Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Last night or this morning I had a dream that I was holding a baby girl. I'm not sure if she was my niece but she was smiling at me. <3

Hello Ladies, can I join as well? My OH and I are getting married next month and we'll be NTNP starting in June, although that's flexible (he sometimes says he'd like to wait a little longer, but then he's REALLY excited about trying for a baby :cloud9:)

I have a LO from my previous marriage, and was here on BnB quite a bit during my pregnancy, but it's a been awhile since I was an active community member. I missed it!

Welcome. :)

So Lindzy is in the hospital because she has gall stones right now. I don't think it has anything to do with her pregnancy. I just hope she'll be ok.

Hey ladies :wave:

Welcome to all the new ladies! :flower:

No new updates from me really. My OH and I are still looking for a new place to rent. I hate searching for a place. It's so stressful! We went and saw a few and we put in our application for one, so we're waiting to hear back. Plus we've got a couple more lined up to see. Let's hope that one of these places is "the one." :haha:

We haven't got much done for wedding planning either. :dohh: We were planning for the summer 2017 but my OH has been talking about pushing the date forward and getting married next year. I'm in two minds about it - on one hand, I would love to marry him as soon as possible, on the other hand I want a "real" wedding. My first marriage was a courthouse wedding and I kind of want the experience of a real wedding. Any thoughts?

ooh it's exciting :D I completely understand - we're trying to find a new home at the moment but it's been a long search... hopefully coming to an end soon. Hope you find your new home soon too!

On the wedding front - definitely make sure you have the wedding you want! What would change if you move it forward? would the budget be different or just have less time to organise? We had a budget wedding but still had everything we wanted. Best advice - if you want to move it forward start looking at venues asap to get an idea of availability, price and what you want. You don't have to tell anyone and if it's not feasible then you can always move the date back to 2017 no harm done :D Good luck xx

Today my mom and I went to visit Lindzy in the hospital and she said she was feeling better. She has to stay there until the stones pass and she said there's no threat to the baby so that's good. :thumbup:

This afternoon my mom and I went to look for a change table/dresser and a swing. We couldn't find much so I'm going to look online and look at other stores. Lindzy told us that the nursery theme is the Lion King so hopefully we can find furniture with Lion King characters.

Hey ladies! Sorry I haven't been very active lately, I've just been so busy and stressed, especially about wedding plans. My cycles STILL have not regulated and now I'm really worried that that they won't ever regulate, especially by the time that we go to TTC which is going to complicate my girl sway tremendously. I suppose I'll just have to stop BDing the day I get a positive OPK and hope for the best if it comes down to it, or risk having it take a very long time to get pregnant by taking a best 3 day cut-off guess which will probably not be accurate, which means that I could end up too far away from O to get pregnant at all or get too close to O and end up in boy territory (the former is more likely). Also if I can't get a job by the end of next month DF will likely push our date back and I'm really worried about that.

Anyway I hope that everyone is doing well! Welcome to any new ladies in the group! :wave: :flower:

aidensxmomma-I totally relate with the stress of finding a place! Not to mention the application fees that goes with it. It is a stressful and expensive process!

Welcome to all the new ladies :hi:

Aidens, I agree, have the wedding you want. It is your (and your OH's special day) and should be whatever you want it to be :flower:

Tara, sorry to hear your SIL was in the hospital, glad she's OK!

Nice to see you on here Keely. I'm sure your cycles will regulate soon; if not you can still definitely get pregnant, (mine were not settled at all when I got my BFP with this LO)

Hope everyone else is well! We have the in-laws visiting this weekend, then taking Isla to a Maple Syrup Festival with some friends on Saturday and Brunch on Sunday with another group of friends. Going to be a busy but fun weekend!

She's still in the hospital and tomorrow she might be able to eat regular food if everything good good. My mom went to visit her after work and heard the baby's heart beat she said it was strong.

Tomorrow I'm going to an open house at the college here. It should be fun!

So so close to getting upstairs renovated (minus thr bathroom which may take a while) once that is done we can do downstairs, once the whole house is done we can Start thinking about ttc again, I'm so determined to have it mostly done by the summer so we can do nicer jobs in the nice weather

I mentioned last time that we were trying to buy a house... think we might have found it :D very excited... just can't stop talking about it! Put the offer in yesterday and it's been accepted so here we go again - hope it works out this time :D

How exciting Emmy! We close on our house on Thursday. I am very excited!

We have to paint the entire house so we will be doing that for a few weekends before moving in on the 18th.

My mom and I went to see Lindzy yesterday. She looked a bit better than on Thursday and today my mom told me that she's on solid fluids now, She was just eating jello popicles etc.

In other news I have my doctor's appointment on Tuesday to talk about my MRI results and my EEG Thursday morning. I have to stay up all night for that so that'll be interesting to say the least. :haha:

ooh it's exciting :D I completely understand - we're trying to find a new home at the moment but it's been a long search... hopefully coming to an end soon. Hope you find your new home soon too!

On the wedding front - definitely make sure you have the wedding you want! What would change if you move it forward? would the budget be different or just have less time to organise? We had a budget wedding but still had everything we wanted. Best advice - if you want to move it forward start looking at venues asap to get an idea of availability, price and what you want. You don't have to tell anyone and if it's not feasible then you can always move the date back to 2017 no harm done :D Good luck xx

If we moved it forward, the budget would definitely change. It would be a lot lower than if we waited a year and we may end up just doing a courthouse wedding if we move the date forward. I think I might hold out and wait for us to save up the money to have our dream wedding. Thanks for the advice. :thumbup:

Hey ladies! Sorry I haven't been very active lately, I've just been so busy and stressed, especially about wedding plans. My cycles STILL have not regulated and now I'm really worried that that they won't ever regulate, especially by the time that we go to TTC which is going to complicate my girl sway tremendously. I suppose I'll just have to stop BDing the day I get a positive OPK and hope for the best if it comes down to it, or risk having it take a very long time to get pregnant by taking a best 3 day cut-off guess which will probably not be accurate, which means that I could end up too far away from O to get pregnant at all or get too close to O and end up in boy territory (the former is more likely). Also if I can't get a job by the end of next month DF will likely push our date back and I'm really worried about that.

Anyway I hope that everyone is doing well! Welcome to any new ladies in the group! :wave: :flower:

I hope your cycles regulate soon. :hugs:

I mentioned last time that we were trying to buy a house... think we might have found it :D very excited... just can't stop talking about it! Put the offer in yesterday and it's been accepted so here we go again - hope it works out this time :D

Congrats! My OH and I found a place we liked and I couldn't stop talking about it either. :haha:

My mom and I went to see Lindzy yesterday. She looked a bit better than on Thursday and today my mom told me that she's on solid fluids now, She was just eating jello popicles etc.

In other news I have my doctor's appointment on Tuesday to talk about my MRI results and my EEG Thursday morning. I have to stay up all night for that so that'll be interesting to say the least. :haha:

I'm glad your SIL is looking and feeling better. I hope she continues feeling better. :)

AFM - My OH and I got a place. :happydance: We got a nice three bedroom apartment and will be moving in May 1st. I'm so, so excited!

Ohhh congrats aidens! That is awesome you guys finally found a place.

Krissie - that's fantastic that it's soo close. Have fun painting! Ours is going to need redecorating but i'm not sure when we're going to do it yet. I think it might be that we move our stuff in and then do the main rooms asap. Master bedroom is top of the list - wallpaper is horrid and hanging off so we'll be sorting that first!

Aidensxmomma - awesome that you've got a place too! it's like everything is working out! On the wedding- i completely understand - it's so important to have the venue you both want :) I think it sounds wise to wait (if you can manage) and give yourself plenty of time to organise. If you move it forwards there's the chance you could feel rushed into booking and buying and that can make it stressful... Got me thinking about ours now: we took 2 years to plan and we had a budget of £3000 (which i've know people to spend on the dress alone!) We had a church wedding and went to a beautiful country pub afterwards. We DIY-ed invitations, favours, table decorations and lots of other things but it made it more special for us and saved us tonnes of money.

Ooh and HOUSE :D Calling the mortgage man and solicitors today to let them know we've started again and so we can get the paper work done asap. WOOP

Congrats Emmy on the new house.

Good luck painting Krissie, we re-painted our whole downstairs before we moved in as well, which was a big job. The rest of the house we have done gradually over the years.

So glad you and your OH have found a place too Aidens, really exciting!

I am so not excited to paint. I really hate painting!! But they painted it in a very similar color to the flesh coloring crayon and its high gloss. I really cannot live in that! So my goal is to paint the three bedrooms, hall and main living area upstairs. I figure the basement can be painted after we move.

I am hoping some friends of ours will come help paint this weekend and maybe we can get a big chunk of it finished. :D

I am so not excited to paint. I really hate painting!! But they painted it in a very similar color to the flesh coloring crayon and its high gloss. I really cannot live in that! So my goal is to paint the three bedrooms, hall and main living area upstairs. I figure the basement can be painted after we move.

I am hoping some friends of ours will come help paint this weekend and maybe we can get a big chunk of it finished. :D

Yeah, painting is definitely not one of my favourite projects. Getting friends and family to help is key; we did that when we first moved in and it worked out well.

For us the colors weren't that bad, it was more of the crappy paint job that they did that bothered us (spots all over the ceiling, crooked lines, etc).

I wouldn't let my one friend help though as she is a messy painter :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->