Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Blue - Thanks. I am looking forward to the 2nd trimester "energy boost" everyone talks about, but I do wonder if it's a myth.

Don't count yourself out because of lack of signs. I never really had any symptoms/signs with my BFPs.

Linny - I honestly don't think I'll end up exercising this entire pregnancy. I will probably buy a pre-natal pilates DVD, but I was lazy enough before I got pregnant that I doubt it will change now that I'm pregnant, tired, and soon to be carrying 40 extra pounds! :haha: So good for you for planning to get to the pool more! I am looking forward to hitting the outdoor pools in the summer when I am huge and overheated since we don't have A/C in our house.

As for your friend, I can see it from both perspectives. I know from a previous crappy relationship that I felt absolutely horrible whenever anyone said something negative about my bf, and it never would have influenced my decision to leave him (you have to come up with that on your own)...it just made me feel alienated and unsupported by my friends and family. However, I've also watched close friends be mistreated by guys and have them refuse to leave them...and I've wanted so desperately to just tell them that he doesn't deserve them! It is such a slippery slope, really. But I'm glad you've mended ways, and hopefully in the long run she will consider what you said and maybe realize on her own that he's not worth the trouble. I totally understand feeling like it's too late to find anyone else, but she shouldn't let that be her excuse to be unhappy for as long as she's with him. Poor girl.

Kim - Wow, 2 boys! I sure hope you have a girl this time! I know my sis-in-law has 2 boys and she says if they want a 3rd, they will adopt this time so she can guarantee having a girl! :haha: She says there's no way she's going to get stuck with 3 boys! I am sure you will feel happy either way, though. :winkwink:

Lindsay - That is understandable that in a smaller company when he's so new he wouldn't want to leave them in the lurch. There's so much more to a job than just your basic legal rights. If you want to stay there long-term, you really have to impress them. I hope something can be worked out with taking a bit of unpaid time or reducing his hours even just a little bet. Even if they gave him a bit of flexibility in his hours, like he could come in later or something, that would be great. I'm sure you don't want to get your hopes up, but I do think these things usually end up working themselves out, and most companies will want to accommodate young families. :)

I will definitely try to keep my protein intake up! I used to snack on nuts before I got sick at 6 weeks, but now I can't stomach them. Hopefully in the 2nd trimester I can start that back up again.

Teacup - Wow, I'm so sorry! It really is true that all bets are off after an m/c. You must have ovulated later than you though...which means you still might not be out? You never know. :hugs:

AFM - Please do *not* think this is any sort of permanent or even long-term change in disposition (I think you all have learned by now that my moods change constantly), but I am in a VERY sunny mood today. It's FINALLY Friday after the world's LONGEST week, I am 11 weeks, I haven't had any more spotting, I have a beautiful SUMMER baby on the way, and I get to be pregnant alongside a couple friends! Today I am just focused on the positive and feeling good. I wish I could keep this up for longer than a day, but I'm afraid I'm typically a glass-half-empty kind of girl.

Sorry for the negs ladies! :( its a crap feeling. People keep saying to me 'your one month closer to your bfp" if you take peace in that.

Im hoping tests will arrive tomorrow. If not then I suppose it will be monday before I will no either way. Been a bit crampy tonight. Rather uncomfortable xxx

Lit woohoo on the positive thinking! Enjoy being preggers!!! Xxxx

Lindsay - thanks for the info! I don't think I'm really getting that much at all then?, I'm veggie and unfortunately due to earlier nausea have lived mostly on a diet of toast and other carbs. I've added fish in recently because I had a feeling eggs just weren't enough of a protein source. I'll ask my mw next week about adding things to my diet! X

Teacup - oh rubbish :hugs: I hope the witch arrives soon then and let's you get back to a normal cycle x

LL - hurray for feeling positive! But don't worry, I'll try and remember that this is only temporary :haha: but seriously, that is just great! :hugs: Also happy to know there's a fellow excercise-avoider! Man I hate it! I feel better after but there is so much drama in the lead up it's hardly worth it! Lol, bizarrely my DF is a super fit health nut type. Poor man!

Blue - hoping your preg tests turn up today missus. Fingers crossed! How are you feeling today anyway? Any return of things? X

Linny I was crampy last night but its away again today and I dont have tender breasts or anything. I wouldnt say im any more tired than usual... I just dont see it being a positive at all. I can remember practically falling asleep behind the wheel and my boobs where soo sensitive ! Xxx

Tests came... Negative.... 13th cycle due Monday... woow... not. X

Linny - Haha, yay for exercise-avoiders!!! At least you don't have to worry about your husband gaining pregnancy weight along with you. :haha:

Blue - I am very sorry about your negative. :hugs: I know that you are so fed up right now.

AFM - Well, I was right that my sunny outlook wouldn't last long. DH was feeling extremely anxious about the baby last night and in comforting him I ended up doubting myself and getting anxious again as well. Then this morning I finally gave in and we BDed after 9 weeks without it :)wacko:), and of course immediately after I got bright red spotting. :cry: I know it is more than likely just from BDing, but it's terribly upsetting anyway and now I'm so stressed...once again. The 27th can't come soon enough.

Hope everyone else has a good weekend.

Blue - :hugs: I really thought this was your month love! This might not be a good time to say it but, you ARE one step closer to your beautiful rainbow. Do you have plans to do anything differently next cycle? Are you going to go in and talk to your doc or give it a bit more time? Xxx

LL - oh god, :hugs: I hate spotting with a passion. I know It never gets easier to see it, even when there's a good explanation for it. But, there IS a good reason for it as you know and there's usually absolutely nothing wrong with a bambino with spotting....except for the drama it causes for you! Roll on the 27th! Xx

Ahhh blue there is nothing i can say... :(

LL even though we all know spotting is normal especially after bding... it is still scary as heck hope its stopped by now.

Going to see him monday. Buy there wont be any difference next cycle as they wont have the meds to help in time for this month. And plus dont know if it will help at all. Xxx

Teacup, sorry to hear about the bfn :( If AF is truly on her way, I hope she arrives soon so you can start with fresh cycle :hugs:

LL, sorry to hear about the spotting, I'm sure it was DTD that was the culprit. You probably just have a sensitive cervix. Hang in there, the 27th is coming soon :hugs: Hopefully the positive outlook will come back soon... you're right, you WILL have a beautiful summer baby :)

Linny, I was the same way with the nausea and going for carbs. Even now, carbs appeal way more than things so it's been a bit of work trying to make better choices about what I'm eating, but this week has gone pretty well :)

Blue, so sorry to hear about the BFN :( :hugs: Why can't AF just leave you alone :( I'm glad you've got an appointment with the doctor on monday, hopefully he'll be able to get the ball rolling with some tests or other suggestions. We'll all be here cheering you on!

AFM, ended up not having an ultrasound yesterday. They called me at 3 and said they had accidentally told my doctors office my appointment was at 4:30 when it was actually supposed to be at 2:30. So, now it's on wednesday. Rather annoying because I had rescheduled work, and now I have to reschedule work again... I'm not sure what I'd do if I had a regular 9 - 5 job.

Lindsay - that is really annoying that they had to reschedule your ultrasound! It's too bad when those mix-ups happen.

Linny, Kim and all- thanks for understanding the stress of spotting! Thankfully there has been no spotting since right after dtd so that really was probably all it was.

Blue - it is annoying how much time everything takes, but at least you will finally be getting those tests and help is on the way!

Blue - oh right, I guess the sooner you go in though, the faster you get the ball rolling though. Do you know what meds they'll try? Xx

Lindsay - what a pain in the bum! Good luck for weds and rescheduling though....yeah having a flexible job seems to be necessary when pregnant...I'm not sure what I'd do if my company were super strict 9-5 types either!

LL - hurray for no more spotting! It's such a tricky thing re: dtd because I found I wanted to, and obvs so did df, but I couldn't really enjoy it because it's what started my second round of spotting at 9 weeks....the trouble is that we tend to bicker /argue more when we're not 'intimate' - not badly - but it still has an effect on us. Argh! Wish we didn't spot! You'll be glad to know though on all the occasions since turning 12 weeks I've had no issues. I waited till 13 to be sure. So hopefully you can get on with enjoying things later on xx

Thanks, Linny. I hope that is the case for us too. I agree I think we bicker more when we're not intimate as well, and DH has a really hard time with it, so I feel mean holding out on him. I think we'll wait til 13 weeks and try again as well.

I do wish we didn't spot ever! Lucky people who never do.

Well cycle day 42 today and still no AF! Also my boobs really hurt down the sides just like when I was pregnant. I think I'll give it a couple more days and then maybe test again? Do you think there is any chance? :shrug:

LL - Sorry to hear about the spotting! Glad it's stopped and was just from your sensitive cervix. :thumbup: Only a week until your scan! xx

Blue - Sorry you got a BFN. :( You aren't out until the red lady sings though! xx

Shes beginning to show today.

Teacup theres every chance! Keep my fongers crossed for you! Xxx

Teacup - There is definitely still a chance. You're not out yet!!!

Blue - Aww, sorry AF seems to be making an appearance. How annoying and disappointing. :hugs:

AFM - I hadn't thrown up in a couple weeks - was just feeling mildly nauseous when hungry - but I threw up this morning right before I was supposed to leave for work. I decided to stay home for an extra hour or two just to let my stomach settle (because I do NOT want the whole workplace knowing I'm preg when they all hear me puking)! eek.:wacko:

Also - I've been suffering from some very annoying insomnia the last few weeks. At first I thought it was just from anxiety/stress because after I got up in the night to pee, I'd lie awake for hours worrying. But now it's still happening, even if I'm not thinking of anything at all. It's getting really, really frustrating...especially when I had to get up 3 times last night!!!

Blue - I'm sorry AF got you. :nope: Please let us know how your doctor's visit goes.

LL - Hope you can keep the nausea at bay at work and that the insomnia leaves you as quickly as it came.

Teacup - You are for sure still in. And side boob pain is a great symptom!

Lindsay - That stinks about your ultrasound. Glad you can rearrange things easily and go to the newly scheduled one.

How is everyone else doing?

Rather disappointed with doctor to be honest. He basically said that there's nothing that he can do. If he referred us to the fertility clinic they would just turn us away because it "only been a year" apparently according to him the average to fall pregnant is 18 months. and that its just luck before that. Says he will look into a SA for Dons but he doesnt see it being a problem because we got pregnant a year ago. Said he will send me to the Gynecologist for them to test and see if have polycystic ovaries again because its unclear (but he doesnt think i do because of regular periods and normal hormones). So pretty much a wasted trip. He just wasnt entertaining at all. said he cant give drugs like clomid and femera because hes just a GP...*

he is also convinced ill be pregnant in the next 6 months... i dont see it...*

Told me to go home and forget about trying, have sex and it will happen. I think hes been thinking Dons has been sticking his penis in my ear!! We arent stupid we know the practicalities of it!!

Came home and got right into my onsie and now lying on the couch feeling sorry for myself xx

Awww Blue! That stinks. I'm sorry he wasn't helpful.

Lol about the ear. Maybe if he gets Dons in for the SA that will at least get the ball rolling.

Did AF actually show yesterday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"