Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

It is crazy isn't it? I hope Christian is a good teether Krissie because Isla was not (still isn't) :haha:

We found out yesterday that Isla has to have tubes put in her ears :cry: I am very upset, though I know it is the right thing to do. She has another ear infection; the fifth one this winter :wacko: They tested her hearing and it's only at 50% right now and the doctor said that even if we continue to put her on antibiotics they will only help for a few days and then the infection will come back, (plus we obviously don't want her on antibiotics all the time). So it makes sense but the thought of her having to have any surgery (even very routine surgery) is totally freaking me out...

When I was five I had a tube put in my right ear but can't remember why. I don't think it's still in. I do remember when I took showers as a kid I had cotton in my ears so no water would go in.

Today I called the hospital to see if I have to stay up for my mri next Friday but I don't. :happydance: I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 am so I'll need to get up EARLY probably at 4:30-4:45. :wacko: My mom is going to be with me and drive me. I'm a bit nervous about it since I've never had one before.

Aww, poor Isla and Christian. I hope that the tubes help Isla and that Christian starts eating and sleeping again soon. :hugs:

It's been hard to keep my mind off of TTC, especially with my date coming up so soon. I can't believe that my baby will be a year and a half old in less than a month. It's also hard to believe that my date is coming up so soon, I still feel like I have another year to go.

Hello ladies! Today marks the one year mark until the initial date we've set for starting to idly TTC (I'M 30 TODAY! HOORAY!) and I'm SOOOO EXCITED! I had an appointment with my endocrinologist this week and he wants us to talk about setting a date in concrete that we will actively TTC rather than just NTNP. Holy cow it's all starting to come together - makes me very determined to get it right this year with my health, work, and finances. Squee!!!

Hello ladies! Today marks the one year mark until the initial date we've set for starting to idly TTC (I'M 30 TODAY! HOORAY!) and I'm SOOOO EXCITED! I had an appointment with my endocrinologist this week and he wants us to talk about setting a date in concrete that we will actively TTC rather than just NTNP. Holy cow it's all starting to come together - makes me very determined to get it right this year with my health, work, and finances. Squee!!!

Happy belated birthday! :cake:

Sounds very exciting that everything is coming together! :happydance:

Happy birthday! I'm so happy things are coming together for you.

Happy belated birthday! It is exciting that things are coming together and you officially have less than a year to go. :D

Happy Belated Birthday and yay for one year until TTC!

Keely, your date is really coming up quickly, it will be time to TTC before you know it. :thumbup:

Tara , good to hear that your experience with tubes wasn't too traumatic. I know that she will be fine, it's just hard to think about her having to have surgery :cry: Krissie, I really hope that this fixes everything for her too, sucks that you're still having problems with yours...

Krissie, I really hope that this fixes everything for her too, sucks that you're still having problems with yours...

Mine continue due to small drainage tubes at not enough of a slant . It will be a life long problem.

The good thing is that it's rare and most people outgrow ear infections.

Krissie, I really hope that this fixes everything for her too, sucks that you're still having problems with yours...

Mine continue due to small drainage tubes at not enough of a slant . It will be a life long problem.

Yes, most people I have spoke to who either have tubes or whose kids had to have tubes in said they fixed the ear infection issue. And we were hesitating about getting them because as you said most kids outgrow them, until they did the hearing test and the doctor told us that in her case she would keep getting infections. Though, she speaks well and hears us all the time so not sure about the 50% loss. He did also ask if she still wakes up in the night and he said that discomfort from her ears is likely the culprit, poor little thing....

Yes, most people I have spoke to who either have tubes or whose kids had to have tubes in said they fixed the ear infection issue. And we were hesitating about getting them because as you said most kids outgrow them, until they did the hearing test and the doctor told us that in her case she would keep getting infections. Though, she speaks well and hears us all the time so not sure about the 50% loss. He did also ask if she still wakes up in the night and he said that discomfort from her ears is likely the culprit, poor little thing....

I have hearing loss in one ear due to ear infections. I think with such a young child it is hard to know for sure.

In other news I cannot believe you are almost 16 weeks!!! Are you going to find out the gender? :baby:

^^Agreed re the hearing, oh well, better safe than sorry I suppose...

I know I can't believe it either, this pregnancy is going by really quickly :wacko: We are definitely finding out the gender, our 20 week scan is April 2, can't wait :happydance:

Yay only a month!! I love gender reveals. It was definitely my favorite part of my pregnancy. I really look forward to finding out next time.

The big gender reveal was the most exciting part of pregnancy for me too. I'm really hoping that I'll get to do it with pink icing filled cupcakes next time. :winkwink:
I'm excited to find out what you're having!
And also sorry about poor Isla's ears. I really hope that the tubes help her. :hugs:

And welcome to the 30 club. I turned 30 in December. Today my teacher told me that one of my assignments I handed in was somehow lost. :shrug: I know I handed it in and she told me she looked everywhere for it. The good news is that she told me it shouldn't change my mark too much.

I really need to look up some gender sway things. We are planning to ntnp starting in May and full on ttc in July-August.

The big gender reveal was the most exciting part of pregnancy for me too. I'm really hoping that I'll get to do it with pink icing filled cupcakes next time. :winkwink:
I'm excited to find out what you're having!
And also sorry about poor Isla's ears. I really hope that the tubes help her. :hugs:

Thanks Hun, I hope so too! Also hope your next gender reveal party is filled with pink :winkwink:

I really need to look up some gender sway things. We are planning to ntnp starting in May and full on ttc in July-August.

I'm planning to use Rephresh with Acigel (Acigel being applied once shortly before BDing and Rephresh once every 3 days around my fertile period). I might change my diet a little and take supps but they shouldn't do much since I'll be using the Rephresh and Acigel. I'm also planning to cut off BDing 3 days before O.

I'm planning to use Rephresh with Acigel (Acigel being applied once shortly before BDing and Rephresh once every 3 days around my fertile period). I might change my diet a little and take supps but they shouldn't do much since I'll be using the Rephresh and Acigel. I'm also planning to cut off BDing 3 days before O.

Thanks! Where did you get those? I tried doing a search online but found it very difficult.

I have no idea when I will O. As I am currently no Oing I will be back on Clomid. I am going to go with the same O day as DS so hopefully that will work and not be to far out.

Only three more days until my mri. I'm a bit nervous to have it done but I want to get it over with. I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 am, I'm not sure if that's when it is or I check in at that time. I think someone from the hospital will call me before Friday so I'll find out then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->