Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Sounds like the job is going well Tara!

Keely, happy birthday yo Liam.

Afm, it's been a rough few days. Ds has pink eye and an ear infection. So we've had a lot of snuggles. I think he's feeling better today but definitely still under the weather.

Sounds like the job is going well Tara!

Keely, happy birthday yo Liam.

Afm, it's been a rough few days. Ds has pink eye and an ear infection. So we've had a lot of snuggles. I think he's feeling better today but definitely still under the weather.

Aww!! Poor baby! Hope he feels better!!!

I'm glad the job is going so well Tara!

Keely- aww...its crazy that he is 2! Happy birthday to Liam!

Krissie- oh no hun! I hope he starts feeling better soon!

Magicalmom- how are you doing?

AFM, all is well! I can't believe it is nearly the end of September already. I can't wait for the first of October. For me, it marks the beginning of the holiday season and I'm excited for the first holidays in our new house!

Thanks ladies. I am back at work today. My mom has DS and he seems to be feeling better. Still looks awful though!

I didn't even realize it is the first holidays in our new home as well!! That makes it all the more exciting. I am sooo happy I get to put up a big tree for the first time in five years! Last year we did a small one but it wasn't the same. I am hoping to host Christmas this year so we will see if anybody decides to show up. :haha:

Glad he is feeling a bit better!

We are getting a new tree this year too krissie! I am so excited to get a nice big one instead of just the little one we've had up for the last couple years.

Im looking forward to halloween here because we are going out with my niece and nephew in our neighborhood and then coming back to our house for a movie, cider, candy exchange etc. Will be a new fun tradition!

That does sound like a fun Halloween tradition. I am interested to see what happens in my neighborhood. It has a lot of older couples and not a lot of children. I am thinking we will be going out with a friend who has an older daughter and then probably come home and put Christian to bed and do candy for anybody that comes by later.

Yesterday it was a bit of a slow day at work.Not many people ordered food and the kitchen just opened recently.I had today off and work tomorrow 4pm-8pm.I do like my job and hopefully business picks up.I think tomorrow or Thursday I get my first pay cheque!!! :happydance::thumbup:

I can't believe Liam is almost two years old Keely!!! That went by fast!!

Hopefully Christian feels better Krissie!!

I don't have a job anymore.The boss/owner wants someone who has more experience running a kitchen not just a prep cook.On the bright side,I still get paid!! :thumbup: He also said I can use him as a reference because he liked how I did the prep work.Now I'm the job hunt again.

So sorry Tara. I hope you find something soon.

Afm, I took Christian back to the doctor. I think he is having an adverse reaction to his antibiotic. The doctor didn't agree but I stopped it and he's been a little better the last couple of hours. I listened to a doctor over my intuition when he was a newborn and I'm still upset about it. So this time I am going with what I feel is right.

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes for Liam ladies, he had a great day! :cloud9: <3

Oh no Krissie, poor Christian! I hope that his pink eye clears up completely soon, I'm glad that he's feeling better though. :hugs:

Tara I'm sorry about the job, I hope that you find something new soon. :hugs:

I'm also looking forward to the holidays this year as Liam is finally old enough to be a lot of fun for them (he can actually go trick r' treating and open his own Christmas presents for example). We can finally put up a Christmas tree again this year too although I'm afraid that Liam will pull off the ornaments so we may just decorate the top half that he can't reach, lol.

Krissie- i'm sorry that Christian is still having issues. You definitely have to listen to your mommy instinct and make the decision that is best for you and him. Hope everything clears up soon for him

Tara- :hugs: I'm sorry about the job. I hope that something else comes along soon

Keely- glad that Liam had a nice birthday! We are definitely only decorating the top half as well on the tree lol

I called the counselor that's helping me find a job and she didn't sound too happy when I told her what happened last night.She said the boss was supposed to let her know of any changes in the job and said she would call me back when she talks to the owner of the bar.

Honestly, I'm not too sad about losing the job because I didn't have much to do plus there weren't many orders for food.If I knew the owner wanted someone to run the kitchen I wouldn't of applied in the first place.On the bright side I still get paid for the week I worked!! :thumbup:

Sounds like you have a great attitude about it Tara!

What do you all have planned for the weekend? We have our second (mostly) free weekend since the end of June so taking full advantage of relaxing at home! The only thing planned is going to a friends house for dinner on Saturday. We have some friends getting married in 2 weeks and after that our calendar is pretty much clear through the end of the year!

I picked up my one and only cheque today so I put it in my bank account.

Tomorrow we're going over to my uncle's for spaghetti and wine.It should be a fun time. :haha: Sunday I'm going to the gym like usual and might visit my grandma.

Hey ladies. I'm so happy it's the weekend! I am hoping to get my spring flower bulbs planted this weekend and a couple bushes I have had in pot way to long. Outside of that not much else. Christian is feeling much better but still needs his rest as he gets exhausted quickly. But his appetite is coming back along with his goofy personality so I know he's on the mend.

Today my dad is coming down to celebrate Liam's birthday with us. I'm really excited, I don't get to see my family as much as I would like to. :D

That's nice your dad is going to visit for Liam's birthday.

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was good,went to my uncle's for supper last night and had a few drinks.Didn't do much today except for going to the gym,my walk and washing my clothes which I need to put on the right side of the dryer.

Also I've decided that next year I'm going to visit New York City.I've always wanted to go there and I really want to go to the 9/11 museum plus the refection pools with all the names of the people who died that day.It would be pretty cool to see Times Square too!

Things are good here. Ds is doing much better and back to himself. I have Friday off and we are going to see Dracula and then pictures and the pumpkin patch Saturday then the zoo on Sunday. It's going to be a crazy busy weekend! It's also dh birthday so I hope everyone can get along.

Today I picked my prescription that I renewed by phone yesterday at Costco.That place was crazy busy!! Even at 11am on a Wednesday and I'm glad I made it out alive. :haha: Tomorrow I'm going to a restaurant near my house because a woman who works there left a message on my phone about working there.I never called back because it was the same day I got the job at the hangar which did't last very long.I've been putting it off calling or going to the restaurant. :blush: Tomorrow I'm going for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->