Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Hey ladies- How is everyone doing?

Things are good this way. Just trying to get back in the swing of things and balancing work and home life.

I am good.Saw Roxy again today for a few hours!! :happydance::cloud9: I fed her twice which wasn't too hard but wouldn't spit up when I padded her back.She even fell asleep in my arms again. :cloud9:

Tomorrow I'm going to visit my grandma with my mom.

Jessica-how are you feeling hun? I've been thinking about you and hope that all is well

Tara- that is great that you have been able to see Roxy so much lately! I'm sure your brother was just nervous to have such a new baby not with them. As she gets older, she will be able to come visit and have a lot of fun with you guys :flower:

Sorry for not posting much lately. It's been a super busy week and DH is out of town this weekend for a bachelor party, so have been busy taking care of Charles. We are also hosting a couples shower (for the friend he is at the party for) in 2 weeks so this weekend is full of crafting anytime Charles is sleeping!

Speaking of..we are one week into Charles putting HIMSELF to sleep at night!!! I didn't think this day would ever get here (seriously...this kid has always been a TERRIBLE sleeper...). He has mostly been able to self settle when he wakes up in the middle of the night as well. Occasionally Ben has gone in when he wasn't able to, but he is there for less than a minute and when he leaves, Charles goes to sleep pretty quickly. He has also weaned himself down to only 2 feedings a day! :happydance: Once before his nap and once in the middle of the night. So about 12 hours apart ,give or take. It's bittersweet as we have had a wonderful BF'ing relationship, but it has been really nice to not have someone attached to my boob all the time lol. He just turned 16 months a few days ago and I feel like by 17 months he will finish self weaning and definitely by 18 months (our original goal).

I just can't believe how quickly things turned around with him. It just kind of clicked and has been working, at least for the last week. We said that before we would even think about TTC the next, Charles had to be sleeping in his own bed all night (we partial co-slept for 5 months), able to put himself to sleep and self soothe, allow someone else to do bedtime routine and be fully weaned.....and we are down to just weaning!!! Maybe we will be able to try for a month in January after all.... then again, maybe I will just enjoy the better sleep for awhile longer lol.

I can't believe Roxy is already a month old! Yesterday when I was trying to burp her she was holding on to my shirt. <3 This might sound like a weird question but can babies smell different people's scent?

When I held her she was so relaxed. :cloud9:

That's good that Charles is putting himself to sleep now.Roxy did sleep off and on when my mom and I were visiting with her yesterday but woke up crying.Most of the time when her soother was put back in her mouth she went back to sleep and sometimes when I would mover her around she went back to sleep.

She can look at people's faces pretty good and was looking at my mom's when she was talking to her.Roxy even tried to talk back but it just came out as gurgling noises.It was too cute and she can even smile a bit! She can hold her head up a bit but not for very long and looked so peaceful when she was sleeping in my arms. <3

Thinking of you Jessica, I hope that your scan on Tuesday goes well. :hugs:

Kaity yay for Charles sleeping better and putting himself to sleep! It was bittersweet when Liam weaned himself at 15 months, I actually cried the first full day he went without a feed, even though I saw it coming for a while (he was down to only one feed a day, usually at night). I'm hoping to keep this baby on the boob for a while longer but I don't think I'll go past two years.

This girl who's in the apprenticeship with me told my brother that I told her that Lindzy got stoned.I never even told her that and tomorrow I'm going to confront her about it. :growlmad: I would never talk about Lindzy behind her back and if I did I would own up to it like an honest person would. I don't understand why people start drama and say something that's not even true. :nope:

Thanks Keely! It has continued to go really really well. Last night he didn't nurse at all and so we are going to work on getting the last night feed done. Will be down to just one before his nap but won't start on removing that until my body adjusts...holy engorgement today! Hasn't been that bad since my milk came in, hurt so much. Definitely bittersweet because I have loved nursing him. But I really feel like we are both ready. I'm also hoping that weaning now will give my body enough time to readjust my cycles to normal before TTC again. It is all over the board ATM

Tara I'm sorry that you have an acquaintance at your apprenticeship that's causing trouble with your family and adding drama in your life. I hope that she shuts up and leaves you alone soon. :hugs:

I totally understand Kaity, I was so engorged for like a week after Liam weaned and it had been forever since my boobs last felt that full, even with the one feed a day. My cycles were wacky the entire time I breastfed too and they didn't become normal until about 4 cycles after Liam weaned.

Sorry to hear about the gal in your apprenticeship Tara. It is terrible when people spread lies just to stir the pot. I hope you get it all sorted out soon.

Lindzy told me she would talk to her and let me know how it goes.Today the girl and I talked but I never mentioned what happened.She asked me a lot about Roxy which I thought was a but weird.When I'm done the apprenticeship I won't miss her AT ALL!!

I will be ttc in September. Can't believe how close it is now.

Hello and welcome! So exciting that your date is coming up soon! Will this be your first? I've added you to our list (second post). Please let me know if anything changes and I can update!

Mrs Eddie- how are you feeling hun? Baby watch is definitely going on! Do you feel ready?

Hello and welcome! So exciting that your date is coming up soon! Will this be your first? I've added you to our list (second post). Please let me know if anything changes and I can update!
Thank you! Yes, it will be our first. I'm crossing my fingers that we get happy news soon :)

Hello! I'm WTT, too... waiting for DP to come back home in Sept. He's out of town for 3 more weeks, but should be back home just in time for the big O!

To prepare for DP's arrival, I've done a little TTC shopping! I've got a couple of digital thermometers, ovulation charts, OPKs, and HPTs. I also got some pre-seed lubricant, which is supposed to help his little swimmers get to the egg(s).... (hoping for twins, btw).

I'm doing a lot of other things to prepare, like taking a prenatal vitamin liquid (in my morning smoothie), folic acid, maca powder, vitex, and wild yam. I'll also be using progesterone cream during the last 14 CDs.

Can't wait to go from WTT to TTC!

Why are you hoping for twins?

Hey tverb84! I've always wanted them, and they run in my family.

Add me to TTC#1 for September 2015. :happydance:

I've added you to our list! Best of luck hun, it's coming up so soon!!

I hear you on the twins...they run heavily in my family...except I am terrified to have them! lol. I think it would have been fine the first time around (actually, with my DS, we found out that I had released two eggs but only one was fertilized), but we really only want 2 babies total and so I'm hoping for another singleton :)

Twins run very heavy in my family. My mom had twins and my great grandmother had seven sets of living twins. One of which was my grandfather. I do not want twins!! I have struggled with my one I couldn't imagine having two. And to top it off we use fertility meds so that increases my chances some too.

Speaking of which, I think we are going to sit next month out ttc. I was on clomid this month and have not ovulated. However, I am pretty sure it caused a cyst. :nope: Oh well, I am trying to convince DH to wait until February anyways. With me going back to work two weeks ago DS has completely regressed with sleeping. He has been up 3-4 times a night. I am so exhausted all I can think about today is taking a nap under my desk. Plus he has started having more fits when we get home (because he has a hard time napping at the babysitters). So I am not sure I am ready to deal with the extreme exhaustion that comes with me being pregnant and my active little guy. DH has mentioned he understands now how some people can have large age gaps.

Who knows, just a possibility I am throwing around. I don't really have anyone to talk to since DH doesn't add anything useful and pretty much lets me do what I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->