• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Happy mother's day ladies!

No immediate plans here either. I'm hoping mostly just to relax and have a nice dinner tonight with ds and dh.

happy mothers day everyone! For moms of babies, angel babies, to be babies, fur babies and much desired babies, I hope you have had a wonderful day :flower:

My mom and I saw Roxy twice this weekend!! :happydance: on Saturday we went to my brother and sil's house that they're renting and it really nice. Its all on one floor so no stairs inside to worry about. :thumbup: Yesterday we went to visit my grandma at the nursing home and she was in a really good mood!

I can't believe how fast Roxy moves around now! She crawls really good and she'll be walking in no time. She can walk but only if she's holding on to something. She even waves when you say bye bye it's too cute! :cloud9: oh and she likes to play peek a boo.

she is growing up quick and her first birthday will be here before you know it! i'm glad you were able to have some nice visits with her and with your grandma!

Hi ladies :wave:

krissie - I'm so glad to hear that Christian's surgery went well and that he passed his hearing test :happydance: He's going to be talking up a storm before you know it!

kk - Huge congrats on your BFP! I'm so excited for you!

Ashley - Congrats on your little :blue:!

Tara - I didn't do anything special for Mother's Day, really. The Friday before OH and I took the kids bowling which was a lot of fun. And earlier that day, my son's teacher had a Mother's Day celebration at the school. It was so sweet, it made me cry. :blush: Mother's Day itself was just another day though.

I'm glad you got to see your grandma and Roxy over the weekend :)

Keely - I'm so glad that everything is going so well for you. :)

AFM - Not much is new. My kids only have about a month left of school this year, which is crazy to me. Seems like just yesterday they were starting the school year. And now when they start the next school year, they will more than likely have a newborn baby brother. It's so crazy how much everything has changed in the last 12-18 months. :cloud9:

I am a little worried about Aiden, though. For quite a while I've suspected that he has some issues with his attention/focus. For the most part, it's been manageable but I've started noticing more problems recently. I think I'm going to have to get him evaluated for attention deficit disorder. I'm not really sure where to start with the whole process, though, and I'm really worried about all the stigma attached to it. I want to help him be as successful as possible, but I feel so lost right now. And unfortunately, my family is not very supportive for this particular situation.

Other than that, things are going pretty well. I hope everything is going well for you ladies, too! :flower:

Aidens- talk with his pediatrician. They can point you in the right direction. Here they refer to a developmental pediatrician for an evaluation. But sometimes the pediatrician does the eval and diagnosis.

Thanks, he's already said several new words. I'm so excited for this new phase.

Why isn't your family supportive aidens? Wouldn't they want Aiden to get help if he does have ADD?

Hello ladies. Been a while! I'm back over here in WTT now. My and OH decided to hold off with TTC for a bit due to saving for our wedding - he proposed on my 30th birthday last year :D - and saving money ready for him to move in. We're hoping to re start TTC in July of next year. Hope everyone is well :flower:

aidens- thanks hun! we are really excited too! I bet your kids cant wait for school to be out and be on summer break. I SO wish I had appreciated summers more when i was a kid lol. I think Krissie gave some great advice with talking with his pediatrician. And i'm sorry your family is being unsupportive. in the end, you are his mom and make the decisions. if you have concerns, go get him checked out. nothing says you have to tell them you're taking him for testing. i hope you're able to get some answers and find a solution that works best for him

mummy- welcome back! it's so good to hear from you! congratulations on your engagement! I'm sorry to hear that you're putting your TTC plans on hold for a bit but its for an awesome reason! the next year will come and go before you know it! have you set a wedding date yet?

AFM, i'm doing pretty well. finding myself constantly hungry, nauseous and tired. but its to be expected and is very mild at the moment so i can't really complain. We are going back to my hometown this weekend to announce to my parents and BIL and am so excited!

Aidens- talk with his pediatrician. They can point you in the right direction. Here they refer to a developmental pediatrician for an evaluation. But sometimes the pediatrician does the eval and diagnosis.

Thanks, he's already said several new words. I'm so excited for this new phase.

Thanks for the advice Krissie. You're definitely right that his pediatrician would be a good place to start. If anything else, he can point me in the right direction and get the ball rolling at least.

Why isn't your family supportive aidens? Wouldn't they want Aiden to get help if he does have ADD?

It's not my entire family that's unsupportive - just my mom for the most part. I truly have no idea why. She is typically really, really good with anything dealing with mental health. Back when I was starting to finally get help with my mental health issues (when I was 12 or so), my mom fought incredibly hard to make sure I was seeing good doctors and getting a diagnoses, etc, even though most doctor's didn't want to take her seriously about it. But even back then when there was indication that I had ADD, she refused to follow-up with it. It wasn't until I was 18 that I took myself to go get diagnosed. I think something about ADD/ADHD just scares her for some reason. I've brought up some of my son's attention issues with her before, but she just won't hear it. :shrug:

aidens- thanks hun! we are really excited too! I bet your kids cant wait for school to be out and be on summer break. I SO wish I had appreciated summers more when i was a kid lol. I think Krissie gave some great advice with talking with his pediatrician. And i'm sorry your family is being unsupportive. in the end, you are his mom and make the decisions. if you have concerns, go get him checked out. nothing says you have to tell them you're taking him for testing. i hope you're able to get some answers and find a solution that works best for him

mummy- welcome back! it's so good to hear from you! congratulations on your engagement! I'm sorry to hear that you're putting your TTC plans on hold for a bit but its for an awesome reason! the next year will come and go before you know it! have you set a wedding date yet?

AFM, i'm doing pretty well. finding myself constantly hungry, nauseous and tired. but its to be expected and is very mild at the moment so i can't really complain. We are going back to my hometown this weekend to announce to my parents and BIL and am so excited!

They are definitely looking forward to summer break and I am, too. :haha: Their great-grandma told me that she wants them a lot over the summer, which they'll love. I'll be happy when our daily routine can be relaxed for a few months.

Hopefully you have a great time visiting your hometown and announcing to your family! :thumbup:

Hello ladies. Been a while! I'm back over here in WTT now. My and OH decided to hold off with TTC for a bit due to saving for our wedding - he proposed on my 30th birthday last year :D - and saving money ready for him to move in. We're hoping to re start TTC in July of next year. Hope everyone is well :flower:

Congrats on your engagement! :flower:

Thanks ladies :)

kksy - Yes we've set a date :D 26th August 2017 I can't wait! Yeah it's a bit sad that we have to wait, but we need all the money we can get, I need to lose weight etc. We had a big, in-depth talk about it and decided it would be for the best for now

My weekend was good nothing exciting happened but on Friday Lindsay and Roxy were over for a bit!! <3 I can't believe she's already 10 months old!! :wacko:

I had my in laws over this weekend. I am so exhausted and wish I had a couple more days off work. :haha:

But...

I have 9.5 days left of work so I'm excited for summer break.

Mummy- I'm sure this next year will fly by! Have you started any of the planning?

Tara- glad you got to see Roxy this weekend. Her first birthday is coming up quick!

Krissie- yay for summer break!! Our schools are all getting out this week and all the teachers on my FB feed have been going crazy with excitement lol.

AFM, we really had a nice weekend visiting family. We announced to my side but my BIL forgot we were coming and went on a fishing trip instead. Wouldn't be a big deal if this was a one off but literally every time we come in, he forgets or makes other plans. Or doesn't tell us things until its too late to change (ie- last summer DS and I went in for a week to celebrate my niece and nephews bday. Only to find out once we were already in town they were on a trip with their grandma and wouldn't be back until the next week). Its super frustrating and hurts that we are never a priority for them when we go out of our way and inconviennce ourselves for them. So I think we are going to wait u til after our appointment to tell them now.

Kaity- I am sorry they treat you guys that way. It is very frustrating I am sure!! :hugs:

That is grea tyou were able to announce to your side of the family though. I am sure everyone is so excited!! I cannot believe you are already 6 weeks. <3

I am so excited for summer break. This has been a really hard year and it just doesn't want to let up. So I am excited for the recharge and hopefully a better year next year. Plus I am excited to spend the summer doing fun things with Christian. He is walking and so much more interactive now so I expect it will be great. I got out his swimming pool Friday he wasn't so impressed, so I let him sit in his lawn chair and splash his feet. He thought that was pretty funny.

Today I had my 2nd appointment with the counselor and she told me I'm suffering from delayed grief because of my guilt I feel about my past.Not to mention my best friend's death in 2009 which I haven't dealt with yet.

She told me she wants me to start writing in a journal which does sound like it will help me.Tomorrow I'm going to look for one so I can start it!

Also, yesterday I went door to door to raise money for Relay for Life and I got $62!!!! :happydance: Now I only need $48 more to reach the goal of $150!!! I'm going to go door to door again tomorrow and hopefully more people will donate!

krissie - I hope that your last few days of work fly by for you.

I'm getting really anxious for my kids' summer vacation. They have school until June 8 and then they are done until September. I don't know why, but this month has just been rough for all of us. I think it's because we're so close to the end, so I'm just getting really impatient to finally get to be laid back for a bit.

Kaity -I'm sorry that you're BIL did that. It can be really frustrating when your family doesn't make you the priority that you should be. :hugs: But I'm glad your weekend went well otherwise :)

Tara - That's really great about the money you raised for Relay for Life! :happydance:

Also, journaling can be a really great tool. I used to write all the time and it often helped me work through things that I couldn't really figure out otherwise, if that makes sense. Plus, just getting your thoughts and emotions out on paper can feel like a huge weight gets lifted off your shoulders. I hope it helps you, too. :)

AFM - My weekend was alright. There was a lot of stress towards the end because my ex didn't know when or how he was getting the kids home from his parents' (they all went to visit this past weekend). My ex's family lives up by mine, which is a 1 1/2 hour drive from where I live now and I was not at all prepared for making a trip up there. Fortunately, he did eventually figure it out and got them home at a reasonable time, but it was still a really frustrating situation.

This week shouldn't be too busy, though, and the kids are going to their great-grandma's for the weekend. So I'm hoping that by next week I'll feel nice and relaxed and ready to tackle the last couple weeks of the school year.

I raised another $10 today so I just need $38 more!! :happydance:

Today I started my journal so I'll see how it goes and I have another appointment with her next Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->