Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

This may sound like a dumb question but why do children cry when they can't see their parents? Is it because they think they're going to be left alone? I feel dumb for asking this.

It's because they don't have a sense of object permanence until they reach a certain age when they are babies so when they don't see mom and/or dad they think that mom and/or dad are gone forever. When they're a little older it's usually because they're very attached to mom and/or dad, those are (usually) the two people they trust the most and they don't like the idea of being separated from them. Liam has no problems with separation anxiety though, he's very social and likes meeting new people and getting to know them. It will be a blessing when he starts school but it worries me that he doesn't seem to have a sense of stranger danger. :wacko:

Hi All,

Hoping I can join in! My hubby to be and I are getting married in May 2016, he is currently finishing up his engineering degree and next year will be his last. We are both 28 years old. He took his diploma in engineering prior to that and we spend 6 glorious years traveling between working! I have wanted a baby for as long as I can remember, I am trying my best to be patient. FI says its up to me when we start TTC so I am hoping I can hold off until Sept 2016, works best for my mat leave and him finding work, we will also be making a big move in April 2017. Fingers crossed!!!

Welcome FutureMrs! :wave: :flower:

A couple of us are due in early 2016 right now but most of the ladies here are WTT until 2016. There's a good bunch of ladies in here, they kept me from going insane for sure. :thumbup:

I definitely need that! PS. CONGRATS :) My FI loves kids and is from a huge family (baby of 8) but is so tired of hearing me talk about babies, and I can't say I blame him, lol. I am trying to make a real effort to talk about it less with him because I don't want to suck the fun out of it for him and I know he will just shut down a bit if I over do it.

I definitely need that! PS. CONGRATS :) My FI loves kids and is from a huge family (baby of 8) but is so tired of hearing me talk about babies, and I can't say I blame him, lol. I am trying to make a real effort to talk about it less with him because I don't want to suck the fun out of it for him and I know he will just shut down a bit if I over do it.

Thank you! I struggled not to bring up babies with my DH as well. The broody bug bit me again after my DS hit 4 months old and by the time that my near year and a half of waiting was up my DH was so tired of hearing about babies, lol. :haha:
SOs can surprise you sometimes though, I thought for sure that I was going to have to wait longer but DH surprised me by giving me the green light to TTC back in June. At the time it felt like I was waiting forever but now it feels like that wait flew, I hope it doesn't feel too long for you.
I'm part of a big family, but we were a mixed family between 2 sets of parents. I'm technically #4 out of 10 if you count all of us. If you don't count step-siblings then I'm #1 of 5.
My DH only grew up with one sister though so he isn't as keen on the idea of a medium sized family as I am, lol. I would love 3 or 4 kids but DH is pretty adamant about this being our last baby right now. I'm not going to bother to come back to WTT for #3 until I know for sure that there will be a #3, I'd be so heartbroken if I assumed that there would be a 3rd and waited until like September of 2018 (when I'm hoping that we'll start trying for #3) with the idea that there would be another baby in my head only to find out that there will be no more babies for sure. So I'm treating this one as if it's my last and if DH changes his mind and decides that he wants a 3rd then great. If not then at least I wasn't expecting it to happen.

Hi All,

Hoping I can join in! My hubby to be and I are getting married in May 2016, he is currently finishing up his engineering degree and next year will be his last. We are both 28 years old. He took his diploma in engineering prior to that and we spend 6 glorious years traveling between working! I have wanted a baby for as long as I can remember, I am trying my best to be patient. FI says its up to me when we start TTC so I am hoping I can hold off until Sept 2016, works best for my mat leave and him finding work, we will also be making a big move in April 2017. Fingers crossed!!!

:hi: hello and welcome! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! It is such an exciting moment and I am sure you are knee deep in all of the fun planning. I've added you to our list (the second post). Let me know if your dates change and I can update as needed! Like Keely said, we have gals at all stages here from those who just had a baby to those who are waiting until 2018 so you are in good company! What kind of move are you making in April of 2017?

Tara- no need to feel silly! I didn't know about it either until Charles came along :) It's just like what Keely said about object permanence. Babies don't realize that something/someone will come back to them. It's an out of sight out of mind thing. That's why peek a boo can be so fascinating. They don't realize that you are still there behind your hands. Around 4-7 months is when babies learn object permanence and when separation anxiety can hit really bad. Charles is 17 months right now and is extremely attached to me and doesn't like having me not in sight/access. He will grow out of it in the next few weeks but right now I'm just trying to help him feel safe and that it's alright if I'm not there because I'll always come back (whether this is I'm in the bathroom for a minute or gone for a few hours at bible study etc)

Hi All,

:hi: hello and welcome! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! It is such an exciting moment and I am sure you are knee deep in all of the fun planning. I've added you to our list (the second post). Let me know if your dates change and I can update as needed! Like Keely said, we have gals at all stages here from those who just had a baby to those who are waiting until 2018 so you are in good company! What kind of move are you making in April of 2017?

Thank you!!! :) While I am super exciting for the wedding.. I am almost more excited for what comes after. Lol. Our wedding is in Mexico and we will be there for a couple weeks so it'll be really nice to just get away for a while! FI and I are living in Ontario now, but we are from Nova Scotia so once he's completed his degree we will head back that way! We haven't lived close to our families for almost 7 years so I am really looking forward to being back home again!

Thank you! I struggled not to bring up babies with my DH as well. The broody bug bit me again after my DS hit 4 months old and by the time that my near year and a half of waiting was up my DH was so tired of hearing about babies, lol. :haha:
SOs can surprise you sometimes though, I thought for sure that I was going to have to wait longer but DH surprised me by giving me the green light to TTC back in June. At the time it felt like I was waiting forever but now it feels like that wait flew, I hope it doesn't feel too long for you.
I'm part of a big family, but we were a mixed family between 2 sets of parents. I'm technically #4 out of 10 if you count all of us. If you don't count step-siblings then I'm #1 of 5.
My DH only grew up with one sister though so he isn't as keen on the idea of a medium sized family as I am, lol. I would love 3 or 4 kids but DH is pretty adamant about this being our last baby right now. I'm not going to bother to come back to WTT for #3 until I know for sure that there will be a #3, I'd be so heartbroken if I assumed that there would be a 3rd and waited until like September of 2018 (when I'm hoping that we'll start trying for #3) with the idea that there would be another baby in my head only to find out that there will be no more babies for sure. So I'm treating this one as if it's my last and if DH changes his mind and decides that he wants a 3rd then great. If not then at least I wasn't expecting it to happen.

Oh wow you guys sound a lot like our families in the difference, for me it is just my sister and I. When I am with all of FI siblings it can be a bit over whelming for me, in the best way! FI says he would like to have 4 but in all reality we'd better get on the ball if that's the case, I will be 29 before we even start trying for number 1, and while that's by no means old it seems like a lot! Lol

Welcome FutureMrs. :)

I'm going to try and play peek a boo with Roxy when she's a few months older.On Thursday when my mom and I saw her it looked like she recognized me.She even looked at me before I took pictures with my phone but kept looking away right when I took the pictures. :haha: She's already showing her personality at two in a half months old.I can only imagine how she's going to be in a few years. :haha:

Oh wow you guys sound a lot like our families in the difference, for me it is just my sister and I. When I am with all of FI siblings it can be a bit over whelming for me, in the best way! FI says he would like to have 4 but in all reality we'd better get on the ball if that's the case, I will be 29 before we even start trying for number 1, and while that's by no means old it seems like a lot! Lol

Also congrats on your upcoming wedding and getting to mive back home soon! I thibk that you could easily have 4 kids by the time that you're 40 assume 2 year gaps between each child. I'm only going to be 24 later this month but next month my DH turns 30.

I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday already! This week is going by fast and Thanksgiving is on Monday next week. We celebrate it Sunday but the holiday is on Monday.Does anyone else celebrate the Canadian Thanksgiving?

Thank you!!! :) While I am super exciting for the wedding.. I am almost more excited for what comes after. Lol. Our wedding is in Mexico and we will be there for a couple weeks so it'll be really nice to just get away for a while! FI and I are living in Ontario now, but we are from Nova Scotia so once he's completed his degree we will head back that way! We haven't lived close to our families for almost 7 years so I am really looking forward to being back home again!

Ooh! That sounds like a really great time! I love destination weddings :) That will be great to move close back to your family and have lots of support for when a baby comes along!

Tara- hope you enjoy your holiday!

Just checking in on you ladies! Any fun weekend plans?

We have the wedding this weekend. Finally got everything I needed, just have to figure out how I'm going to do my hair. We used to go to several weddings a year but are down to only a couple friends left who aren't married yet..and I LOVE weddings so will be a lot of fun (even though I'm nervous to leave Charles).

I don't really have any plans for the weekend except for going to the gym Sunday and visiting my grandma for Thanksgiving after that.Plus Monday is a holiday Monday! :happydance: Last I heard Lisa (Lindzy's mom) was planning on having Thanksgiving at her house tomorrow which is only one street over from our house so it's not far at all.I have no clue if she's still having it though.

No plans here. Dh borrower a few movies so I'm hoping we can enjoy a quiet evening Saturday and maybe get my garden pulled out.

I had a really good Thanksgiving weekend visiting my grandma yesterday.Plus I ate too much food. :haha::blush: What's Thanksgiving without eating too much? Tomorrow I'll work all the calories off at the gym!! :thumbup:

How was everyone else's weekend?

I had a good weekend. On Saturday I ran into a friend I haven't seen in many years and dh and I went to their new place to help move but ended up just talking and hanging out for several hours. They bought a house a 15 minute walk from us. So that was cool.

However, Sunday I started to get sick and now both ds and I have this cold. I'm thinking I might call in tomorrow and try to get better.

I have an appointment tomorrow with the neurologist that I saw after I had the seizure in January.He wanted me to come back after I started the medication but I didn't.Plus I started the pre-apprenticeship but now I finally made an appointment.It's better to be late than never.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->