Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

My mother and I got into a huge fight. She doesn't think my oh and I should have another baby. We should be greatful for the baby we have and enjoy him more. She even said did you ever think you were meant to have just one baby? She basically called me a terrible mom for having another baby. She still doesn't see where these comments come off as rude and uncalled for.

We live with her. We are house hunting this weekend now.

Wow Ashley that's terrible. :hugs: I'm so sorry she is behaving that way.

oh my gosh! that is TERRIBLE. I'm so so sorry ashley :hugs::hugs:

That's terrible ashley. I can't understand how people can act like that. Especially to family.

Pretty sure it's your choice to have another baby, Ashley. What you mom said was completely uncalled for, particularly since you appear to be already pregnant.

kksy9b - My hubby surprised me last night by tossing out my last pack of birth control, which means we'll now be NTNPing (I'll be watching my cycle either way!) next month. I'm so excited!

Awesome news!!! So excited we can be cycle buddies next month!

It's really irritating. And she still doesn't see where her comments were rude. She is apparently "entitled" to her own opinion

People are entitled to their own opinion but she's crossed that line with what she said to you.

I don't want to be the person that holds their child from their grandparents, but I honestly can't forgive her for the things she said, and I've already kept my ds away. She usually babysits on Saturdays, I didn't ask her to tonight. I'm just so hurt

I would be hurt too Ashley. Is there a way you can have a break to calm down, and then talk to her and tell her how hurtful her comments were to you? X

This happened Wednesday night, and I've been trying to calm down and I just can't. I am so hurt, I honestly think this is the start of a major fall out.

I'm sorry to hear about the argument Ashley, I can see why what your mum said would hurt. Hopefully given time to cool off you can both start talking things through again.
Bad news for us this week too, mortgage has been declined on our house as that company don't deal with construction we're buying, the estate agents did the paperwork wrong :nope: unless they can get us another mortgage really quickly we won't be able to try next month :( it seems like one thing after another at this point :(

Oh no curiosity! I'm really sorry, hopefully things will work out quickly.

Afm, I have a doctor's appointment on March 1st so I'm waiting to try until I get those results. I think we will stick with our original plan of May and just keep going until we get pregnant. I talked some with dh last night and he is fine with that plan as well.

I am still temping and I must say my temps have been good to so far this cycle. Better than the jagged line I had last cycle.

Thanks krissie, I really hope things go as smoothly as possible for you. May will be here really soon!:hugs:

Yes, I counted out the weeks and it's just under 13. So really not to far at all.

Ashley- :hugs::hugs: did she say all that knowing you are pregnant? Or does she not know? I hope in time you are able to fix the relationship :flower:

Curiosity- oh no!! I hope they are able to sort it out quickly so you all can still try. When will you know if they were able to get another mortgage secured?

Krissie- sounds like you all have a good plan! March 1st will be here in no time and then you can get a solid plan on place. May is not far off at all!!

Ashley - I'm sorry hun, that's so terrible! My mom begged us not to have another baby because "It's so much easier with just one, it's so much harder with two" so I know how hurt you're feeling that your own mom would say something like that to you. :hugs:

Curiousity - I hope that they're able to sort it all out so that you can still try! :hugs:

Krissie - March 1st is so close, I would know I've been counting down the days (only 8 more now) as that's how long I'm trying to make it to and I've been anticipating being able to say "I'm due this month!" for so long. I hope that you're able to come up with a solid plan from there and that things run smoothly. :thumbup:

I can't believe that March is finally almost here. I know a lot of ladies are planning to start TTC in the group next month, good luck and lots of baby dust to you all! :dust:

I'm both super excited and a little sad that my pregnancy journey is almost over. This is very likely my last time so I'm going to try not to be too impatient and just enjoy what will be my last baby kicks/hiccups/ect before I finally meet my DD. <3
The nursery is almost finished and it's going to look amazing when it's finally done. If you're all okay with it I would love to take pictures and share them when it's done, I'll be sure to put in spoiler tags. :cloud9:

Yes, she knows I'm pregnant, she actually said this after I told her it was possible I was miscarrying

Oh my gosh Ashley....that is awful..I am so so sorry. I would definitely try and put some distance between you for a bit. I hope its not a major fallout and she can see how wrong it was and apologize :hugs:

Keely- its crazy how close you are! Like you said, its a balance if wanting her here and wanting to soak up these last few weeks of pregnancy. This is absolutely our last so I'm trying to not try and rush it to be here too quick...but its hard because its just an exciting time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->