Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Ooo it worked! I'm on my phone trying to attach a picture and wasn't sure if it had.
Thanks Mrs Eddie, his name is Ralph. He's 7 months old now and he's a cavalier king charles. Normally they have long coats but we keep it short as living in the country and being white has its downsides. He is also exclusively raw fed so a short coat keeps mess to a minimal and easy clean up! Feels like he's been in our family forever now, and he dotes on our children like they are his siblings. Aside from the chewing in the last week he is a very good boy :)

kk - That must be so nice to get that time with your DH. :)

Babydust - Your puppy is so cute! Almost makes me want one. Almost. :haha:

My poor son has been sick and home from school for three days now. He gave me a good scare yesterday - his fever hit 105.0 degrees Fahrenheit. :nope: Fortunately he seems to be feeling a lot better today and his fever finally broke. He's been in a surprisingly good mood all through being sick, though. My boy is a little trooper :)

Sorry to hear about your son Aiden's, it is so awful when they are sick. Glad that he is starting to feel better :hugs:

I just internally squeked when I saw your puppy babyduat lol. Rocking C to sleep right now so couldn't do it outloud :haha: our "puppy" (he was 15 1/2) passed a few weeks before Charles was born and I really miss having a canine friend in the house. Hope he stops chewing your house apart!

It is lovely having a dog, we're only just getting used to it to be honest. In October we booked 3 days away to alton towers and 2 days before realised we have a pooch and hadn't sorted anyone to have him! Yikes!
We actually got a dog because we said we were done having children. Oh how quickly things change but we wouldn't change him for the world. He gives the best snuggles and he's even worth my allergy struffles. I am actually surprised how little reaction I've had to be honest, must have built up a tolerance for him :)

He's been entertained all night with his new toys so hopefully we won't see any more damage to the rug and odd bits.

What has everyone got planned for the weekend?

Mrs Eddie sounds like the perfect way to see the new year in! We'd be doing exactly the same and our friends would all want to join the fun! :happydance:

Awww what a cute dog. <3

Is it bad for pregnant women to go in hot tubs? I could of sworn I heard that before.

Charles said his first word tonight! Momma...my heart is full :)

Tverb Yes I believe so because of the prolonged exposure to high temps. I think it's aimed at more heavily pregnant women though? That said I avoided them my whole pregnancy to be safe.

Awww bless little charles :)

Tverb, yes it is suggested that you avoid hot tubs while pregnant. Like Babydust said they don't want your temperature to raise too quickly. That's why they recommend you avoid electronic blankets, etc too.

Kksy, that's amazing that Charles said Mama, what a clever boy :cloud9:

This weekend we are actually relaxing before the madness of the holidays. I have a couple of errands to run and DH has to do some work from home at some point but other than that will be low key (which I am very much looking forward to).

That is lovely kk!!

I was told to even avoid a hot bath through my pregnancy. Luke warm was okay which kinda took away the point of a bath. I believe it was so the baby didn't get to hot and cause damage.

Afm, I have two days left of work before the holiday. I am sooo ready. I am going to working on organizing my kitchen and unpacking a couple boxes in the garage. I might even get ambitious and work on my craft stuff but that might be pushing it.

That's awesome Krissie, sounds like you have a lot planned.

4 days left here (and right now I'm procrastinated writing a few things that I need to finish up here :haha:)

I still took hot showers- my rule of thumb was if my skin turned red it was too hot. I typically take very hot so scaled it back and listened to my body. But that's just me. Its funny now because Charles likes taking warmer baths as well (but that could be a baby thing too :) )

sounds like you gals have some fun plans coming up! We have our first real snowfall of the season today and all the schools cancelled so our day opened up (we usually have swim lessons today at one of the schools aquatic centers). My DH's company party is tonight which is always a lot of fun. My hubby is going to stay the night at one of his coworkers house since I won't be able to be his DD. Should be a great time!

Aw krissi if you can get around to it, definitely craft stuff. It seemed daunting before I started sorting mine but I hadn't been through it in so long I forgot what we had.. and how much. I found a tonne of coloured fimo so We are going to be making more fino candy canes before Christmas. We made them last year but I think we could do with some more on our cupcake, gingerbread sweetie and anything bright tree.

Afm this weekend we have the joy of hosting for astons parents, sisters and nan who are coming to stay for an early Christmas and a meal. We're heading to Marco pierre whites restaurant in Stratford upon avon so hoping we are in for a delicious meal. It's always lovely when we have family stay especially as everyone lives back in Kent and we don't see them all the time but equally lovely to have our house back and room to move when they go home. They are very much the sort to sit back and enjoy the break away whilst I run around making sure everyone is fed and watered, and it's spot less. I was just discussing with DH how it would work with another baby to sleep but I guess you 'just do'.

Omg kk snow fall!!! I am sooo incredibly jealous. And have lots of fun!!!

I got a bowl of snow for Charles to check out...he eventually just dumped it all out, grabbed the bowl to munch on and took off lol

Tried to include some pictures from out the windows buy my phone is being silly and not letting me put more than one picture on at a time. Oh well :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 11
Oh he is so cute!!

I should get some snow for Christian. We are currently in a bit of a warm spell but come January it should be coming often!

So DH taught Christian to drink out of a cup.. His bath cup!! So now every time he sees it he gets so excited and tries to take it and put it to his mouth. I am thinking I am going to get him one that I put in clean water for him to drink in the bath. I tried giving him a sippy cup with handles but he just chewed on it and got mad.

Charles said his first word tonight! Momma...my heart is full :)

Awww. What a smart little guy. :) Charles is a cutie, too. :flower:

What has everyone got planned for the weekend?

My plans for this weekend include finishing my schoolwork for my last week of college and then relaxing at home until Sunday. We were going to go back up by our families on Saturday, but this month has already got us exhausted, so we're going to stay home an extra day just for a little time to relax. I can't believe I'm almost done with my college quarter already. These 6 weeks just flew by.

Krissie - that made me laugh that your DH taught Christian to drink out of his bath cup. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->