Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Hmm...a roomba. I hate vacuuming and don't get a lot of time to do it. Charles is crawling now so I am having to be more diligent about it. That would just make life easier and solve a problem :)

Does buying a regular house in the country count? That's what I really want.

Otherwise I would love a holiday in Italy.

Guess I may join in here. I had dd2 in sept and we said no more. I'm still not sure on whether to go for no3 but if we did it would be when dd2 is about 2 so looking at mid 2016.

Best of luck and baby dust when your ttc journey arrives

Tick tock! Cannot believe its Christmas Day next week, this year really has flown.

It really has. Sometimes it's seemed like it's just dragged on and on, but overall this year has gone by so quick. 2014 was a good year for me; hoping for an even better year in 2015 :)

Ladies.. Random question for fun...
If you could ask for any Xmas present from the universe, what would it be?
1. Needs to be a material item within a plausible budget - holiday is ok, a palace is not.
2. Can't be a wish, e.g. Winning the lottery or passing an exam
3. Can't ask for a baby =P

I think I would like most to go to Japan for a holiday, or get myself those really pricey range of Miele pyrolytic oven for baking :)

I would love a trip somewhere - taking my kids to Disney World or going to Egypt to see the pyramids with my OH.

Other than a trip, I would love all new jewelry. I'm allergic to cheap jewelry, so I don't get new earrings or rings very often. So a nice set of gold earrings would be wonderful.

Even better than earrings would be a dishwasher. :haha:

Guess I may join in here. I had dd2 in sept and we said no more. I'm still not sure on whether to go for no3 but if we did it would be when dd2 is about 2 so looking at mid 2016.

Welcome :flower:

Aidens you are saint for managing without a dishwasher, I don't think I could do it :wacko: My MIL has never had one nor does she want one, (she likes doing dishes, odd I know).

My wish would be a trip too; I would love to go to Iceland; we were supposed to go there for our Honeymoon but we had to change our plans as it was in 2010 when there was the volcanic eruption/ash cloud and all travel there was cancelled.

Hmmm. I think my ultimate Christmas present would be my house completely painted and decorated like I want it. We moved in last year, and it still has plain white walls and looks more like an apartment. I would love to have everything painted, pictures on the walls, new furniture, etc.

I seriously can't believe Christmas is just about a week away. I'm nowhere near ready either! I took a half day Friday, so I can finish up some things while Abbi's at daycare.

Aidens you are saint for managing without a dishwasher, I don't think I could do it :wacko: My MIL has never had one nor does she want one, (she likes doing dishes, odd I know).

My wish would be a trip too; I would love to go to Iceland; we were supposed to go there for our Honeymoon but we had to change our plans as it was in 2010 when there was the volcanic eruption/ash cloud and all travel there was cancelled.

I hate it. Dishes are by far my least favorite chore, so it's a requirement that when OH and I get a new place, it has to have either a dishwasher already installed or the option for us to buy and install one. Never again will I go without one. :haha:

My DH never had a dishwasher until we moved to our condo years ago. He now will never live without one, it was one of the first appliances we bought for our house :haha:

I am definitely one of the odd people out on the dishwasher thing. I do not like them. I just find them gross. We have had a dishwasher in most of the places we have lived and I tend to only use them as a dish dryer. When we buy a house I will probably take it out and add extra storage.

I am definitely one of the odd people out on the dishwasher thing. I do not like them. I just find them gross. We have had a dishwasher in most of the places we have lived and I tend to only use them as a dish dryer. When we buy a house I will probably take it out and add extra storage.

Krissie, you and my MIL would get along fabulously :haha:

joining the dishwasher debate- It will always take pride of place in our kitchen! LOL i dont mind washing up little bits as i go along but my nails are bad enough without having them soak in soapy water every day :p

So if i could choose one christmas present it would be a proper hot tub! We've wanted one for years and hopefully we will be able to make it happen by the time the kids are teenagers. Our next door neighbour has one and I am always so jealous peeping out at him relaxing with a glass of wine! hehe!

Ive spent the day doing the pre christmas clear out, and no where near finished yet. Now i have cleaned out one of the Kids rooms, we might fit christmas presents in nicely! lol Tomorrow is DS's room and looking forwards to giving that one a REAL good clean out and hopefully plenty of bags for the charity shop!
I also need to sort out my craft cupboard, at the moment its all in big plastic tubs and a total mess, you cant find everything.

We don't have a dish washer at our house considering it's only my mom and I who live here. Plus, I don't mind washing dishes.

If I could have one material thing it would be....a kitten! I would love to have another cat but Mr kitty doesn't get along well with other animals. He doesn't like it at all when my brother and his girlfriend's dogs come over.

This Christmas would definitely be a vacation. Preferably to Europe or some sort of tropical island. :shipw:

Babydust, I love hot tubs too. My friend's parents used to have one and we would always make sure that a part of our New Year's Eve celebrations included sitting in the hot tub, drinking champagne and watching the snow fall.

Also, good for you for decluttering. I have to do that this weekend. I want to put away some of Isla's toys that she's no longer playing with and pack up some of her clothes too in order to prepare for the mountain of stuff she's going to get at Christmas :wacko:

Hello and welcome! I have added you to our list (the second post). Let me know when you know your dates and I will move you!

I always had to handwash dishes as a kid, and while I don't mind doing them (whenever I go home to visit my parents I always wind up washing out of habit), I have always said a dishwasher is a must have. Ours broke a little bit ago and my DH was like "we should just not replace it etc"....yea...we went out that afternoon and got a new one :)

De-cluttering sounds amazing...I am really looking forward to doing the same when we move next year!

Pretty excited for today and tomorrow to be done. My hubby gets the last couple weeks off each year. The clients in his industry are off most of December (ad agencies) so his whole company goes on hiatus for Christmas. The company party is Thursday and then Friday he will probably just go in for a half day to finish up his last emails and couple meetings. And then he is home for two weeks or so after that! Going to get to relax together, do some family activities, finish the last small projects for getting our house market ready (replace door handles etc). Will be really nice

Kksy9b that's lovely your oh gets so much time off. Christmas is the best time to spend together and how exciting to be getting the house ready to put on the market!

So today we went to pets at home to spoil our puppy with toys. It just couldn't wait for Christmas anymore ! His stuffies are not interesting anymore and I've had to chuck his chewies recently as he's teething and chewed them to smithers. Then yesterday he started chewing my new rug corner and mummy was so mad. And then this mornig he made mummy even madder by ripping up an important list into the tiniest pieces. He's one happy boy this evening though after a morning of being in the ��dog house ! Bless him

Mrs Eddie sounds like the perfect way to see the new year in! We'd be doing exactly the same and our friends would all want to join the fun! :happydance:

Attachments

• 14188365096621114345084.jpg
    14188365096621114345084.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back