Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Bakedbean, I totally agree with Keely and Krissie, especially since I think you mentioned that you just started charting. It takes quite a few cycles to really figure your body out and there can be fluctuations month to month. My best friend has very successfully used Natural Family Planning and successfully avoided pregnancy (and used it to conceive as well) but she's been tracking her schedules since she was 18 and knows her body like clockwork...

Well I am back again ladies, unfortunately my pregnancy ended prematurely and I experienced a miscarriage early this morning :cry:

DH and I would still like another, but we are taking some time off to heal, and the fear of a repeat miscarriage is still there. DH took it especially hard. Maybe in a month or so when it's not so tender a subject we can start planning again.

Sorry about your loss. My cousin had a miscarriage in 2003 and had two healthy children after so don't give up hope. :flower:

We use condoms, but I also can not get pregnant before I'm released by my surgeon. I also can't be on birth control because it causes migraines in me. So we don't like them, but it's a safety thing for me.

Good news for me though! Our official TTC month will be January 2016! I'm so excited that we nailed it down! We sat down and talked tonight, and given my family history (it took my mom 5 years to get pregnant with my older sister), we decided that we should start trying once my surgeon releases me. That way, if I have similar issues it won't be even longer. So I'm both excited and nervous about that!

Lockandkey, I'm so sorry for your loss! Heres hoping that you heal emotionally soon. My thoughts are with you both <3.

I can't take birth controll either because I have rare and atypical reactions to it. My DF doesn't seem to understand this though and has tried to force me back on it and each time I have to explain to him that I can't and why and it really upsets me that he keeps trying to get me back on it when it's so bad for my body and health. I can't take antidepressants either, or anything that alters my hormones. I've never understood it but my body just does not take kindly to it. We've found that Trojan condoms work best for us (I think DF buys the standard variety pack). Most other brands feel weird though, I understand why no one wants to use them.

Thanks ladies :) I have actually bought him several packs of condoms, he just chooses not to use them. He's either going to have to use them or accept that there might be a chance of us ttc earlier than planned and hopefully not put it all on me! I at least know he'd still be supportive either way now though which is nice.

Hermione -Its great you have a set date :) Thats the same date as our original date :flower: I worry about being abl e to conceive aswell so im hoping we dont have to push it back. Good luck with your surgery! Whats it for if you dont mind me asking?

KalonKiki - so sorry your df doesnt understand :( Its not nice what all these meds and hormones can do to us! I expect men wouldnt be able to cope if it was them that had to take it lol!

I can't take birth controll either because I have rare and atypical reactions to it. My DF doesn't seem to understand this though and has tried to force me back on it and each time I have to explain to him that I can't and why and it really upsets me that he keeps trying to get me back on it when it's so bad for my body and health. I can't take antidepressants either, or anything that alters my hormones. I've never understood it but my body just does not take kindly to it. We've found that Trojan condoms work best for us (I think DF buys the standard variety pack). Most other brands feel weird though, I understand why no one wants to use them.

I'm so sorry love :hugs: hopefully your OH will come around. I know with mine, sometimes I just have to explain stuff the perfect way and it takes a couple different ways to "get it"....so I'm hoping for you that he'll understand soon!

Hermione -Its great you have a set date :) Thats the same date as our original date :flower: I worry about being abl e to conceive aswell so im hoping we dont have to push it back. Good luck with your surgery! Whats it for if you dont mind me asking?

I had Gastric Bypass in June 2014. So you have to wait 18 months after that before you try for a baby because you're losing so much weight so rapidly. I prefer to wait and give my baby a healthy growing environment, it just stinks. My surgeon has known since pre-op how badly I want to TTC though, so I don't think he'll make me wait longer than necessary. :haha:

I just think it's hard for him to understand because he's never been in a relationship where his partner literally could not take birth control for health reasons, so I guess it's hard for him to believe since he's never heard of it happening before he met me. Apparently my cousin has the same issue so it could be a genetic thing from my father's side. She and I both also suffer from mental illness though so that could also have something to do with it (she has bipolar, I have severe clinical depression). Whether he understands or not I've made it clear that I'm never taking birth control again and hopefully since our last talk about it (which was at my annual gyno appointment last month) he has at least accepted that to be a fact so nothing he does or says will change my mind.

Bakedbean- I think men in general tend to get cold feet and want to push dates back. Mine wanted to wait another year. I basically said no (we had been waiting over 5 years and had met/exceeded all of our goals. He hates change and just wanted to push it off). Have you sat down and found out if there is something specific he wants to work towards? Or is it just nerves? And as the saying goes it takes 2 to make a baby! If he chooses not to wear condoms and you get pregnant then he shares in that and you should in no way feel guilty

We use condoms, but I also can not get pregnant before I'm released by my surgeon. I also can't be on birth control because it causes migraines in me. So we don't like them, but it's a safety thing for me.

Good news for me though! Our official TTC month will be January 2016! I'm so excited that we nailed it down! We sat down and talked tonight, and given my family history (it took my mom 5 years to get pregnant with my older sister), we decided that we should start trying once my surgeon releases me. That way, if I have similar issues it won't be even longer. So I'm both excited and nervous about that!

Awesome news!! I ha e updated the front page. Only one more year to go!

So tomorrow I start a grade 12 English class so I can get into the Early Childhood Education program this fall. I'm a bit nervous about taking it again because last time I didn't get a high enough mark for the program. I am excited about going back too.

Hermione - Congrats on setting an official TTC date!

bakedbean - Sorry to hear that your OH wants to push back TTC and that you're having issues re birth control. Personally, if I were in your situation, I would tell my OH that it's his responsibility too and that I can't be held completely responsible if there's an oops.

I actually went through something similar with my OH. In the entire time that I've been with my OH I haven't been on birth control. I hate the effects the hormones have and it's definitely a health concern for me (it effects my depression/anxiety and I have migraines). I made it very clear to him from the start that I wasn't on birth control and wasn't going to be going on any birth control. I tried to give good estimates on when would be safe to go without condoms (I kept track of cm), but I told him it wasn't foolproof and I could make mistakes. I gave him the information and it was up to him whether to use condoms or not. I was always very open and honest, but made it clear it was not solely my responsibility. So maybe having a conversation like that with your OH will help a little. Sorry that was so long-winded.

Keely - I'm sorry you've had issues re birth control with your OH, too. What is with these men? :dohh:

Tara - Good luck with starting your class! I'm sure you'll do great! :flower:

So tomorrow I start a grade 12 English class so I can get into the Early Childhood Education program this fall. I'm a bit nervous about taking it again because last time I didn't get a high enough mark for the program. I am excited about going back too.

good luck! You can do it. :happydance:. It will fly by and soon you will be in your program! I start my last semester of my bachelor's degree for elementary education this week. I can't believe it.

jren - Congrats on starting your last semester! :happydance: I just started my second quarter of college last week.

KalonKiki - I'm glad he has accepted it at least :) I'm sorry to hear you have depression, I hope you have all the support you need! I had severe depression 6 years ago now, so if you ever need a chat/some support from someone who knows a little bit about what you're going through, then i'll be more than happy to lend you an ear :flower:

kksy9b - I have had a chat with him several times and he's never mentioned anything specific, he only ever says that he's not ready just yet and that it will be hard for me to be pregnant in my final 6 months of uni, so i think you're right and it's just cold feet! I'm fine with being pregnant in my last 6 months so i think it's just a cold feet excuse - it's not like it's his body that's going to change :haha: I dont mind pushing it back just a couple of months but if he keeps saying this then i'll try to be strong like you and just say no :) Thank you, for those last words in particular :flower:

aidensxmomma - Thank you :) I did have a brief word with him when he tried to pin it all on me but i was just so shocked that it didn't come out very well and he started laughing! :dohh: He knows im not on birth control now, i tell him about my charts and i'v told him he always has the option of condoms, so he definitely is informed and has choices in this. I think i'll have another word with him at some point though just to make it very clear :thumbup:

tverb84 - good luck with your course! It sounds very exciting! I didn't have a high enough grade to get onto my course the first time round either. I'm now in my second semester of my 2nd year in my 4 year degree :haha: You'll be fine! :flower:

Oh I've had SCD since I was about 12 years old, it's a genetic thing and environment didn't help. I'm happier now than I've ever been though and I've been managing it med free (since I've discovered that the meds aren't good for my health and don't help anyway) for a few years now. Thank you for the concern though, I still have my bad days every now and again, but for the most part I'm able to handle it.

Good luck with your class Tara! You can do it, the second time around is always easier because of the things you learned the first time. :thumbup:

Tara- Good luck with your class!!

I am starting my last semester for my EdS this week. I am so glad to be almost done. I look forward to no more papers or evening classes.

Thanks everyone. It went pretty good the teacher is pretty cool. This morning my dad told me that I am too old to go into the Early Childhood Education program. I don't even know what to say to that so I'm not talking to him for a while. Frankly, I don't care what he has to say to me right now. :growlmad: I told my brothers girlfriend what happened and she told me my dad told her that her and my brother HAVE to get rid of their dogs since they're having a baby. A lot of people have children and pets so he has no right to say that.

Tara- don't listen to him. I firmly believe no one is to old to go to school. We need more early childhood teachers.

Thanks everyone. It went pretty good the teacher is pretty cool. This morning my dad told me that I am too old to go into the Early Childhood Education program. I don't even know what to say to that so I'm not talking to him for a while. Frankly, I don't care what he has to say to me right now. :growlmad: I told my brothers girlfriend what happened and she told me my dad told her that her and my brother HAVE to get rid of their dogs since they're having a baby. A lot of people have children and pets so he has no right to say that.

You are never too old to continue your education and to follow your dreams. We need more great teachers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->