Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Hey ladies

Just dropping in, i've been catching up through the week and had a post ready to send when i closed the flipping browser window. Pft. So i'll just be trying to remember what I said!

Alt - I'm sorry there seems to be no progression on the tests. But i'm glad both you and your husband were prepared that this might be a possibility and are doing ok. Hope you can get confirmation...I think you will HCG doesn't drop particularly fast (I found) and anything above 5 will count. x

SLG - Oooo! This could be it. I definitely see it on the first one. You're only 9dpo so i'm impressed you're seeing anything! Can't wait to see updates! x

Blue - Lovely scan pic! Heheh, the second one is an odd angle, I had one like that with baby from the front looking like a little skeleton...Which i guess is mostly what they show you :) Glad to hear the doppler's working out now and you're getting movement. It felt like I reached a distant shore when I got movement (took till just over 20 weeks). X

Cryss - Crikey your temps look like they're going to shoot off the graph! :)

Bright - Sorry no joy this month but as the others said I thought your chart looked much better this month! x

Lit - Well, sounds like you've given them fair warning, they know it's an issue so if they carry on then you're well within your rights to get signed off.

My fingers aren't as bad as my feet is what i've found - though some days the ring leaves an impression. I might just put it on a chain to make sure I don't end up in a panic/soap/twisting situation.

Sorry for forgetting anyone, and hope all the ladies who haven't checked in for a while are doing well.

Afm - We saw SS yesterday! Amazing. He is doing really well, happy, loving, chatty. And is thrilled to be having a little sister. DF asked him how he felt about a brother or sister before he told him and SS said 'A brother might be a bit annoying but probably ok, I think i'd rather have a sister, but either is fine' Bless him. He's very excited about the prospect of his room changing and having a mid rise bed with a den beneath it. Tbh it couldn't have gone any better. He's named the baby 'Pamoon'. It feels like a weight's been lifted and we can all look forwards now! x

Hi there. My tests are posted at the bottom of this thread. 3 of them from today cuz that's how I do things :rofl: what do you think? Be honest! This cycle has been very different than usual but I don't want to get prematurely excited.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...ow-best-tweaking-testing-thread-ever-390.html

Your tests are looking the same as mine at the moment, its a nightmare!!!!!! Its nice to know theres someone at the same stage as me waiting though - Fingers and toes crossed!!!!

Sara and Carl - I hope this is it for you! Have you tested today?

Linny - That's wonderful. I'm so glad everything has worked out so well.

Happy Mother's Day to the Canadian and US moms or moms in the making!

Linny, I'm so happy for you! The relief of seeing him and him being excited about his new sibling must be so wonderful!!!

Sara and Carla, have you retested today. Sara, I totally see that line, but we're using the same tests and in getting some nasty evap-like lines too. I think they're might be something wrong with this batch of tests - my opk's are burning positive but the pg test line is a very faint color. Post your pic after retesting please. I hope you're having a great Mother's Day!

Carla, care to post your test as well? And may I ask what brand you're using?

AFM, ladies I'm confused. Here is my full story.

I'm 14 DPO today so would expect a nice bright line. I got a very faint positive on Wednesday and a stronger positve on Thursday (after a nearly 5 hour hold).

Since then, my tests have been getting lighter.

TMI alert: On Friday, I had one incidence of brown spotting on tp after a bm. Same thing on Saturday. Nothing today.

I may or may not have taken 10 tests since my BFP (don't tell DH) and in some the line seems darker and in others lighter. I have one digi, but if the words "Not pregnant" flash, I'll be very sad, so holding off taking that one.

Anyway, my OPKs are positive today for the first time (hcg and lh are so similar that you can get a +OPK when pregnant.)

Here are my pics today -- does this look acceptable for 14DPO? The left is yesterday, the right is today after a 2 hour hold.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 12
Linny, I'm so happy for you! The relief of seeing him and him being excited about his new sibling must be so wonderful!!!

Sara and Carla, have you retested today. Sara, I totally see that line, but we're using the same tests and in getting some nasty evap-like lines too. I think they're might be something wrong with this batch of tests - my opk's are burning positive but the pg test line is a very faint color. Post your pic after retesting please. I hope you're having a great Mother's Day!

I'm 14 DPO today so would expect a nice bright line. I got a very faint positive on Wednesday and a stronger positve on Thursday (after a nearly 5 hour hold).

TMI alert: On Friday, I had one incidence of brown spotting on tp after a bm. Same thing on Saturday. Nothing today.

I may or may not have taken 10 tests since my BFP (don't tell DH) and in some the line seems darker and in others lighter. I have one digi, but if the words "Not pregnant" flash, I'll be very sad, so holding off taking that one.

Anyway, my OPKs are positive today for the first time (hcg and lh are so similar that you can get a +OPK when pregnant.)

Here are my pics today -- does this look acceptable for 14DPO? The left is yesterday, the right is today after a 2 hour hold.

Im just using cheap ones i bought off the internet to be honest, the ovulation ones i got worked so im assuming/hoping the pregnancy ones will be working as well lol - will post when i test again as i havent been taking photos :dohh:

I think those lines are good, and the right is def darker than the left. Have you tried testing with a First Response? They give pretty good lines. If your tests are lighter than they were on Wednesday then that is a sign it could be a chemical though. :( I reckon you should give it 2 days and then test again, maybe your hcg is just taking a little time to increase? I hope this turns into a bfp for you and not a chemical. xx

alternatedi:
Those lines seem very acceptable to me; at this point some women don't even get a bfp yet. And, I would attribute that little bit of blood to implantation. Unless your tests have gotten drastically lighter since last week I don't think you have anything to worry about :hugs:

Oh, and OPKs can pick up HCG but they are much less sensitive to it than HPTs are. You wouldn't pick up a pregnancy on an OPK until you had a really dark line on an HPT. You could though have LH in your system giving you a positive OPK.

Yes, I think my very pink line was an evap. I retested and the other test (ok...testS) didn't do that when they dried. I still think I see just the smallest hint of a line but it would't be the first time I did thought that when I wasn't pregnant :wacko:

Here are my tests from today:

Attachments

• hpt 10 dpo dollar dry.jpg
    hpt 10 dpo dollar dry.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 19
  • hpt 10 dpo frer.jpg
    hpt 10 dpo frer.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 23
alternatedi:
Those lines seem very acceptable to me; at this point some women don't even get a bfp yet. And, I would attribute that little bit of blood to implantation. Unless your tests have gotten drastically lighter since last week I don't think you have anything to worry about :hugs:

Oh, and OPKs can pick up HCG but they are much less sensitive to it than HPTs are. You wouldn't pick up a pregnancy on an OPK until you had a really dark line on an HPT. You could though have LH in your system giving you a positive OPK.

Yes, I think my very pink line was an evap. I retested and the other test (ok...testS) didn't do that when they dried. I still think I see just the smallest hint of a line but it would't be the first time I did thought that when I wasn't pregnant :wacko:

Here are my tests from today:

I think i see a super faint line on the second one!!!

OMG! I can't believe anybody but me sees a line :) I sure hope it's something. I know my body did something different this cycle and I really want it to be a "good different". I'm only 9-10 dpo so still plenty of time for a line to pop up. Fingers all crossed!

hubby and I both wanted to know the sex when I was pregnant. We paid for a private scan at 14 weeks to find out. It was very clearly girl! We are both planners and just wanted to get things ready and have time to get used to whatever it was going to be. Also, we named Emily that day (at 14 weeks) and I think it helped make her feel like a very real person before she was born.

I couldn't wear my rings while I was pregnant. I just left them on my dresser. I was sick and not leaving the house anyway. I wish I had seen those cute necklaces that are designed to hold your rings. Of course you might have to spend a lot of money to make sure it's a high quality one with strong clasps.

Hoping your lines are popping up, CarlandJane :)

Happy Mother's Day to all <3

Happy mothers day all you american mamas and Canadian mamas too!

Sarah id pay for a scan but here im not even sure where does it lol. Would feel bad too though as OH isnt here to come with me.

I can remember my tests being that faint at 9-10 dpo lol. Im praying they keep getting darker and this is your month! That would be so fantastically amazing ! Keep us updated with your daily progression!

Im not feeling the flutters like I was but I think babies moved to the other side and because im super constipated im not feeling them the same. Had the doppler out and heard the heartbeat though.

Alt hours your tests coming along? Bad it been confirmed yet?

Crys any luck yet? Xxx

Sara - I see a line on that FRER!!! :happydance:

Alt- that seems like an extremely good line for 14 DPO to me! Those ICs take forever to show a dark line, I find. I'm not even sure mine was that dark at 14 DPO although now I can't remember if I kept testing after 12dpo. I agree with whoever suggested you buy a FRER. It won't be damaging like seeing a 'not pregnant' on a digi because a line should definitely show up, and they're usually quite nice and dark on FRERs. I am hopeful for you!!

Linny - that is so great that the visit with your SS went well and that he's happy about getting a baby sister! Sounds perfect!

I agree I don't want to get my rings stuck! But I always take mine off to shower and I will never force it on if it's not too tight so I think it's safe to keep wearing mine for at least a little while. My feet are worse than my hands as well. How is your back holding up lately? Mine is still just off and on and gets a lot worse if I do any bending/lifting/cleaning but otherwise it's actually not bad so that is good! Maybe it will hold up after all. Have you noticed any marked changes in symptoms in the third trimester besides the foot swelling?

Lindsay - I hope you enjoyed your first official mother's day! Did you get to do anything special?

AFM - I really have the best mom ever. We got her a little gift for mother's day and I brought her an iced coffee this afternoon, but she ended up taking me to Walmart and buying me a nursing pillow, baby wipes, a few onesies, and a pregnancy magazine! What a sweet mom. :) I hope you all have a happy Mother's Day as well!

Blue - when I was that early, I would sometimes go several days without feeling anything. I think it's very normal! They have a lot of room in there.

Sorry for sounding thick but its my first month of all this ovulation stuff. lol.
How many days post ovulation am i? I dont know if i count from the day i got a positive ovulation stick or if you add a day on or something because those sticks show before you ovulate?? Its so confuddling!!!! :shrug: I got a positive ovulation stick on the 2nd May.

Thankyou!! :blush:

Yeah lit. Strange not feeling movements once I already had. Hope they come back . Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->