Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

Krissie- sorry you are still sick! The worst kind are the ones that linger. I hope you are able to get some rest this week and kick it to the curb! Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I'm sure your dad and grandparents will be beyond thrilled to have the boys there together. Happy birthday to your nephew! How is he doing? It's so much fun that they get to grow up together! My best friend had a son born 4 1/2 months after Charles and it has been a lot of fun getting to watch them together

Pukite- I had my first pregnancy dream recently too and it brought back so many great memories! I felt my DS for the first time at 16 weeks but it wasn't until 20/21/22 (somewhere in there) that it was more consistent. How exciting that you all aren't preventing!! I've moved you up to our TTC/NTNP section, just let me know which one you'd like to fall under. I hope it doesn't take too long for you and that your other health issues won't affect it too much.

Tara- how are you doing?

AFM, after a week of thinking and talking about my DHs new job, we both feel very settled about it. It is more travel than we want but it is just day trips and not overnight. There would be a night or two a week he wouldn't see Charles. But we are committed to making our family time together be good quality time (no electronics) and will go on at least one date a month to have some alone time. He is very excited for the job itself and it is nice to see that passion return for him in his work.

On the TTC front, I had a moment earlier this week where C and I were in the room that will be the nursery. I was sitting in the recliner and he was playing on the floor. I could visualize having a new baby nursing and Charles playing. It was the first time I felt like I could handle a newborn and toddler (I realize that having an actual baby here will be much different). I talked with Ben and he was feeling better about it as well. So I think we are a go again for April!!

I am so glad you are feeling confident about ttc in April!! And that Ben is excited for his new job. When will he be starting?

My husband is talking about going back to days. He will give up his supervisor position which will be a paycut but I told him the money was not worth never seeing him. I hope he does make the decision to go back soon. If not, I told him when I get pregnant he will need to go back before the baby comes. Which he seems alright with.

I brought up WTT until February again. He said he does not want to at all. So I guess we are still NTNP/TTC. Somewhere in there?? I am tracking my cycles so I at least know if I am ovulating. At the very least it will be good information to take to the doctor if I need to seek fertility treatment again.

My sister's son is doing great. He is saying a few words and is starting to pull up on things. Physically he is a little behind but verbally seems right on track. Christian is the opposite. Christian seems to say a word once or twice and then won't say it again for weeks.

Thanks! I am relieved too. Of course, things may change again once he actually starts, but for now we are on track! We aren't sure exactly when he will start yet. He should be getting the official offer the beginning of November. Most likely will be in January but could be pushed to February. It just comes down to when the company decides to launch the project. Ben gets 2 weeks off at Christmas so we are going to really make the most of it this year.

That will be SO nice for you all to be able to see each other again! How long has he been doing the supervisor job? I'm sure Christian will be happy to have him there more as well!

Are you ovulating on your own? Or do you think you will need intervention down the road? How long will you wait before going to the doctor? I think your approach to tracking and doing more of a NTNP is good to help ease you into it. I remember you were pretty stressed about it. I will say that when Charles turned 16 months he finally started STTN and fully transitioned to one nap. He also seemed to be more like a toddler and less like a baby. I think all of that happening made it much easier to envision another baby. Before that, he just needed me so much and it seemed impossible to split anytime. I'm sure as Christian gets older, the idea of another will seem more and more doable and manageable :hugs:

That's good that he is on track! Charles doesn't really talk at all. He has said a couple words, but like Christian, he then will just stop saying them. He also says the fronts of words bit not the whole word. We just had his 18 month check and we are going to start him in speech therapy to evaluate that there isn't an issue (I really don't think there is). They will all get to the same place in the end!

Geoff has been on swing shift since April. It has been really tough. The summer wasn't so bad because I was off work. But since I have gone back I have really struggled. And I know he is realizing how much he is missing with Christian.

I asked the doctor at Christian's 15 month appointment about speech. He gave me what is expected and when to be concerned. Honestly, if Christian doesn't make some leaps before 18 months we will probably be looking at a referral as well. He was just starting to do the 12 month old stuff at 15 months. But like you said all in his own time. He just started walking, and he still crawls a lot too. My MIL says my husband was the same way walked and started talking around 16 months. Christian also does the front of some words. I wonder if that is developmental. I do see what you mean about this age though. Christian is only waking once a night and that has really helped me think of him as a toddler. Along with his extreme level of willpower.

I have ovulated twice in the last four cycles. They have all been long cycles too. But I find it encouraging I do ovulate sometimes. Before having Christian I am certain I never ovulated. We probably won't seek medical intervention for awhile. Next summer at the earliest I would imagine. I am currently eating lower carb and taking metformin which I believe is why I am ovulating at all. Dh and I are working on eating healthier and I am hoping to start back walking in the evenings with Christian. He enjoys it and I think it would be a nice time for us. I just wish we had a park near us.

I'm doing good thanks. :) I went to the gym this morning and worked out on the octane machine which is like an elliptical but a bit harder.I can really feel the work out in my legs and sweat more too.I also realized that on the bicep machine that I got the kilograms and pounds mixed up. :haha: So that means I've been lifting more weight than I thought I was since I thought the kilograms was lbs!! :happydance:

Besides that, there's not much else going on.I'm still taking my medication which I need to until I'm 33 otherwise I get dizzy and that's not very fun.My cousin had her baby boy on Sunday and his name is Jacob!! I saw pictures of him on facebook and he's very cute!

Hopefully we'll see Roxy this weekend!! <3

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was good didn't do anything too exciting as always. :haha:

Hey ladies.. Just dropping in to say hey.. How's everyone?

Currently as of right now we are still going to start TTC in March but that may get pushed back a bit. I'm still dealing with some anxiety from the accident and still have the dizzy/buzzy sensation in my head that we want to get figured out first. Blood work tomorrow and then if that doesn't give any ideas, they want to do an MRI of my head..

I have been saying seeing a psychotherapist for two weeks now and today will be my third session. I have just been having a really tough time and I need to get myself taken care of before thinking of bringing a baby into the mix. It's obviously very frustrating but I know it will get better, it's just going top take a bit of time..

What's everyone's plans for Halloween?

Gagrlinpitt- you definitely need to take care of you!! And that is okay. I hope the therapy helps with the anxiety and the MRI leads to some answers.

Tara- My weekend was fine. I relaxed mostly but I did manage to pick up the livingroom and dining room. I think this sickness is finally clearing up. Almost 3 weeks of this!!

Hello, everyone! I'm new to the forum and look forward to getting to know you all. :hugs:

My husband and I finally decided to begin trying for our first little one in March 2016! We both love children and would begin to try sooner, but he's due to finish school in December 2016. So, even if we miraculously conceived the first month TTC, he would be done with college by the time he/she arrived. We're both young (24), but have been together since we were both 15 and married since July 2013. Even in high school, we would talk about the children we would have with one another, and I can't believe that time is almost here!

Sadly, I was diagnosed with PCOS last week, which was beyond devastating. :cry: The only symptom I have for my amenorrhea is a high level of testosterone. My thyroid, insulin, weight, and actual ovaries are all healthy. Even so, my doctor said that I would need to be on medication to ovulate, but I plan to try the natural route before March. I'm a health nut and dread having to take medication.

I am a little tempted to talk to my husband about trying earlier, because of my diagnosis (and that it may take longer than usual), but March is just too perfect. Again, he will be done with school by December, there is time to try and naturally regulate my cycle, and his family will be happy that we waited until his graduation is in the near future. :flower:

As of now, I am on Provera, because my cycle hasn't been here since June. My doctor had fun convincing me to take it, especially since I do not even take Advil for a headache. But, she also told me that the uterine lining can become cancerous if not shed every three months. I enjoy being healthy, but not that stubborn! Since I can already feel myself going crazy by waiting for something that I have wanted since I was a little girl, I hope you don't mind me hanging around here and trying to regulate my body back into normalcy before we actively try!

Welcome racham. I also have pcos. Check into natural progesterone cream. I usenjoyed progest to bring on my period about every 45 days when it doesn't show. I have found it is much gentler than provera. As far as natural fertility treatments there are many out there. I have tried vitex and soy isoflavones. Where you seem to have mild pcos maybe one of those would be right for you.

Thank you, krissie328! I will definitely look into that, as I do not fancy having to take medication every three months. My 'list' to order after I'm finished with Provera has Black Cohosh, Vitex, and rasberry leaf tea. Before I was diagnosed, I tried FertilAid, although it didn't work. Granted, I didn't finish it because I started Provera, but still.

As someone with PCOS, do you currently track ovulation, or plan to track it? I've read it's difficult because of our diagnosis, but I still think I may try. My cycle had been coming every month for about a year before it abruptly ended after June.

I track bbt. I have actually found it very helpful. Sometimes my temps jump around a lot but I can still detect o. That's even with a 15 month old that does not sleep well so I rarely get 3 hours of sleep before temping.

I really like the emeritas progest. It is a little spendy but it really seems to work. I take it for 10 days and usually have a bleed 3 days later. However, sometimes I start during the 10 days I'm using it.

That's wonderful to hear! I bought a non-mercury glass thermometer, but it arrived broken. Thankfully, the company has sent out a new one and it should be here soon. Even though we aren't starting until March, I am really hoping that my cycle will regulate before then!

I'll definitely look up Emerita. It's my eighth day of Provera, and I feel something, but nothing has happened yet. There's still time before it's supposed to work, though. In the meantime, I'll have to try and keep busy until next year!

My mom and I got to see Roxy yesterday!!!! :happydance: She actually smiles now and gurgles it sounded like she tried to talk.It was sooooo cute!!!!!! <3 She even threw up on my shirt a bit when I was holding her. :haha: It didn't even bother me that much anyways.Plus she can touch her feet and it's cute to see her face because she's trying to figure out what they are. :haha: Lindzy said she will stop by on Halloween as long as it doesn't rain!! :thumbup:

Anyone have special Halloween plans?

Aww that's so cute Tara. Baby smiles are the best!

I am not sure on our plans. I think Christian is to young to trick or treat. I'm kinda hoping dh will just take him to important houses and maybe we can watch scarry movies and hand out candy. I guess we will see.

Christian was throwing up last night so definitely don't want to be out in the cold. Him and I need to rest and get better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->