Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Lit - the peeing thing is a bit much eh? I had that on the hot day last weekend, i was drinking water to remain hydrated on a longish walk we were having but consequently we spent every 10 minutes looking for a bush for me to wee behind. :haha:

Lit, your craving chat reminded me of something....An odd thing is happening. I ordered some packaging for something, and the packaging itself was packaged up with square sponges....I smelt these sponges for about 10 minutes when I opened the box....and i've been doing a lot of squeezing and smelling of the washing up sponge when doing the dishes - I find them quite fascinating and now think about them or smell them quite a lot. (I know I sound like a total looney) Anyway, my sister had the same except she eventually started having to chew on them....I really hope I don't start doing that. I guess at least it's a craving which won't pile even more weight onto me :haha:

Thankyou - im doing ovulation sticks just in case but im not holding out any hope for catching this month/cycle/mess lol. I feel so travel sick lately and its driving me nuts, the doctor took me off some medication about a week ago now and my body cant figure out whats going on! Hopefully i will start to feel better soon!!

My sister has just had her 7th child and hasnt given vaccinations to any of them, they are always poorly, and one of them has severe asthma and seems to spend most of his life in hospital bless him. When I was pregnant with my first I had the swine flu jab - never again will I though because i have never felt so awful in my life and both of our two are fully vaccinated. I had whooping cough and meningitis as a child and it was rotten! Having said that i think some people will have all the jabs and still get poorly and others wont have the jabs and wont get poorly. We are all different i guess. My midwife said she would offer me the whooping cough vaccine at 28 weeks pregnant this time because in our area there have been higher than average deaths in newborns from whooping cough that were too young to have their vaccines. Its a tricky one and i think a very individual and personal choice.

lit: i see that the peeing has intensified! The wonders of pregnancy!

Linny: that's a crazy cool "craving" of sorts. maybe the texture is driving you mad LOL

I don't have any cravings at all. Im actually quite repulsed by food until I actually eat it and them im like" oh yah I love this stuff" . I have been thinking a lot about bagels lately ( montreal style ones) and I had some smoked salmon the other day. Im kind of turned off by most other foods... so annoying. I can totally relate to the smelling of things. I woke up this morning because I could smell the onions from last night... all days long I just smell things... crazyness.

As for vaccines: very true, you can get vaccinated for everything and still have a crappy immune system. I was talking with my dad today and he suggested that I keep a controlled and clear rule regarding my SIL and her kids visiting the baby. (and everyone else for that matter)especially for the first few months where the baby could be exposed to more risks. I think I will talk to my SIL when the time comes and just explain to her not to bring her kids if they are sick or their friends are sick or if she thinks they are going to be sick. I hope she understands, and that she doesn't give me sass.

It's kind of stressful thinking about it but I have to remain calm and just make sure this bean sticks and that I can just get through the next few weeks :):)

Linny - glad I'm not the only one who can't seem to make it through a walk these days! :haha: Also, that is a very strange 'craving' for sponges but I agree pretty harmless and low cal (;)) unless you start eating them like your sis! I would say that if you get the urge to eat them, maybe ask your dr about it? The craving non-edible foods sounds like 'pica' to me and I think it's caused from a vitamin deficiency. Anyway, in the mean time, sniff away! :haha: Pregnancy does such strange things to the sense of smell! This is not a 'craving' but for some reason there is a certain ingredient in some foods that tastes like elastic bands to me since I've been pregnant. I have no idea what the ingredient is because it's only been in things other people have cooked/restaurant food. It is very bizarre and disturbing, and no one else can taste it except for me! It is only in a few things so it's not like my taste buds are shot all together...I really think there is one particular ingredient that is causing it!!

Sab- it's very normal to be at the food aversion stage at this point! For me, I craved potato chips and lemony things in the first tri as I said - and that's basically all I ate! That, and fruit. Pretty much anything else repulsed me. That's why I had to give in to any craving I did get!

How far along ate you now? I can't wait til you're through the scary stage!

I hope your SIL respects your boundaries about not bringing her unvaccinated kids around if they are sick!

Carlandjane- did you keep testing your hCG until it went down to 0? Just curious...

AFM - I am SOOO unbelievably exhausted today on account of my darn bladder! Oy! I was up 4 or 5 times in the night to pee, and ALL the time in between that I felt like I was awake and just trying to find a comfortable position that didn't put pressure on my bladder! I must have slept some, but it was very little and all day I've been on the brink of falling asleep at work. :( I picked up pizza on the way home and went straight to my bed. I don't plan on getting up for the rest of the evening! Hope you're all doing well.

Sabs - Your sil doesn't vaccinate right? I think that's a pretty understandable and acceptable thing to ask of someone who has unvaccinated children and a newborn who is also unvaccinated until 8 weeks old. We all make choices and consequences are inevitable - i'd be surprised if she hasn't been faced with that situation before (if other people know she doesn't vax).

I'm a big believer in there always being a way to say most things so they don't offend the other person but still preserve your wishes.

Lit - That ingredient, I wonder if it's MSG? I suggest it because it's the only ingredient I can think of that only restaurants use really. It might be found in some crisps (potato chips) and TV dinners too.

Sorry to hear about the bladder keeping you up all night, it's a right pain! Hope you can get a better night tonight!

I have done a few high sensitive pregnancy tests and they were negative 4 days after the mc. Would be so much easier if we had usb ports and could just download our hormone data lol.

I'll sign up for the trials of USB ports!!! Waiting and guessing is the worst!

That's a good idea, carlandjane! ;) When do you start production?

Linny - Hmm, that's a good idea on the MSG! I'll have to look into that further. How are you doing this week?

How is everyone else? It's quiet this week!

LL - Doing good thanks love! I was also thinking it's quiet...Wonder how Blue's getting on!? x

Hello ladies:hi:,

How are you all doing? I am 5 DPO.....waiting is so hard!!!

Ill keep you company bright, I'm 7dpo today!

Sign me up for the USB download too!!

just busy working working working and eating rice. ohand lots of family dramaz...

Sabster - Wow, I am working and working too! I just ate a salad for lunch and thats what family is for LOL

Ooh bright and mrs w, exciting that you are TWW buddies this time around!

Linny - Hmm! I wonder how blue is too! Bluuuue?

Sab - sounds like life is busy!

AFM - DH and I are going to our first birthing class tonight. It isn't a special method it anything...just a basic 6-week class taught by a labour and delivery nurse. I don't really know what to expect and am a little nervous because I'm shy and hope we don't have to go around the room and introduce ourselves. Oh well - I think it's good to do some prep for labour and this class was -free- so we can't really go wrong. Is anyone else taking/going to take a birthing class?

How is everyone doing?

Sab, when I'd your first ultrasound? I hope your SIL will respect your wishes about bringing her unvaccinated kids around if they've been sick. No one sick or recently sick is allowed in my house right now... People have been quite understanding about it.

Teacup, you're 12 weeks already! Wow, your pregnancy seems to be flying by :)

Aleeah, glad to hear you're feeling good and enjoyed a night out with friends :). I hope your little one does lots of growing in the next few weeks! Make sure you have enough small clothes, we had hardly anything that fit Rowan as we were expecting him to be bigger. He's just now (at 4weeks) fitting the newborn size stuff properly.

LL, I hope you passed your glucose test! Glad you didn't find it too awful :). The bladder issues can get very annoying can't they? All those night wakings will prepare you for when baby arrives ;). Have fun at your birthing class tonight!

Linny, that is strange about the sponges, pregnancy does weird things to our bodies.

Bright and Mrs W, good luck with your 2ww! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you both get your bfp's!

As for me, I am tired! Haven't had more than 3.5 hours of continuous sleep since March 28. I'm not going to tell all of you pregos to get lots of sleep (as you can any sleep so much) but I will say enjoy your sleep while you can! Rowan is doing well and growing fast :). We're still sorting out some gas issues but it seems to be improving.

I realized the other day that Rowan was born on the same day (last year) as I got my first bfp. Crazy!

Bright I won't test unless I get to 13-14 dpo which is unlikely as my lp has been 9-10 days the last few cycles after my mc. I can't face seeing anymore bfns so unless I strongly suspect I might be pregnant I won't test. How about you? Will you test early? Any symptoms??

Literati enjoy the birthing classes! I loved mine, it was such an exciting time and I was thrilled to be so close to baby coming, finishing work etc!! It's a lovely time, enjoy xx

Thanks Lindsay! Good to hear Rowan is doing well, the lack of sleep is hard but it doesn't last long, I can't believe my dd is coming up 2, it flies by! Enjoy the squishy newborn cuddles mamma!! Xx

Mrs. W - I understand it can be very disappointing. I will probably test TuesdayI think I will be 11DPO. Maybe I will wait with you and test when you test.

Blue - How's baby Blue treating you? Hope the sickness has eased off and given you some rest? :hugs:xx

Hey Mrs.

I was in hospital again with the hyperemesis its been brutal. Really hoping it passes soon. Baby is doing well and growing and doing what 14 week old babies do.

Hows your little baba doing how are you feeling ?

Hope you all are doing well. Haven't had a chance to catch up properly. Will try when I feel a bit better.

Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->