Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Blue - Mine were infuriatingly on and off until 21 weeks :/ In fact, no real movement till 19 weeks because of this bloody placenta! Glad the doppler's putting your mind at ease though! It;s a god send ain't it! x

Lit - I should probably start doing that - taking rings off each day and making sure they go back on. 3rd tri seems to just be a lot slower to me - as in, i'm moving much slower and am less able to do things - the belly has become really very heavy....oh, and I thought i'd got away with no stretchmarks but they have been hiding - right under the bump where i can't see and it's shadowed in the mirror. They're very short and bright red. I'm not too bothered as i know they'll fade....just feel a bit less victorious now :) hehe. Your mum sounds lovely - and a very happy mothers day to you! x

Sara - I'm not sure if i can see something in the second one!? Have you tried tweaking? (and happy mothers day!) x

Carla - I always took it based on temps - so Fertility Friend would tell me my O date and i'd go with that, unless i didn't like it and i fiddled with the figures :haha: But seriously - depends on the woman - 24 to 36 hours later I think? Other ladies may know better. x

Afm - just busy working away in the studio and have a mw appointment today...last night we were up till 1am constructing nursery furniture..I had a bee in my bonnet after an afternoon nap :haha: - paying for it today :/

Sorry for sounding thick but its my first month of all this ovulation stuff. lol.
How many days post ovulation am i? I dont know if i count from the day i got a positive ovulation stick or if you add a day on or something because those sticks show before you ovulate?? Its so confuddling!!!! :shrug: I got a positive ovulation stick on the 2nd May.

Thankyou!! :blush:

I'd say you are between 10 - 11 dpo today. I always count the day after the positive ovulation test as ovulation. :thumbup: Good luck! xx

Thanks linny. Its been making me worry a bit. The doppler is a godsend though xxxx

Sorry for sounding thick but its my first month of all this ovulation stuff. lol.
How many days post ovulation am i? I dont know if i count from the day i got a positive ovulation stick or if you add a day on or something because those sticks show before you ovulate?? Its so confuddling!!!! :shrug: I got a positive ovulation stick on the 2nd May.

I'd say you are between 10 - 11 dpo today. I always count the day after the positive ovulation test as ovulation. :thumbup: Good luck! xx

Thankyou lovely, Ill test again tomorrow anyway and no doubt every day until if or when the dreaded af arrives lol :dohh:

^^^this is how I do it too. Don't feel bad about asking, that's why we are here :friends:

^^^this is how I do it too. Don't feel bad about asking, that's why we are here :friends:

Thanks. Sometimes i feel like a complete plonker. Ive got two children already and obviously we are trying for our third and yet i dont even know how my insides work. Feel like i should know that really!! :dohh:

Carlandjane - It's hard to say if you're not temping or anything, but I'd probably count ovulation as the day after your first +OPK. It can occur that same day, though...it just depends what part of the surge you caught. Stick with your instinct! Do you get ovulation cramps or any other signs that help you pinpoint O?!

Blue - Yeah, definitely try not to worry. I am certain you'll start feeling more regular movement again soon. You actually were feeling movement quite early and it would be normal to not have felt anything at this point yet! So hang in there. :)

Linny - That makes sense with the moving slower/less able to do things. I am having trouble putting shoes and socks on these days! :haha: I've also started waddling lately. Oh well. Thankfully my belly doesn't feel too heavy yet, but I know my friend who is a couple months ahead of me is always holding her belly with her hands saying it's too heavy! Something to look forward to, I guess. That's too bad about your stretch marks making an appearance, but I'm glad you're not too bothered by them. I still don't have any but I have a feeling they're going to appear fairly soon with how big I'm getting!

That is quite exciting that you were putting together nursery furniture! I'd love to see a picture once they're all set up! It is too bad you're feeling worn out now from it, though. I always make bad decisions to stay up late and regret it in the morning! Hope your mw appointment goes very well.

Sara - Have you tested today yet?

Carlandjane - It's hard to say if you're not temping or anything, but I'd probably count ovulation as the day after your first +OPK. It can occur that same day, though...it just depends what part of the surge you caught. Stick with your instinct! Do you get ovulation cramps or any other signs that help you pinpoint O?!

I did try temping once but because i dont sleep through - im up about 4 times a night i never really got anywhere with my temperature chart lol. I did however notice quite strong right sided cramps the day or so after my positive opk because i mentioned it to my husband as its quite unlike me to have any sort of ovulation pains. My cycles are a little longer, i have endometriosis and last year i had surgery as my left ovary was stuck round to my womb and allsorts. The baby we lost was not really planned, we had just decided we would like another and i came off the pill but because of all my issues we thought it would take a while. The miscarriage really got to us both as it was a 'itll never happen to us' kinda thing. I knew something was wrong though but my hubby thought i was being daft! :dohh: so after the miscarriage we decided to consciously try to conceive, so really this month is our first attempt at everything other than doing the deed! I didnt even know if i would ovulate as apparently some women dont after a miscarriage? I got a negative preg test a few days after the miscarriage and took the ovulation tests a couple of weeks after and then one came up strong and positive, and then when i tested the next day it was faint/negative again ? which is the same day i think i got my cramps.
According to another site ive been tinkering on and given my usual cycle length i think im due to test in the next few days?
Im actually really nervous and rambling on, apologies for that. Im desperately hoping for a BFP but equally im petrified of history repeating itself on me.
Thankyou for all your support ladies, your all helping me so much because you know and understand. I appreciate it! :hugs:

Sara-i remember really bad cramping this implantation! Really hopeful for you! I have everything crossed for you!

Teacup- whats the skull theory? I have another scan picture but it looks a bit scary lol. Will head along and see what I think of your little one gender.

Lit - woow for 3rd tri! Thats amazing and feels like its just flew in!! Hehe.

Sab- oooh I like you guessing different hehe. Just a guess or do you have any theories as to gender prediction?

Alt- really sorry. Thats disappointing for you. Hopefully means you'll get your rainbow real soon :hugs: xxx

You have been so sick since more than a few weeks nad I remember hearing somewhere that usually females make the mom really sick but its a wives tale so I dunno. Im ging with team PINK:cloud9:

Hi ladies! Happy belated mothers day to all! all the ones trying and all the ones who have babies and of course the momma's to be.

Alt: any new developments on your testing? I looked at the pics and the tests are pretty positive in my eyes.. I never tested before I was oficially "late" though.. just so I wouldnt go bonkers..

Sara: more tests?

WE NEED MORE BFPS!!!

I had a lovely weekend with my family and my DH's family But I definately do not have the energy I did 2 months ago... I think the pregnancy is progressing well and we started taking pics of my belly.. I dont see anything but BLOAT, but Jay says it's starting to change cuz my belly is more forward...

I caught a cold or something like that and I couldnt go to work today. I tried to get stuff done but I have been in bed since 2pm and i feel like crap.My throat hurts, muscles ahce, the whole shabam... I had a temp of 36.1C when I crawled into bed but now it's at 37.3C. I tend to have lower body temp, so im not sure what to do... or if I should just hope that it passes?
i have no spotting but my tummy feels tight and my back hurts.. with the rest of my body..

any suggestions or experiences with fever during pregnancy?

sorry you aren't feeling well Sabster.

CarlandJane: It sounds to me like you are doing everything just right. It also sounds to me that you did ovulate and caught your surge on the OPK. I understand about wanting to test and not liking the result either way. I desperately want to be pregnant but the anxiety that goes with it seems overwhelming. Another miscarriage would crush me. But, if we want a baby we do in fact have to be pregnant :) So, we will get pregnant and get through the anxiety and enjoy growing a human :thumbup:

I did a dollar store test and a FRER today and they both look negative. Maybe I got all excited over nothing.

Carlandjane- if you had bad ovulation cramps the day after the + OPK that would definitely make sense that you ovulated on the day after your positive. Bodies are confusing so Don't feel bad that you're just learning how to keep track of ov now!

Sab- yay for documenting your baby bump! When you are showing a bit more you should post a pic if you feel comfortable! I have been taking a pic once a week since 4 weeks and I am so glad! There are weeks early on that I wouldn't have noticed a difference had I not been taking pics to compare!

So sorry you are sick! I think anything above 37 C or your normal temp but below 38 C is a low- grade fever so if it is at that point or higher, I would just take acetaminophen to keep it down. I try to avoid meds in pregnancy but acetaminophen is safe and a fever can be dangerous to the baby so I've always felt it's very worth it to take something when I have a fever! I don't consider myself having a fever unless i'm above 37.5 c because after ovulation my temp is always above 37. If it gets really high suddenly, definitely call your doctor! Pregnancy suppresses the immune system so unfortunately when we catch colds and such they tend to be worse than usual. I had a cold with a fever twice this pregnancy so far (and countless other colds with no fever), and it is usually VERY rare for me to ever get a fever! So I definitely know how you feel and it really is unpleasant! It can be annoying if people think you just have a mild cold but really you are experiencing a lot of vicious side effects. :( rest up and feel better soon!

Thank you so much! I called the nurse helpline and they told me pretty much the same thing. rest, water, tylenol and if i have a fever over 38.5, have to go to doctor... hopefully i will be well by tomorrow!! I hate being sick, but I hope baby is ok and thriving, that's what counts!

I think your baby is absolutely okay and thriving! In fact, your immune system is down during pregnancy to PROTECT your baby from harm, because otherwise your immune system might attack your baby as a foreign body! Gruesome, it is...but I always reassure myself with that when I feel like whining about my terrible immune system. It's just making your baby safer. :) I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight! :hugs: BTW, how far along are you now? I wish you had a ticker. ;)

Had a BFN this morning, this afternoon Ive had a tiny salmon pink discharge amongst normal CM so not sure what to make of that. Bought another pair of tests today aswell in case the ones Ive got are duds lol. I figured Ill test using two different ones tomorrow and see what shows. Got a bit frustrated with myself about everything this morning but snapped out of it once someone knocked at the door! Im so impatient.
Hope you are all well xx

Hello ladies, I have a question. I am currently waiting to start bleeding after mc, and I was wondering how long it took for you to start bleeding? I have no signs or symptoms of starting anytime soon. Thank you!

Hello ladies, I have a question. I am currently waiting to start bleeding after mc, and I was wondering how long it took for you to start bleeding? I have no signs or symptoms of starting anytime soon. Thank you!

Do you mean your waiting to miscarry or waiting for your period after miscarriage?
My baby died at 6 weeks and i didnt miscarry until 12 weeks hun. Had no symptoms and only found out from an ultrasound at 11 weeks xx
I havent had a period since my miscarriage as it only happened last month. xx

I am waiting to miscarry, I had blood work Friday and it was 30 so they re-tested Monday (yesterday) and my Beta was 8. So I have a very early impending MC

my baby died at 6 weeks. At 9 1/2 weeks I got impatient and had a D&C. I didn't have a period after that for 111 days!! But, that is really on the long side for a period after a mc. When you start to bleed you count that as CD1. Some people go right back to ovulating on schedule and have a period 28 days after their miscarriage actually starts. I guess those are the two extremes. I'm sorry to hear about your loss and hope that your body takes care of it and gets back on track quickly.

Hi wantabby,

It took 5 weeks after my mc for my first AF to show up.

Sorry to post and run, so busy at work! I went to the doctor for the first of 2 HCG draws yesterday...waiting for a call with the results.

I go back in tomorrow for the next beta. So nervous!

Will catch up properly after work - hope you're all having a great day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->