Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Oh no, poor Charles! I hope that he feels better soon. :hugs:

Hi ladies!

Nothing much planned for the weekend. Christian was sick earlier this week so nothing got done. So gonna give snuggles and clean the house.

Kaity- I hope Charles feels better. It's so rough when they don't.

So we have decided to start clomid tonight. We are going to give it two rounds in January and February and then take a break if neither are successful until May.

Good luck with your GD test Keely!! :thumbup:

Awww I hope Charles recovers quickly from the blackeye.

I'm surprised I don't have any black eyes from how clumsy I am. :haha: Although I do get bruises from walking into tables,the wall etc. lol

I've never told anyone here this but in March it'll be twelve years since I last cut myself.I did it because I was depressed and it was the only way I knew how to cope with what I was feeling inside.I'm not going to lie I've had urges in the past to cut again and I don't think the feeling will ever go away 100%.

That felt good to get off my chest.

Tara - That was very brave of you to share and congratulations on nearly 12 years of being self-harm free. I know all too well what it's like to deal with depression and you should be very proud of yourself. In April I celebrate 5 years of being antidepressant free.

Thanks Keely. :) I never took medication besides what I'm taking now and when I got my wisdom teeth out a few years ago.

Does anyone else watch football? My favourite team Seattle Seahawks won today against the Vikings!!!!! :happydance:

Jessica-that is crazy that there haven't been any boys in so many years!! I'm sure everyone will be excited regardless! Good luck at your appointment and hope your back is feeling better :flower:

ashley- :hugs::hugs: have you had any more luck in identifying what he is allergic too? i hope things ease up for you and your LO soon!

krissie- i've moved you up to the TTC section now that you're taking the clomid. So exciting!! Where are you at in your cycle? FX'd you catch first time on clomid again like you did with Christian!

tara- congratulations! it is incredibly brave of you to share your story. i wish you all the best in your continued journey of recovery. I've suffered through depression in the past as well. I remember all too well how crippling and isolating it can be. You should feel incredibly proud of yourself for working through and getting better :flower: I do watch football but we are Chiefs fans here :)

Keely- that is amazing that you are coming up on your 5 year anniversary of being med free! many congratulations to you as well!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. Charles has been fever free for almost 48 hours now, so that is a relief. His nose is getting stuffy again but overall is doing better. We had such a wonderful weekend- lots of time spent as a family. It was so cold out this weekend that we stayed in for the most part. We did run to the store so Ben could shop for some new pants. While he was trying clothes on, Charles and I went to the toy section and found a Buzz Lightyear....he LOVED this toy and just sat there for almost 20 minutes playing quietly with it. We are thinking if he stays interested in Toy Story we will do that as a theme for his bday party in April. I can't believe my baby is almost 2!!

Hey ladies.. I know it's been awhile, but I had to pop in to say hey. I updated my thread as well..

Tara, that's incredible. Celebrate everyday that you choose not to do self harm. I have a really good friend who is overcoming that and I'm so glad I can use you as an example for her that she can do it!

Keely that is awesome. I'm currently struggling with anxiety and have had a bunch of physical symptoms manifest because of it. I am really trying not to go on medication for it other than vitamins, it's just a slow process as mine is a result of PTSD from a second car accident.

In other news, my husband and I made the decision to get my mirena taken out. I'm scheduled Feb 5. We decided we are going to NTNP for a few months while I get my anxiety a bit more under control.

Good to hear from you gagrlinpitt! I'll go catch up on your journal next :thumbup: Congrats on getting the mirena out next month!! I hope you are able to continue to recover from the PTSD :hugs:

Thank you ladies, it's been wonderful knowing that I can manage it on my own. :)

Gagrlinpitt - I'm sorry that you've been suffering from anxiety! I've heard that Zen coloring books work wonders as a natural therapy for people with anxiety. :flower:
Congrats on getting your Mirena taken out and moving onto NTNP next month! :happydance:

krissie- i've moved you up to the TTC section now that you're taking the clomid. So exciting!! Where are you at in your cycle? FX'd you catch first time on clomid again like you did with Christian!

Thanks!! I am on CD 4 and on my 3rd day of Clomid. So really just the beginning of my cycle. Having a bizarre period to so of course I am worried about that. :dohh:

Thank you ladies.. While I'm very nervous about it.. I honestly think that it's time for my body to take a rest. This is my second mirena and total I've had it in for 8 years between the two.

Gagrlinpitt- Good luck moving forward on your ttc journey. When I was pregnant with DS I remember it was the best time for my anxiety. I didn't care about anything. But as soon as I had him it came back worse.

Tara- Congrats on almost 12 years self-harm free. What an accomplishment.

Keely- So glad you are able to manage on your own now.

I have dealt with depression most of my life and anxiety pretty bad. It has only been in the last few years I was able to actually identify the anxiety but now that I know it has been there a long time. I have considered medication, but I would like to pursue some counseling for it this year instead.

Thanks!! I am on CD 4 and on my 3rd day of Clomid. So really just the beginning of my cycle. Having a bizarre period to so of course I am worried about that. :dohh:

I had a really bizarre period the cycle I got pregnant with DD. It was very light and lasted 9 days if you count spotting. Good luck! FXed that you get pregnant right away on Clomid like you did with Christian. :dust: :happydance:

Gagrlinpitt- Good luck moving forward on your ttc journey. When I was pregnant with DS I remember it was the best time for my anxiety. I didn't care about anything. But as soon as I had him it came back worse.

Tara- Congrats on almost 12 years self-harm free. What an accomplishment.

Keely- So glad you are able to manage on your own now.

I have dealt with depression most of my life and anxiety pretty bad. It has only been in the last few years I was able to actually identify the anxiety but now that I know it has been there a long time. I have considered medication, but I would like to pursue some counseling for it this year instead.

The counseling for be has been really helpful, and the last three weeks were really good.. Then I had a slight set back this post Thursday. Mine has been all health related and really started Sept 2015 after a car accident (had a really bad one may 2004 that left me hospitalized). While this one was not nearly as bad physically, this one left me with some major anxiety and PTSD.. And it's been really rough.

I had a really bizarre period the cycle I got pregnant with DD. It was very light and lasted 9 days if you count spotting. Good luck! FXed that you get pregnant right away on Clomid like you did with Christian. :dust: :happydance:

Thanks!! Yea, this one has been so light. Even my heaviest day I would only classify as light- maybe medium flow. And I think it tapering off today. Which is odd for me, I usually have super heavy flow. But it must have been September they have been getting lighter and lighter.

The counseling for be has been really helpful, and the last three weeks were really good.. Then I had a slight set back this post Thursday. Mine has been all health related and really started Sept 2015 after a car accident (had a really bad one may 2004 that left me hospitalized). While this one was not nearly as bad physically, this one left me with some major anxiety and PTSD.. And it's been really rough.

Thanks, I had some couples counseling last spring and it helped a lot. We touched some on my anxiety and it really helped. I am hoping to get back in with the same counselor. I really found him to be helpful and we have an established relationship. He also did DH anger management and it has really helped.

Krissie-Isn't that what always happens? Hopefully it sorts itself out and you can ovulate and catch the egg this month! Its good that you're going to try for more counseling. I wish so badly I would have been able to go when I was going through my issues. I didn't have the opportunity when I was younger. And too proud as I got older. It took me 18 years to finally work through it all and move past it (or rather, learn to accept it and how it affected my identity).

Gagrilnpitt- :hugs: I'm glad you had a few good weeks. Setbacks are expected. As long as you keep pushing through them and Dont et it keep yubfrom continued healing, then you will get there in the end

I'm so excited as we start to see more people move over and get their BFPs! A big congrats to sarah and bakedbean who have both gotten their BFPs in the last few days!!

I'm so excited as we start to see more people move over and get their BFPs! A big congrats to sarah and bakedbean who have both gotten their BFPs in the last few days!!

:wohoo:

Kaity- No it is not typical at all. But I am also thinking maybe its because all my cycles have been annovulatory since September that is causing the weird light periods.

:shrug:

Krissie-Isn't that what always happens? Hopefully it sorts itself out and you can ovulate and catch the egg this month! Its good that you're going to try for more counseling. I wish so badly I would have been able to go when I was going through my issues. I didn't have the opportunity when I was younger. And too proud as I got older. It took me 18 years to finally work through it all and move past it (or rather, learn to accept it and how it affected my identity).

Gagrilnpitt- :hugs: I'm glad you had a few good weeks. Setbacks are expected. As long as you keep pushing through them and Dont et it keep yubfrom continued healing, then you will get there in the end

Congrats to the first :bfp:s of 2016! :happydance:
Holy crap, I just looked over the list on the first page and after PitaKat either Jessica or I will be the next to give birth in the group! That makes it feel unbelievably close. :wacko:

Krissie- oh, I just meant it in a "of course when you go to try your cycles go wonky" kind of a way :) and you're probably right on the anvolatory cycles- mine were always very light as well.

Keely- I know! You are getting SO close now, I can't believe it!

I have noticed sometimes often cycles go wonky when people start ttc. I always want to say that when I'm reading posts. Don't worry nothings wrong your just ttc so your body is being mean. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->