Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

I also have an eeg appointment for April 2nd at 8am or I have to be there for 8. I need to stay up for this too so nothing with caffeine in it. :coffee: This will be fun. :haha:

I also have an eeg appointment for April 2nd at 8am or I have to be there for 8. I need to stay up for this too so nothing with caffeine in it. :coffee: This will be fun. :haha:

At first I saw egg appointment. :haha:

At first I saw egg appointment. :haha:

haha..i did too!! Good luck Tara!

Krissie- 3 day work week sounds great! I hope you are able to make it happen!

How is everyone doing?
Haven't been on for a while, been super busy but time has been flying which is a great thing :)

Also, i was curious and looked ahead to august, when we'll start ttc and if my cycles don't change until then i'll be ovulating in late august. So i asked OH if he would be okay to start late july so one cycle earlier and he said yes :D
i know it's not a huge difference but i'm excited

How is everyone doing?
Haven't been on for a while, been super busy but time has been flying which is a great thing :)

Also, i was curious and looked ahead to august, when we'll start ttc and if my cycles don't change until then i'll be ovulating in late august. So i asked OH if he would be okay to start late july so one cycle earlier and he said yes :D

Awesome news cupcake!! I've moved you to July on the list! I got preggo with my DS in July so I'm a bit biased to think it's a great month ;)

Congrats on moving your date up, cupcake! I did the same thing, looked at my period calender now that I think my cycles are normal again and saw that I should be Oing June 24 if my cycles stay the same until then, so I talked to the hubby about moving the date up and to my surprise he agreed. It isn't much, but another month is another month. If we got pregnant on our first try I'd be due March 16th which I'm perfectly okay with since we would practically be guaranteed a March baby whether I go early again (38 weeks last time, still full term but 2 weeks before due date) or if I somehow go late. The early thing is the important one though since I did go early last time and there is always a good chance that I could again. I've noticed that most moms appear to have the similar gestation periods with most of their children. 3/5 of us with my mom were born at 40 weeks (my sister and I were actually both exactly 40+2, my youngest brother was induced at 40 weeks though). Even then my youngest sister was at 39+3 and my brother closest to me in age was born at supposedly 42 weeks but I think that he was closer to 41 weeks (mom never had a period between me and him so it was impossible to tell how far along exactly she really was).

How is everyone doing?

Congrats! I know your excitement. We moved our date 2 months earlier than originally planned. :thumbup:

Hi all, thread newbie here!

Hoping to TTC probably April 2016 as that's when my mirena expires and hopefully we will be settled in our new home and have saved enough for maternity leave by then! We also want to do one last long haul trip next spring, probably Thailand again :thumbup:

Yeah I'm going for an egg appointment. :haha: My right shoulder is still sore from last week so I've been putting Voldaren on a few times today. It feels like it's getting better.

Cupcake - Very exciting that you got your date moved a month! A month is still a month closer :)

Keely - That's really interesting about most moms having the same gestation period. I've never really thought much about it. My water broke when I was 39+4 with my son (although my labor stopped and I had to be induced), I was induced at 39+2 with my first daughter, and then induced again at 40+4 with my second daughter.

My doctors have told me that I will probably never go into/through labor on my own without being induced. They said that because I went into labor with my first and then it stopped, that my body just won't go into labor on it's own. :( The two inductions since then have kind of proven that. Although my second induction was because I had terrible hip pain that I couldn't function with. But my third was because I was overdue and no real signs of going into labor on my own.

jtr - Welcome :flower: A trip sounds really exciting! Looking forward to that will definitely help your wait go by quicker.

Tara - I'm glad your shoulder seems to be getting better. :)

AFM - I'm going to an open house for a rental on Friday. I can't wait :happydance: I also have to call tomorrow about another rental that I found to set up a viewing. It's all getting so real and I can't wait! I've been talking to my mom about it a lot too and she's being really supportive, which has been great. We've got it planned out that once I move, my kids will start coming down for the weekends, instead of me going up to my mom's to see them. :)

Also - let me just say the TWW sucks and seems to drag on forever. :haha:

Very exciting that some of your are moving your dates up a bit, it will get here before you know it :thumbup:

Welcome jtr! :wave: :flower:

Aidens: I went into labor on my own and my water broke on its own as well, but they induced me when I was at about a 5 or a 6 (more likely a 6). I was diagnosed with pre-e (the only symptom I had was high blood pressure, no swelling and no proteins in my urine) and I had already been laboring for 9 hours, with my high blood pressure they just wanted to speed up my labor as quickly as possible. I worry more than anything that I'll have pre-e again. If I don't then I imagine that I'll make it to at least 40 weeks. I'm also slightly worried about having another boy with Chordee, but hopefully I'll get my girl this time and won't have to worry about it at all.

Welcome jtr! :wave: :flower:

Aidens: I went into labor on my own and my water broke on its own as well, but they induced me when I was at about a 5 or a 6 (more likely a 6). I was diagnosed with pre-e (the only symptom I had was high blood pressure, no swelling and no proteins in my urine) and I had already been laboring for 9 hours, with my high blood pressure they just wanted to speed up my labor as quickly as possible. I worry more than anything that I'll have pre-e again. If I don't then I imagine that I'll make it to at least 40 weeks. I'm also slightly worried about having another boy with Chordee, but hopefully I'll get my girl this time and won't have to worry about it at all.

What's Chordee?

Sorry if that's a really stupid question. :blush:

It still is a bit sore and next Tuesday I have an appointment at my DR's office. When I made the appointment the receptionist said it's about my blood. I'm guessing it's blood that was taken from me when I was in the hospital last week.

Keely and Jen- I've updated the list!! Congrats on moving your dates up!

Welcome Jtr!! I have added you to or list (second post). Let me know if your dates change and I will move them!

aidens- good luck with the open house and viewing!! I hope one of them works out and your kiddos can start coming on the weekends!

Tara-good lck at the upcoming appointments. I hope you continue to feel better each day :hugs:

AFM, doing very well! We have quite unexpectedly found a house that we LOVE. My only reservation was the price. It was at the max of our budget and still needed a little bit of work. Woke up this morning to see the price had dropped 25,000!! We are walking through it again tomorrow and getting our pre-approval back. Will probably make a contingent offer (meaning we have XX amount of days to get our house under contract). Though we are tossing around the idea of paying our house off now, taking a larger mortgage on the new house and then just rolling all the proceeds into the new house when this one sells. We will see. We don't want to lose this home but won't put ourselves at financial risk for it. If it is meant to be the timing will all work out. I've attached a teaser of the backyard :)

In other news, Charles took a few half steps today!! Not enough to count as first steps, but is coming very very soon! Please tell my 9 month old he can slow down!

Attachments

• house1.jpg
    house1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 8
AFM, doing very well! We have quite unexpectedly found a house that we LOVE. My only reservation was the price. It was at the max of our budget and still needed a little bit of work. Woke up this morning to see the price had dropped 25,000!! We are walking through it again tomorrow and getting our pre-approval back. Will probably make a contingent offer (meaning we have XX amount of days to get our house under contract). Though we are tossing around the idea of paying our house off now, taking a larger mortgage on the new house and then just rolling all the proceeds into the new house when this one sells. We will see. We don't want to lose this home but won't put ourselves at financial risk for it. If it is meant to be the timing will all work out. I've attached a teaser of the backyard :)

In other news, Charles took a few half steps today!! Not enough to count as first steps, but is coming very very soon! Please tell my 9 month old he can slow down!

That's so exciting about the house! Hopefully it all works out for you! The backyard is beautiful. :flower:

Yay for Charles starting to take his first steps! :happydance: They really do grow up way too fast.

Wow Kksy, that house sounds perfect, how amazing that the price dropped as well.

That backyard is beautiful, makes me wish it was summer again...

I really hope you can get that house! The backyard is just beautiful!

That's a very nice backyard. My shoulder is still sore and my back hurts if or when I move a certain way. I've been putting Icy Hot and Voltaren on my shoulder every few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->