• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Yes! It was 80 this afternoon so Christian and I played in thr sprinklers and I weeded my flower beds and got some flowers planted. I even tricked him into helping me move some red lava rock from a flower bed I'm trying to clear out. :haha:

I really love this time of year.

Allie - Short cycles are nice for the TTC part but otherwise not so much! Thankfully they aren't as painful as before. I use to cramp pretty bad and I always knew when it was coming. Now they just show up and I don't hurt at all.

I'm finishing up with my associates in nursing! All I'll have to do is take boards and I'll have my RN! :) Wish I was done with school but I want to at least get my BSN in the next couple of years.

The weather has been flopping around where I live. It does look like it's going to climb to upper 50s and 60s and stay there.

A cousin of mine has her BSN and last I heard she's a psychiatric nurse in a hospital.I think she worked or still works in a nursing home as a RN.

Krissie - Thanks! It's definitely been a long road.

Tara - That's awesome! The psychiatric field is really struggling here in the US. I don't know what specialty I want yet. I am really leaning towards pediatric or women's health/OB. For now I'm going to take what I can get. My hours are complicated and I refuse to put my son in daycare all day everyday.

Krissie: I love this time of year too! It's so gorgeously warm, and you get those lovely light breezes that keep things cool and bring you the scent of flowers. I enjoy summer but the heat can definitely become unbearable, and my city is coastal so it's not even as bad as some places inland.

What kind of flowers did you plant? I love flowers but I kill anything that needs care, so our yard pretty much only has sturdy plants :blush:

Ali: What an awesome profession to be in! I hope you are able to get work in areas that you enjoy. When do you take your boards? Good luck!!! :happydance:

I got my bloodwork done this morning (yay!) but my doctor still needs to get some of my records from my previous doctor as well as the bloodwork results. I have a needle phobia but I have to say that I was actually pretty excited sitting in the waiting room, waiting to get my blood drawn. It just means that we are actually moving ahead with this whole deal!

I'm so glad we waited. I don't know if I would be feeling this positive about TTC if this had been any earlier. My son has never been particularly high needs, but I just feel ready to deal with a newborn now, whereas I was so totally not even just a few months ago.

It gets hot and humid here in the summer and this week it's finally going to be warm!! :happydance: Even today was much warmer than yesterday!

I feel like I need to talk to someone about how I self harmed in the past but I don't know who. :shrug: I've been thinking of calling a hotline just to get it off my chest.Even posting on here or talking to friends helps too.

I forget if you mentioned it, but have you talked to a counselor Tara? I have found counseling to be so so helpful.

Alli- I have been planting a variety of leafy plants for the shade. I have some hostas, elephant ears and another one I can't remember. I also planted some sunflowers that I think will look like wild ones. I also planted a clematas, another mounding flower that I don't remember the name but I have three plants from last year so added two more in a different color. I also planted some poppy, zinnia and alyssm seeds. I still have some lily of the valley to plant. I'm sure there are others but that's what I remember. I also planted some bulbs. I find bulbs to be the easiest thing to grow. Just check their cold hardiness so you don't have to dig them up every fall.

I did see a counselor about eight years ago at the teen health centre and it did help. Last night I looked it up online to see if therapy is covered by ohip. It is covered only if you see a psychiatrist because they're considered medical doctors here. I'm going to look up the Canadian mental health website to see if there's any psychiatrist's there.

Allie - I'm going to be taking boards as soon as I can! Probably be in July. The only one that will know I'm taking them is my hubby. He will know even if I try to hide it! Then I have to wait 48 hours for the results. It's torture!

I miss planting stuff! I want a yard again! Hopefully I can get out of these apartments before too long.

Hello all, sorry I haven't popped by in a while!

Krissie great to see you're getting to enjoy the joys of spring :flower:

Tara, really hoping you're OK Hun :hugs:

Ali that's amazing! I'd love to train to be a nurse one day, it's my one regret that I didn't :(

Hope all you other lovely ladies are doing OK, getting closer to TTC time for some now :)

Still waiting for mortgage offer here, hopefully Friday, I am getting sick of being messed around and waiting!

KKsy9b- Sorry it took so long to reply... My first son we weren't trying, we were only 19 and ended up catching the right moment. My second one took about 2 years (were trying, temping, charting) found out I don't ovulate every month due to an ovary being removed with my first pregnancy. My third little guy came not too long after I finished breastfeeding my now three year old... so he was a surprise for sure! I am going to try in May and then again in July, so waiting for this month...

Jessica, congrats!

Today I called and left a message at the CMHA to see if there's anyone that I can talk to.A woman called me back about an hour ago so I'm going to call her back tomorrow.I'm not really sure what's going to happen. :shrug:

Tara - It takes strength to address such things! You're a strong person! I had to choose to help myself back when I was younger with major depression. It takes a lot to accept help. I still sometimes feel like I'm admitting defeat if I accept help, but it's quite the opposite.

Curiosity - I hope you can achieve your dreams when the time is right! Don't regret it! I only say this because when I look back and think about things I remind myself that my life may not be what it is today if my path was different. While things are not perfect in my life, I love it and I wouldn't change it.

Ali- that's great that your cycles are still the same! Mine have changed since DS. I used to be a completely normal 28 day and now they are all over the board! I'm hopeful they have finally settled down though now at a 26 day. Congrats on your upcoming graduation! And that's great you get 2 chances in May...hopefully you wont need the second one ;)

Tara- :hugs::hugs: it is SO hard to be around negative people but when its your family its even worse. I think a break from seeing him for awhile sounds like a good idea. were you able to call the woman back from CMHA? i know you mentioned before wanting to talk to your mom about your self harming. do you still feel like she would be a safe place to confide in? having someone who knows you so well may help you emotionally to heal. We are always here for you of course :hugs:

ashley- i'm sure if it is a boy that you will love him fully, even if it takes a bit to get used to the idea. 12 weeks is so early though....they all look like boys at that gestation!

allie- i love that you all ate out on the trampoline. and i definitely agree with you that it is way easier to stay patient when the weather is nice and you can get outside easily without cold or heat. that's great to hear that you feel ready now. it will be much less stressful for you i am sure!

krissie- i hope christian's eye is better! poor baby can't catch a break :(

trickyl- hopefully you catch quickly like you did with #1 and #3!!

AFM, I am doing really well! DS's party went off without a hitch (I still haven't had time to pull pictures off the camera...should have snagged some with my phone! i'll have them eventually for you all to see). This weekend, we are going to a big family dinner friday night and another family dinner saturday (same side...we just enjoy hanging out together lol) to celebrate my SIL's birthday. Ben is watching Charles on Saturday during the day so I can have some time to myself. Then Sunday, Ben is going with his brother to an indoor skydive place and then out to dinner. Ben's birthday is Monday so need to get his cookie pie baked....we are only halfway through our "birthday week" so still lots of celebrations to come! Next week Charles and I are heading back to my parents house for a few days, which is always a fun time.

I did call back yesterday at the cmha and the woman I talked to referred me to a family services place where I can talk to someone. Now I just have to call and see what they say.

I'm glad you have some options to.be able to go talk to someone. Its important to resolve your past issues emotionally to help you grow and bring stability to yourself. It took me 2 years to work through my past once I started to and its a long hard journey. But I can tell you once you get through it, it will be such a release for you. :hugs:

The ironic thing is is that the office is on the same street that my dad lives on but a block or two away. :haha: The last time I saw him was when I realized I need to talk to someone about everything.

Also I can't believe that Roxy is already nine months old!! :wacko: how in the world did she get to that age so fast???? It seems like she was just born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->