**Waiting and Waiting...2018 Mommies To Be! <3**

lilmisscaviar I added you to our Expecting Members section of the list. :happydance:

Anyone that announces their :bfp: will be moved to the Expecting Members section of the list in the second post and will have a :yellow: (or two, three, ect :yellow: if you announce a multiple pregnancy) next to their due date until we receive a gender update, then I'll replace the :yellow: with :blue: or :pink: as necessary. If you do get your :bfp: please don't feel afraid to update us throughout your pregnancy when you reach certain milestones (like getting your :bfp:, finding out the gender, giving birth, giving baby a name, ect). Although you may put it in spoiler tags for just in case. We're all in this journey together and I look forward to seeing each of you through WTT, TTC, Pregnancy, and ultimately Babies.

I really hope that we never have to add anything to the Angels Remembered section of the list but please also don't feel afraid to inform us if you experience a loss. We are here to support you, we'll be here to grieve with you, and we'll be wishing hard for your beautiful rainbow and feeling thrilled for you when you get your rainbow baby (or babies if you have multiples).

Anyone that announces the birth of their baby will have their baby's name, birthdate, and gender moved to the Babies Born section of the list in the second post on the first page so please don't forget to update us when you have you baby (or babies if you have multiples)!

swedengirl - I have absolutely zero regrets about finding out at my anatomy scan with both of my children. Discovering that you're having a :blue: or :pink: is a special, wonderful, and life changing moment no matter when or how it happens whether it's through a blood test, other test such as amniocentesis or CVS, ultrasound, or birth. I do however want to go team :yellow: this time because I already have one of each so I've experienced finding out that I'm having each gender at the anatomy scan and this will probably be my last opportunity to find out at birth.

It really just all depends on what you feel is right for you and your OH. Are you a planner? Do you think you'll have trouble agreeing on a name for each gender with your OH? Are you an impatient person? Do you not like the idea of gender neutral clothes, themes, ect? Do you think it will be easier to bond with baby during pregnancy if you know the gender before birth? Then find out at the anatomy scan or at some other point in your pregnancy.

Do you hate the idea of being swamped with pink or blue or do you like gender neutral themes, clothes, ect? Do you think it will be easy for you and your OH to agree on a name for each gender? Does the idea of finding out at birth excite you more than finding out during pregnancy? Are you a patient person? Do you think you could bond with baby during pregnancy without knowing the gender? Then find out at birth.

I want to finish college which will be next April.

Kalon - I would definitely like to know how you swayed! I have time to plan so give me some tips and I'll write up a play book! :haha:

Lilmiss - Congratulations!! Not crazy! If I didn't feel I needed to give my body more time I'd probably try sooner! I need to get back into shape first, though! My second oldest brother and I are only 15 months apart. We hated each other growing up but we're close now!

Ashley - I would think a 18 month gap would be okay for my third as long as my first two keep each other company for the most part! When I first came home my brother, SIL, and niece were staying with us for a little while and it was amazing having DS1 content playing with his cousin! Much better than it is right now!

Dark - I wanted a house before this one arrived as our apartment is pretty small. Things didn't work out and now I'm hoping to get a house when I go back to work. I'm also going to be trying to lose weight!

Sweden - I found out and was happy to do so! I think whatever you want to do is what makes it special. My father always felt that it was meant to be known at birth and finding out takes away from the experience. Well, I completely disagree! The experience is what you make of it! If I have a girl next time I'll probably go team yellow with my fourth like Kalon is doing with her third to get the experience in a different way!

Cycle day 1- Yay. Actually happy to see my period. About 31 days. I plan to start tracking for a year and then start temping six months before. Amelia and Lucy will be sharing a room by then.

Hi!

Kalonkiki. Thanks for your great questions!

Yes I am a planner and yes in general I am quite impatient. With regards to the gender neutral aspect- I already have my colour scheme picked out and it is that minty green colour for the nursery for boy or girl. And clothes I won't worry too much about as I know I will be bombarded with clothes after the birth.

I do think it might drive me crazy not knowing. But I also like the idea of it being a surprise. My OH wants us to wait until the birth and I am a bit split. I think I'll find it hard to resist not knowing but think it might be worth it if I can! I guess I should probably see how I feel when it hopefully happens?

Hi Everyone,

I am pretty much brand new to this site and have been stumbling around, messed up my account a few times, but have figured it out now and am learning lots and feeling less nervous about this whole process.

I was hoping I could join your WTT group? We are planning to start in March, but I am just coming off my birth control pills now so it could very realistically be several months before we are even able to conceive. So we will likely have a 2018 baby, if all goes according to plan. We have been married for just over a year and this will be #1 for us (no gender preference). I go back and forth wondering if I we are crazy for deciding to try now and feeling confident it is the right time. I guess that's normal?

Anyway, would love some support along the way. Right now I am concentrating on exercising, eating right, and saving money.

Hi Everyone,

I am pretty much brand new to this site and have been stumbling around, messed up my account a few times, but have figured it out now and am learning lots and feeling less nervous about this whole process.

I was hoping I could join your WTT group? We are planning to start in March, but I am just coming off my birth control pills now so it could very realistically be several months before we are even able to conceive. So we will likely have a 2018 baby, if all goes according to plan. We have been married for just over a year and this will be #1 for us (no gender preference). I go back and forth wondering if I we are crazy for deciding to try now and feeling confident it is the right time. I guess that's normal?

Anyway, would love some support along the way. Right now I am concentrating on exercising, eating right, and saving money.
Welcome to the club. Yeah its perfectly normal. I even pondered if I should start ttcing this year today.

Thanks darkriver! Good to know I'm not alone!

It's strange, I am both very excited and nervous at the same time.

karoolia - Of course you're more than welcome to join us! :wave: :flower:
I went ahead and put you down for March 2017 Baby #1, please let me know if you ever need to add or change anything. :D

It's perfectly normal to feel this way. I felt so nervous when my date to TTC DD was getting closer and I wondered if we should wait longer and if it was really the right time ect ect but I've found that if you wait for "the right time" then it will never arrive, there's just a "right enough" time. You're not crazy at all. :hugs:

AliJo - RepHresh was the key to my :pink: sway. You can buy it from Walmart for about $6 to $7 and each box comes with 4 full applicators. I used it exactly as the instructions in the box suggest from the time AF ended to the time I confirmed O on Fertility Friend with OPKs and temps. It lowers the pH level of your vagina to 4.5 and also lowers the pH level of anything that enters (for example CM or semen) to 4.5 making it a fantastic :pink: swayer via Y chromosome genocide. I also tried to keep my testosterone levels as low as possible by trying my best to stay relaxed, not work out, not do anything competitive, ect. I also tried to avoid foods that were high in sodium and potassium for just in case and only took a folic acid supplement while TTC (I switched to a prenatal after getting my :bfp:) but didn't make any other changes to my diet. I also DTD in missionary, propped my hips for only about 5-10 minutes, and DTD for the last time on the day that I got my positive OPK and DTD almost every day from the time AF ended until then.

swedengirl - It never hurts to see how you feel about it once you're pregnant and getting closer to your anatomy scan. It sounds like going team :yellow: is looking like the best option for now though. :D

Joining in on the convo.. we are starting in July 2017 for a hopeful spring/summer 2018 baby! I am so excited and it feels great to have my DH excited about it as well :happydance:

Kalon - I will be writing this all down! Hopefully it works for me. I'm a little bit too excited to try this out. Makes me almost want to try now! :haha:

Dark - I don't want my cycle to return until I'm done BFing like it did last time. I have skin issues that pop up when my cycle is around and I'd like to have clear skin again for a little while!

Kaila - Welcome! I agree.. it's always so much better when you're OH is completely on board and excited! I'm really glad my DH is completely happy to have more than a couple of children! He really wants his little girl, though!

KailaB24 - Hello and welcome! :wave: :flower:
I put you down for July 2017 Baby #1, please correct me if I'm wrong and let me know if anything needs to be added or changed at any point. :D

AliJo - No problem hun! I understand what it's like to stress and obsess about gender swaying while WTT so when it comes to :pink: swaying I like to try to save anyone as much time, effort and stress as I can since I've already done the super extensive research and found a simple, minimal effort method that definitely worked (at least for me). I owe everything to AtomicSagebrush from Gender Dreaming, she's a miracle worker. :haha:

Welcome KailaB24! I'm glad to see another newbie around :) I'm so happy you and your OH are both excited, it definitely makes everything more exciting when you are both on the same page.
In my case, I think my DH is even more excited than I am, haha, I'm sure if we had the money to manage it he would happily have a dozen kids if I agreed.

So Ben and I have started having the "do we want a third baby" discussion already. I kind of thought for him it would be a no go and I would have to convince him if/when that time came. But he seems fairly open to it (at least to the discussion). I would still say for me it is 90% closed to a biological third. However, the thought of another newborn is definitely making me more open (Keely- will definitely have to try your sway methods- we would be swaying :pink: but staying team :yellow: again!). And the further it gets from the rough pregnancy and scary labor/delivery of DS2 makes it easier to imagine going through it all again. I think our plan is to wait until Calvin is at least a year old before starting more serious discussions....unless we both decide sooner to just go for it :)

One thing we have started thinking about as well is adopting a third down the road instead of having another biological child. It is something we have talked about since we were 16 and first got together- have 2 of our own and then adopt. I would say we are 50/50 on the subject right now. If we did adopt, we would wait until Calvin was in school and then look at adopting a 3-6 year old girl. I started looking at what the process entails and it feels like it could be a good option for us- but there are a lot of unknowns at this point so again...no decisions anytime soon will be made.

And Ali- I'll be the crazy one with you with having a newborn and thinking of another already LOL. If you recall, at the end of our pregnancies I was DEFINITELY done with babies....but these sweet little things just have a way of pulling at our biological heartstrings and wanting to make more :)

love that so many of us get to walk through this journey together again!

Sweden- i have done both ways now so can offer both experiences:

With my first, we found out at the anatomy scan and i was so glad to have done so. I am way too much of a planner to have waited...i needed to know what the baby was so I could get clothes organized, decorate etc. from the moment i was pregnant I had such a bond with the baby and then finding out i was having a son was the icing on the cake. at the scan, my husband asked if i was happy and i burst into tears saying "we have a son! we have a charles." it is one of my favorite memories and in that moment saw this life with my little guy unfold. in the weeks leading up to the big day,having never been through labor and delivery, i was very nervous and scared about what to expect. being able to focus on getting to meet my sweet charles soon helped calm me. i am so thankful we found out the gender with him.

the second time around, my husband really wanted to stay team yellow. There is a good chance DS2 will be our last baby and DH wanted to have that experience of finding out at delivery. I thought he was crazy at first, but in the end I came around and was excited to wait. Other than the first few days after the anatomy scan where i wanted to rip open the envelope we had the gender in (in case we changed our minds), it was not hard at all to wait. In fact, it was kind of fun playing the "what if baby is a boy/girl" game and getting to imagine our lives with two boys or a boy and girl. i was chasing around a toddler and didn't have a lot of time to think about the gender honestly.we planned everything gender neutral and was nice to not be stuck in blue/pink. i had a very unexpected labor and delivery and didn't have time to think about the gender during it (hello almost roadside baby!). but once the baby was out and i saw they were okay, i turned to my DH and asked if it was a boy or girl. And he burst into tears saying "its a boy!" and I got to watch him fall in love before my eyes. that's another favorite memory. there is just nothing like it. i am very grateful to have waited.

If we have a third, I want to stay team yellow again. I fall in love with my babies when i see that positive test line...for me it doesn't matter the gender. but to see my husband in that moment with our second son and him getting to tell me. to see the wonder in his eyes and watch as this mantle of fatherhood settled on his shoulders again with such ease and full of love....it is priceless and i would do it again in a heartbeat if we choose to have another.

Kaity - Hearing Calvin's birth story the first time in your journal really reaffirmed how much I want to be able to go team :yellow: this time. I want to see DH get emotional for once. I want him to have the honor of telling me if we had another son or another daughter. The whole experience just seems so perfect this time around even though I'm so glad I found out with DS and DD at the anatomy scan. :cloud9:

I really hope we have a girl so we can go team yellow with our fourth! I doubt we will with our next because we'll want to know so if it's a girl we can buy stuff. DH was so set on this one being a girl till the night before the anatomy scan and he just knew it was a boy. I'd hate for him to get himself so psyched up for a girl till the end then it be a boy. I actually think the hype of having another child would get rid of the sadness of it not being a girl initially. I really want to buy baby girl clothes, though!

AliJo that's why I found out with my first 2. I wanted to be able to buy stuff and plan for a boy or girl, I'm not a fan of most gender neutral stuff. Especially with #2 we really wanted to know ASAP if our sway worked and we also wanted to know if we could relax or not because our DS had some boy related complications and it was a very stressful time for us. Now it doesn't seem like a big deal to find out because we have things from the kids we can reuse although we'd have to get more boy clothes if we had another boy because we didn't really keep DSs clothes after we found out we were having a girl since we thought we'd be done after 2.

Kalon - I don't think I could convince myself for quite awhile to give up baby clothes. I hate how attached I get sometimes!

Well, at least you didn't get rid of everything. My cousin is expecting her 3rd child next month. It was completely unplanned and didn't find out till she was 6 months along. She as on birth control and they've been done since their second who is 5 years old. Third girl.. she had literally just got rid of the rest of her baby items the summer before.

Ouch that would really suck! I couldn't imagine getting rid of everything because I think I'm done having kids and then find out that I'm pregnant shortly after. I'm attached to some of my DD's baby clothes and it will be hard to get rid of them but I didn't feel the same attachment for DS's clothes. There are a couple I kind of miss but it wasn't terribly emotional to get rid of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->