Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Thank you ladies. I do feel like I'm over another milestone. Dint think I will count myself as in the second trimester until 14 weeks! I usually ignore well 13 for some reason. Superstitious or I dunno lol xxx

LJ's - That's unbelievable! You have to wonder how people justify that kind of thing and are able to sleep ok. I wonder if some mothers consider that children are just extensions of themselves or something? I'm so sorry you all had to go through that, it is just heartbreaking to deny children access to parents and also siblings. I'm glad to hear that you got through it though, gives me hope that it'll all work out for us too.

DF has a legally binding contact order - like you he spent thousands on getting it (hence the legal aid route this time) - so in theory the court is on his side, and in fact all 3 of the last court visits have said that the mum is in contempt and contact should continue. But it doesn't so he again submits something to the court to that effect. But it SO slow. Anyway, this next hearing is more substantial because the mum is stating that the reason she is not allowing contact now is because SS is now 'afraid' of coming to stay with us. So, it's an all-day hearing where both parties submit evidence. Justin has a ton of evidence in photos and videos etc of SS staying with us completely happy and unafraid including the last time we ever saw him. I think if he genuinely is saying he's afraid then it's some form of parental alienation because he hasn't seen us to be afraid of anything! Sigh....he's 7 and a half so you know - it's not too much longer before he has his own voice.

Lit - I only really noticed the stretch marks last week - they're right underneath at the base and because they're much larger I just hadn't seen them before. Almost a year off sounds great! I think that's probably the best amount of time. Shame you can't get time up front, but at least you know there's no rush to go back. I'm probably off till january - so about 6 months. But because I sell work outside of my job and i'll have more time to work at home I might be able to save up extra and extend a bit. Ideally i'd like at least 8 months.

Teacup - Congrats on a good scan, and getting another one in a few weeks! Love it when an unintentional f* up results in a positive :)

Blue - I'm so so happy for you, and what a lovely scan pic. His/her face looks really well defined - do you have any personal theories as to boy or girl yet? :) RE: the doppler did you try it super super low? If you rest it on the pubic hair line and angle it down. Also, move it really really slowly. It can be a pain to get it x

Afm - I keep waking up at 5am with a head full of plans these days. Time seems to be whizzing by and there's so much to do - or so it seems. Not complaining :)

Hello ladies !

Teacuo! Woohoo for great scan soo please and jel of your extra scan!! :happydance:

My scan also went really well! Baby was a little monkey ! Wouldnt do what he/she was told !! Kept wiggling about and took the woman half an hour to get her measurements! (Mummy didnt mind though she was overly pleased at the jumping about!) Everything else went great. We are over the moon! Woman actually shouted at my stomach... was a tad awkward!

Had to do a few bum wiggles in the air and a few star jumps... and baby still sat the wrong way for her haha! Thats my baby!

Linny- I got your doppler! I cant find heartbeat yet lol will keep trying! Knackered tonight so not updating properly

Xxx

Yayyy Emma! So pleased your scan went well! :happydance: That's a lovely picture! We had planned to take our scan picture to show OH's parent's tonight but it looks too much like an owl! :haha: So we'll just tell them without the picture. I love our little owl though. :cloud9: xxx

Teacup and Bluestars, cognrats on the scans!! Im glad everything is looking peachy :):)

I am getting excited about my scan on tuesday. I definately feel being pregnanct now. I don't have any nausea, just lots of burping after I eat. And I get TIRED. I cant be up and about doing stuff for long period of time... I start getting crampy and I have to sit... I am hoping that the " bleeding" behind the placenta has nothing to do with it. Pelvic rest is going well, we tried to fool around the other day, but i spotted right afterwards, so sexy times of any sort are off the books.... FOR NOW.

Oh yah and my boobs are HUGE. I cant wait to show them off. F*ck yah! and nothing fits me properly, so Im going to have to go and look at some mat options or up the sizes because Im bloated and I need to go up a few sizes...

Hi. May I join this thread please. We lost our bean on Tuesday, it was a mmc but I then went on to miscarry naturally a few days later. I took a pregnancy test today and even though it's only been four days it showed up negative. Think I'll wait until o have a period before trying again but if I'm honest I'm scared I'll have another mc and it is putting me off a bit. I have two children and this was my first and hopefully last mc. :'(

hi CariandJane. Welcome! I'm so sorry about your mc. It is true that after having a mc pregnancy doesn't seem as simple and carefree as it did before. Hang in there. It sounds like your body is getting back to normal remarkably fast!

hi CariandJane. Welcome! I'm so sorry about your mc. It is true that after having a mc pregnancy doesn't seem as simple and carefree as it did before. Hang in there. It sounds like your body is getting back to normal remarkably fast!

Hi, thankyou. My body seems have coped rather well really, although it was a dreadful experience and the worst few hours of my life actually miscarrying, im just glad its over with now and i can try to move on. So many conflicting emotions at the moment.

Carlandjane : I feel you, I had two mc's in the last year and I it was awful. and VERY conflicting. Luckily with a lot of support from my wonderful man and lots of prayer and meditation I feel much better and more at peace although i will never forget this experience. My heart goes out to you:) hugz

Carlandjane - Very sorry to hear about your loss. It's a horrible thing to have to go through and conflict is understandable. The only thing I can really say is that while there are no guarantees, most of the time an mc is a one-off. X

It's a funny thing but I was just thinking about your comment Carlandjane - about the miscarriage itself being a terrible few hours. We've talked a lot on this thread about how emotionally painful these times were but it never really gets mentioned how physically painful they are. In fact i've never mentioned to anyone in my life how much pain I was in....isn't that odd? Not wanting to dwell, just thought it was an interesting thing.

Your right. I haven't really seen anyone mention the physical side. To be honest for me the actual physical miscarriage was worse than the emotional side of things. It was so painful and really quite terrifying. Emotions I can deal with but because it was out of my control it freaked me out a bit!

Welcome, carlandjane.

Interesting that you both are mentioning the physical pain of it. It definitely was painful but only because I was afraid to take pain meds (yes, clearly I was still in denial), but I've actually had AFs that were more painful and heavier. I was surprised by that with my mc but it's also because it was quite early on. You're definitely right though because the physical pain and experience is definitely a part of it, yet we rarely mention that part. For me it was the emotionally traumatizing part that was much, much more painful.

Carlandjane- sorry you find yourself here. But welcome and your with a lovely bunch of ladies. I hope your doing ok.

I can remember the pain very well. Because we where 20 weeks we went through a full labour with the twins. It was horrendous! Mentally It was just as bad I feel.

:hugs:

How are you ttc ladies getting on? Anyone near testing time ?? XXX

I'm CD2 today. Boo!

Happy Easter to all. Emily and I are having a quiet day at home since hubby is out of town for work.

I have to admit the physical pain of MC was devastating, I remember shivers and just the amount of cramps and "contractions.." crazyness

Hey carlandjane. Welcome and I'm so sorry for your loss.

As for timelines, it took me a little over 5 weeks post mc for AF to show. My cycles are a couple days longer than usual, but it's only been a couple months, so I'm sure they're still sorting themselves out.

The physical pain -- it was bad and worse because I refused pain meds, certain that the doctor was wrong. Is it strange that I wanted to feel the pain, almost like it a prep for labor one day?

The emotional pain -- 2 months later is still very raw, but fortunately it comes and goes. I hope you stick around this thread -- the women here are so kind and have helped so much. There's hope here, and that's just what we need!

Sab, glad you're still feeling great! I'm burpy with no excuse lol, enjoy it while it lasts!

Tea and Blue, how are you feeling? Are you claiming second trimester yet?

Aleeah, where are you? Linny, are you feeling well?

Bright and Crys, I trust you are getting ready to catch that egg! I'm CD12 right now, but I've been ovulating way late (CD19) so we'll see what happens. These days, the stress-free BDing is just what a girl needs to get ready! ;)

Lit, your pregnancy is flying by!!! How are you feeling these days? I'm glad that your body was kind to you during your mc. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Sig, fingers crossed this is your month!!

I'm feeling emotionally a bit better. Good luck to everyone!

Sara! Boo for the witch arriving. But HAPPY EASTER!!! I hope this is your cycle.

Alt- feeling ok not doing as good as what I was last week. Not claiming second try Until 14 weeks. Hate week 13 lol.

Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->