Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Hello. I'm new. Need someone else to bug other than my husband. lol We lost our daughter after 8 months of pregnancy. We are currently TTC. It is ovulation 'season' and I am spotting. Kind of scared. Any suggestions?

Hi lymities. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you have found us here :) what makes you nervous about your spotting? Have you had a period yet?

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!

Great news, Lj! I am very happy for you!

Lymit- so sorry about your loss but welcome here!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

lymit - I'm so very sorry for your loss. It must've been terribly difficulty. Welcome to our thread. This is a great group of supportive ladies.

Ljs - Yay! I'm so happy for you!

LL - I'm glad you're feeling a bit more optimistic.

Linny - Can't wait to see a picture of your little one! Good luck with the rh- stuff.

slg - I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope you can find something that does the perfect job to help you ovulate.

Blue - Hope AF didn't give you too much trouble over Christmas.

Lindsay - I'm glad the insomnia is better and you are getting some rest.

Limit - I'm so sorry for your loss. I dont know if there is any advice I could give you other than that fear does dull down a little. I lost my twin boys at 20 weeks and was the same when we started ttc again.

Did they find out what happened and why you lost your little angel?

Af was ok. Onto another month and Dons father has taken a stroke. So festivities have gone quickly for us. Hope you all are well. Will catchup when I can.

Xxx

emma: so sorry to hear about your father in law. I hope it wasn't too serious.

Blue - Very sorry about Don's father! That's no good at all. I hope he is okay and recovers quickly.

AFM - I am using Linny's tactic and comforting myself with statistics today. With my research just now, I discovered that missed miscarriages are actually very rare and only occur in 1% of pregnancies. I know that is zero comfort to those of you who have suffered an MMC, but I do find this very comforting since 2 m/cs in a row is also fairly uncommon, so combined with the fact that I haven't had even a spot of bleeding, it is extremely unlikely that I am having an MMC. Phew! It doesn't fully convince me that things are well, but it does make me feel a little better. Plus, I just puked, so that's nice. :)

Lymitles- I'm so sorry to hear that, that must be so very difficult. Was there a reason given? I hope you find the support you need , I know this group has been great for all the women in it. X

Blue - oh no I'm sorry to hear about dons dad. I hope he recovers well! X

Cryss - mine was great thanks! Hope yours was too? X

LL - glad you're also finding some comfort in the warm glow of statistics :) you're right, they don't completely wipe away fears, but I refer back to a few key ones whenever I'm having a wobble. And I see you're 8 weeks! Congrats love. When's your gp appt? It's soon right? I'm very excited for you, it's all going perfectly! X

Emma - I'm so sorry about Don's father. I hope he recovers quickly without any lasting side effects.

Linny - Thank you! I can't believe I actually made it to 8 weeks! I remember feeling jealous when other people were at 8 weeks because it feels like such a big milestone to me that I never made before. My GP appointment is this coming Monday, so not far away at all! :)

And you are past 12 weeks already, missy! Just a few more days til you're safely in the 2nd trimester! :happydance: I'm so thrilled with how well your pregnancy is going as well!

Well....my progesterone is, as the doctor's office said, "excellent". So looks like we'll be trying again.

Thank you, LL. As soon as I said we'll be trying again, I got nervous. Lol.

That is very understandable, but at least you know you have a very good chance and your body is working properly. 3 m/cs in a row is very rare and it's very unlikely that it would happen to you. I know that's not much comfort when you've had the experiences we've had, but hopefully it can be a bit reassuring. :hugs:

Teacup - How are you doing these days, dear? How was your Christmas? Will you be TTC again soon?

Emma - Sorry to hear about your father-in-law, I hope he has a speedy recovery. :hugs: xxx

AFM - All our friends have been announcing pregnancies, it makes me think - well if they have healthy pregnancies, why can't we? I'm sure you're all on my wave length! My sisters second baby is due any minute now. Feeling pretty broody now!

I haven't ovulated yet, even though it's cd 19 since my second miscarriage. I had an almost positive opk a few days ago, so maybe my body tried and failed. I always get tender boobs after ovulation so I know for sure I haven't missed it yet.

I hope everyone has had a good Christmas! Ours was good, quite relaxing and quiet. It always goes far too quickly. xx

Teacup - I know how you feel. Even though I'm pregnant, I've had 3 pregnancy announcements from friends/acquaintances in the past week, and one in particular felt like a stab in the gut (my sister's sis-in-law will be giving my sister her first niece or nephew instead of me :(). I know for sure this is her first pregnancy, so it's hard to swallow when things just go so well for people and they probably don't even realize the hardships so many people go through while they just sail through with ease. It really is a difficult thing to bear. I am so sorry you are feeling down, but it is obviously completely understandable and you are doing so well under the circumstances.

I think it's common to ovulate late after an m/c. I am sure your body will get there soon. My body always teases me for a few days and makes me worry it will never ovulate, but it always comes through in the end. I'm sure yours will do the same. Good luck!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas :)

Lymitles, very sorry to hear about your loss :hugs: There is a lovely group of ladies here and you are very welcome :)

Ljs, I'm so glad to hear your scan went well :happydance: What a wonderful Christmas present :)

LL, look at you - 8 weeks!! Glad to hear you're comforting yourself with statistics :) I did (and still do) that too. The best part of that strategy is that with every day that passes, the statistics get more comforting!

Blue, sorry to hear about your OH's father - I hope it wasn't too serious and that he will recover quickly. Sorry to hear that AF got you too :( I hope 2014 will be a better year for you than 2013.

Crys, that's wonderful news about your progesterone! I'm sure your rainbow will be coming along soon :)

Teacup, I'm sure your rainbow will be coming along soon too! I think it's quite normal for ovulation to be a little late following a m/c. Are you planning on trying again right away, or are you going to wait the cycle out? Glad you had a nice relaxing Christmas, you're right, it does seem to go far to quickly!

AFM, things are going well. We had a very nice Christmas and it's been a busy week with visiting family and friends. Today I've had a much needed lazy day. Our little guy got very spoiled for Christmas and I'm getting the feeling I'm not going to need to buy him very much in terms of clothing or toys for quite a while, lol.

Lindsay - that is so nice that your little guy got so spoiled! He deserves it! I am glad you had a lazy day today. I did too! I slept for most of it, actually. I think I was living on some sort of energy reserve for all the gatherings and now my body is desperate to fuel up again!!

LL- that's great news, will you ask to try the Doppler or wait it out? And will you ask for a scan or wait that out too? I think all your symptoms and the fact you're definitely over the hump is great. Xx

Cryss- great to hear that! And I'm glad to hear you're trying again, it is understandlable to be nervous of course but it will all be worth it. X

Teacup - it is tough, I've had a lot of quite bitter thoughts recently about people I know who have been so outrageously unhealthy all their lives and had children at my age no problems. No spotting, no pain, no mcs, all perfect. It just doesn't add up. ..But, try to hold on to the fact that a third loss would be unusual rather than the norm. I can imagine it doesn't feel like it at all but you are far more likely to have a take home baby next time. Xx

Lindsay- oh great stuff, I love helpful Christmas gifts and they'll be great! I can't wait to have a lazy day, we're still at the rellies and when I get back I go to work the following day. Boo hoo. Next weekend I plan on doing exactly zero! X

Afm - well I had a good day yesterday as my sis in law and I had a good chat. She lost a baby before having her two kids. And she is a lot like me in character. She also got a Doppler, and it was just so good to hear that she felt all the same feelings as I do and yet got through her pregnancy and even enjoyed it eventually. So, yeah that was really reassuring. X

Linny - I'm glad you had a good chat with your sister-in-law. It can be so helpful to talk to someone face-to-face who has had a similar experience. I only know one person, but talking to her was definitely helpful. I know you'll be able to enjoy your pregnancy very soon! You're almost completely over the really scary stage.

I will ask when I can get an ultrasound. I'm not sure when she'll let me, but I'll definitely ask. Probably won't ask about the doppler unless she brings it up.

AFM - If you count my afternoon and evening naps yesterday plus my sleep last night, I slept about 18 hours. :wacko: Baby must have been having a major growth day. I'm hoping that it will be enough to keep me going for today since we're going back to my parents' to spend one last day with my sister and her husband before they travel back home.

How is everyone else today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"