Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

It's officially 2016 here!!!! Happy New Year!!!!! :happydance::xmas8:

I had originally planned on ttc after my dd turned 3 in February. I was on bc and took them faithfully as I wanted to get some weight off before getting pregnant but baby had other plans and I am due March 19th. lol Happy New Year!

Happy 2016 ladies!

Congrats Jessica. Do you know what you're having?

Congrats Jessica! Here's to lots of bfp to come this is our year ladies! :)

Congratulations Jessica, not long for you now!

Ashley - hope your little one is better soon.

Well ladies we can now say we're TTC this year!! And to those in 2017/18 it's another year closer! Happy New Year ladies, here's to lots of beautiful :bfp:s!

Jessica - Glad to see that your pregnancy has been successful, I know that when you first announced that you were feeling really nervous about MC. Congrats again! Also we're due date buddies, I'm also due the 19th. :D

Happy New Year, ladies! I'm looking forward to seeing all of the :bfp: and births we have coming this year! :happydance:

Happy New Year! DH and I talked last night and agreed this will be my last pack of bcp. Two more weeks until they're finished. Exciting and scary lol.

LAROAWAN that's so exciting! Hope your body ovulate ASAP for you! :)

Just checked the list on the first page and there's quite a few ttcing this month. Good luck!! :dust:

I still have no clue when I'll have children but Roxy my niece has helped keep my baby lust at bay. :coffee:

How was everyone's New Years Eve/Day?

Thanks almosthere. Hoping we can move to ntnp and see where that takes us. Don't want to put too much pressure on us as we are still "young" but at the same time baby fever is real!

Laroawan congrats! I hope that your NTNP/TTC journey is short and that it doesn't take long for your cycles to regulate after you stop the pill. :happydance: :flower:

Almostthere - Your son has a great name. :winkwink:

Good luck to all of the ladies moving over to NTNP/TTC this month! :dust:

happy new year everyone!! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and a great start to 2016!! This will be such a big year for us as we all start trying/have babies! I cannot WAIT to see all those beautiful BFPs!!!

Sorry I've been away for a few days- my parents were in town and I didn't have a chance to do a big catch up until now.

ARuppe- Hopefully your body will regulate somewhat quickly and you will be ready to go for later this year! Congratulations on your weight loss!! Believe me, I know how challenging it can be (i've lost 65 so far with 15 to go) and you should be incredibly proud of your journey so far! Best of luck with losing the 25 additional pounds...you can do it! I'm a big fan of MFP as well...it's 80% diet and seeing those numbers staring at you gives me a lot of motivation to do better! What are you getting your Masters degree in?

curiosity- ooh! a new home! Have you closed on the house yet or are you still going through the contract process? When are you hoping to move in? We moved last March into our second house and are hoping it will be our forever house. It's a lot of work/stress but it is SO nice once it is done! We start trying in late March/April, depending on where my cycles fall...so just after you start! Will be nice to have some cycle buddies!

krissie- :hugs: i'm sorry that you've been struggling with no one else to talk to. We are always here for you to help support and lift you up. And please don't feel like you HAVE to start trying if you're not ready. First priority is making sure that YOU are physically, mentally and emotionally prepared for another pregnancy and baby

wishingwishes- hello! i've added you to our list (second post). Let me know if your dates change and I can update. Congratulations on setting a date!! How exciting that your hubby brought it up too! Where are you going on vacation at?

Tara- congrats on hitting your 10k steps! have you been able to keep it up in the last few days? And I'm opposite from you- I feel like 2015 was a nice long year and am hoping that 2016 is the same way!

annio84- hi! I've got you on the list hun as "unknown" for now but let me know what month you all decide to start trying and I'll move you up! sorry to hear about your hubby's job last year. We went through the same several years ago when I lost mine and it was so hard financially and emotionally to get through. In the end it all worked out and it seems like things are going okay for you now. And even if it's not before you start trying, you may find yourself able to move before the next baby comes. No matter what, it will be an exciting year for you!

Symphony- congrats on moving your dates up!!! i've updated the front page for you. Fingers crossed the timing all works out as you're hoping for and that you have a perfect vacation in the summer! We waited longer too so that I could stay home and am SO happy we did! While there are plenty of challenging days/moments, I am thankful each and every day that I have the opportunity to be here with him as he grows.

Ashley- oh no!! Right as he was getting better too :( I hope he is doing better now and that your boss isn't giving you too much hassle about it.

Jessica- so happy to hear that your pregnancy is going well and you are due so soon! Do you know if you are having a boy or girl? Or are you staying team yellow?

Laroawan- yay! congratulations! I've added you to our list (second post) but hopefully you will quickly move into the preggo section! I like the NTNP approach- feels like way less pressure to me

Wanted to send a shout out of congratulations to LockandKey who had her baby girl today (well yesterday as it's after midnight here)!

My New Year was wonderful. My parents came into town for a few days and my DS had such a fun time with them. DH and I even got to go out one night for dinner with some family and friends while they babysat! I feel like I am calmer than expected with hitting the New Year. The year we tried for Charles, January hit and it felt SO CLOSE and I panicked a bit. This time though, it still feels plenty far away and I'm glad. We have a lot of things happening between now and then, including DH starting a new job in February! I just don't feel the same rush to pass the time as I did before. I think part of it is wanting to enjoy my time with Charles and not wish it away.He is such a Momma's boy and I want to savor all of these sweet moments with him while he is still so little. And the other part is that this will be my last wait for a baby..we are definitely done at two. So I'm just trying to relax and enjoy this time spent dreaming and wondering what the next pregnancy will be like. To anticipate all of those milestone moments before they happen.... I want to fully experience and appreciate this time spent waiting and the pregnancy when it comes. I'm not sure how I'm going to emotionally handle being "done" so I'm trying to take it one step at a time. Cycle wise- turns out I had an anovulatory cycle last month. So frustrating as its just getting worse and not better. Giving one more month on the vitamins my doctor recommended. If I dont see an improvement, I'm going off everything but folic acid and let my body figure itself out!

Oh my goodness...I just updated the list with the January gals and it is SO long now! I love that every month we have more and more ladies who will be trying!

Sorry for the double post but the last one was so long and I didn't want this to get lost!

In recent years, I have loved setting New Year goals (i call them goals instead of resolutions) and thought if you all had any we could all share!

Mine include:
-Finish losing the last 15 pounds on my weight loss journey
-Run a 10k in the spring
-Attend church at least 50% of the time (we are often unable to go due to other commitments but want to go when we are able)
-Cook at least 50 new recipes
-Make more effort to stay in contact with my brothers
-Be happy
-Navigate my DH's new job and a pregnancy (hopefully!!) without breaking down communication with DH. Considering couples counseling as a precaution for this to make sure we get through it alright.

Happy new year ladies. I am so thankful it is 2016.
Time has flown and I hope we see loads of our deserved bfps this year!

Thanks Ladies. DH and I have decided to stay team Yellow again although I am convinced I am having another girl (which is totally fine!). We have decided that this baby will be the last which is a little sad but with a toddler and a baby we will be on our toes for the next few years anyway!

I was concerned about MC at the beginning as I was having some bleeding. It turns out I have a low lying placenta which could have been the cause I guess? I have another appointment on the 14th to see if it has moved up. I am reallly scared at the thought of a C-Section... I just do not want the epidural.. I think you get that with a section too?

We have the names Harmony and Gabriel chosen, what are your thoughts?

Kalonkiki- Are you team yellow??

Happy New Year MissN8!

Jessica28 those are lovely names!

Kksy9b - thank you, Happy New Year! We're hoping to have the house early to mid February as we haven't exchanged yet - January's going to drag lol!

I really hope we're cycle buddies - my calendar predicts ovulation mid-March, let's hope it's our month! Are you taking any prenatal vitamins or anything yet?

It looks like your New Year's goals are going well, congrats on your weight loss. My 2016 goals are:

Do 3 fitness sessions a week, 2 gym 1 yoga

Eat less processed food

Get more sleep (DH and I commute so leave early and get home late, the main reason we're moving to a new home)

I have a couple goals:

- lose about 25 lbs
- read and play more to ds
- payoff credit card debt
- eat out way less (like no more than once every two weeks!)
- menu plan

Jessica - We are team :pink:. It was a huge shock to me as I thought for sure that we were on team :blue: again but DH was positive that we were having a girl. :D
I would however like to go team :yellow: if we end up having a 3rd child, but that's still up in the air right now and DH is leaning towards this being our last baby.
I think that Harmony and Gabriel are great names. We chose Thea Denise for our princess. <3

I don't have any goals for the new year yet, I figured I'd wait and see what my life is like after DD is here before I really start thinking about my priorities for the year. It makes me feel a little sad that this could be my last baby but I feel incredibly blessed to have the (almost) 2 that I do have and I'm hoping that I can cope if DH truly decides that he doesn't want another. However if we do decide to go for that 3rd baby I would ideally like to start trying in September 2018. If at all possible I would like to begin working on my teaching degree this Fall.

Thanks for the support and well wishes ladies.

My new year goals:
-Exercise more. DH and I are going to try and dance together + floor exercises at least 3 days a week
-Eat healthier and cook more. Try to get in the habit of meal planning as we have always just bought what looks good that week but sometimes we are too tired to be creative on a work night.
-Go to sleep at a reasonable time so I have energy for 1 and 2.
-Move. We are hoping to buy our first place this year but if we can't find something we like in our price range hopefully a good long term rental place that fits our needs (2 bedroom and dog friendly) will be available.

One goal I have is to not over think things.Sometimes when I do overthink I give myself a headache. :wacko:

I also want to go back to school this fall to be an Educational Assistant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->