Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Hi ladies!
Hope you are all well and having a lovely weekend. We have a lot to organise for DHs grandmother the funeral,her house and belongings etc so I may be a little quiet for the next week or so.
Lit - just wanted to tell you my nausea started at 6 weeks to the day and it was mild for a few days,now its started kicking up a notch. And I still dont have sore boobs now! So dont panic,apart from that I still dont feel pregnant even though ive seen the proof!
Lots of baby dust to the ttc ladies,and hope everyone is great x x

I did another test this morning and the positive line is so faint it's almost a BFN. :cry: I think this is the beginnings of another miscarriage.

OH has gone to get a FRER test in case the superdrug one I did today was faulty or something. I think he's still really hopeful, but I've pretty much lost all hope now. :(

Just did another Superdrug test! It's a lot darker this time - PHEW - must have had a dud test earlier. It's still lighter than I thought it should be by now, but perhaps I'm just a slow hormone producer? I remember my doctor once saying that some ladies don't even get a positive until their period is over a week late. I think seeing all these dark BFP's online is making me paranoid! I'll see my doc for bloods next week. :thumbup:

Phew teacup. Glad all is well. :hugs:

I just tested again and I don't see a line today :nope: guess ill give it a few days.

Thats a good sign Teacup! darker is darker!

Sara- have you tested again?

xxx

It was darker than the one earlier but I compared it to the one a week a go and I would say it's a tiny bit lighter. Also I have just seen I have started spotting brown. :cry: Not looking good. I still am getting nose bleeds and boob pain though. I'm really hoping the brown cm is left over implantation bleeding but I'm not too hopeful after my faint tests today. :( Oh well - I only knew I was pregnant for 6 days, but you can't help getting excited.

Can you not call doctor too get blood tests! Dont get yourself down! Its common to bleed early on xxx

Lindsay - Thanks for being really understanding. After I wrote that post, I was afraid everyone would judge me. It is really difficult to bond with a baby when you have a lot of doubts about his/her survival. I just can't wait to get out of these early days so I can breathe a bit easier.

Hahah...-17C for you. ;) As I said to Crys, it was -41C with the windchill here yesterday! -17C still is really cold, but it's just been really brutal the last few days here! :wacko: I guess we both need to bundle up and stay in as much as we can!

Linny - That is good to know that you felt very similar to when you mc-ed this early on. I've definitely read and heard from others that morning sickness seems to start around 6 weeks (or even 7). However, all my stupid pregnancy apps have been telling me "You're probably suffering from a lot of nausea now" since 4 weeks! It's ridiculous. But hopefully my symptoms will start ramping up at 6 weeks or so. And I know that lots of women don't even get morning sickness, so I suppose that is reassuring.

Ljs - That is also good to know about your symptoms. It must be so nice to have had that early scan even though I know the circumstances surrounding it were rather stressful. Sorry you have so much to do for your dh's grandmother's funeral. Those are never fun tasks but I hope you all can get through it okay.

Teacup - It sounds like maybe that one Superdrug test was a dud as you said. Are you still going to try a FRER? I find FRERs give a lot nicer lines which can be reassuring. Good plan to see your doctor for blood work next week but try not to panic until then. It's very common to start spotting around the 5 week mark. A lot of people with healthy pregnancy have been telling me recently that they had spotting around this time. It *can* be normal. So just take deep breaths and try to relax. Maybe watch a show to distract yourself? Also, 6 days is plenty of time to be excited and love your baby. I have only known I'm pregnant for 10 days, yet I've been so consumed with it that it feels like months already. Every second has felt soo long and drawn out.

Slg - Oh, shoot. :( Sorry about the BFN. Good idea to wait a few days. When is AF due for you according to usual LP?

Blue - How are you doing? I forget if you've Oved yet?

Ugh - I tested on a digital and only got a 2-3. :( I should have waited longer to test but I think part of the reason I tested today when I'm just hovering around the 5 week mark is because I can at least justify it to myself that it's still 2-3 because it's probably not accurate down to the exact day. But mostly I just feel this is a confirmation of what I already thought. My pregnancy is no longer progressing as it should. I will test again on Tues or Wed I guess... but I'm not feeling great. I think I might leave a message with my doctor on Monday that I'm feeling worried and would like her to check if my hCG is doubling. Surely she would at least call to check in on me? I wish the stupid instructions didn't keep shoving "The test is 92% accurate" in my face!

Lit im so sorry your feelIng down but I wouldnt go with them. But if you need to get bloods done to reassure you then id phone. Sending big hugs your way! And I dont know if I have o'd think it might be today or tomorrow! Bored of waiting and im raw with bding (sorry guys haha but I am). Might give it one last go tonight and then be done with the month lol. I dont think it will happen anyway. Really strong feeling that it wont.

Slg sorry for neg honey! Still have my fingers crossed for you xxx

I think my ovaries are arguing as to which one is going to release the egg... feeling uncomfortable on both sides at different times. I just hope at least one releases an egg and hopefully a big healthy one.

How is everyones weekend going ? Xxx

Blue - My ovaries always seem to argue back and forth for a few days and then on the day I ovulate the pain is a lot more definitive. It makes sense since there are follicles developing on both sides. I hope you ov soon. Awful that you're all raw from BDing. :(

DH and I are both so scared. We just sat at the kitchen table and cried this morning. I really, really don't want this to be over.

Sara - sorry to hear you got another BFN, I hope you get your BFP in the next couple of days! xx

Ugh - I tested on a digital and only got a 2-3. :( I should have waited longer to test but I think part of the reason I tested today when I'm just hovering around the 5 week mark is because I can at least justify it to myself that it's still 2-3 because it's probably not accurate down to the exact day. But mostly I just feel this is a confirmation of what I already thought. My pregnancy is no longer progressing as it should. I will test again on Tues or Wed I guess... but I'm not feeling great. I think I might leave a message with my doctor on Monday that I'm feeling worried and would like her to check if my hCG is doubling. Surely she would at least call to check in on me? I wish the stupid instructions didn't keep shoving "The test is 92% accurate" in my face!

Isn't 2-3 correct? It counts from ovulation doesn't so that's about right if you're 5 weeks? I think that's good news! Stay positive Lit, everything is going to be fine! :hugs: xx

AFM - After my ghostly faint positives at 5 weeks I'm feeling very unhopeful. What will be will be, but at the moment I'm thinking of myself as not pregnant and will be thrilled if proven otherwise. I'll phone the doc on Monday and make an appointment for next week. Cried a little this morning but am more level headed about everything now.

Teacup - I am 5 weeks 1 day so I should be 3+. Technically yeah 2-3 counts "3" in it but I would think since I am over 5 weeks it should be 3+ already. Sigh. I did an IC with SMU just to have the reassurance of a darker line and it is very dark, so that is reassuring, not that it means anything. I have been googling my predicament all morning, and I even found a post where one girl only got a "1-2" with FMU at almost 6 weeks and so she got blood work that very day and her hCG was actually 4000. When she tested with a digi that afternoon, she got a 3+. So I am really hoping that the digitals are as unreliable as this girl made it sound. Also, I found online some fine print where it said the tests are "92% accurate for dating purposes +/- 5 days." Well, 5 days is a lot! That could mean it might not give me a 3+ for 4 more days yet. Idk. I am not feeling too hopeful, but I have a tiny shred of hope from this.

I am so sorry your lines are so faint and you don't feel like there is any point even hoping you're pregnant. The fact is you're definitely pregnant if you have any sort of a line, but I am so sorry that it's so up in the air right now. I hope your blood results shed some light about what's going on. :hugs:

Teacup - I am 5 weeks 1 day so I should be 3+. Technically yeah 2-3 counts "3" in it but I would think since I am over 5 weeks it should be 3+ already. Sigh. I did an IC with SMU just to have the reassurance of a darker line and it is very dark, so that is reassuring, not that it means anything. I have been googling my predicament all morning, and I even found a post where one girl only got a "1-2" with FMU at almost 6 weeks and so she got blood work that very day and her hCG was actually 4000. When she tested with a digi that afternoon, she got a 3+. So I am really hoping that the digitals are as unreliable as this girl made it sound. Also, I found online some fine print where it said the tests are "92% accurate for dating purposes +/- 5 days." Well, 5 days is a lot! That could mean it might not give me a 3+ for 4 more days yet. Idk. I am not feeling too hopeful, but I have a tiny shred of hope from this.

I am so sorry your lines are so faint and you don't feel like there is any point even hoping you're pregnant. The fact is you're definitely pregnant if you have any sort of a line, but I am so sorry that it's so up in the air right now. I hope your blood results shed some light about what's going on. :hugs:

I wouldn't put too much into what the digital says, I think 2-3 is correct because you have only just reached 5 weeks, so that means you're in the right category. I bet if you tested with a digital in a few days you will get 3+. I know it's hard not to worry, but it sounds like you haven't got anything to suggest things are going wrong.

I have a digital test but I'm too scared to use it, it will probably say 1 week judging by the faint lines I had this morning. :( xx

Teacup- in the early days the fluctuating hormones in urine and different tests can really mess about with your head. I did over 30 tests #shameonme. A lot seemed lighter, only the frers were ever reliable. As in, they'd get progressively darker, the line never smudged. Honestly, lots of heartache was saved by testing exactly same time with a frer.... After 10 wonky tests went in the bin this was my system!!! So, I know it's hard but try not to worry!

Blue- sorry you're all raw pet! Have you tried that baby making lubricant before?? preseed?? Might help with the mega bd sessions?

LJ - glad to hear you've seen the proof, I must've missed you going for a scan! That's great! X

LL- the 3+ happens at over 2000 hcg, which is pretty high, with my betas I decided to test at 5w 4d because I knew it ought to have hit it by then if doubling was ok. And it had but I wasn't sure it would before then. Betabase says that at 5w1d the average beta is 1700 ish and about 30% were only 1300! these were all healthy babies. So a lot of women won't get the 3+. You're more likely to get it tomorrow or even better the day after. Don't despair lovely, I know why you're feeling this way but from the outside I can still see plenty of good reasons to hope and sit tight for another test. I wish that flipping doctor would call you back too! Xxx

Linny - Thanks, Linny. I suppose I do still have a chance. It's just so hard. How are you feeling?

Teacup - I would not recommend using a digi! It is not worth the heartache! Thanks for the reassurance. Eek, it's all so scary. I really want us both to have healthy babies. :hugs:

Hey girls I think both of you are going to be ok! I was always told that with the digi when it says 2-3 weeks its really means 3-4 so I never worried when mine said 2-3 when I was 5 with the twins!

Linny- I am using pressed! Haha hes been extra frisky and lasts more than once and doesnt pull out to reapply! I think the preseed even wants a break ahaha! Xxx

LL- It is, it is so hard love, I don't know how we all do it. I couldn't listen to the advice I'm giving now a few weeks ago. I knew it was all over with a certainty. Me and df clutched each other in tears. I guess what I'm saying is nothings for certain actually..., no matter how convinced you might feel.

I'm doing ok, still paranoid about spotting, I had some more 2 mornings ago. It really pisses me off but I can't keep being on high alert every time , I think I've been alarmed so often now I'm almost past responding you know? Anyway, on a lighter note, got a lot of Christmas shopping sorted today, and df has promised me an all over massage tonight. !

Blue - haha! Blimey, well done to your chap! That's quite impressive! :) less impressive on the ole tender bits though :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->