Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

All this talk of weather is making me sad. :haha: It's 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) where I'm at and the weather isn't supposed to get much warmer this whole week.

For the most part our weather is surprisingly good for November, but I'm also still not quite used to living further south yet. Sorry about the snow warning and bad weather to those that are having it!

Congrats bakedbean! January is a great month, it's the month I fell pregnant with DS. :winkwink:

It really is wonderful that everyone seems to be pushing up dates, it makes me hopeful that DF won't change his mind about July no matter what. I think that when DS starts running, speaking in phases, eating with utinsils, and starts potty training that's what's going to make DF broody. Right now DS still feels very young for him, but he won't for long. I'm planning to introduce the idea of potty training at 18 months, which will be March. So with four months of that going on surely he will be at least somewhat potty trained before we start trying.

I think once your DS is a little older, you're OH will probably feel much more secure in trying for another. :) I know that was a big deal for my ex when we were trying for our third - he wanted the first two to be a bit older and more independent before he was willing to try. We ended up with a 2 1/2 year age gap (started trying when DD1 was 1 1/2). And your DS being potty trained will be super helpful. I had all three kids in diapers for a little bit and it was not at all fun. :wacko:

Well we only got about 3 inches of snow but then that was topped with freezing rain. So since I work in the schools I get a snow day!! I must admit I can really use the extra snuggles with Christian.

Congrats! :happydance:

Yay! It is great so many oh are coming around to ttc sooner!

Huge congrats bakedbean, very exciting :happydance:

Congrats bakedbean! January is a great month, it's the month I fell pregnant with DS. :winkwink:

It really is wonderful that everyone seems to be pushing up dates, it makes me hopeful that DF won't change his mind about July no matter what. I think that when DS starts running, speaking in phases, eating with utinsils, and starts potty training that's what's going to make DF broody. Right now DS still feels very young for him, but he won't for long. I'm planning to introduce the idea of potty training at 18 months, which will be March. So with four months of that going on surely he will be at least somewhat potty trained before we start trying.

Yay!!! You have been moved! How exciting!!

Thank you everyone! I'm so happy everyone is getting good news in regards to their dates!

KalonKiki - Thank you, I hope i'll be as lucky as you with january too :)
I'm think you're right and your OH will become a lot more broody when you DS is that little bit older and they can interact with eachother more! Maybe he'll even suggest bringing it forward? :winkwink:

Well we only got about 3 inches of snow but then that was topped with freezing rain. So since I work in the schools I get a snow day!! I must admit I can really use the extra snuggles with Christian.
oo snow, thats sounds lovely. Great that you got a snow day!
I wouldnt mind the cold if we had snow to show for it, but as usual, we just have rain and wind in SW england!

It's in the negatives here. I am not happy. It snowed last week and it all stuck because it is so cold. It's supposed to snow again tonight and tomorrow. Being from California, I am so not prepared for this!!!!

Don't get me wrong, our date is already brought forward as much as I want it, I'm just terrified that he'll decide to push it back as it gets closer. :wacko:

Okay all....I am only slightly freaking out (and by that I mean a lot). Will keep this as brief as I can. I started ovulating at 8 weeks pp but my period just came back last month (what a wonderful 15 months that was without it lol). In any case, it came out of the blue so this month is the first month that I am able to track my cycle. I am due for AF tomorrow.

In my pre-pregnancy cycles, I had very clear ovulation signs with increased CM etc and would get another estrogen surge at 2-3 dpo. Then at 9dpo I would start getting migraines that would last through CD 1 and CM would turn to the sticky/tacky kind 3 days before. I was like clockwork.

On to this cycle. I wasn't really expecting to get migraines because I am still breastfeeding so my hormone levels remain higher than usual. Monday or Tuesday of this week I had a headache when I woke up and thought "ah, well... at least it isn't a migraine but I am due to start Saturday." Went away relatively quickly and hasn't come back. That was one of my first indicators with Charles... a lack of migraines. But since I haven't had them since my last full cycle last June, I'm not going to read too much into it.

Then yesterday....I got another surge of CM (12 dpo). Let me preference this with saying that the ONLY other time I can recall having increased CM beyond 3 dpo was in my BFP cycle (it was ridiculous- 6, 9 and 12 dpo had large amounts). I have been trying to think back over the last 2 weeks and I *think* I have been having increased amounts but honestly haven't paid it the slightest bit of attention. I checked my cervix (single data point as I don't have other days to compare it against this cycle so could be very unreliale) but it is high and soft! Should be low and firm for pending AF. Between yesterday and today it has softened even more.

Finally, I have gone through 2 bags of grapes in 2 weeks. I even thought to myself last week "wow.. grapes really sound good... haven't thought that since i was pregnant." I guess it would be helpful to mention that grapes were the ONLY craving I had my entire pregnancy and ate a bag a week from 6 weeks-38 or so.

Somebody please please please tell me I am reading too much into this. Or that still breastfeeding is causing all of this. Charles has been nighttime nursing more than usual the last 2 weeks so that is kind of what I'm holding onto as causing it. That or just not being back on track since this would only be my second cycle pp.

Please don't get me wrong- I would love to be pregnant. But I am NOT ready for a 15 month old and a newborn and am really scared that my supply will dry up and would have to wean Charles earlier than we would like. We are also getting ready to list our house in a month and a half and start the moving process.

Thankfully it won't be but a day or two at most before I know but I am really hoping that AF starts. If this was 6 months from now, I wouldn't be concerned. But with moving and Charles still an infant and nursing... sigh

Honestly there is no way to know for sure without taking a test, but it is likely that it's just breastfeeding and postpartum hormones that are the culprit, especially if you and your DH have been careful. Your cycles can completely change after you have a baby, I know mine have. I used to get sore boobs right before my period every time. The only think that tipped me off on my :bfp: cycle was that I had the sore boobs that normally told me that AF was on the way, but AF was MIA. Now I never get sore boobs, just spotting the night before. Try to relax, I know it's stressful but stress will definitely not help, especially if you really are pregnant. You'll find out soon enough and I'm sure that you will make it work no matter the outcome. :hugs:

Kk- I can't offer much reassurance. We are in a similar spot. I was thinking I already ovulated fort his cycle so we dtd on Tuesday and wouldn't you know it I got a back ache on Wednesday and had a blaring positive opk. I have 11 more days before I know since I have 12 day lp.

:hugs: Just remember what my hubby told me is that no matter how it turns out we will adapt and be blessed.

Thanks Keely- makes me feel better to have someone else say it is probably just from bf'ing :) We weren't exactly careful this cycle and had unprotected right at ovulation. We successfully used the pull out for over 10 years but i suppose it only takes once not working

krissie- i hope it is a quick 2ww for you! and you are so right... either way is a blessing

charles has something he would like to say on the matter:

bccbm./cçfg nn,.u,m 5 fdefwz5 fd˚hj bnbnbnnujhghfvgg cxmnuj nbv.¿

The schools here are rarely closed for a snow day. The schools buses are cancelled if the weather is bad enough but I can't remember the last time the schools closed.

We have electric heat in our house so my mom doesn't want to turn it on. She does have it on in the bathroom so the pipes don't freeze and right now I'm using a portable fan/heater to keep the living room warm. Our house is at least 70 or 80 years old so it's hard to keep it warm.

kk - It's probably your cycles getting themselves back on track and breastfeeding is probably messing them up a little. I wouldn't worry too much just yet :flower: But I'm sure no matter what, you'll be able to make it work. :)

Krissie - I hope your 2ww flies by for you (and you too kk!)

It's almost funny that you ladies are going through the 2ww, because I think I am too. :dohh: I have irregular cycles, so I'm not sure when I ovulated, but it's usually around this point in my cycle. I try to keep track of cm to narrow it down. But wouldn't you know it, OH hasn't been real careful about using condoms this time around. According to the app I use, I don't ovulate until the 20th, but for as long as I've been keeping track, I usually ovulate a week or so before it says I do, which is this week. I'm trying really hard not to think about it too much. I don't want to get my hopes up. And I don't want to be a crazy lady looking into symptoms a whole lot. :haha:

My cycles have been irregular as well since they returned after DS and I think that BFing is the culprit as they've only varied by a few days each cycles, so they aren't super irregular. I'm really trying to wean but DF hasn't been helpful or supportive at all. ):

No sign of AF, no normal pre AF symptoms, still having lots of CM with a high, soft, closed cervix. Picked a test up and will use in the AM if it doesn't show. Typically it comes the night before day due- morning after day due. We will see

What are some of your ladies favorite TV shows? I'm looking for a new one- just finished re-watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix (took a couple months!).

No sign of AF, no normal pre AF symptoms, still having lots of CM with a high, soft, closed cervix. Picked a test up and will use in the AM if it doesn't show. Typically it comes the night before day due- morning after day due. We will see

What are some of your ladies favorite TV shows? I'm looking for a new one- just finished re-watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix (took a couple months!).

Best of luck for tomorrow, i hope you get the result you're wanting :) :thumbup:

Personally, my current favourite tv shows are;
The walking dead
Orange is the new black
Downton abbey
Game of thrones

Not sure if you've watched any of those? But they are definitely worth watching if you haven't already! :)

Let us know what the result ends up being KK. We support you and I hope that whatever result you get you will be happy. :hugs:

We don't have internet right now so when we feel like watching something we just watch whatever we have on DVD, so lately we've been doing some movies, Family Guy, and Batman the Animated Series (childhood nostalgia right there).

Thanks ladies! I think no matter it will be a blessing. It is a little trippy though because my DH said he would be disappointed if I wasn't....give me a moment while I pick jaw up off the floor! This coming from someone who I (basically) had to force into trying last year and has maintained a "one and done" attitude since I got pregnant. As Charles has gotten older, they just adore each other and I think it has melted his heart into wanting more :)

Bakedbean- I loved the first season of the walking dead but lost interest in the second. But love all the other shows!

Keely- ah, batman animated...that does bring back memories :) We usually watch a family guy or futerama on netflix before bed (well...I havent really down that since C was born....by the time the opening credits are done I'm out! Lol)

Speaking of periods, I'm waiting for mine to start. This app I use to track it says it was supposed to start Wednesday. I know I'm not pregnant so maybe I ovulated late. According to the app I ovulated cd17 on Oct.29th two weeks before ovulation and now I'm on cd33. Last month and September my cycles were 30 days so my period started on the 13th of both months. I do have a feeling it's going to start soon because I don't have much cm (tmi) right now. So now I wait. :coffee:

Let us know the results of your test. Hope you get whatever answer you want :flower:

Lately I've been on a Bones kick. I absolutely love the show and there's a ton of episodes to watch. My OH, roommate, and I have been binge-watching it for a week now and just got through season four. :haha:

Speaking of periods, I'm waiting for mine to start. This app I use to track it says it was supposed to start Wednesday. I know I'm not pregnant so maybe I ovulated late. According to the app I ovulated cd17 on Oct.29th two weeks before ovulation and now I'm on cd33. Last month and September my cycles were 30 days so my period started on the 13th of both months. I do have a feeling it's going to start soon because I don't have much cm (tmi) right now. So now I wait. :coffee:

Hopefully it shows up soon for you. I always hate waiting for my period to show up.

tara- i hope it shows up for you! It's always the worst just waiting :flower:

aidens- I will! still not here and no signs of her coming. I think I am warming up to the idea. I've fond stories of women who were able to successfully BF through pregnancy. By far that is my biggest concern. Could easily just be nursing messing it all up- we will see!

I love bones! I binged watched it earlier this year lol. Need to catch up on this season so I might do that!

Some of my favorite shows recently are Doctor Who, Sons of Anarchy (stockpiling this season so I can binge watch when it's done!), Once upon A Time, Nashville and I am watching The Voice this season for the first time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->