Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Hi Ladies,

I don't post here that often, but I always read and keep up with your stories :)

My date of 2016 is just a rough guess really, I've never been given the definite yes from the OH, his only reasons for us waiting are that we wanted to buy a house, go on a few more holidays and for him to be ready.

Well, we're making progress with the house thing. We have enough for a deposit, so we're just starting to look for one, although we emailed the landlord today to find out if they would be interested in selling the one we currently rent as that would be ideal. If not though, we'll start to look properly. We also have another holiday booked for September (just a sneaky little week away to Lanzarote), it was a bargain! Then we're going to Florida in April time next year. We've been together for 7 and a half years now, and in that time I think we've been on 10 or 11 holidays so that's not bad at all is it haha!

Hope you're all well and had good weekends.

Hi xleebeex, I had to Google the place, but lanzarote looks amazing. Hope you and your OH have a great time there!
Update for me is not good.. We were talking for the past couple of days and DH wants to push our TTC date to early next year and I admit he has a valid reason or two. Next year may not be the most ideal time for me due to some career considerations so I don't know if it will happen for us anytime soon. I'm quite numb about it by now because I don't want it to be the case where I'm just continually waiting for him to be ready. I am going to try to reduce my activity on this board because it won't help with my mood, but I will be following you lovely ladies' stories :) this is a great and supportive thread!
Kksy, could u please update me to maybe Mar 2016? Hope u and your little prince feels better soon.
Tara, girls' baby clothes are awesome - you're so lucky!
Aidensxmomma, great to hear this TWW is going well for you xx
Fxed all your housing plans goes smoothly from now onwards, everyone!

My mom, Lindzy and I are going to a store called Little Gem's Children's Consignment Boutique next month to look for a change table/dresser. I'm excited to go.

Also, last night and this morning I had strange dreams. I can't remember them all but this morning I dreamt that I was looking up at the sky and this woman who kidnapped by this UFO or something lmao. I don't even know that that means.

Sorry that you've had to push your TTC date back Skycastles. I'm sure that the time will go faster than you think and you'll be TTC before you know it. You must be getting excited for your trip, I'm so jealous. Venice is on our list of places to visit within the next 10 years! Everyone I know who has gone there loves it! :thumbup:

Tara enjoy baby shopping, it is so much fun!

Keely - Sorry to hear that your cycles haven't regulated like you had hoped. :hugs: I've been having a rough time with my cycles, too. Our first cycle TTC (which started in December) ended up being 63 days long. :growlmad: Hopefully they will become regular before you start TTC, though. :flow:

krissie - Sorry to hear that your offer got declined. It is very odd that it was declined even though you offered so much over the listing price. Good luck with your second look at the other house, though! :flower:

kk - Sorry to hear that you and Charles are sick. :nope: I'm glad you're getting lots of cuddle time in, though. :)

Mrs. Eddie - I hope everything goes well at Isla's appointment. I can understand how weaning would be bittersweet. It was for me, too, even though I had only breastfed a short time.

And you think your baby is getting old....mine is turning 7 years old in about two months! :cry: They really do grow up way too quickly. :hugs: (P.S. I hope you understand I'm just joking with you and not being mean about you being sad that Isla is getting so big...I know it's hard to convey a joking manner through just text :flower: )

Hi xLeeBeex! That sounds nice that you're going for a few more holidays. :) Must be exciting having enough saved for a house, too. That would be really nice if your landlords would consider selling the house you're in to you. Let us know how it goes after you talk to them :)

skycastles - Sorry to hear that you had to push your TTC date back some. :hugs: Time will fly by for you though!

AFM - My house hunting may have to be put on pause for a little bit. A friend of mine and my OH's went into a coma last week. :nope: Fortunately, he's awake and doing well now, but my OH and I have decided to take a trip out to see him. We've never met him before (we "met" through an online game) and his recent health issues have made us realize that if we keep putting it off, we may never get to meet him. So we've rearranged our priorities a little bit. We're going for a trip to South Carolina in about two weeks and then will focus on saving money for a new rental and moving. It sucks that this is going to set us back a little, but I think it's more important to go meet our friend than to move right away. We've figured out that no matter what, we will still move by June, so this trip shouldn't set us back too much. While I'm disappointed that we won't be moving right away, I'm super excited for this trip that we're going to take. I haven't taken a vacation since my teens and I've never gone this far out of state, so it'll be really fun to go visit all these different states on our drive. :thumbup:

No worries Aidens, I totally get what you mean :flower: Must be crazy that your baby is 7, time with kids really does go too quickly.

Happy that you're going to get to visit your friend, so happy to hear he's doing better :hugs:

Tara, it's tough not to buy baby clothes, especially girl's stuff, so cute!

I completely understand the kids growing to fast. Christian is almost 8 months and I cannot believe it!! We are transitioning him to sippy cups in the next month because he has been doing so well. I guess if you can bottle break them by 9 months its easier than waiting until they are a year. Thankfully he doesn't seem to mind.

In other news we put an offer on the house we viewed last night. It is in the right neighborhood and has a lot of space so we went for it. It needs some updating but its all cosmetic so we can do it a little at a time. I feel good about this one!

I texted Lindzy yesterday to see how her and the baby are but she never got back to me. Today I texted her saying I hope you and the baby are doing well but still no reply. I guess no news is good news?

Just saw my favourite commercial. It's the Kraft peanut butter one where the little girl grows up and meets her husband. They have a baby of their own at the end. It's such a cute commercial. <3

I completely understand the kids growing to fast. Christian is almost 8 months and I cannot believe it!! We are transitioning him to sippy cups in the next month because he has been doing so well. I guess if you can bottle break them by 9 months its easier than waiting until they are a year. Thankfully he doesn't seem to mind.

In other news we put an offer on the house we viewed last night. It is in the right neighborhood and has a lot of space so we went for it. It needs some updating but its all cosmetic so we can do it a little at a time. I feel good about this one!

Good luck Krissie, hope it works out for you guys!

Thanks! We did get the house! We are set to close April 2nd.

Yay, huge congrats! :happydance:

Congrats Krissie! :happydance:

Congrats Krissie! Buying a house is so exciting. It'll be years before we'll be ready to buy our first home. :D

Thanks ladies! We weren't planning to buy so soon but took the leap. We are both really happy in our jobs and my family lives here so it just felt like it was time. I am so nervous and overwhelmed right now. I have so much to do! I guess that's one way to get ttc off the brain for a while.

Thanks ladies! We weren't planning to buy so soon but took the leap. We are both really happy in our jobs and my family lives here so it just felt like it was time. I am so nervous and overwhelmed right now. I have so much to do! I guess that's one way to get ttc off the brain for a while.

Moving and renovating/decorating will definitely take your mind off TTC. And while I'm sure it's a lot of work in the beginning it will be worth it in the end to have a place that you guys love!

We didn't have to do too many renovations to our place (just painting mostly) and it still felt like it took forever. We did have to have some minor electrical work done too I think...

Congrats on the house Krissie. This morning I had a dream that Lindzy had the baby and named her Mariah. She even had blonde hair like Lindzy.

Thanks ladies!

So Christian is getting his third tooth. It is on top but not one of the front two. It is crazy how fast they grow and change. His new thing is doing this little weird giggle thing. It is cute-creepy.

It is crazy isn't it? I hope Christian is a good teether Krissie because Isla was not (still isn't) :haha:

We found out yesterday that Isla has to have tubes put in her ears :cry: I am very upset, though I know it is the right thing to do. She has another ear infection; the fifth one this winter :wacko: They tested her hearing and it's only at 50% right now and the doctor said that even if we continue to put her on antibiotics they will only help for a few days and then the infection will come back, (plus we obviously don't want her on antibiotics all the time). So it makes sense but the thought of her having to have any surgery (even very routine surgery) is totally freaking me out...

He is an okay teether. He gets very clingy and demanding so it makes it rough. And he now things its funny not to sleep or eat.

:hugs: So sorry to hear Isla needs tubes. I had five surgeries done for tubes from 3-7 due to ear infections. Unfortunately, I still get many ear infections. I do hope this helps her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->