Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Cryss - I've attached a pic - it's a wee bit blurry but you get the idea! The black shadowy part in the middle is my belly button apparently.

Lindsay - How odd! I notice I now have hairs on my belly - potentially less attractive than leg hairs :haha:. Wow, time really is flying, you're full term! How did that happen? I'm hoping it won't come to induction for you, but if it does I wish you the very very best. I can't believe our first rainbow will be born in the next few weeks! x

Blue - Woohoo! Awesome love! That's great news! I love it X

LL - amazingly no. We've been given so many hand-me-downs of all kinds that we've only actually bought some sleep suits and a baby bjorn carrier. It feels like cheating. We do have to get some bedroom furniture and sort out how that room will work (it's tiny! we were measuring things up last night) and sadly - still no contact with DSS so haven't been able to move on with sorting that room out just yet. It's now going to a 'proof' in late April where each side provides 'evidence' etc. I think if things still haven't progressed after that we'll need to just go ahead and start redecorating anyway. What about you guys? Have you got plans for baby's room? I Bet you have a girl as well. x

Sabs - I'd be raging if someone else had our name. Actually mainly because our name hasn't even been thought of yet - it's impossible to agree. I think i'd just use it anyway if we ever manage to get one nailed down. I heard good things about SMEP - good luck this cycle x

LJS - Hey love! Sorry to hear about the cold, but happy to hear the nausea's finally gone. And of course - Congratulations on your boy!

Bright - All good here thanks! X

Attachments

• scan_24w.jpg
    scan_24w.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 8
ljs, congrats on getting your second little boy.

Emma. I'm so pleased that your scan looks good. So exciting!

I'm 9 dpo and just waiting to see a second line pop up :haha:

How are you feeling about this month Sarah? Do you know if you have Ovulated ? xxxxx

LJ - Yay, I'm so happy to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your bronchitis but I'm glad you're feeling better now. Pregnancy is terrible for the immune system. Congratulations on being Team Blue! I'm glad you were blessed with 2 little boys just like you wanted! :hugs:

Blue - Hmm...with that ratio I still have a good chance of having a girl. :winkwink: Let's see if statistics are on my side...or maybe Aleeah's is the other girl.

Linny -
We have plans for the baby's room but basically nothing bought yet. DH losing his job put a damper on any of our baby shopping dreams. We might get a hand-me-down playpen from some friends, and I think my parents plan on buying us a large ticket item, although I'm not sure what. It's driving me crazy because I am such a planner and a control freak and I want to have bought EVERYTHING already but instead we have to wait for others' charity! :haha: We will definitely have to buy lots on our own though...just waiting on some more money to flow in. I am not sure if we are going to do any painting yet...we might just use decals or something. Will you paint?

2 more weeks + 1 day until we find out if you're right on that gender prediction. BTW, adorable pic of your baby girl! :)

Lindsay - Can't wait to hear what you've decided at your dr's appointment today and if there is a potential induction date!

Sara - Wow, you're getting to the very exciting part! Did you test today?

Sorry for not being around much in the last few days. Felt I needed a break from Bnb while I was in limbo. I have my second scan early tomorrow morning. Really hoping everything is okay and Baby will be in the sac this time. The last week hasn't been too bad, I have actually been willing it to not go too fast as it has been my week off with OH and also 'ignorance is bliss'. Off to Paris on Thursday so I hope I don't have to take any bad news with me.

I hope everyone else is doing okay. Lovely scan pic Emma, so glad things are going well. :thumbup: I hope I have good news too tomorrow. [-o< xxx

LL, I can't wait to hear all about your next ultrasound and to find out if you're having a boy or a girl!! I'm not doing too much work this week. Just finishing off a few reports (as of this afternoon I just have one more to do :) ) and finishing up as many projects as I feel like doing.

Sabster, I hope the SMEP works for you! That's bad luck about the pipe bursting, hopefully it gets sorted out soon. Also too bad about your DH's cousin taking your name - do you think you'll still use the name?

LJ's, congrats on team :blue:!!! How exciting :) I hope you're feeling better soon! Bronchitis and a bruised rib does not sound like fun!

Linny, love the ultrasound pic!! Your little girl is a cutie :) Yep, time sure is flying!

Slg, are you testing yet or waiting till you get home? Fingers crossed!!

Teacup, I'll be thinking about you, I really hope you get good news tomorrow morning!

AFM, I have a tentative induction date - we've requested March 29, so it will be around then depending on how busy the hospital is. I'm feeling pretty settled about it - I will be 1 day away from 39 weeks then, so it gives baby more time to cook if he needs it, and more time for my body to get things started on it's own if it's going to. Hubby's leg is getting x-rayed again on the 24th so hopefully it shows the fracture has healed and he can walk and drive again - would not be fun if he's still on crutches when the baby arrives! One of the people in my pilates class has a husband who is an acupuncturist and specializes in pregnancy so I'm going to see him tomorrow morning for a "cervical ripening" treatment - certainly can't hurt and might help so worth a try.

Teacup - I don't blame you for not sticking around much while in limbo. Tbh, it feels like forever to me that you've been waitin for this next ultrasound, so I can't imagine how long it feels to you! I am happy you were able to sort of enjoy your blissful ignorance and time off with your hubby. I truly hope you have some amazing news before your trip to Paris (which btw sounds super romantic)! :hugs: Good luck tomorrow!

Lindsay - Thanks! I feel like everyone around me is bursting with anticipation to find the gender. I keep getting asked when my u/s is...over and over and over!! :haha:

Yay! I like that your potential induction date is a nice compromise waiting til almost 39 weeks instead of 38. If that is your wish, I hope your labour starts naturally a day or two before then when the baby is ready to come out all on his own! I know you will have a LOT to do as a mom to a newborn, but I hope you'll still visit us as much as possible with updates about being a mommy! And I can't wait for the birth announcement! Ee! :happydance:

I hope your 'cervical ripening' treatment does the trick!

Hi everyone!

I'm just finishing up my first post-mc AF (it took 5 weeks to show up).

It wasn't any worse than normal, which is great. Hubby and I are getting ready to try again :)

Teacup, my fingers are crossed for you! Your first u/s was so early, I'm sure everything is great.

DH and I are currently on vacation out of state. It's wonderful!

I'm almost caught up on this thread -- I feel like I know all you ladies in real life now, after reading about everyone's journey.

Wishing everyone well!

teacup-will be thinking of you tomorrow and can't wait to hear your update that baby is looking just perfect :)

Linny-what a beautiful US pic!

Lindsay-I think seeing an acupuncturist is a fantastic idea. Much less harsh than an induction. But, however it is that your little one comes into this world will work itself out.

I am back home now. Got home last night to a sparkly clean house, fresh groceries, and beautiful flowers. I have an awesome husband!!! I tested this morning but I'm only 9 dpo. I really should wait longer. I think I ovulated this month but I didn't double check it with blood work. I just couldn't be bothered to go into the doctor. I always feel like THIS is my month. I'm so sure and yet I'm never terribly surprised when AF shows up. :shrug:

Teacup I have my fingers crossed tightly for you this morning love. Praying for you to come back with good news xx

LL - Well, we might although the paint in there is perfectly good tbh. I think decals sound like a great idea, I was looking at some recently but i'm not sure. DF is actually building a bunkbed for Step son so we can get more room on the floor for storage of his toys and so on.

I am trying to reduce any cash outflow too which means a lot of scouring of Gumtree, freecycle, and there's also a baby charity shop near us - it's all second hand but really good stuff. It's where we got our baby bjorn carrier from. Is there anything like that near you? 2 more weeks! I can't wait, i hope you'll post a picture! x

Teacup - Totally understandable, I really hope today goes well X

Lindsay - Wow, a week saturday. I think that's a great compromise, nearer where you wanted it to be and more chance to see if baby wants to come naturally. Hope your hubby's fracture has healed!

Alternatedi - Glad to hear AF wasn't too cruel to you, and you're ready to try again, I really did feel tons better after the first AF. Enjoy the rest of your holiday! x

sara - Thanks love, I think it's great you've got a positive attitude each time! Can't wait till your proven right! Will you test again today or wait out AF date? x

Afm - Good old back ache has struck again. I just can't understand why it comes and goes? It seems completely random. It was quite bad at about 4am after going to the loo, spasming muscle along the left side of my spine - impossible to sleep or lie down really. Have physio booked (free on NHS) but meantime i'm thinking of trying to get a private appt with a pregnancy masseur. It's all utterly worth it, but it'd be nice to try and halt its progress x

Thank you everyone! Just got back and it went really well! :dance: Yolk sac and Baby was there with a blinking heartbeat! I measured 6 weeks and 5 days! :wohoo: Estimated due date is the 7th November! It's so exciting! I had spent the whole week preparing for the worst. The sonographer said 'You've been busy!' when she saw how much had changed. OH had a tear in his eye. :cloud9: xxx

Yayyyyy! Best news ever!! I can feel that feeling that you have right now, disbelief, excitement and numbness all in one go! Good job mama, the little bean is happy and comfy in there! Now go enjoy Paris knowing you have a perfect little secret in there . Wooohooo! x x x x

Teacup - That's absolutely wonderful! Gave me a tear in my eye too.

Linny - I'm sorry about the back pain. Since it comes and goes, I wonder if it is due to yours or baby's position or something... I hope physio helps, and I'm sure a massage would be great.

Sara - What a great hubby you have! Fingers crossed that line turns into 2.

Alt - I'm glad AF wasn't too hard on you. Good luck this cycle!

Lindsay - It's great they compromised with you on the induction date. Hopefully your little man will come on his own before then. Acupuncture for cervical ripening sounds interesting.

LL - Hope you're doing well.

How is everyone else? I'm just waiting around. :coffee:

fantastic news, Tea. I have a huge smile for you today! :dance: <3 :dance:

Teacup! So very very happy for you! What wonderful news!

Now go and enjoy Paris! Soon you'll have a baby, and these days of freedom will be behind you :D

Teacup I am absolutely over the moon for you! This has made my week! Soo soo happy! Im sending huge hugs your way!!! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->