Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Oh sweetie <3. Some people are always negative. But know the only time it's too late for education and learning is when you're dead!

Tara- I agree with everyone else- it is never too late to go back to school....good luck!!

bakedbean- for me, I got to a point where I was frustrated and could not handle pushing it back. We had already pushed back a year and he was proposing moving back another year. My goal has always been to be done having kids by 30 and moving it back would make that goal not possible. Also, we had a list of next things (selling the house and moving into the next one, travel plans, investment goals etc) that would also be moved back.I absolutely loved and cherish the time with just us and our dog, but I was ready to move forward. When I asked him why he wanted to wait he said he just wasn't ready but didn't give any other tangible (ie- goal to work towards) reason. It was far from my finest moment but felt like I had to put my foot down. If I could I would change the way I went about it, but never the end result :) I dont believe we are ever "ready," sometimes you just have to jump in! I am suer your DH will come around if you offer up a compromise...good luck and we are here for you!

ladies- I feel terrible that I haven't been as active here lately. We are working on the last of our projects for the house but have at least another week of work before it will be ready. I am really hoping once it's listed we can slow down a little bit in our day to day, at least until we have to move! It's my little guy's 9 month birthday today ... I sure do love this little boy! So many people say that it goes by o fast and to cherish each moment etc. And I really feel like I have done that. I really feel like I've taken advantage of this amazing time to make memories and bond and get to know him. I have given a thousand kisses and hugs and snuggles. Sang and rocked him, explored and discovered with him. It doesn't feel like it's gone fast to me. He has fit so perfectly into our lives and is the absolute greatest blessing to us.

Attachments

• c1. 9mo.jpg
    c1. 9mo.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 5
  • c2. 9mo.jpg
    c2. 9mo.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 5
  • c3. 9mo.jpg
    c3. 9mo.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 4
Tara, you are never too old to go back to school and follow your dreams. Good luck to you.

Kksy, Charles is way too cute. 9 months is a wonderful age, they are so inquisitive and sweet.

Tara- I agree with everyone else- it is never too late to go back to school....good luck!!

bakedbean- for me, I got to a point where I was frustrated and could not handle pushing it back. We had already pushed back a year and he was proposing moving back another year. My goal has always been to be done having kids by 30 and moving it back would make that goal not possible. Also, we had a list of next things (selling the house and moving into the next one, travel plans, investment goals etc) that would also be moved back.I absolutely loved and cherish the time with just us and our dog, but I was ready to move forward. When I asked him why he wanted to wait he said he just wasn't ready but didn't give any other tangible (ie- goal to work towards) reason. It was far from my finest moment but felt like I had to put my foot down. If I could I would change the way I went about it, but never the end result :) I dont believe we are ever "ready," sometimes you just have to jump in! I am suer your DH will come around if you offer up a compromise...good luck and we are here for you!

ladies- I feel terrible that I haven't been as active here lately. We are working on the last of our projects for the house but have at least another week of work before it will be ready. I am really hoping once it's listed we can slow down a little bit in our day to day, at least until we have to move! It's my little guy's 9 month birthday today ... I sure do love this little boy! So many people say that it goes by o fast and to cherish each moment etc. And I really feel like I have done that. I really feel like I've taken advantage of this amazing time to make memories and bond and get to know him. I have given a thousand kisses and hugs and snuggles. Sang and rocked him, explored and discovered with him. It doesn't feel like it's gone fast to me. He has fit so perfectly into our lives and is the absolute greatest blessing to us.

Awwww he's soooo cute. I really like the second picture.

Tara - you're never too old to go back to school. How awful of him to say that.

kk - He's so adorable! His batman outfit is so cute. :flower:

Kaity you never need to apologize for inactivity. Everyone goes through busy sprurts or needs a break because it helps with their broodiness every once in a while. We all understand, and most of us have probably done the same at least once. And Charles is such a cutie. 9 months seems to be that transition period where everything changes and your baby starts to become a toddler (or like a toddler in training). It's a special time, he'll be walking before you know it and when little boys start walking their clothes look 10x cuter. I miss the baby stage but there are some really special things about the toddler stage. They gain more independence but still need you, they call you some variation of "mom", they give hugs and kisses, and they really show you how much they love you and how important you are to them. I didn't know that it was possible but being Liam's mom feels more real now that he acknowledges that I am, he knows that I'm his mommy and I feel so special for it. I never believed people when they said that you don't know love until you have kids, and while I still disagree with how it's worded I do believe that being a parent is the deepest and most special connection you can ever have with another person.

I could not agree more that my connection with Christian is so much deeper and special than any other I have had. It is really so overwhelming some days. But it also helps me to appreciate the things my mom did and what I have seen other parents do. It really is a love like no other.

Beautifully said Keely! Being his Momma is the greatest job I've ever had. Even on days or moments when I'm frustrated, this little boy has brought such light into my life. I would not trade him for any other and it is so amazing watching him grow and learn and discover the world around him.

I could not agree more that my connection with Christian is so much deeper and special than any other I have had. It is really so overwhelming some days. But it also helps me to appreciate the things my mom did and what I have seen other parents do. It really is a love like no other.

Totally agree :cloud9:

I think that's written beautifully, Keely :flower:

Being a mommy is the best thing I've ever done with my life. I love my kids so much and watching them grow has been the greatest blessing I've ever had. It's truly amazing. :cloud9: And it definitely does make me appreciate everything my mom (and grandma) have gone though, too. I actually became a lot closer with my mom since I've become a mom, especially within the last couple years.

Tomorrow I might be getting a new phone. Right now I have an android. I really like android phones. Are iphones worth all the hype they get? With my plan I can upgrade to the Galaxy S4, the Galaxy note 4 or iphone 5c.

Tomorrow I might be getting a new phone. Right now I have an android. I really like android phones. Are iphones worth all the hype they get? With my plan I can upgrade to the Galaxy S4, the Galaxy note 4 or iphone 5c.

I definitely like the andriods better. One of my friends had an iphone and switched to an android and said she will never go back to an iphone again. I have a Galaxy S4 and I absolutely love it. :flower:

Im all for android! I changed from iPhone to android a couple of years ago and I will never go back.
Perhaps I might have considered iphone 6 if the prices weren't so ridiculous but if u compare the specs of iphone 6 with any latest android from Samsung or Sony, it's still lagging behind but so much more expensive.
I prefer Samsung to Sony tho. I know iphone users say their screen touch responsiveness is better than android; I agree it may be better than some Sony phones but Samsung is still the best responsiveness to me.

I'm a little attached to my Iphone. I could never switch to anything else. One of my friend's has the Galaxy and it is really nice though.

Hi everyone! Mind if I join in? I've been around on and off for a couple of years, and now we're really properly planning to start TTC from February 2016! Our story is long and complicated, it's all in my WTT journal which I just updated, but to summarise:
I'm a final year medical student, I have endometriosis which has put fertility firmly on my mind since I was 18. I live with my now-fiancé, we're getting married this July and we have just over a year to wait to try!

Anyone else waiting for Feb 2016? I could really use some support my friends my own age are mostly single and certainly not thinking about babies!

Hey! What are you doing to keep your mind off waiting?

Kksy9b - thank you :flower:
Beautiful pictures of your LO! Such a cutie :)

Tverb84 - i have an S4 and had the S2 beforehand. I love this phone and plan on keeping it even when my contract ends :thumbup: My mum and sister have the iphone which is a lot simpler, but I get bored of it quickly! Not that I dislike apple, as i have an ipod but phone wise i think android is definitely the best :thumbup:

GraceER - hello and welcome! :flower: Im also a medical student, 2nd year, and also have endometriosis. Im looking at ttc early 2016 aswell :haha: None of our friends are baby minded either - we're a pretty boring couple compared to them that like our quiet nights in lol :coffee: Best of luck with the wedding this year, it sounds very exciting! :happydance:

Hello and welcome, GraceER! :wave: :flower:

Tara I have an S3 and love it, so I imagine the S4 can only be better. I've never tried Apple for phones though, only iPods.

With my wedding coming up so soon I've been more concentrated on it than I have on trying for another baby, which is really nice. I thought for sure that I would only get more impatient as my date grew closer, but I imagine that won't be true until I'm actually married, then I'll probably be super impatient for that last month of WTT. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->