful (labored to 8cm, couldn't get through transition and it kicked in at 9cm). Could still feel my legs and move in the bed. led the delivery as opposed to being told when to push. I've heard some bad stories, but mostly positive...doesn't have to be scary for you :hugs: With a section, I'm not sure if it's an epi or something else but they definitely numb you during the surgery. I love your names! I like that they aren't too common but not "out there" names IYKWIM. Beautiful choices :flower:

curiosity- i hope the month goes by quick for you! between all the packing and prepping for the new house, it will probably pass quicker than you think! I've been taking folic acid since switching off my prenatal post-wean in September. I've also been taking B6 and Vitex since November to try and help regulate my cycles and lengthen my LP. It's a bit everywhere since stopping BF'ing. How about you? Are you taking anything? Thank you for the congrats..it's been a long road but i'm glad to almost be at the end of it! Best of luck to you in accomplishing your goals!! We cut out processed foods in June of last year and almost right away noticed a big jump in energy. One of the best decisions we made!

Krissie- looks like 3 of your goals can work with each other to help them be accomplished. I started meal planning last summer when we started really watching our diet and noticed a big difference. We still ate out once a week for awhile but now it's down to once or twice a month. It's just easier to eat at home now that we have a routine established. I know it's harder to plan/shop/cook when you're working. maybe prep as much as you can on the weekend and freeze? then you could pull it out in the morning and throw it in the oven when you get home? I love your other goals of playing/reading with Christian more and paying off your cc debt. Good luck!

Keely- I think getting Thea safely into the world and navigating life with an infant and toddler is a great goal for the year...not much else is needed lol. What subject/grade level are you hoping to teach?

Laroawan- nice goals! Do you have a certain type of dance class you are wanting to take? Or more of a zumba type of exercise just at home? My DH and I were always the same way with shopping. Honestly, a lot of food was wasted because we would overbuy and never eat it. Now though, on Sunday, I make that weeks meal plan and write the grocery list. We go Monday morning to shop. Only going one week at a time, having the list in order of the store and a toddler who could decide to melt down at any time (though he is 95% of the time perfect in the store) keeps me on track. Have you thought about taking a cooking class to help give you some ideas? i find that simple is best and try to not get too creative.

Tara- that is a great goal to work on! I hope you are able to get back to school! how is the job search going?

Kksy9b - We are gamers so we got a dance game that is a great workout. Really gets us sweating and good music.

I think one of our major cooking problems is our jobs. DH works a lot of OT so I cook for myself a lot and am not motivated to make anything interesting for myself. Also I work a physically intense job so am just exhausted at the end of the day. Hoping getting in better shape will help me with energy at the end of the day. People suggest to cook on weekends and freeze but that is usually the only time we have to run errandsa and spend time together.

Also hoping we can move to a home with a bigger kitchen. Current one is only big enough for one person to work in. With a bigger one we could cook together and make that a family time activity on the weekends.

Definitely understand not wanting to cook! We were always the same way- get home late and the last thing you want to do is cook! Our kitchen was an alley kitchen so long and narrow and not much room..its definitely easier now with more space. Could you do one weekend a month to prepare some dinners for that month? That way you have the food to make it easier, but isn't every weekend having to cook. What game do you have?

Kaity - I'm planning to teach high school foreign language, all grades. I'm going to start out with Spanish and I hope to also be able to offer at least French. A third language in the future would be great as well but I'm undecided on which one.

Laroawan - We're gamers too! I have a couple of dance games for the Kinect but my DH didn't have a Kinect with his Xbox 360 when I moved in with him and I didn't have an Xbox 360 of my own so we're going to wait until tax returns to buy an Xbox One (DH insists although I'd rather just get another Xbox 360). The disc reader on our current Xbox 360 is broken and it's an old console anyway so it really needs to be replaced.

I love our kitchen here, it's spacious enough that we can easily have multiple people in it at the same time but the rest of the house significantly lacks space, especially storage. It works for now but I'm hoping it won't be ages before we can buy our first home. We're currently renting.

I keep thinking about doing some freezer meals. But at this point I think just doing a basic menu plan would help a lot. That way I can grocery shop on the weekend and not have to go out several times during the week. Or worse pick up something on the way home.

I really do want to focus on getting healthier and eating better. And spending time with DS that is quality. He was sick last night so coming back to work today has been tough. I was up twice with him throwing up. :(

Laroawan - We're gamers too! I have a couple of dance games for the Kinect but my DH didn't have a Kinect with his Xbox 360 when I moved in with him and I didn't have an Xbox 360 of my own so we're going to wait until tax returns to buy an Xbox One (DH insists although I'd rather just get another Xbox 360). The disc reader on our current Xbox 360 is broken and it's an old console anyway so it really needs to be replaced.

We have both a 360 and xbox one and I must admit I was really hesitant about getting it. But we have both really come to like it more. I don't play a ton of games but the ones I do are better now.

Our 360 is over 10 years old now. We got the red ring a few years ago, fixed it and now its back. Eventually we will get an Xbox one but DH prefers playing on the computer right now so we aren't in a rush.

Krissie- sorry you were up with a sick kiddo :(:( I think working to spend more quality time with him is a great plan!

I want to eat healthier too but sometimes it's so hard especially in winter I just want to curl up on sofa and eat crap! Can't wait til better weather comes so can get out on bike.

Krissie - I found freezer meals a really good way of saving money, I'm trying to get back into them, though they are quite time consuming. Like some of the other ladies I don't get home til late - today I made soup and it took all evening! Budget recipe books are helpful as they only take a few ingredients and save time :)

Kksy9b - we may be similar there! My biggest worry is a short LP so I was going to start Vitex next month. Other than that I started pregnacare this month :) hope the vitex and B6 help!

Great to see everyone's home and fitness goals ladies, nice we're all in it together :)

We're playing Dance Central Spotlight for the xbox one kinect. We just got the kinect for Christmas and love it. Little bit of a learning curve but great once you know the voice commands.

I really recommend the xbox one in general. We have all the current gen consoles because dh is a video game designer. We use the xbox the most because it has a lot of other built in functionality.

Hoping a new kitchen will isnpire us to maybe do a monthly/weekly dinner prep day. Just saw a listing for a nice townhouse just slightly out of our budget. 3 bedroom 2 bath. Would be nice to have a place we could grow into if we could make the budget work.

Honestly Kaity I haven't really applied to jobs for a while plus I keep forgetting to edit my references because the cook I learnt from isn't at the Unemployed Help Centre.I am still going to keep him as a reference and leave his cell phone number on.

Last month the job counselor thought it would be a good idea if I went back in the kitchen at the UHC for more experience.I did but didn't even do much,all we did was sit in a classroom for four hours and did meals on wheels.When I was in the program we did meals on wheels pretty much so it was such a waste of my time to go for that one day.Suffice to say,I didn't go back after that because I didn't think I would of learned more than I already do about cooking. :shrug:

Kksy9b - DH was convinced another girl but lately he is not so sure! I can't imagine the sea of blue I will see if it ends up being a boy... No boys for 56 years in one family and 21 for the other would call for a huge celebration I think. Everyone would still be happy with a girl, just the same!

Had a lot of back pain earlier today. I will be glad when the 14th comes to have another appointment with my OB. Have a general appt. with my NP tomorrow, so excite to hear the babys heart beat once again!

I'm stressing out! My ds has developed an allergy to something and I'm not sure what it is.. But no matter what he eats, he breaks out in hives 5-10 minutes later. It's not a specific food either so I'm not sure..

Oh Ashley! Your poor little guy. I hope he gets sorted soon and gets feeling better.

Thanks! We seriously cannot catch a break! On the good side, one of my New Years resolutions was to keep a cleaner house. I deep cleaned Sunday and it's still clean! Lol. I've been picking up each night before bed, keeping on top of laundry, etc! I'm feeling good about it.

How's everyone doing? I'm doing good except last night I slept on my right side the wrong way so my right shoulder and that side of my neck have been sore.On the bright side it doesn't hurt as bad as it did when I woke up!! :thumbup:

I'm having a similar problem! My neck is so sore today. Eventually gave me a headache which I can't seem to shake. Hope we can both sleep on a better angle tonight.

My neck and shoulder are feeling a bit better!! :thumbup: I can move my neck on the right side more than yesterday.At first I had to move my whole upper body to look on my right side but I don't need to do that now!!

Anyone have exciting/fun plans this weekend? Mine will probably be non-exciting as usual. :haha:

I'm just taking my 3 hour GTT tomorrow which is going to suck but on the bright side the ILs are finally getting all of the stuff for Thea's nursery ordered this weekend. :happydance:
DH and I are also going to clean out the 3rd bedroom in preparation of the nursery items.

Sigh...I had a response all typed out and hit the wrong button

I'll go through tomorrow and retype to catch up with everyone

Have had a bit of a rough time here with a couple falls that gave Charles a partial black eye (poor kid fell twice into two different bedframes yesterday hitting the same eye). Then he woke up from nap today with a 102 fever. So just going to have a relaxing weekend getting him better. Its also going to be cold and snowy so great to stay inside! I foresee a lot of Toy Story in our close future :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->