Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

That is perfect Tea. Yes, it's completely normal for symptoms to come and go.

Thanks Crys. xxx I wish I had my head in a bowl like other pregnant ladies! My Mum, and sisters didn't get morning sickness so I probably wont either, but my breast soreness was the only thing I could hold onto! I really hope that this pregnancy is my third time lucky and my symptoms will creep back soon. [-o<

I hope everyone has a great weekend! OH has gone out with a friend and I'm googling scary stuff about symptoms disappearing. :-( xx

They look great teacup. I totally know how you feel teacup. I feel like im in limbo in the waiting for the 12 week slot! Or even nine ! Its so scary to even think of my scans im terrified ! Xxx

Teacup - it's still extremely early to be feeling MS. Even the people with the most extreme MS often don't get sick til 6+ weeks. And sore boobs definitely come and go. Your test progression looks GREAT!!!

Blue - I know this stage takes forever but I hope your scan comes quickly!

I hope soo too. And teacup my spre boobs came and went... they still do ! This is goi g to be our babues! Cant wait till tuesday and that should be when my babies heart starts to beat!!! Xxx

It's great to hear you sounding positive, Blue!! I believe these are your rainbow babies as well!

AFM - I didn't mention before, but I told work this week. Everyone was excited for me and most people were shocked by how far along I am already. I found the going around and telling people kind of awkward (and I'm still relying on the grapevine to reach a few more people), but it feels good to have it out in the open and be able to talk about it. As with every time I've told people, I had a mini panic about losing the baby after telling everyone, but it seems to be subsiding and I am trying to stay positive. My belly had a bit of a growth spurt this week so it makes me feel good that I can see progress.

My husband and I found out a week ago that we lost our baby at 11 weeks (I'd just been in the office two days before, when I'd seen the heartbeat and tons of movement), and we're currently waiting until we can try again.

Our OB said six weeks, and then as soon as I have a normal cycle after that, we can get going. I'm agonizing over the decision to try again, honestly. Sometimes it seems like the best plan in the world, and other times it just seems like we're gambling for another heartbreak.

It's honestly the most devastating thing I have ever experienced.

Molly - I am so sorry for your loss...and how painful that you had just heard the heartbeat a few days prior! This really is one of the hardest things to go through. :hugs: Best of luck as you start TTC again. I hope you are able to find some healing as you wait.

I personally waited for first AF and tried again. Did your dr give a reason for waiting for 6 weeks and THEN a normal cycle first?

She didn't, and I was really too stunned at the time to push for more information. Most all I've seen when I was cognizant enough to research says good to go after the first showing of AF after the miscarry.

It's possible that she said something more to effect of it being around six weeks, after the normal cycle has returned, but I was so shellshocked and honestly just trying to keep it together in her office that I can't say with any definite confidence what she said exactly. I've a follow up appointment in a week, so I'll get more detailed information then.

Tea- I never had my head down a bowl nor did my symptoms arrive till quite a few weeks in. So, despite it being very nervewracking (add in spotting!) - it was all fine. The things to really pay attention to are the darkening tests ( I did lot of obsessive peeing too!!) etc. it's going to be fine love x

LL- so glad telling work was a positive experience and that you've started to 'pop'- its really nice isn't it?

Molly - oh love, that's tough. It's inexplicable really. Have you asked to have tests done on your baby to find out potential cause? I know some women found that really helpful for making the decision to move forward but obviously not everyone wants to do that. I would also wonder why your doctor suggested such a long period of waiting. But perhaps that might be good if you're feeling uncertain? If it helps at all then actually, it's not a random gamble really - the fact is you're more than likely going to go on to have a perfectly normal pregnancy next time. It's not uncommon to fear that it'll happen again but fortunately for most women this isn't the case. X

Hi ladies I wondered if I could join you?

I've just had a mc on 18th Feb at 6w2d. Felt very sad but am much better about it now.
Hubby now wants to wait to try until August and I haven't pushed too much but will see what happens.
How soon after your mc did you all conceive? Did anyone get pg again before they had a cycle?

Welcome Molly and Gem. I'm so sorry for your losses.

Molly - It may have been what she was saying - that it could be up to 6 weeks before your next AF?

Gem - Aleeah got pregnant before her next cycle, and she is over 26 weeks now.

Gem - it took longer to conceive after my m/c than the first time. It was 4 cycle of TTC...but it was 5 cycles after the m/c because we waited til after first AF to try.

I definitely know people who conceived before they got their first AF!

welcome Gem. Sorry for your loss. I'm currently on cycle 3 post miscarriage. I've read many stories of women who got pregnant before a cycle and had a healthy pregnancy. Hope you are able to start a new pregnancy soon.

Hey to the new guys. Im so sorry you find yourself here! Sorry for your loss!!! :hug: this is such a great group of ladies. Oh soo supportive !

I hope all of you ladies are well. Ive been keeping quiet ... struggling a bit with morning sickness. 6 weeks today! Who knew lol. Teacup how are you today?

Crys, sara, bright how are you guys ? Where are you in your cycle???

Sorry for short reply if ive missed anything I really do feel sick !!! Xxxx

Hooray for feeling sick blue! though also - booo! Can your doc prescribe something for it? x

I dont want anything. I think id rather struggle on. Its no where near as bad as last time and last time I got something for It it never bloomin worked anyway! Lol. Quiet happy to blod along and wait it out. Hopefully it will pass by 12 weeks haha! ... not long to go then... xxxx

:) Good stuff! Yeah, only 6 more weeks! It does fly by! Will you try and go in for an earlier scan? I noticed round our area there were quite a few places which offered 8 weeks scans privately x

I think I will get one on the nhs at around 9-10 weeks. Or so my midwife said anyway and the doc. So hopefully!! Need to get home and get the bloods done. Lol xxx

I dont feel like its going fast its dragging!!! Haha xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"