Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Hey Ladies :flower:

Sorry, I've been MIA lately, Isla was sick all of last week so was at home with her quite a bit.

Weather here is miserable, cold, snow and rain mix. It took me an hour to get to work today because of traffic (first snow fall of the year=people forget how to drive).

KK, I had the same thing happen with my AF a few weeks ago. I was a week late before AF showed. My doctor thinks it was because Isla was nursing more because she was sick, it basically threw my cycle off. My DH was also excited and then disappointed so while we are still NTNP right now, we will probably be trying a little bit harder now before officially TTC.

Krissie, good luck to you too!

My favorite TV shows are: Girls, Modern Family, Parks and Rec, Brooklyn 99 and I also really like The Following and Stalker.

Welcome Cilla, :hi: 25 is a great age to be trying for a LO!

Welcome Skycastles :hi:

Good luck Aidens, I really hope that it's not endo.

I hope you don't mind me joining in here.

DH and I are tentatively planning for #2 early 2016 (somewhere around January - March).

I'm currently in school, so that would put me in my second to last semester with an estimated due date either right after graduation (August 2016) up to a few months after. We're contemplating doing that before I start applying for jobs as we'd otherwise have to wait for me to get established in a job (and who knows if I'll even be able to get a job right away anyway). Plus it'd give me the time I need postpartum instead of having a deadline in which I have to be back.

I am, however, super broody right now, which I hate because ttc right now really isn't an option as I'd probably have to drop out closer to edd and would have to wait a year before going back. And there's a chance I wouldn't be able to make it until the end depending on how easy/hard the pregnancy was. Though I have days that I feel like I'd be okay with that...

Thank you :flower:

Overall, I'm really worried about going under the anesthesia...I've never been put under anesthesia before, so I'm not sure what to expect or how my body will react to it.

Forgive me if this is too personal of a question, but were they able to tell you how bad your endo was and what your outlook for having children is based on the surgery?

That's what else I'm worried about is how the endo is going to affect me having children. I concieved my first two children easily (and accidentally :haha: ) but my third child I was TTC a year for. It's been over 3 years since I was last ttc, so I'm worried about what may have changed in that amount of time. I guess I won't really know until I get the surgery though.

I think I might wait until January to get the surgery, though. I have a lot of plans for November and December and don't want surgery to get in the way of those plans. I'd rather not be recovering when I've got so much going on.
I had never been under anesthesia until my laparoscopy either! As i was laying on the bed with them peering down at me asking how i was feeling etc, I was in hysterics - it made me very giggly! They were all very nice and reassuring, telling me what they were doing and asking how i was. Then i just fell asleep and next thing i know i was waking up. You will be VERY cold when waking up but it doesn't last long and they wrap you up. They will give you (well they should, but you might need to ask if it's different over there) some anti-nausea in your IV drip which you will have as you wake up aswell. Aside from feeling a bit groggy for about an hour afterwards, you will be absolutely fine, I promise :) :flower:

It's okay :) I have moderate endometriosis. It's in my pouch of douglas and right ovarian fossa. It being in my ovary isn't great, but they are not too worried at the minute as i am not riddled in it and my tubes are clear. I had a choice of being put through a fake menopause or to continue on Birth control to help control my symptoms but mainly to keep it from developing. I chose to just stay on BC for now as the side effects of the hormone shots are dangerous and scary :( They said they are not concerned that i won't be able to conceive currently but obviously not too leave it too long. To be honest though, theres a lot that can be done to help fertility (tubes flushed etc). It's natural to worry about the fertility aspect, I do too when i think about it, but try not to worry too much as if you do have difficulty then there's things they can do for you.
I'v posted a support and advice group link in your journal :) :flower:

Sorry for the essay! I just thought i'd try to mention everything i'd want to know :haha:

DH and I are tentatively planning for #2 early 2016 (somewhere around January - March).

I'm currently in school, so that would put me in my second to last semester with an estimated due date either right after graduation (August 2016) up to a few months after. We're contemplating doing that before I start applying for jobs as we'd otherwise have to wait for me to get established in a job (and who knows if I'll even be able to get a job right away anyway). Plus it'd give me the time I need postpartum instead of having a deadline in which I have to be back.

I am, however, super broody right now, which I hate because ttc right now really isn't an option as I'd probably have to drop out closer to edd and would have to wait a year before going back. And there's a chance I wouldn't be able to make it until the end depending on how easy/hard the pregnancy was. Though I have days that I feel like I'd be okay with that...

Welcome! :flower:
I plan on having my LO by graduation/last few months of uni aswell. Fiddly to work out due to all the transition we will have (job searching etc) but the best option i think, as a newborn with exams etc would be very hard!

Welcome to the group Spunky! :wave:

bakedbean - thank you so much for your advice and answering my questions. It does make me feel a lot better about it. It also helps to know that having endo doesn't automatically mean that my fertility is gone. :flower: I'm not actually doing any treatment for it at the moment. The original plan was that I'd get the surgery and then based on that, decide what kind of treatment route I would take. But since I had to cancel my original surgery date, we never got to that point of deciding on treatment. My doctor did bring up the shots that would put me through the menopause-like cycle, but I wasn't comfortable with that idea at all. Once again, thank you so much for all your helpful advice :)

Mrs. Eddie - Sorry to hear that Isla has been sick. Hopefully she's feeling better now :hugs:

Thanks Aidens, she had hand, foot and mouth and is much better now. I also got strep throat at the same time so we were a real house of sickness last week. Now DH thinks he might have strep, seems like the illnesses never end once they are in day care :wacko:

Welcome Spunky :hi:

tverb, that's exciting, have you tested yet?

Welcome to the group Spunky! :wave:

bakedbean - thank you so much for your advice and answering my questions. It does make me feel a lot better about it. It also helps to know that having endo doesn't automatically mean that my fertility is gone. :flower: I'm not actually doing any treatment for it at the moment. The original plan was that I'd get the surgery and then based on that, decide what kind of treatment route I would take. But since I had to cancel my original surgery date, we never got to that point of deciding on treatment. My doctor did bring up the shots that would put me through the menopause-like cycle, but I wasn't comfortable with that idea at all. Once again, thank you so much for all your helpful advice :)
You're welcome! I know how scary it can all sound, so i'm glad to have eased your mind a bit :flower:
Best of luck with your surgery, I hope it's good news for you :thumbup:

Still no period almost six days late...:coffee:
oo, have you tested? :D

Cool, please add me for Nov 2015 TTC#1, then? Thanks for the welcome!
I hope to push that date forward, but I'm guessing not by much. Hope you get your dates worked out as you'd like it to too :D

Added to our list (second post)! Only one more year to go :) Let me know if your dates change and I will update!

Hello and welcome! I have added you our list (second post). Let me know if it changes and I will update- I went ahead and set it to January :flower: What are you in school for?

aidens- I hope you are able to get your surgery scheduled soon and get the answers you are looking for!

mrs. eddie- I hope Isla is feeling better! It is crazy how messed up our bodies can get sometimes but at least it helps our SOs want to try more for another LO :D It's nice to hear that your doctor thinks it's from nursing more. Charles has definitely increased his nighttime nursing in the last couple weeks.

Tara- Do you think you could be pregnant? if so then :test:!!

AFM- sorry that i've been gone the last couple days. Not sure if we are hitting the 8 month regression early or what but Charles has had a couple VERY rough nights and just have not had a ton of energy to do much outside of caring for him. Still no AF- am 3 days late. Lots of CM, high,soft closed cervix, way more emotional (which is unusual but I am saying its from lack of sleep!). More sensitive nipples but maybe C is eating differently :shrug:. Had a clogged duct last week but fixed it and it seems like it should be back to normal by now if the sensitivity/pain were being caused by that. We will see. I still think it is just from BF'ing but wish I knew for sure. Going to wait for this weekend to test. Too sleep deprived for it right now lol

Hope all of you ladies are having a wonderful week!!

Wow KK, all of those symptoms sound exciting! It's crazy how much Bfing can mess with your cycles. I didn't even get AF until Isla was over a year old and I went back to work (so stopped nursing so much). If Charles has been up more at night it could be that the increased nursing has delayed AF a bit...

Wow KK, all of those symptoms sound exciting! It's crazy how much Bfing can mess with your cycles. I didn't even get AF until Isla was over a year old and I went back to work (so stopped nursing so much). If Charles has been up more at night it could be that the increased nursing has delayed AF a bit...

Thanks...we will see! My body started back with my regular O symptoms (Dont think was actually O'ing but it was trying) at 8 weeks. Like clockwork 2 weeks later I had a day of light spotting/light flow. Went like that for 3 months before my first full flow last month. I've always been like clockwork so who knows. I'm convinced that our bodies get a kick out of driving us crazy with all of this lol,

I agree with you fully KK. Do you feel pregnant at all? Even though my AF was late, I just knew that I wasn't pregnant; with Isla I was certain I was, this time I just knew I was going to get a BFN when I tested.

I was the same way with Charles. We got preggo with him on the 3rd cycle in July. At the beginning of cycle 2 I told my husband that I had a really good feeling about the next month. I just KNEW that we would get pregnant and we did! I am 90% sure that I'm not....but....you never know. I just want to get to this weekend to test again (or AF to show up) so I can be absolutely positive and not play the "what if" game anymore and let Charles go back to bouncing around on my belly :)

My af started this morning and there was no chance I could be pregnant. Mainly because I'm single right now and I'm guessing I probably ovulated later than I thought.

I'm glad then that it started up for you Tara :)

Me too. It's very cold here tonight -9 right now with a windchill of -19. :cold: This morning I noticed that my nose was a bit dry.

Well af showed up 4 days early. I am relieved but a little sad.

tverb - I'm glad AF finally showed up for you. It's also really cold here...17F...surprisingly, not the coldest it's been all week though. My nose is feeling really dry, too...I think I need to get a humidifier before I start getting bloody noses again. :(

Glad that AF showed up for you tverb. It is also freezing here; can't wait for a bit of warmer weather next week.

KK, looking forward to seeing what happens when you test, exciting stuff!

Krissie, sorry for AF; I completely understand the relieved but disappointed feeling. You'll get your BFP when the time is right :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->