Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Sorry I'm a little late and haven't been on for a long time, but Happy New Year everyone! It's been a busy holiday season here and my DF has had the last couple of weeks off of work for Christmas vacation (he's a high school teacher) so I've been spending virtually all of my time with him. I hope that you're all doing well. It's so exciting that 2015 is finally here, I can't believe that so many of us are finally going to be TTC. It's so hard to believe that it's so close though, I've been worried that when June or July gets here that DF is going to say that we aren't ready to TTC yet and push our date back another year. I'm trying to remain optimistic about it.

Congrats to all of the ladies that are moving over to TTC this month and all of the ladies that have already found out that they are pregnant! :hugs: :dust:

What is everyone doing to make the next few/several months/years go by more quickly? I've been pretty focused on wedding plans, spending time with DF and DS while I still only have DS. I've also been playing some video games that I probably won't have time for once I have two children and I've been learning how to sew (my MIL got me a sewing machine and lots of sewing supplies for Christmas.

How was everyone's holiday season and what did you do? :)

My holiday season was pretty good. Found out I'm going to be an aunt in July. :happydance: We went to my mom's aunts for Christmas it was pretty fun. On the 12th of this month I start an English class the same one I took in September 2013. I'm taking it again because I didn't get a high enough mark for the program I want to do in college.

We are WTT, possibly for our second when our daughter is 2 or older (she will be 2 this October).

That's exciting news that you're going to be an aunt, Tara! :D
I'm glad that your holiday was good but I'm sorry that you have to take your English class over again. :hugs:

Adrie, our LOs are about the same age, DS will be 2 in late September. We're hoping to start trying this summer after our wedding but it could take as long as May of next year for us to start trying for baby #2.

Hi Ladies!

Happy New Year! We were travelling so much over the holiday season that today is the first chance I've had to log on. Looking forward to catching up with everyone over the next week as I read back through the threads :coffee:

That's exciting news that you're going to be an aunt, Tara! :D
I'm glad that your holiday was good but I'm sorry that you have to take your English class over again. :hugs:

Adrie, our LOs are about the same age, DS will be 2 in late September. We're hoping to start trying this summer after our wedding but it could take as long as May of next year for us to start trying for baby #2.

Yeah I need an 80 to get into the Early Childhood Education program for this fall. I can't believe I've been coming on here for almost two years already. That went by fast.

Hi all! After several (wonderful) days spent visiting family and a long trip back, we are home! I will be catching up our list for new members tomorrow, but tonight is off to bed here shortly. Hope everyone has had a nice weekend and is gearing up for a great week!

Hi there...mind if I join?

The earliest we can TTC is January 2016, though realistically it'll probably be between September 2016 and February 2017 when we start...

I will be graduating college in either January or June 2016 (depending on how many credits I get this summer and next January term).

I can't TTC earlier than January 2016 due to medical reasons. I'm currently working on losing weight to have a healthy pregnancy (I've lost 102 officially so far...weigh in is tomorrow morning though, so that might change!)

I have four beautiful bonus children and a wonderful husband. We keep the topic of more siblings open so that it doesn't surprise them. We've gotten a lot of questions (mainly from DSD12, who has SPD) that we answer directly to help keep dialogue open. We are fortunate that their BM works with us (we all co-parent beautifully and she's one of my closest friends now). She's very supportive of us having little ones because she knows that they will just expand our family. (She's already offered to babysit for us ;) ).

So...hopefully I'm welcomed here. I look forward to meeting you lovely ladies and interacting more! Hopefully Father Time is kind to us and doesn't make the year drag too slowly!

Hi there...mind if I join?

The earliest we can TTC is January 2016, though realistically it'll probably be between September 2016 and February 2017 when we start...

I will be graduating college in either January or June 2016 (depending on how many credits I get this summer and next January term).

I can't TTC earlier than January 2016 due to medical reasons. I'm currently working on losing weight to have a healthy pregnancy (I've lost 102 officially so far...weigh in is tomorrow morning though, so that might change!)

I have four beautiful bonus children and a wonderful husband. We keep the topic of more siblings open so that it doesn't surprise them. We've gotten a lot of questions (mainly from DSD12, who has SPD) that we answer directly to help keep dialogue open. We are fortunate that their BM works with us (we all co-parent beautifully and she's one of my closest friends now). She's very supportive of us having little ones because she knows that they will just expand our family. (She's already offered to babysit for us ;) ).

So...hopefully I'm welcomed here. I look forward to meeting you lovely ladies and interacting more! Hopefully Father Time is kind to us and doesn't make the year drag too slowly!

Wow 102 pounds, how long has that taken you to lose? I have about 88 pounds to lose but 5 pound less than that is the highest end of normal weight. How much more are you hoping to lose?

Wow 102 pounds, how long has that taken you to lose? I have about 88 pounds to lose but 5 pound less than that is the highest end of normal weight. How much more are you hoping to lose?

It took me about a year to lose (though I'm really mad at myself right now because I apparently gained 2 pounds this week -_-). I had 37 (39 now) to lose until I hit my goal weight.

It took me about a year to lose (though I'm really mad at myself right now because I apparently gained 2 pounds this week -_-). I had 37 (39 now) to lose until I hit my goal weight.

Are you following a particular diet or have you done it yourself? Im going to try do it myself, my husband also going to be losing weight too but he won't tell me his weight just said he wants to lose 10 stone (140 pounds).
How much was you losing a month at first? I was hoping to lose 10 pound a month so hopefully at my target weight at September when my youngest turns 1 so hopefully can start TTC for our third and final.

Jessicas, I lost my baby weight (about 43 lbs) using My Fitness Pal. It's free and helps you track the amount of calories you consume, your activities, etc. You can also put in goals, how much weight you want yo lose per week, etc and it calculates everything for you. Worked well for me :thumbup:

I really need to lose weight too! I am hoping to lose a minimum of 50 lbs before getting pregnant but I would really like to lose 75. My doctor has suggested a low carb diet for me. I have done it in the past and had success but then I fell pregnant with DS so I had to stop. I have used myfitness pal to track my carbs, fat and protein in the past. I found it really helpful since you can customize them to your needs.

Jessicas, I lost my baby weight (about 43 lbs) using My Fitness Pal. It's free and helps you track the amount of calories you consume, your activities, etc. You can also put in goals, how much weight you want yo lose per week, etc and it calculates everything for you. Worked well for me :thumbup:

I registered for my fitness pal but haven't really used it properly get.

I used myfitnesspal and lost 30 lbs last year. I'm pushing myself to lose the last 20-30 lbs this year! I absolutely love it, and now I've got DH doing it with me too. We're definitely eating healthier now.

I was really obese, and my doctors told me unless I did something, I'd die by 35. So I had Gastric Bypass surgery in June. I use my fitness pal to track everything though and it's a great tool :).

welldone hermoine, that is so inspiring and amazing! You have done so well and must be so proud of yourself

Thanks babydustcass!

That's why I have to wait though, my surgeon told me it had to be 18 months post-op before having babies because otherwise it's not safe :(. I'm hoping he gives me the go ahead sooner...Ive been telling myself it'd be best if youngest bonus son was 10 when new babies were born, but I think it's just to pacify myself :(.

I used myfitnesspal and lost 30 lbs last year. I'm pushing myself to lose the last 20-30 lbs this year! I absolutely love it, and now I've got DH doing it with me too. We're definitely eating healthier now.

myfitnesspal is the best! It makes it so easy to count your calories.

A few new people in this thread. Welcome. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->