Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Thanks LL! We have Westcoast Kids here too so I'll have a look at their website too :) I have the ones that swaddle the arms also and I think that's the key, when he starts to wake up he flails his arms around which fully wakes him up. Yeah, I was trying to just swaddle him in a regular blanket, but it would come loose as I was putting him down in the crib. He usually wakes slightly when I put him down, but if the arms stay nice and snug he goes right back to sleep.

Glad you're having a good day :)

Hi everyone!
Thanks to all the ladies who always ask about me, im doing good!
Just got back from a lovely weekend break in Northumberland, it was beautiful and had some lovely sunshine. Feel like I need a holiday now to get over it though, we did lots of strolls/waddles on the beach, and various activities to amuse a very energetic toddler, didnt want to ruin the mood and whinge about it but im sooo tired now! Not to mention the piles of laundry I now have to do...urggh!
Had a scan and saw the consultant last week, everything is great with baby, his head and tummy circumference measure around 35 weeks, but femur bone measures 33 weeks, so they are really happy with his progress. My iron levels are very low, so im on a course of iron tablets and injections to try and get my levels up where they should be before the csection. I am a bit worried as I lost a fair amount of blood with my emcs with ds. So consultant wouldn't give me a date for the csection this time, wants to see me in 3 weeks to check my iron again, and then will book a date. But its all good, im lucky I will even know when it will be, so any time is fine!
Aleeah- great to hear from you love, been thinking of you, ooohh I hope we have baby news soon! Exciting!
Linny - have a lovely holiday! It sounds fab. Hope you get some nice weather and get some comfortable nights of sleep!
Lit - I lol'd at your lightening crotch post! Ive been getting it a lot lately! My hubby has nicknamed it 'shooty ass' when I just randomly start walking funny and making pained faces! I prefer your nickname for it lol. Its the strangest uncomfortable sensation! Also, I second the other ladies with the going out with baby dilemmas. Its actually easier when they are a baby, you can take them in toilet cubicles with you and just about manage, whereas now DS finds it hilarious to lay down and try to sneak out under the gap in the door! Even worse he tried to do it at the swimming pool changing rooms recently, and I had to open the door half naked to drag him out by his feet from someone elses cubicle!!
Blue- so glad you are feeling better, and that you can go home soon! I bet you can't wait to get back to normality. Are you finding out gender on your 20 week scan?
Alt - fingers crossed for you lovely, as much as nothing can put your mind at rest, we've all had spotting or bleeding on this thread. Mine was the worst few days ever. Im still hopeful for you, sending you hugs!
Teacup, Sab- how are you doing?
Cryss, Sara - how are you ladies?
Bright- your photos are beautiful! You are so photogenic, your trip looked wonderful.

A few asked about a bump shot, I did it weeks ago and cant work out how to upload it! So by now bump has grown considerably and I need to do a new one! I'll try to figure it out and upload them both together. Its so hard from my phone! Will get onto it tomorrow when ive caught up on some sleep.

Lots of love to all you ladies x x x

Ljs, so glad to hear you are doing well.

Bright, I'm curious to hear what you find out about insemination kits. Do you suspect you, or oh rather!, has a sperm issue?

I am 11 DPO and bfn. My cramping from last week went away. I'm peeling every hour but I do that sometimes before AF. Just waiting it out :coffee:

ljs - Thank you! It was wonderful.

Slg - We did a lot of research last night and it seems a little strange but so does everything else we do to try to get pregnant. LOL So what the heck. We know is swimmers are fine had them tested. My uterus is a little tilted which makes my cervix tilt so he figures if we can help them reach the cervix a little then maybe it will happen. He really wants to try this so I will give it a whirl because he does try anything I ask.

Hey Ladies :)

Well I had my u/s this morning and then met with my ob... my uterine wall has doubled in thickness!!! VERY good news!! He said ideally he would want me to wait another year... but with my age we don't have that luxury, so he said wait until around sept then good to go!! we'll have LOTS of ultrasounds throughout but he said he doesn't expect me to be struck by lightning twice... that's how rare what happened to me was... lol

ahhh soo relieved and sooo happy ... :)

Kim

What wonderful news! Congratulations! Keep doing what you're doing, and surely it will thicken more by September. :flower:

Thanks for asking about me and my chart everyone. Doing my best not to read anything into that dip - as I compare my chart to everything and Google it to death. Lol.

Kim!!!!! Im so so very pleased for you! What fabulous news! Doubled in thickness thats just amazing! Roll on September! X x x

Hi ladies, I woke up this morning to a lot of pink spotting. It's now turned red (still spotting) with small clots. I think the worse is happening.

Thank you for all of your kind words yesterday. I've made peace that whatever happens, good or bad, I'll be okay eventually.

any news alt? I hope you are doing weill, and I hope baby bean is still hanging in there getting stronger and stronger!

Hi ladies,

Im taking a few minutes to catch up with you ladies! thank you all for the kind words. I know I freaked out about the results, but I know in my heart that baby Spock ( apparently this is his new nickname) is doing well. My belly is getting bigger and i have officially switched over to maternity jeans. Oh man, it feels GOOD! I dont have a huge bump but I think its going to pop in the next three weeks for sure.

Summer is almost here in Montreal and we are super super happy about it. I have yet to tell people about the pregnancy, but I really dont care to share HAHAHAH! I just want to enjoy it and the people that a truly care about already know... so that`s good.

about the at home insemination kits: I say why not. Just make sure all is sterilised before you go putting stuff up your cervix. i also have a tilted uterus, but I dont know his this makes a difference in conceiving.

sarah : when will you test?

Kim, that is amazing news!!! So happy for you!! Excellent!

Cryss, fingers and toes crossed over here!

Sab, glad you are feeling better. I am still spotting brown, but who knows? I have my first official appointment tomorrow along with an u/s so we shall see.

Running to my next class - will catch up properly later! :)

Bright - I think I misunderstood what you meant by insemination kits but I'm sure trying wouldn't hurt. I agree with what everyone else said.

Lindsay - Oh, perfect! I hope you can find the swaddling blanket I have there! It makes sense that it helps to have his arms tucked in securely so he doesn't wake himself up.

LJ - Lovely to hear from you! That is good your baby's measurements are looking good. Sorry to hear about your iron levels. I hope you are able to get them up nice and high before your c-section. Are you a vegetarian by any chance? I definitely hope you don't lose too much blood from your c-section and that your iron levels don't dip too low afterwards. How exciting that they will be scheduling your c-section so very soon! Woohoo! :happydance: Let us know when you know!

That sounds like a busy/tiring weekend and I hope you get the opportunity to rest up a bit. Everything during pregnancy is harder work than it should be!

Glad to hear you can commiserate on the LC situation! :haha: Hopefully your hubby can switch nicknames to a more appropriate one. ;)

That does sound really difficult to try to use a public washroom with an energetic toddler along! Wow, the things you don't ever think about until it's about to happen!

I hope you're able to figure out how to post a bump shot! You may have an easier time using your phone if you switch to web version just for the picture and then go to advanced reply.

Sara - I am hoping for the best!!!! When does AF usually arrive?

Kim - What wonderful news! The fact that it has doubled in thickness is a very good sign! How great that you have the go-ahead to start trying in September! In a way it will be nice that you'll be able to have lots of ultrasounds next pregnancy so that maybe you can worry less. I agree it sounds very unlikely the same thing would happen again! Congratulations. I am soo happy for you and you really deserve this good news! :happydance:

Crys - That 7 DPO dip does look promising! :winkwink:

Sab - I know what you mean. I got to a point where it would probably be safe to share my pregnancy, and I just didn't even want to! It felt nice to have my own little secret. However, once I got the telling over with, it was nice to have it out in the open (but also nerve-wracking). Yay for maternity jeans - aren't they great? :)

Sabster - when you have labor pains where is you pain concentrated at? We know mines is tilted where my cervix is sort of always tilted upwards. So when my OB/GYN does an internal exam she has to reach back towards my rectum and way up. She always mentions that my cervix is the hardest to reach because of how its positioned. But everyone is different. When we have had my other babies the labor is always and only in my butt and very lower back and legs due to the pressure of the cervix being positioned that way. eventually it gets in the right position and baby comes down. So we figured if its positioned that way sperm may have difficult time getting behind there. LOL, we wanna help the swimmers as much as we can. It's funny though because it wasnt always like that. I guess having 4 children and 3 miscarriages when they have to be surgical removed does things to your body. :shrug: :wacko: At this point we will try anything and time is ticking.:winkwink:

Kim, what fantastic news!!!! You put a big smile on my face! I'm sure every month has felt like forever when you want to try but can't. Clearly, I have waited to get pregnant so we can be bump buddies :winkwink: Let's not wait much longer though, ok?? :)

Bright, I say go for it with the insemination kit. It can't hurt anything if you aren't going above the cervix and then you won't have to wonder if it would work anymore. I hope it does the trick.

Cys, I hope your chart is telling the truth and this will be your month.

Sab, I don't think you need to worry about telling people you are pregnant. Whatever keeps you relaxed and happy is the right thing to do :thumbup: I was so sad to give up my maternity jeans after having my baby. I think everybody should wear more elastic!

Di, been thinking about you :flower:

AFM; I am 12 dpo and testing bfn. Boo! Feeling discouraged but trying to remind myself that most women don't get a bfp until 14 dpo. If this isn't my month then I'm going to start taking DHEA next month. It is supposed to improve egg quality. I've been shying away from it because your body turns it into estrogen and I didn't know if that was safe for my cancer. I asked my oncologist and she gave the thumbs up. I'm a little worried about DH this month. He is more optimistic because we used the injections. I'm worried that he will be let down if it doesn't work. I don't think the injections increased our chances at all :shrug:

Thanks, Sara. I hope you get that BFP in the next 2 days!

ljs - Thank you! It was wonderful.

Slg - We did a lot of research last night and it seems a little strange but so does everything else we do to try to get pregnant. LOL So what the heck. We know is swimmers are fine had them tested. My uterus is a little tilted which makes my cervix tilt so he figures if we can help them reach the cervix a little then maybe it will happen. He really wants to try this so I will give it a whirl because he does try anything I ask.

My uterus and cervix are tilted and the thing that got me pregnant was OH 'finishing' from behind (doggy style! :haha:) Sorry for TMI! But I read that the position helps when you have a tilted uterus/cervix, so we gave it a go and it worked for us! I'd do that instead of the insemmination kits if I were you. I bet it will do the trick! :thumbup: xx

Sara - I really hope you are just going to get a later BFP! Good you have your dr's go-ahead to try DHEA next month if need be. I'm sure your time is just around the corner. I hope your DH isn't too let down if this isn't your month.

Teacup and bright - how do you know that you have a tilted cervix? Would I know this if I did?

Sara, honey I am praying for your BFP this month! Cannot wait for you to test!!

Finally!
The 25 week bump shot
And The 33 week bump shot, taken today

(Thanks lit for the help!) X x x

Attachments

• photostrip-2014-06-11-1.jpg
    photostrip-2014-06-11-1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics