Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

I can't believe it, I got a call from the school district I was trying to get into for this coming year. I interviewed with them in April and heard nothing since, so I figured I would be stuck commuting the hour each way every day for another year. I was hoping to at least get moved out of sixth grade but haven't heard anything. Anyways, I got a call Thursday from HR in the other county and they offered me an early hire position in grades 1-3 and they said they would place me in a school near my house. I started crying on the phone I was so grateful. I really can't believe it, this year has been so tough for me and only got harder with the extended commute. So next year I will be working closer to home in a lower grade! Life is incredible how it works out sometimes.

I am under three months waiting now. Doesn't seem real yet, still waiting to hear about hubby's job and if the money will be there next year for me to stay home. I'm also wondering if I shouldn't work two years in this district...but if I'm honest I really don't want to wait any longer. I am so beyond ready, I'm 29 this year and I have been waiting 4 solid years.

In other news, have our Mexico trip completely planned and paid for, soooo excited! I need summer vacation right now, it is going to be excellent. I have lots of relaxing and enjoying myself planned.

Congrats on the job offer!! :thumbup: I don't blame you for wanting to wait longer to try after waiting four years.

Symphony that is fabulous news! How exciting it fell into place for you.

Have a fabulous time in Mexico!

Great news Symphony! :happydance: I hope you have a great, relaxing time in Mexico!

krissie - I'm glad you have an appointment set. Hopefully you'll get some answers quickly.

Tara - That must have been scary with the lockdown. I'm glad no one was hurt.

Trickyl - Congrats! :happydance:

AFM - We finally told OH's mom that I'm pregnant, so we announced on Facebook last night. Nothing like putting it off until almost the third trimester. :haha:

I also got my son to the doctor to get him evaluated for ADD. He hasn't received an official diagnosis, but it's listed in his medical charts as "probable ADD," just pending the evaluations from his teachers. Hopefully those will be done next week before school ends and then we will start discussing treatment options.

It's better late than never aidens. :haha:

Today I did Relay for Life and I had a good time but it wasn't as good as last year.Right now I don't know if I'll do it again next year mainly because you have to raise an amount of $150 and it feels like two years in a row is enough for me.

hi all! sorry i've been away for the last few weeks. it's been one thing after another here and i'm finally able to sit down and get caught up! i'll be going through our list after i finish this post to get it updated for new pregnancies and babies born!

trickyl- congratulations!!! do you know what your edd is? has it started to sink in yet or are you still in shock?

tara- well done on your fundraising! how much did you raise in total? understandable if you dont want to do it again next year. you've done amazing work the last 2 years and it's okay to not do it again. that's great that roxy is saying momma and dada. i can't believe she will be a year old next month! switching up your routine sounds like a good idea. do you mostly do classes or your own workouts? if you do your own, could you look into classes and see if that could offer you something different/challenging?

krissie- i said it earlier but again, i am so so sorry for your loss hun :hugs: i hope your doctor can get you in and find some answers for you soon. it's heartbreaking you are having to walk through this

aidens- how are you feeling hun? did your kids have a nice time with their dad? how did your OH's mom react?

symphony- congrats on the job offer!! your wait is nearly over :happydance::happydance:

AFM, it's been a roller coaster of a few weeks with guests staying with us, charles being sick and trying to get ready for vacation. i spent pretty much all of today at the stores trying (and mostly striking out) to find some clothes for our trip. i finally found a few things at Old Navy. we're doing family pictures on the beach and were told to wear blue and/or white. i found a long blue maxi dress that will work great! i think the only things left on my list (besides a few travel sized toiletries) are a side rail for charles' bed and possibly a new umbrella stroller (ours is pretty beat up). We are going to attempt to have him sleep on an air mattress instead of the pack and play (which he sleeps terribly in). this will be....interesting....to say the least. worse case scenerio is that i sleep on it with him for the week. but i think he will get used to it.

how is everyones weekend going?

Tara - Very true that its better late than never. Although, I may have preferred never :haha: OH's parents are now on Facebook "fighting" over who's grandson he is. :dohh:

And even if you decide not to participate in Relay for Life next year, you should be proud of all that you've done so far. :flower:

kk - I'm finally feeling like a human being. :haha: My nausea finally seems to be letting up and I'm not nearly as exhausted as I have been for the last 6 months. It's about time that I feel good. I'm starting to get really anxious to get everything bought and put together and organized. I feel like the last 12 or so weeks are just going to fly by.

The kids enjoyed there time with their dad, as they usually do. :) This upcoming week they'll get to spent a few days with their great-grandma, then a few with their dad and his parents, and then a few more with their great-grandma again. Plus, my mom might come stay for the first half of the week. They are so looking forward to it. I love that they get so much time with all their family. Plus, I'll be able to do some organizing while they're gone. :winkwink:

OH's mom took it really well. She said that it made her day to find out that she's going to be a grandma again (OH's older half-sister has kids). She had our announcement shared to her facebook by this morning, so she must be excited. lol.

I'm glad that you found a dress that will look good for family pictures. :) Going on vacation sounds so nice. I hope you have a great time! And I hope that Charles sleeps well on the air mattress. FX!

Hi ladies! Haven't been on much but I do try to check and read! Had my Mirena out at the beginning of the year and my cycles have lengthened back to where they were prior to ds. The fall used to feel so far away, but now I'm 4 months out from ttc!

Hope you're all doing well, love seeing some of you ladies getting bfps!

I raised $325 in total for the Canadian Cancer Society.At the gym I usually do my own workouts since I don't really like the classes.I might increase the weights I lift when I work on my arms.Today I had no motivation to go to the gym and I hardly ever skip the gym.

It's really annoying when people argue online like that's going to solve anything. :dohh:

Hey how is everyone? This thread has been dead for a while!

I'm doing good just sad about what happened in Orlando early Sunday morning.I never told anyone here but I'm bisexual so it breaks my heart that even in a safe place for the LGBTQ community we can't be ourselves. :nope:

I am still around. We are kinda ntnp at the moment. Christian is hitting terrible 2s hard the last month. So I'm just trying to enjoy summer and my time off with him to its fullest.

I'm still around. Just been crazy busy.

I don't remember if I said anything before, but a few months ago, OH's brother was pulled over and gave the police OH's name so that he (the brother) wouldn't get into trouble. It was a major pain and really pissed OH and I off so OH called the police, got everything fixed, and the brother ended up getting a warrant issued in that county. The brother got incredibly angry (for getting in trouble for something he did in the first place) and decided to cut ties with us. Well, we found out earlier this past week that he did something similar in another county last month. So now we've been talking to police to get it straightened out (yet again!), trying to prevent it from happening again, and also to press charges against the brother. It's been incredibly stressful and has been causing a whole lot of family drama.

In addition to that, last week I had to go into the doctor to get a cervical biopsy done because when I got a pap at the start of my pregnancy, it came back abnormal. The news doesn't seem great but we really won't know until the results from the biopsy come back in a couple weeks. So that's been really stressful too. :nope:

And on top of all of that, my kids spent the weekend with their dad, which was great, but when I got them home today I noticed that they both had a weird rash. I'm not sure what it is and their dad said nothing unusual happened, so I'm pretty clueless. Fortunately, Aiden has a doctor appointment tomorrow so I can ask his doctor about it then, but it's worrying nonetheless.

Other than all that, things have been good. We've got another busy week ahead of us.

I hope you all are doing well! :flower:

ARuppee- good to hear from you hun! that is awesome news about your cycles being back to normal. the last few months are going to fly by!

tara- congrats on raising so much money! that is great work and i know you worked hard going door to door. and what happened in orlando was just so tragic, my heart breaks for the families of the victims.

krissie- we are getting into that stage too. some days are SO hard and then he will do something sweet and you can remember that it wont be forever. hang in there momma :hugs: do you have any plans with him for the summer?

aidens- glad your nausea has finally subsided for you! you're nearly in the home stretch!! that is crazy about your OH's brother. i hope you all are able to get it straightened out. did the police not ask for an ID to confirm what he was saying? i'm sorry about the abnormal pap- praying that the biopsy doesn't show anything serious and you are able to get it resolved quickly and painlessly :hugs:

AFM, I've been finally feeling better the last couple days with nausea. we had a really nice weekend and it is SO nice to be home! Charles starts a kind of pre-preschool 3 hours a day/2 days a week starting this week. We got the last of the paperwork filled out so that's exciting. I am a NERVOUS WRECK because i've NEVER left him like this- somewhere he isn't familiar with with people he doesn't know. but i'll stay there the first 15-20 minutes while he gets used to it. his therapist said to give it 2 weeks at least and if he isn't adjusting then he isn't ready and to try again down the road. I'm hopeful it will help him catch up somewhat in his speech.

Kaity- only two weeks! It took Christian probably 2 months but that was going once a week. Now he really enjoys going.

Huge break through with him! He let another boy play with his car! (He's very possessive.) And they looked to be having cooperative play rather than parallel play. It was so great to see it. I'm hoping the other boy keeps coming to this event because it was great to see it.

Out only major plans are to do mommy and me swimming lessons. Outside of that we're enjoying lots of outside time and working on speech. He's up to about 15 words now.

Aidens- that's so frustrating what bil is doing. Hopefully it's sorted soon.

Sorry to hear about your abnormal pap. That would be so stressful. :hugs:

That's great he has 15 words already!! I am really looking forward to Charles talking eventually. How cool he was doing cooperative play! Its always so neat and makes you so proud to see them growing and developing.

I think he will do fine, I'm just nervous for that first day. It will only be for the summer so I'm hoping he adjusts quickly. We will dothr same thing next summer but probably send him for the whole day (until 3) to get used to it before starting actual preschool in the fall. If he catches up in speech, it will be the same place he goes to school so it wouldn't be a hard transition.

I think that's great Kaity. Where it is such a short program I can see why they said that. I found once I left or at least was out of sight Christian stopped and went about his business until he saw me again.

Christian is seeing his therapist every other week but I really believe it was not being able to hear that was the problem.

I'd be pretty nervous too about my child being somewhere without me especially the first time.

My mom and I saw Roxy yesterday for Father's Day and she's walking now!! It was just for a few seconds but I can't believe she's starting to walk! :happydance: Is it weird that I can't really remember when she was a newborn? I do remember visiting her and Lindsay right after she was born.

I'm thinking of doing a memory book for her first birthday where I put pictures that I took of her for each month of her life.What other gifts would be suitable for a one year old? I still can't believe Roxy will be a year old next month! She's already growing up fast. :wacko:

Hi all, I don't post here that often but I check in and read everyone's updates :) our date has now been pushed back until 2017, but the early part. Hopefully around February/March time.

I wish all of you the best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"