Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Hey ladies

Cryss - b6 is great! I noticed a def improvement in energy supplementing with that ontop of pre natals.

Aleeah - happy to hear your little babe has turned, maybe that's also caused the much bigger bump too? How often are you having to go for growth scans? I ask cos I'm going for one on Monday where they said they'll assess if I need more.

Lindsay - sounds like they are keeping your best interests at heart. but I know it must be a hard decision. Presumably the emergency situations are the exception rather than the rule. I guess no way to know the real odds. Either way 38 sounds like a healthy bubs time! X

I had a bit of an exciting day. Yesterday I noticed my knickers were wet (tmi!) I thought I must be truly losing my pelvic floor :haha:. Then today I noticed I was getting really wet and it was coming from my lady bits. Checked and it wasn't thick, more like water, odourless. Anyway, I called the mw and she told me to go to the hospital directly. So, went over there, they checked heartbeat - all good. Then they measured me- no difference from 2 weeks ago. So they did a lot if prodding and thought she was lying across but wanted to get it checked so went off to try and get emergency scan. Meanwhile wanted to check it wasn't fluids I was leaking. They rolled in a trolley with a speculum and giant torch :haha: anyway, was v uncomfortable - said she wanted to speak to someone senior After. Someone senior comes in and out comes the torch again. I should say a woman was in labour in the bed next to me so it was a confusing time :haha: anyway she said she was happy it wasn't fluid, but they took a swab to check and managed to get me a growth scan on Monday. I hope they're right and she's low because she's lying across me. The bump does feel strangely uneven. She's still moving happily about so I'm not too worried.

Waw a lot of messages to catch up on.

Aleeah thanks for the scan photos. I hope mine is clear like those.

Linny - what an eventful day yiu have had.

Weight myself today and not lost any more. Managed to eat small meals throughout the day. Trying to gear myself up for dinner. Phhhhh lol

Xxxx

Crys - Sorry to hear about the crappy anovulatory cycle. I guess your body needs to get one of those out of the way once in a while. Hopefully this means your cycle will reset itself and give off the most perfect eggy this cycle! :happydance:

Aleeah - That is cute that you jump from the movement sometimes! Apparently the baby also sometimes jumps at certain noises. So cute. Unfortunately I've gone through a couple low movement days now, but I know that's probably normal at this stage in the game since some first-time moms haven't even felt any movement yet! I didn't feel movement all day Wednesday and then almost all day Thursday, and then suddenly last night I felt 4 or 5 of the strongest kicks I've ever felt! Normally they are just slight flutters, but this was actual pressure with each blow. It was the weirdest thing! Then the movement stopped again. I guess baby must have been catching up on sleep lately and suddenly needed to stretch out. :haha:

And don't worry - I AM eating plenty! I'm definitely enjoying this time of guilt-free treat indulgence. Like you, I'm making sure I get all the healthy stuff in, but in between times I'm certainly going to take advantage of the opportunity to eat some junk! :haha: The thing is, I've been so hungry that sometimes I can't keep enough food nearby at work. I am constantly re-filling my snack drawer these days! :)

I think it's wonderful that you have a nice big belly (and I'm not sure why anyone thinks they have any right to comment on a pregnant woman's size), and I agree with Lindsay that I think this means another bump photo is in order. Please indulge us!

Lindsay - As I said to Aleeah, I'm definitely eating when I'm hungry - which is all the time! :haha: We're going to have to start making more frequent grocery trips. I am the same way - I normally don't drink milk at all. That's how I know this craving is definitely pregnancy-related! Hopefully baby is profiting from the extra Calcium, although I know the chocolate lowers the absorption a bit. Good for you for getting the baby laundry done! That is one big step over and done with. It's good to know I'm not the only one who is too lazy to indulge in much nesting. It must only come over certain women. :p

Happy to report my cold is mostly better and now I'm just back to my stuffy nose that is never going to go away while pregnant! :) I'm glad you're on the mend as well.

How exciting that you might end up with a March baby! It's so funny how we all hang on to our due dates so much, but in reality we may not even end up having our babies in that same month! I am totally supportive of whatever you decide to do. It sounds like you've gotten some good medical advice, and I'm happy to hear that your OB is not "induction happy" at all. You definitely don't want to be getting pre-eclampsia so that is definitely something to consider. It will be SO exciting if you're getting induced in just over a week! All the more reason to finish up all those work obligations and put your feet up to relax for a few days! You deserve it!

How interesting that your FH is always measuring a bit small but your baby's growth is right on track! We all 'show' very definitely I suppose!

Teacup - I hope you are managing this long, hard wait okay!

Linny - What's the latest and greatest with you?

LL - glad your cold has cleared up!

Blue- keep at it missus, those small meals will keep your strength up x

Btw- anyone else had the thing that your leg hairs just don't grow anymore? It is the oddest thing. I haven't shaved in about a month and there's nothing but the mildest amount! Definitely a plus of pregnancy.

Blue - The Divergent series was good. Started it March 2nd. Finished it today. Not gonna mention any other feelings about in case someone else wants to or is reading it. Thanks for the suggestion.

My free book, The Rented Mule, was a decent read. Not overwhelmingly good but good enough to keep me interested enough to finish it.

My free book this month is The Seventh Child. I hope it's as interesting as it sounds. Think I might read The Crimson Petal and the White first. Usually need a break after finishing a book or series so I can let the characters go, but I feel myself missing the pages already!

No bother crys. I liked the books too. Let me knownof any good reads. Now I have finished them I have none more to read. Took me a lot longer to read the series than I thought due to being so tired and sicky all the time.

Teacup- when is your scan?

How are all you ladies?

Ms is still hitting me rather tough. Hoping tomorrows scan goes ok ! Getting really nervous and dont want to say that to OH incase he gets worried.

Xxx

teacup fingers crossed for you!!

Emma sorry that you are still feeling so terrible ..

Linny - re the leg hair, that totally happened to me with my last pregnancy, I normally need to shave every day! and with my ds I could go a week, it's almost like my body knew it was hard to see my legs hahaha

Lindsay, 38 weeks is more than far enough! up until about 5 years ago they used to section at 37 weeks and everything was perfect!! if it means avoiding pre-eclampsia I'd say go for it. I too had it with my first ds and ended up being induced because of it and ended up in the hospital for 6 days after since my bp wouldn't come down...

Leeah so cute that your bump is big! enjoy, glad he's flipped around for you so that you're a little more comfortable!!

ahh I soo miss being pregnant, hearing all of you wonderful ladies makes me sad that i may never be again... this waiting is so hard, I know June will be here before I know it, I just feel like we should know before then if my uterus wall is getting thicker or not... oh well.. I told OH lots of bd, to strengthen my uterus wall hahaha it's a muscle so I figure the more we contract it the better ;) hahahah

Sara where are you in your cycle?

take care ladies.

Kim

Blue - sorry ms is still rough, as long as you're managing to get in nutrients as well. Oh I'm so excited about your scan, I know it'll be just fine and can't wait for you to feel properly reassured! X

Kay - i can imagine the waiting must be really tough, I don't like not knowing things but I think you're doing the right thing getting in lots of uterus toning activities :haha: . Funny about the leg hairs, I was always one of those women who had to shave every other day. It's a bit of a liberation not to bother :)

Cryss - I found crimson petal so addictive. One of those books I felt a bit lost without after I finished it. Hope you enjoy! X

Who wrote the crimson petal?

Kim-i still have high hopes for you. I know the waiting will be tough. Have you been taking anything to help make the uterus wall thicker ?

Xxx

Blue - It's by michael Faber. I've never managed to find any other books by him in the shops. They did a mini series of it as well x

Linny - That is very weird that your leg hair stopped growing. Isn't pregnancy supposed to make you hairier? It certainly has for me! I'm even growing hairs on my chin now. :p Lovely. I am glad your problem is a lot more convenient!

Kim - I am so sorry you're missing being pregnant. I truly hope that all goes well in June and that you are given the go-ahead to try again! Would Raspberry Leaf Tea be helpful in your case as well since it tones the uterus? I am rooting for you and am fully hoping for a miraculous recovery for your uterus!

Blue - I hope your scan goes awesome. All that M/S is an excellent sign!

Thanks ladies :)

Yup I'm taking red raspberry leaf tea, it's the only thing that I've been able to find to take that may help... also doing kegels... I hope it's not all in vain!!

Hi ladies. Just popping in. Still visiting my family in CA. I'm 7 DPO and just waiting to test. Glad to hear everybody is doing well :flower:

Fingers crossed for you Kim and Sara. And thank you Linny. Rather nervous!!!! Xxx

Can't wait to hear about your scan, Blue!

Linny - Faber has a few other books on Amazon. Looks like some are related to The Crimson Petal.

Sara - Any symptoms?

Kim - I hope you go back to find a perfectly healed uterus, ready for a new baby!

Hope everyone else is feeling well.

DH and I celebrated our 17th anniversary Saturday. The years go by so quickly.

Hi ladies, 4 days late today. This is my 1st cycle after MC. My friend is advising me to give it another week before talking to my doctor. I don't fully believe that people that had no trouble conceiving "get it". I also don't want to run to my doctor every month things are weird. On one thread, a lady told me it took her months for AF to return. Should I just wait it out? Any advice?

They say it can take up to 12 weeks for AF to return. How far along were you? If you are counting from the day you started bleeding with your miscarriage, ovulation could have happened later than usual, and it will cause AF to show up later.

They say it can take up to 12 weeks for AF to return. How far along were you? If you are counting from the day you started bleeding with your miscarriage, ovulation could have happened later than usual, and it will cause AF to show up later.

ok. that's good to know. When I tested on Clearblue it said 1 - 2 weeks, so I couldn't have been more than 4-5 weeks I got a +OPK on CD15, so I assumed things were back on track, but maybe not.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->