Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

I am glad you had a great weekend. That game does sound really fun. I love board games and have a closet full of unique ones.

It is exciting your time is getting so close! I cannot believe how fast it has been going. I am excited and nervous. But I think moving into the new house is going to really make me feel ready. We have two heavily pregnant ladies at work and I am a little jealous where they are. I just loved being pregnant and look forward to having a big ol' belly and the excitement right before baby comes. One of them was in the hospital this weekend with contractions so it will be interesting to see if baby comes. I kinda hope not since we are the only two in our position and I am not ready for her to be out. She is suppose to have another 3-5 weeks.

My weekend was good nothing too exciting happened. Yesterday Lindzy told me she's naming my niece Roxy it's a different name. It wouldn't be my first choice but I'm not telling her that all I said was that it's cute. Also, today I won another free coffee on roll up the rim at Tim Hortons. :happydance:

Roxy reminds me of the musical Chicago. It is definitely unique!

I'm kind of back after a bit of a haitus. We were going to push back TTC another year to try to get into a new house but after thinking about it I don't think it'll make much difference. And the more I thought the less I wanted to push it back. I was just in a bad place emotionally because of this dreadful winter and the neighbors. Things have calmed down again and with spring showing now I am feeling a lot more positive and just want to return to the original plan. So I'm back!

I have two weeks until my independent teaching for my internship, then five weeks of that and I'm done! Omg I can't believe I'm graduating! And that I'll actually be a teacher in august! What a quick two years it's been, can't believe it's over soon. But I'm excited to start the next chapter. And after a year of student teaching I have to say I love it more now than when I started so I am optimistic that I will love it when it's my own classroom.

Good readin everyone's updates! Everyone ready for spring yet? I know most of the US has been pummeled by storms the last month. Luckily almost all of our snow from past Thursday is gone. Except the mountains of plowed stuff. And the crocuses are already up In my neighbors yard! Can't wait!

Keely and Krissie I can't wait until you are both TTC, it's going to come up quickly for both of you I think. :happydance:

Tara, I love when I win on Roll Up the Rim too!!!

Symphony, nothing wrong with waiting to TTC until things are more settled. I was married for three years before we TTC and we travelled, finished schooling, worked on our careers, bought our house, hung out a lot with friends and just had a good time together. Even though we did want to get pregnant faster than we did, looking back now my DH and I don't regret having that time together. You will find that even a year will go by quickly I bet :thumbup:

For some ppl wtt is the right thing to do, for others ttc regardless is the right thing to do, if u feel ready go for it if u feel u should wait then do that, never regret ur choices in life, who could say whether ur other choices would come out better

Roxy reminds me of the musical Chicago. It is definitely unique!

I'm kind of back after a bit of a haitus. We were going to push back TTC another year to try to get into a new house but after thinking about it I don't think it'll make much difference. And the more I thought the less I wanted to push it back. I was just in a bad place emotionally because of this dreadful winter and the neighbors. Things have calmed down again and with spring showing now I am feeling a lot more positive and just want to return to the original plan. So I'm back!

I have two weeks until my independent teaching for my internship, then five weeks of that and I'm done! Omg I can't believe I'm graduating! And that I'll actually be a teacher in august! What a quick two years it's been, can't believe it's over soon. But I'm excited to start the next chapter. And after a year of student teaching I have to say I love it more now than when I started so I am optimistic that I will love it when it's my own classroom.

Good readin everyone's updates! Everyone ready for spring yet? I know most of the US has been pummeled by storms the last month. Luckily almost all of our snow from past Thursday is gone. Except the mountains of plowed stuff. And the crocuses are already up In my neighbors yard! Can't wait!

:hugs: I know how hard it can be to wait. I am glad you are doing better and hopeful to be on track to start next year. That is very exciting you are almost done with your masters! It will be lovely to get into your own classroom. I always loved setting my room up before kiddos arrived. I do kinda miss the first days of school with the kids.

I am so ready for spring!! This has been a very mild winter but I love the flowers and green that comes with it. We have spring break in a week and a half so I am looking forward to a week off before the final push of the school year. :thumbup:

Keely and Krissie I can't wait until you are both TTC, it's going to come up quickly for both of you I think. :happydance:

Tara, I love when I win on Roll Up the Rim too!!!

Symphony, nothing wrong with waiting to TTC until things are more settled. I was married for three years before we TTC and we travelled, finished schooling, worked on our careers, bought our house, hung out a lot with friends and just had a good time together. Even though we did want to get pregnant faster than we did, looking back now my DH and I don't regret having that time together. You will find that even a year will go by quickly I bet :thumbup:

Today I won another doughnut. :thumbup: I've won 4 or 5 times this year compared to last where I only won twice.

I can't believe my niece will be born in less than four months. :happydance:

This morning before I went into the gym I fell on the ice and hurt my right thigh. It still hurts now and will probably hurt more tomorrow. I'm guessing it'll most likely bruise too. I'm just glad I didn't fall on my face or my shoulder again.

Krissie, so ready for Spring here too, it's been a rough winter. This week we've had amazing weather, it's been wonderful!

Tara, sorry to here that you fell, hopefully you didn't injure yourself.

Thanks my leg isn't too sore just a bit. I have a question about infant car seats. Lindzy bought a car seat/stroller set online and the car seat expired in December. Does anyone know what would happen to a car seat after the expiry date? Would it really have an effect in the use of it?

They expire because the materials break down over time making them less safe. Plus safety standards change and improve. I would personally not use it in the car. Out and about in the stroller I'm sure is fine.

Totally agree with what Krissie said. Definitely would not use an expired car seat in a car.

Hello everyone I hope I can join in. Our son is 3.5 and we will hopefully be ttc in 2016 :)

I'm not sure what they'll use in the car. I'm done school until the 22nd for March break!!! :happydance: Tomorrow the results from my mri are supposed to be in. I don't know if my doctor is going to call or the hospital.

On Saturday my mom and I are meeting Curtis (my brother) and Lindzy to buy a dresser. I have no clue if my dad is going since he said he would pay for it with his Leons card. Him and Lindzy don't see eye to eye on some things, mainly their dogs. My brother and her have two dogs. She told my mom and I that my dad told her that they have to get rid of them because they won't get along with the baby. Who would actually say that to someone? Sadly, I'm not surprised he said that considering how negative my dad can be.

Welcome Sequeena :hi:

Tara, that is an odd thing for your Dad to say. Most dogs are fine with babies and young children, as long as owners take the time to make sure the dog is properly trained/introduced to the new member of the family.

We have a mastiff and a german shepherd. I admit I was a little worried about the mastiff as she's so big but both dogs have been wonderful.

My sister has three dogs and they have all adjusted fine. We have a cat. Everyone told me he would basically lay on my baby and smother him in his sleep. The cat has never got in the crib and pretty much leaves the baby alone when he is out in the living room.

People are so judgemental over animals with babies and the majority of time their fine with them, if not more protective!! I have 2 birds and ppl were asking if I was getting rid of them once the baby came along and was shocked when I firmly said no the birds are my pets and when I bought them it was to look after them for the entirety of their life. The birds don't care about the baby and the baby isn't bothered by the birds, my birds are timid and would rather fly away from a stranger or some danger than hurt u or attack u so I no they will never hurt her unless they feel in real danger and can't get away I.E. Her grabbing them and hurting them which she would have a job to catch them and in which case she would be to blame anyway and would soon learn not to do it again lol

Welcome Sequeena :hi:

Tara, that is an odd thing for your Dad to say. Most dogs are fine with babies and young children, as long as owners take the time to make sure the dog is properly trained/introduced to the new member of the family.

Yeah he's negative about stuff 85% of the time. We're all meeting at leon's tomorrow afternoon around 2.

Does anyone here know anything about netflix? My mom and I have it for free for a month through our cable provider. She signed up for it in her bedroom with her credit card and when I tried to use her card to sign up for it in the living room the tv screen said there was something wrong with the card. I'm guessing it said that because she already used it in her room. I'm going to call netflix tomorrow to sort it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->