Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Oh my goodness CRYS!!!! HUUUUUGE congratulations honey! Thats very clear positive !! Eeeeeek :dance: we have a new preggo mum! Hope this is the start of another wee boom on this forum!!

Linny- your little holiday sounds great (minus the bugs and tick...I avoid long grass because I fear them!) Hopefully baby will engage soon. Do you think you are a head or behind where sonogram says ?

Aleeah- can't believe baby is holding on! Im hoping you go before friday! Come on little one! !! Xxx

Alt - Thanks. It is always nice when our hubbies surprise us by saying something encouraging/emotional or profound.

Sorry to hear about your UTI! I don't like antibiotics either but they're a necessary evil sometimes! I hope it clears up right away. I find the antibiotics for UTIs sometimes make me nauseous as well, but your body gets used to them after a while so maybe that was just your original reaction and now your body is adjusting.

I have also heard that UTIs present themselves strangely during pregnancy. A friend of mine just felt nauseous and started throwing up again later in her pregnancy, and then it was discovered she had a UTI. She had no other symptoms and was very surprised! It actually makes me paranoid that I could have one without knowing it because I've only had urine tests twice this pregnancy. Both were clear though, so hopefully nothing has happened since then.

Have you still been bleeding at all?

Linny - I have heard that about UTIs during pregnancy as well. So strange! Is your nursery/DSS's room all ready yet?

Crys - Have you talked to your dr at all yet?

Sara - I feel for you with missing your hubby! It would be so tough to have your hubby traveling so much. I hope he is able to come visit you this week and that you're able to have a nice date night while your mom watches your DD!

AFM - Had a dr's appointment today. Everything's still going well and my fundal height was measuring a week ahead this time. I will be seeing her every 2 weeks now, and then every week starting at 36 weeks! It's exciting to be rounding the corner to the end! :happydance: Also, baby appears to be head down and back-to-front still. :) Is it strange that I'm oddly excited for labour?

Aleeah - Thinking of you!! :)

No, I haven't called yet. No time to myself so the other kids won't overhear now that it's summer. Gonna have to walk away from my desk at some point I guess.

I don't think it's odd that you're excited for labor. It is an exciting time to look forward to.

Sabster - Did you adjust your dose of Vitex after you got your BFP?

Linny - You said you continued B6 at 50 mg per day; right?

congrats on the BFP!

I continued with the same dosage for a two weeks about and then i started taking hald the dose for another 2-3 weeks? and then i just took 1 a day and then just stopped... at around 9-10 weeks? i would recommend to stop progressively.

Alt: I had too much bateria in my pee ( pre UTI ) and I took antibiotics for 10 days. I would usually flat out refuse to take it, but UTI's can cause some serious issues in pregnant women, so better safe than sorry. I am also taking cranberry capsules and probiotics everyday to keep my intestinal flora balanced.

Aleeah: EEEK! baby wil lcome when its time! dont let yourself be pushed around by the doctors and do that you think is right for you. keep us posted!

Sara: It took us almost 2 years and 2 mc to finally have this pregnancy. i swear I was at my wits end and I was ready to close the door on ttc before I found out I was expecting, so I can totally relate to your feelings. Sometimes you need to take a step back and re focus your energy :) hugz :)

AFM: Went to my prenatal appointment today. I have gained 4 pounds since the beginning of the pregnancy, so Im pretty happy! woohooo! baby was good, he tends to be on my left side, belly measuring good too.

I went for the second materna combi test today ( for downs syndrome) and almost fainted again.... we will have the results on friday. If all is well, we will announce the pregnancy to the rest of the family LOL. I cant believe this is still a secret. hahahahah
If we have to do a amniocentisis, then that would be sometime next week, but Im trying not to think about it because its fucking scary.

other than that, work is good, i have a job interview tomorrow, friends are ok, family good, squirrels are still eating my plants and my cats are spoiled rotten

HUGZS TO ALLLLL

Thanks for the info. Glad your little one is right on track.

Sara - Hope you and your hubby manage to get some alone time! Got my fingers crossed for a non-AF event occurring. X

Blue- Hey love, are you still feeling well? :) I have been pretty blase about them as they have never ever bothered me before...won't be doing that again! I think i'm behind where the sono says - by a week. All the sono's including the really early 7/9 week ones consistently put me ahead by 5-7 days but it makes no sense from either the beta results or the timings. I think she's just a long baby :haha:

Lit - I think it's totally normal to be excited about labour! I am too - it's good to think we'll actively be doing something which will get us our babies! DSS & baby's room is pretty much sorted. No cot in there yet as DF insisting on building the mid-rise bed for DSS himself - have to do that before we have the space to accomodate the cot. So, probably do that in a few months.

RE: ticks - I forgot to answer this but it's worth mentioning it because I had no idea and had no internet connection to check but basically - They need to feed for 24h+ in order to put any bacteria into you - so if they're small and flat chances are they haven't passed anything on. If you don't have a tick removal tool the next best thing is a fine pair of tweezers. You grasp the tick as close to where it's biting you as possible (not around the body). Slowly but firmly pull it up away from the skin and keep this consistent pressure going until it comes out. Don't use oil/vaseline/anything hot to try and make it back out on its own - they don't ever do that and i've no idea why that myth even exists - unfortunately DF had heard it and managed to burn my belly with a joss stick as a result....and the tick did nothing but sit there. I can sort of laugh about this now :/ X

Cryss - Is your doc the kind of one who'd book you in for an early scan? Do you think you'd go for one? x

Sabs - Glad all is well - roll on Friday! By the weekend you'll be able to finally relax and enjoy your pregnancy! X

Afm - I'm seeing a consultant now because i've had protein in my wee twice and been getting daily headaches. The odd thing is my BP is still low....I thought that was the defining factor in Pre-E and didn't see what the fuss was about but apparently it can in some cases be the last thing to go up....They said they were just being overly cautious but it was better to be like that than not. So, fair enough. X

Woops seems I missed a page before replying yesterday... sorry if you thought I was being rude!! Im so rubbish at keeping up these days!!

Sara- hope your having a lovely time at your mums ! Hope these suppliments are what work for you. It will happen for you! I know it will! Hope hubbie gets back soon. I hate being away from my man too long.

Alt- Sorry to hear about uti! They are horrible. My last pregnancy I had two in a short time and it wasnt very nice at all. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon.

aleeah- hope things are moving along for you! Thinking of you loads honey!

Lit- so glad the appointment went well! Cant believe how close to the end you actually are ! Exciting! And its not starnge to be excited about labour. Its the end of one journey but the start of another even better one! I know im looking forward to it too!

Sab- do you thi k you will have the amnio done ? Good luck for job interview

Linny - still keeping as well as I can. My mood is still good which im glad at. Baby its doing massive kicks and tumbles and I love it. I do have such a sore hip though I get stuvk if I sit certain ways or if I lie down! Its also beginning to hurt when I walk. Feels like my hips going to pop out of place. Such a horrible feeling ! Do tou think your doc might start you early ? Xxx

Good morning ladies,

How is everyone?

AFM - I have been using the softcup and preseed but I have a question. I don't feel like all of the sperm gets in the cup when I place it in after BDing. I take it out in the morning I do see some substance in the cup but there was also some on the outside of it in my vagina. If this happens to everyone than I am fine and wont worry but if not than I may be inserting it wrong and need some suggestions. Please help if you can!!!!

Blue - oo, hip pain - is that a sign of SPD? Can you refer to a physio for it? I've started to get it after being asleep but other than that i've been quite fortunate with the ol hips. Hope you get some relief! Well....if I don't go by 41 weeks I reckon they'll start assuming i'm going over but i'll assume i'm not...so will have to have that conversation at the time! x

Linny - I hope they get it all sorted and you don't have pre-e.

Emma - it does sound like SPD might be starting. Your hips are probably beginning to loosen. I hope it's not too rough on you.

Bright - I've never used cups for TTC so I'm no help there. Good luck!

AFM - I know I had good test lines but I bought 8 tests so I have to use them. :haha: FRER test line this morning is darker than the control! :happydance: I'm thanking God nonstop!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 5
Bright- I used soft cups there will be some left over because some might die or just not be strong enough and on the outside might be some but its mostly to hold as much in and up there for as long as posible. Plus they wont use all the preseed too.

Linny -not sure what it is. Probably is that. I havent been to see anyone about it. There isnt any physio here so dont think they would do much about it. Generally when im walking its fine but when I sit or lie down its pretty goddam sore!! I dont think my dates matched up either they measured me a week ahead at what I thought was the 9 +4 weeks they said I was 10 +3. But I suppose we shall wait and see hopefully your little princess wont keep you waiting.

Anyone else had SPD ? Any tips ?

Crys your hormones are deffo on the right track! Haha will you see about an earpy scan ? When will you tell hubb8e and kids ? Xxx

Do you reckon it could be twins crys ? Do they run in your family ? Xxx

I've never asked for an early scan so not sure if my doc would. She usually scans at 8 weeks. But from last year I found out she has you come in earlier for blood work now.

Twins do run in my family, lol. These tests remind me of my successful singleton pregnancies...although I never continued testing back then. Oh the bliss of pregnancy before MC. I remember my twin pregnancy having a really fast dark line the day or day after AF was due but I can't remember if it was darker than the control on that day. It would definitely be a double blessing if it were!

I had SPD. The pelvic bones on the inside of my thighs always hurt when pregnant and walking. Sitting or lying still relieved it until I had to move after being still for a while. My hips give me trouble with locking and such to this day if I've been standing a lot.

Oh twins would be a double blessing ! OH told me he wants a lot of kids! I told him he'd be lucky to get anymore after this one with being so ill haha!

Hope its not SPD! What a cracking line though crys ! Xxx

I hope not all your pregnancies treat you that way. I was terribly ill with my first but not so much with the rest.

Go for my blood work on Monday. The receptionist said they now bring you back in around 9 weeks to see the doc and have your scan. I think I'll ask to go back sooner.

Hey all - I'm on my phone so I might forget someone and I'll be brief.

Sab - I hope your results come back clear. Try not to worry too much! Crazy that no one knows yet!

Blue - sorry about your hip pain. Like Linny, my hips are just getting really sore when I try to sleep! It's getting to the point where I simply CANNOT find a comfortable position and am awake half the night! So it definitely wouldn't be fun to have that so early on! Blech.

Linny - that is interesting about the protein in your urine, headaches, etc. I am glad they are erring on the side of caution and investigating thoroughly. I have heard of pre-eclampsia without high blood pressure so definitely good to be cautious. I hope everything is fine, though! :hugs:

Thanks for the info re:tick removal! Everything I ever find seems to run out to be a myth so good you've researched!

Cool about your DF building the bed for your DSS.

Bright - I've never used softcups but it sounds like it would be normal for it not all to be in the cup the next day.

Crys - great lines! That's nice your dr does an u/s at 8 weeks. That's a good time I think.

Chryss - wow excellent line for so early on! It took several days for mine to do that...hehe, twins. That'd be amazing :) . Hope you can get in earlier for your scan....it really takes the stress off to know you'll have definite answers sooner rather than later

Blue - oh that's a pain there's no physio support there. This island of yours is not kind to the preggles lady. I know nothing about spd.....I have a funny feeling Aleeah may have suffered from it? Or some kind of pelvic problem I think.....speaking of which Aleeah will either have had her baby or be being induced tomorrow...is that right? How exciting!

Lit- yep, I think pre-e is unlikely but I'm happy to have a new doctor to tell all my aches to. :haha: .

Afm - my headaches are every other day now...and I tnk this may be because I've started drinking instant coffee again...I heard this can help with pregnancy headaches and also with being an irritable woman with little sleep. Haha.

Roll on 9 weeks for you then crys. I suppose it's only like 5 weeks away!! With the boys my tests when like yours did lol very clear very fast!!

Linny I hope it's not Pre e and it is the coffee !

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->