Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

I did it. I got my first teaching job. It's at my school I interned at, and I am so relieved. It is in sixth grade, which would not have been my first choice, but I am glad to have a foot in the door and I can always switch grades next year. I really wanted third and was disappointed when she said that wasn't an option. But I really don't want to chance declining it and hoping I get placed in another school...I could not find a job, I could find another upper elementary position, I could have to commute really far. This way, I already know the school, most of the kids, the commute. Also, I did my second placement in a sixth grade classroom this spring so I have a half a years worth of curriculum already planned which is a huge relief as I won't be starting from scratch. I also know the fifth graders this year and they are fantastic behaviorally, so that is a relief knowing none of them are half as challenging as my kids this year. So, altogether I am excited and nervous and just so relieved! I have a job!!!!

This has made everything so real now. In one year I will be TTC...I have my career in place, we will have saved up a bunch of money from my working, it's just going exactly as planned. ^_^

That's great news Symphony, congrats on your new job! My DF got stuck teaching Spanish this past school year but this year he's getting the advanced English classes (the ones he really wants) so you never know when your dream job will be available. :D

Lately I'm seeing lots of people I know that are in worse situations than mine and not in stable relationships getting pregnant and it's starting to eat at me. How come they get to be happily pregnant (they are clearly happy about it and if they aren't then they're very good actors) and I'm the one that has to wait until an unknown time to even start trying? I guess it wouldn't bother me if I knew for sure that we were going to be TTC next cycle or even by the end of the summer but I have no idea if I'm going to need to wait a month or half a year or a year from now. Is it completely irrational to feel this way?

Is it completely irrational to feel this way?

Absolutely not. Totally rational and understandable. I am sure many of us see others in our lives in unstable situations having children and feel a niggle of resentment or 'why can't that be me??' I know I do (regularly!). It doesn't help when you just don't know when it will happen for you! Feeling your frustrations; hang in there!

Congrats Symphony!! It must be such a weight lifted to have the job secure, even if it wasn't where you were hoping for.

Keely- I love walking around old town St. Charles (grew up about 40 min away). You guys will have a blast! Definitely not unreasonable to feel that way. What is right for one isn't right for everyone. I think you guys will be much happier in the end to wait than yo "force" him into it :hugs: hang in there!!

I'm pretty excited, St. Charles has lots of cute shops. :D
We won't be trying for a honeymoon baby either way though. If we did start trying in June, I won't be ovulating until after our honeymoon is over because it would be sometime late June. I'm due to O this week with this cycle (but my cycles have been wacky since I had Liam) so the week of the wedding/honeymoon will be the week before my period. It's kind of perfect though, to get married and enjoy our honeymoon and then wait for my next cycle to follow straight after to try and expand our little family. That is IF DF gives the okay.

Tara how exciting that your niece is almost here! :happydance:

It is exciting and I'm a bit nervous. Mainly because I'm afraid something will happen when I'm babysitting her or I'll drop her etc. Am I being irrational?

Also today a second cousin of mine had her daughter today and named her Gabrielle.

Its not irrational at all, especially if you haven't been around a lot of little ones before. Babies are pretty resilent though, even from a young age and are noy as fragile as you may think.. Charles has fallen off the bed and onto his head twice and not had any issues. You jusy hold them close and comfort, give lots of kisses (and ice when needed) and they will be fine. Being an aunt is amazing and I'm excited for you to get to meet Roxy! How is Lindzy doing?

She's good thanks. :) Her due date is in a month from next Sunday to the 10th I think. It's coming up fast!!! :happydance: I have a feeling I'll be babysitting quite a bit which I don't mind at all. It'll give me experience for when I have my own children. Does anyone know where I can sign up for free diapers? I've already got two free Huggies in the vib package in the mail from Shoppers. I'm going to look around online to see if I can find any. Plus I received free baby formula in the mail a few weeks ago from Similac and it came with coupons. :thumbup:

Is it just me or did this weekend go fast? Also, can't believe tomorrow is June 1st already!!!! :O

Is it just me or did this weekend go fast? Also, can't believe tomorrow is June 1st already!!!! :O

No kidding on both counts! I spent the majority of my weekend playing in the yard trying to get my garden spot worked up and ready to plant. It has been a crazy amount of work! But next year it will be all ready and I won't have to put in this level of work again.

Our weather also warmed up to the mid 80s so it's been really warm.

I have 13.5 days left of work! I am so excited for summer break and getting the basement painted and the house completely unpacked. I have just not felt like we have really settled. I am looking forward to that feeling.

Good luck krissie! Its a process for sure but once its done feels SO good!

Good luck krissie! Its a process for sure but once its done feels SO good!

That is so true. We have moved nine times in ten years so I have packed and unpacked a lot!! I think this time is different because I know we do not plan to move for along time. Plus I am trying to get some outside stuff done before the weather starts getting to hot. I can work inside once summer hits and I don't want to go outside.

This summer I plan to get the house entirely painted and unpacked. (Except the nursery which I plan to do after we know the gender of #2). I have 7 weeks off so I think that should be doable. I also need to get my craft room unpacked so I can start on that. I have a lot of projects that I would like to get finished now that I have the space.

Today there was a meeting at the blood clinic to talk about what everything that's going down this Saturday for Relay for Life. I have to be there at 3pm to register and sign in. It's from 5pm-11pm and the first lap starts at 5pm. I'm soooooo excited for it!!!!!! :happydance:

I'm not sure if I'm more excited for that or that Roxy will be here next month!!!!! :happydance:

Congrats on the new job Symphony!

Keely, what you're feeling makes total sense. I used to feel the same way before having Isla and before this pregnancy :hugs:

Tara, totally normal to be nervous but you will be fine I'm sure!

Krissie, good luck with your projects, enjoy your time off work.

We were away most of the weekend visiting family and friends. Got to see one of my best friend's new baby and she is so cute. Made me excited to meet my little man. Was also interesting to see Isla interact with baby (she did really well) and see how my friend's son is dealing with the new addition (her kids have the same age gap as Isla and Ethan will have). Her son is acting out a bit to get attention; I can totally see Isla reacting the same way :wacko:

Can't believe you're already 29 weeks Mrs.Eddie. Lindzy is only about 6 weeks ahead of you. She'll be 24 on the 7th of this month so her birthday could be a month before her daughters.

My ipod is driving me nuts. :wacko: It keeps connecting to my laptop but doesn't charge. This never happened before but it's annoying. I just unplugged it for the 2nd time.

I totally agree with Tara!! Where has the time gone that you are already 29 weeks!

So Christian has starting saying his first word in context. And wouldn't you know it is kitty. He just loves our cat. Thank goodness we have a very docile one too. Christian loves to ram into him with his head. But in his defense the cat did it first. :haha: I have noticed Christian does it to other children and our legs too. I think he thinks that is a proper hello. He has also started waving bye. I just cannot believe how big he is getting all of a sudden.

I have had bad baby bug the last few days. Part of me just wants to throw caution to the wind and see what happens. But the logical part of me knows that isn't necessarily the best option. I just keep hoping it passes soon.

Thanks Tara and Krissie! I can't believe that I'm already 29 weeks; this pregnancy is really flying by.

Krissie, I totally get it; I had really wanted to be pregnant by Isla's 1rst birthday initially. You have to figure out what works best for you and your family. Would your DH be on board with trying now or is he keen to wait. Sometimes it does make more sense to wait; I know for us this age gap will be tough but easier to manage than if I had have gotten pregnant sooner.

Re Christian and the cat that is too cute! Kitty was one of Isla's first words too; now she calls both cats by name and bosses them around all the time :haha:

DH is totally on board to try. He has been fine with it since Christian was 4 months. Crazy man! It has just me that has been putting the breaks on it.

You work right? That's one of my fears is juggling two with a full time job. And at this time my position cannot be cut down any until another psych is hired. Maybe I will talk to dh soon and see what he thinks. Maybe, maybe this will pass. :haha:

Had to go get my annual done today...and the waiting room was full of adorable pregnant gals....aaahhh...instantly broody lol.

I'm excited though...I'm down 31 lbs from last April (from right before giving birth). I'm hoping to lose another 20 in the next year before getting pregnant again

I feel like crying we have been trying for the last 3 months and bam my periods are all out of whack... like as soon as we decided to try for our 3rd baby.. i just wish all the pain and period problems would go away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->