Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

I know for a fact that Wal-Mart sells Rephresh but Acigel is only available in Australia so you have to order it online. The Rephresh is for every 3 days to "balance" your pH level. It will will keep your natural pH at 4.5, so a little higher than the 3.5 to 4.0 that x (girl) sperm thrive in but it will also lower any substance in or touching your vaginal cavity/cervix down to 4.5 if the substance's pH level is higher. That's where the Acigel comes in, if you use about 1/4 to 1/2 of an applicator full every time a few minutes before BD it will temporaily lower your pH to 3.5-4.0 for when the spermies first enter to kill off the boys faster before the Rephresh has a chance to raise your pH to 4.5 again. Y (boy) sperm thrive in a 5.5-6 pH level environment. As far as a cutoff goes you can always use OPKs and stop BDing as soon as you get a positive. It will cut it a little closer than I would like but you're also more likely to get pregnant faster. But I care more about getting duffed with a :pink: than I do about getting pregnant quickly so I'm willing to be as patient as it takes to get my little princess, even if it takes a couple months longer than I was hoping for. :haha:
Negative ion bracelets and necklaces can also help, as well as checking out a moon angle calculator to see if your fertile period/O date is in a boy or girl cycle that month.

I know for a fact that Wal-Mart sells Rephresh but Acigel is only available in Australia so you have to order it online. The Rephresh is for every 3 days to "balance" your pH level. It will will keep your natural pH at 4.5, so a little higher than the 3.5 to 4.0 that x (girl) sperm thrive in but it will also lower any substance in or touching your vaginal cavity/cervix down to 4.5 if the substance's pH level is higher. That's where the Acigel comes in, if you use about 1/4 to 1/2 of an applicator full every time a few minutes before BD it will temporaily lower your pH to 3.5-4.0 for when the spermies first enter to kill off the boys faster before the Rephresh has a chance to raise your pH to 4.5 again. Y (boy) sperm thrive in a 5.5-6 pH level environment. As far as a cutoff goes you can always use OPKs and stop BDing as soon as you get a positive. It will cut it a little closer than I would like but you're also more likely to get pregnant faster. But I care more about getting duffed with a :pink: than I do about getting pregnant quickly so I'm willing to be as patient as it takes to get my little princess, even if it takes a couple months longer than I was hoping for. :haha:
Negative ion bracelets and necklaces can also help, as well as checking out a moon angle calculator to see if your fertile period/O date is in a boy or girl cycle that month.

Thanks, I will definitely check those out. I know last time we bd two days before my positive opk and still got a boy. :haha: Oh well, hopefully everything else puts the favor in for a little girl.

You might try the O+12 method then if Shettles didn't work for you last time. I think that different sway methods work for different people. I'm positive that we conceived DS on O day, which is why I'm trying the 3 day cutoff method this time. O+12 is complicated though, you might be better off just BDing straight through your fertile period and praying that your pH level will be enough. There are plenty of people that BD straight through even without swaying and still get girls. I'm just not willing to take any chances when I know for a fact that BD close to O swayed boy for me. :haha:

You might try the O+12 method then if Shettles didn't work for you last time. I think that different sway methods work for different people. I'm positive that we conceived DS on O day, which is why I'm trying the 3 day cutoff method this time. O+12 is complicated though, you might be better off just BDing straight through your fertile period and praying that your pH level will be enough. There are plenty of people that BD straight through even without swaying and still get girls. I'm just not willing to take any chances when I know for a fact that BD close to O swayed boy for me. :haha:

I think we will probably just BD straight through. I do want a girl and do plan for this to be our last. However, if we had another little boy I would be happy with that seeing as Christian is such a great little guy. But I do want to at least try to make it a bit more favorable for a girl this round.

This afternoon I felt very bloated since I started my period today. Tomorrow night is going to be a very early night for me since I have to get up very early on Friday. On Friday we're going back to digital cable from satellite since it's cheaper. I'm excited because we finally get Detroit channels again. :happydance: I like to watch their news because we don't live very far from Detroit.

FX that you both get pink bumps next time Keely and Krissie. I keep thinking of this baby as a girl but not sure if that's just because I already have a girl so that's all I know :shrug: DH thinks it's a boy, he was right about Isla so maybe he'll be right this time too :thumbup:

Can I join the party very late? I had my baby girl sophie just 8 n half weeks ago, I didn't like being pregnant but really miss it. We are hoping to start ttc again for bubs number 2 in January when sophie turns 1

Can I join the party very late? I had my baby girl sophie just 8 n half weeks ago, I didn't like being pregnant but really miss it. We are hoping to start ttc again for bubs number 2 in January when sophie turns 1

Welcome :hi:

Thanks :-D I missed wtt when I went over to the dark side last time, it seems to have changed though, there's not as much general chit chat as there was when I was here last time which is a shame because it really helped pass the time

I totally understand Mrs. Eddie, since having a boy is all I know right now it's odd to think of myself having a girl, even though I really want one. I was wrong about DS's gender last time so I'm hopeful that this time I'll feel like it's another boy and be wrong again. :haha:
My DF was also right about the gender last time. Whether he's right or wrong you're sure to win either way. If it's a girl then Isla will have a built in best friend and you can reuse all of your leftover girly items but if it's a boy then you'll get to go shopping for adorable boy things (there are a surprising amount of boy clothes/items out there that just make you say "aww!") and mother-son bonds are so special. It's impossible to describe but I imagine that mother-son relationships differ slightly from mother daughter relationships. Both are so special, just in different ways. :cloud9:

Also hello and welcome to our newest member and congrats on your recent :pink: bundle! :wave: :flower:

I don't feel too nervous about my mri tomorrow. I'm getting up at 4:30 because I have to be at the hospital by 6:30 I think I'm going to cry. :haha: I can't believe how big the moon is tonight and it's really bright.

Oh the moon was beautiful this morning. It was so tranquil I really had to focus on driving.

Welcome to our new members.

Good luck tomorrow Tara.

I totally understand Mrs. Eddie, since having a boy is all I know right now it's odd to think of myself having a girl, even though I really want one. I was wrong about DS's gender last time so I'm hopeful that this time I'll feel like it's another boy and be wrong again. :haha:
My DF was also right about the gender last time. Whether he's right or wrong you're sure to win either way. If it's a girl then Isla will have a built in best friend and you can reuse all of your leftover girly items but if it's a boy then you'll get to go shopping for adorable boy things (there are a surprising amount of boy clothes/items out there that just make you say "aww!") and mother-son bonds are so special. It's impossible to describe but I imagine that mother-son relationships differ slightly from mother daughter relationships. Both are so special, just in different ways. :cloud9:

Also hello and welcome to our newest member and congrats on your recent :pink: bundle! :wave: :flower:

Thanks Keely, I feel exactly the same re the win/win situation. Just excited to find out already, it always makes the baby seem like more of a little person to me.

Thanks. :) It went better than I thought it would the mri wasn't so bad. I'm so GLAD I'm not getting up early tomorrow morning like I did today. I'll probably sleep good tonight.

Hey ladies- how was everyone's weekends?

Mine was productive we got the house all clean and ready to show prospective tenants and enjoyed out beautiful weather the last two days. It is suppose to remain nice all week so I am excited to go down to the park after work.

Our weekend was great! We also cleaned the house, went to Rolla to do some exploring since it's the closest shopping town to us and had a friend from Springfield come down for a visit. While he was here we played Arkham Horror and won (take that, Abhoth!). It's a cooperative board game where you have to work together to defeat the elder god (it's based on H.P. Lovecraft's writings). The elder god we had to face this game was Abhoth and we beat him.

DF has been giving me mixed signals lately. Every time we DTD he talks about how excited he is to TTC but at the same time still uses protection and does not even entertain the idea of trying right now (I want to wait until June anyway but still). He also admitted to feeling a little jealous when a couple of friends of ours announced that they were pregnant again (they were our neighbors in Springfield and were pregnant at the same as us last time, their son is only 5 days younger than Liam). Surprisingly I wasn't jealous at all, I'm so ready for another baby but my date is so close and time is passing so quickly that I just saw no reason to feel jealous. I am however starting to stress about the wedding and starting to worry that even though DF has been excited to start the babymaking lately that something will come up to push our date back further. Maybe if that had happened a few months ago I would be fine, but when it's so close to actually happening I don't think I could handle it if DF changed his mind for any reason at this point. I think I only have 3 more cycles to go (though DF said that he wasn't sure he could wait that much longer so I may have 2 cycles depending on where my cycles fall as they haven't regulated yet). I'm positive that I'm fertile right now so when I stop showing signs of that should be a good idea of when my next period should arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->