Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

DHEA is a precursor to estrogen :) It seems to be very commonly used for egg quality.

Cryss & sara - Ahhhh! How interesting! i've been taking fish oil all this time assuming it's in there :haha: - and not really having any idea what it does lol... Talking of interesting threads - This is a thread I linked from way back because the lady seemed to be taking a lot of supplements (including DHEA) and was over 40 with a natural bfp on them https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...fp-dhea-coq10-vitex-black-cohosh-low-amh.html

Waw just read that ladies post.... it was long... im none the wiser as to what she actually took the month of her bfp?

DHEA ... where can I find this? Ima gonna give it a bash...maybe ? Xxx

Lol blue . It's pretty epic isn't it! I saw some in the health food store recently (could ask at holland and Barrett?) or can get it online quite easily. X

Lol Linny. You definitely need the DHA but absolutely no DHEA while pregnant. That's the person I was looking for earlier. I found it and have been researching hers and others supplements most of the day.

Blue - You can find DHEA just about anywhere but do your research. After researching it today, I'm not ready to take that plunge. If you don't know your actual levels and whether you need it or not it can make things worse. As well it's not recommended for people with PCOS due the testosterone.

I've bought OvaBoost, royal jelly, CoQ10, more prenatals and FertilAid for DH. Lordwilling this cocktail will do the trick.

Kim - Thanks! I really do feel so blessed to have new life inside of me. It's an exciting feeling (and a big responsibility)! I really do feel so privileged, as I know it can be difficult to get pregnant and/or stay pregnant for so many.

Just wonderful LL! Gave me goosebumps reading your post.

Crys - Aww! That's so sweet! I hope your cocktail of supplements does the trick this month!

Linny - Thanks! I can't wait to feel a kick. Have you felt a kick yet? I can't remember now!

Sara - :hugs: Thanks

I'm not taking DHEA right now either. Mostly because it's a precursor to estrogen and in my health situation extra estrogen is dangerous. Hopefully my herbs are doing the trick. I'm feeling positive right now and I'm encouraged that in the last couple weeks I'm getting a cycle pattern of cervical fluid. Come on period!!

Yeah. They say DHEA increases your androgen levels which, in higher concentrations in follicular fluid, helps increase egg quality.

I just properly read the ladies post - blimey she did her research. Mind you though, she knew exactly what her hormone levels were so could accurately tinker about with her hormones lol - What I really like about that is that she's not at the mercy of the medical system, it's empowering...The general public are not any less capable of understanding their own health and well being if they have all the facts and are willing to do the research. Power to the people etc! :haha:

Actually - on the topic of supplements - i've taken N-Acetyl Cysteine (an anti-oxidant supplement) since ovulation - 600mg every day. A study showed that it boosted pregnancy rates by 40% and lowered miscarriage odds by 60% and loads of other benefits - it's perfectly safe to take during pregnancy so I thought - why not, it might help and it won't hurt. All the studies on it are collected here: https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/supplements-and-miscarriage/n-acetyl-cysteine

LL - I'm feeling weird things - but I can't figure out if they're LO or not, it's like a little twitchy squiggly feeling down low...not the pops or flutters people usually report....I've really no idea! The mw said she'd put it down as fetal movement anyway. I'll take that! Glad you're feeling good about it all again! Bet you it was a bm spotting - I know it's gross but to me that's the only reasonable explanation! x

Afm - midwife yesterday had not much to say about being breathless (it happens) but said I had low blood pressure and had dropped significantly since first reading but there's nothing they can give for it except recommend eating regularly. I eat hourly so i've no idea how i could get any more regular :haha:

Just checking in ladies!
Sorry im so useless recently, but im just starting to feel a bit more human the last few days, so hopefully this nausea is on its way out!
Omg soooo much to read and catch up on!
Lit- so delighted for you that little heartbeat is pounding away in there!! Good work mama!
Afm - had my 12 week scan on Friday (although a little later than 12 weeks!) And everything was just perfect. We had a trainee sonographer who really took her time so we got to see baby on the screen for about 20 mins and loads of free pictures! Little rainbow had a heartbeat of 165bpm and is measuring a day ahead. We are feeling so blessed and grateful. Still not told anyone even family yet!

Hope all the ttc-ers and pregnant ladies are doing well. I shall now start the mammoth task of catching up!
Lots of love to you all x x

Glad you bump ladies are doing all good.

I read up on it more yesterday (coq10) just left it. Im taking royal jelly just now see if it makes any difference. Whats ovaboost crys?

Been doing some exercise classes lately. Legs bumps and tums last night and im dying lol barely walk! Im sore in places I never new existed!

Xxx

Will be a year tomorrow when I found out my little fighter passed away. And a year on sat that I gave birth to my sons :( moods horrible xxx

Blue - I'm so sorry again for the loss of your little men, remember they're up there looking down at you you :hugs:. They will be the brightest star in the sky when you look up at night. I still think you should go back to the doctors armed with information. But understand if there's only one doctor around etc. Hope AF has been kind and left you in peace, I'm really praying for you, so hard [-o< xxx

Crysshae - I'm sorry again for chemical, you're dealing with it so well, you really are an inspiration :friends:. Like you said with the new cocktail of stuff it's surely got to produce a beautiful bouncy baby in no time at all!:thumbup: (for all you ladies asking for a bump pic, I've got my most tightest non pregnancy top on and just took a pic, will post from my phone in a sec) xx

Linny - My midwife was getting annoyed as everytime I saw her she'd ask if I could feel baby moving and I'd say no, she was certain I could but I guess I didn't know what it felt like or the movements weren't strong enough. I first believed it to be baby when I hit 18 weeks. You need to look after yourself with low blood pressure, with fainting etc, and lots of meals often is a good thing!:thumbup:xx

LJsMummy - So pleased to hear all's well with you, can't believe you're at 14 weeks now!! :dance:That's amazing!! When will you tell family and friends etc?? We waited to tell until I was just over 16 weeks too, I'd have waited longer but hubby has a big mouth!!:haha: I'd love to see your scan pics, can you put them up somewhere?xx

Bright - Good luck with the OPK, hope it turns positive soon so you can hit the baby dancing full swing!:winkwink:xx

LL - So so so pleased for little one's heartbeat!!:yipee: It's such a lovely sound but I remember too thinking it doesn't sound as obvious as it does for some people that post recordings online, guess they're swooshing around in lots of water so the sound doesn't carry so well. Do I detect you're after a little girly then?? I'd love a little girl, so many gorgeous outfits out there!!:flower: xx

Lindsay - Sounds like your little man was being a typical man... lazy!:haha: I can imagine it's quite daunting for you though and am glad he woke up! I hope you've got lots of rest in after your tiring weekend? Remember what they say, you need to get lots of rest in now, as rest will be bottom of the list when baby comes. I might try the ring test for fun, I'm still sure it's a girl though xx

Teacup - How are you doing?:hugs: xx

AFM - Well suddenly on Saturday it appears my bump might have popped!:blush: Well it certainly looks HUGE compared to before and there's no getting into my old shirts etc. I can still get into some jeans but with buttons undone so am opting for leggings instead. Bump pic to follow this post xx

21 weeks 3 days - Bump Pics xx

Attachments

• 21 weeks 3 days.jpg
    21 weeks 3 days.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 21 weeks 3 days2.jpg
    21 weeks 3 days2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 21 weeks 3 days3.jpg
    21 weeks 3 days3.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 8
LJ's - Great to hear from you and hear you're doing well! 12 week scan sounds like a blast - it's so nice to watch them moving about and the longer the better - i found because mine was short i was just 'checking everything was ok' - a bit longer and i can imagine it'd be enjoyable...will you go in for a 20 week one too? x

Blue - I am so so sorry this anniversary is coming up. :hugs: You're in my thoughts lovely. Will you do anything to commemorate? X

Aleeah - Amazing bump pic :) It looks like you might be one of those ladies who stays their usual shape/size except bump at front :) Am def making sure I don't end up having the same issues you had recently - so standing up slowly etc. Glad to hear i'm not the only one who either hasn't felt it early or is not sure what is happening :haha: None of the popping or fluttering descriptions really decribe it for me x

Blue - I am so sorry for your lost.:hugs: I can't believe it's been a month since I lost my little boy, it still feels like yesterday. I pray that you find comfort to get through this difficult time.:cry:

Aleeah your soo neat ! Cute baby photo! ♡

I have lanterns to let off. I just hope the weather is not too bad for them. Also Dons taking the day off work. I dont think ill be in any fit state.

Linny wont ve long and you will be nearly half way! Will you find out the sex ?

Xxx

Blue - im so sorry its the anniversary of your little soldiers coming up. I can only agree with the other ladies, they are watching over you and twinkling away in the sky at night.So sorry you're feeling miserable. But you have the right to do so and dont feel that you have to pretend to be happy for other peoples benefit.Hugs xx

Linny - we have the date for the 20 week scan ready, march 13th. Still undecided if we shall stay team yellow (my personal preference) or find out (DH is very keen to do so!).Do you have one at 20 weeks?

Aleeah - thats a beautiful neat bump! You still have a gorgeous figure just with a bump attached perfectly right at the front! People used to laugh at me when I was pregnant with DS as from behind you couldn't actually tell I was pregnant even right at the end! Im not sure when we will tell people, hubby is keen to tell sooner the better, but im enjoying it being our secret for a little longer. It will feel like if something goes wrong there are more people to be upset than just us, if that makes sense.

For anyone who would like to see, ive posted a scan pic in gender prediction, link below x x

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/gender-prediction/2113161-guesses-please-just-fun.html

Blue - Lanterns sound lovely, and i'm really glad to hear you'll have Dons with you. I can't imagine how you will be feeling but my thoughts are with you both.

And yes, I hope we will find out the sex - just 2 weeks away....i'm excited, and i must admit a little nervous X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->