Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

My first FRER was 15 dpo though and this last one 17 dpo. Y'all's were not that dark by those days??

I chucked my tests out but I recall they didn't get darker than the control than quite a ways in....I was so mental during that period, I sometimes tested twice a day ...:wacko: One odd thing I noticed later on was that the test line looked lighter again....apparently it's known as the hook effect? It ut the willies up me so i stopped testing after that!

Oh wow! I've heard if you keep testing way into it they get lighter or turn negative.

Linny - Haha! That's always nice. :winkwink: I am back on coffee again too. I simply CANNOT wake up without it after being awake half the night due to being so darn uncomfortable. I hope your headaches go away. Are you doing anything fun with your time off?

Crys - I didn't test every day after so not sure when my test line got darker than the control!

Blue - How are you enjoying being home?

Aleeah - One more day until you're induced! If you haven't gone into labour already, good luck going into it today! :happydance: No matter what, all that matters is having your baby in your arms in the end! :) Lots of people have inductions without needing further medical interventions so don't worry too much about that! I can't wait to find out your baby's gender and name! :)

Playing catch up again :)

Congrats Crys!!!! :happydance: :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: I'm so excited for you!! Those lines look great!!!!

Aleeah, I can't wait for your baby news! Hopefully you've gone into labour, but if not, then I hope your induction goes very smoothly :) Although mine did end in c-section, I think if they had not had to break my water I would have done better (I was progressing very well with no need for pitocin).

Linny, your vacation sounds like an adventure! I would have freaked out about a tick as well - I always worry about ticks when we go camping. I I do hope you don't have pre-E - better that they're cautious and keep a close eye on you!

Blue, I love your ultrasound pic!! What a cutie :) Glad to hear you're feeling better and are back home.

Kim, I'm so glad to hear your good news!!! Roll on september! That's not very far away :)

Sara, sorry to hear that AF got you again :( :hugs: I hope the new supplements help, and there is a nice sticky BFP in the near future!

Alt, I hope the side effects of the antibiotics have worn off and the UTI is on it's way out!

LL, so glad to hear things are progressing well for you :) You're getting close now!! I don't think it's strange to be excited for labour at all. Despite the fact that mine was rather stressful and scary (I was worried about Rowan) I still think of it as an amazing experience, and feel a bit nostalgic about those first few days :)

AFM, we are doing well. I had to take Rowan in for his 2 month shots today and it just about broke my heart! He was nursing when they gave him the first one (there were 3 :( )and he stopped, opened his mouth, turned bright red and started wailing. Fortunately it only lasted a couple minutes - since we've been home he's been very sleepy, not eating much, and giving me sad little cries when he wakes up. Hopefully he'll be feeling better tomorrow.

Thanks Lindsay!

Awww! Poor guy. I hate it when it upsets them so. Did they tell you to start him on Tylenol immediately and every 4 hours through tomorrow? It will help him with the aches and pains of the shots and side effects.

LJ - Lovely bump pic! Looking great! I must get round to taking one myself! I hope everything is going well! Not long to go now! :happydance: xx

Kim - Great to hear you'll be ttc in September! :happydance: Only a month and a half to go! :happydance: opks are great, as the other ladies said - you can use them anytime of day. I found the evening best, about 8pm. Have you thought about taking vitamin B6 to lengthen your LP? xx

Wantabby - Glad you got a +opk! Any symptoms? You must be nearing testing day? xx

Alt - Yay!! I'm so pleased your gummy bear has grown lots! :happydance: I hope it continues to do so and there is lots to see at your next scan. Must be less than a week until you see baby again? I hope your UTI has gone now. How are you feeling? xx

Emma - Aww what a lovely scan pic! I'm so glad you're feeling better and are back home now. I also have awful hip pain - mostly when I'm in bed trying to sleep! I seem to be forever swapping sides! My sister told me that a memory foam mattress topper worked for her, so I'm keeping my eye out for a reasonably priced one! I've tried pillows, and pregnancy pillows but still no luck yet! How are things going? xx

Sara - Sorry to hear AF came. :hugs: Don't lost heart, I hope your next cycle brings you a BFP and your new doctor offers you a better ttc plan. xx

Linny - Eww at ticks and cockcroaches! Glad you had a lovely holiday otherwise, sounds like you had a great birthday! Happy belated birthday! Good to hear the tick dangers were very low, what did your doctor say? I remember seeing a tick on my leg while I was on a school camping trip, I automatically pulled it out by hand almost as soon as I saw it! Had a weird reaction and my leg swelled up and ached. I hate ticks! :growlmad: You're so close to due day now! :happydance: I hope your BP hasn't gone up and things are going well. xx

Crys - I'm so excited for you! :happydance: Those lines are lovely! Maybe it is twins? xx

Aleeah - I hope you have had baby now! Can't wait to hear all about it when you have a moment. Baby was obviously super snug in there and didn't want to leave its palace! xx

Lit - I'm excited for labour too! This whole time I just can't wait to meet baby! Glad to hear your fundal height is measuring a week ahead! :thumbup: xx

Sabster - Good luck with the test results tomorrow! I'm sure all will be fine. Can't believe you haven't told everyone about your pregnancy yet! xx

Bright - Good luck this cycle! I didn't use soft cups. But I did find putting a pillow under my bum for 20 mins afterwards helped. :thumbup: xx

Lindsay - Glad you're both doing well! Awww sorry to hear it's jab time already! It must be so hard to see the jabs. My sister said that her baby was just looking at her with his lower lip out and watery eyes as if saying 'why are you letting this happen?'. I hope Rowan is feeling better now and has forgotten his ordeal. xx

AFM - We had our 20 week scan today! It went really well. We got some great pics. Here is one:
DSC_0349.jpg

I've been feeling baby move loads! OH feels it too through my tummy. It's so lovely. :cloud9: Baby was moving lots during the scan too, and stretched out its arm above its head and then held its face! The sonogropher briefly had a potty shot on the screen at one point and I didn't see a willy so I'm guessing girl! But maybe she just successfully avoided it! Either way it will be a suprise at birth to find out! xx

I hope everyone else is doing well and that you all have a good weekend! xx

Lindsay - That is so sad about Rowan's reaction to his shots...I'm glad they're over with now! Hopefully he feels all better tomorrow, as you said. I am interested to see how I will handle taking my baby for her shots...I feel like it wouldn't bother me but now knowing that they might be upset for hours afterward makes me think otherwise!

I'm glad that despite your birth experience being a bit scary you still have fond memories of it. :) That's important.

Teacup - That's a good idea with the pillow top for the bed for the hip pain. I could definitely use some extra cushioning! I am so uncomfortable at night that I feel like running around the house SCREAMING maniacally. Not only do my hips get overly sore, but my belly aches from the pressure on it, I get restless leg syndrome, my calves constantly 'threaten' to cramp although they usually don't fully, and I get weird phantom itches and twitches that disturb me the SECOND I start to get remotely comfortable. Needless to say, I'm not sleeping much.

I remember I was uncomfy sleeping when I was about where you are in pregnancy for a few weeks, but then I got used to it and slept well for the rest of the second tri so hopefully that will be the same for you?

I'm glad you're excited for labour too! :happydance: I guess it's fairly normal! haha.

YAY for your 20-week scan! I'm so glad it went well and that your baby was moving so much and being so cute for it!!!!! I love that they have personalities even at 20 weeks! Your baby is SOO cute and I love that s/he has a very distinct profile. It's amazing how you can get an idea of what your baby looks like just from an ultrasound! Whee!

Lindsay - aww poor wee guy. At least that's the end of it for a while. Yep I'm glad they're being cautious. Today's my first appt with consultant instead of midwife so will see what he has to say...it's weird seeing a man instead of a woman for preggo stuff. It irks the feminist in me that the docs are often men and the nurses women...come on sisters! X

Lit - yeah I think a bit of coffee now is fine...mandatory even? Haha. Sorry to hear your sleep is getting rubbish again....if it's not one thing at night it's another. I still seem to go through phases where I either barely sleep or sleep relentlessly. Still never sleep beyond 3 hours at a time of course....I wonder whether 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep is now years away? I'm just working on an illustrated book...so while I'm off, I'm not actually off...I can't really do 'off' :haha: oh...and lots of cleaning. Do you have any plans for when you're off? X

Tea - thanks love! What a lovely and clear scan pic! S(he) looks like a little peach....so happy it all went well....that was my favourite scan of them all. So, you're staying yellow then? X

Aleeah will have had her babe by the end of the weekend - I'm so excited to see photos.!

Afm - the Sun is seriously out in Scotland ATM - it's very odd to be genuinely warm and normally I'd be loving it but my feet....I can't really properly describe how bad they are with pitting oedema...they now have wrinkles at the ankle like an elephants and big puffy pockets at the top that wobble about. It's giving me pins and needles. I've heard it's quite normal at this stage ... Obvs I'm worried this is a sign of pre-e, fortunately I'm seeing a consultant today so I shall ask.....think the fact my hands haven't swelled is probably a sign all is fine. X

Teacup from what I didnt see in that area im guessing a girl for us too! But sonographer said she couldnt say for sure ! Your 20 week scan looks amazing cutie little button !!! Cant wait wee have out LO here xxx

Linny - suns not out here its rubbish! Haha bet your dying though!

So far being home.... bit of mixed feelings. Nice to see everyone. But im not sure if im glad yet or not... we shall see xxx

Blue - Boooo to no sun! It does make everything look so much nicer (apart from my feet) :haha:

Haha least here you could hide your feet in the sand haha! Xxx

Linny - Yeah - definitely mention that to your consultant. It's very normal to have swelling at this point, but I'm not sure that much swelling is normal.

Aleeah - Thinking of you.

Emma - Why are you not sure if you're glad to be home? You just got used to the mainland?

Yeah. Got used to everything being handy and things to do in a wet day. I will get used to it here. Summer is usually great here. Plus we got a new couch before I was flown away and it still stinks. It's making me feel sicky again xxx

hi ladies. Glad to hear that everybody is doing well.....except for Linny's feet. I'm back home and spent a much-needed day with hubby yesterday. We slept in and went to the pool with DD. I'm feeling much better than I was. I think the hormone injections messed with my emotions more than I realized. I'm still having a hard time with ttc right now but it's starting to feel manageable to make some decisions now. My body is starting to give me signs of O which is odd b because I'm only 8 dpo. I suppose the injections may have messed with my cycle too. Whatever, I don't mind as long as I still O!!!!

Have a great day ladies!! All of you in Scotland enjoy your sunshine :)

Emma - I hope you can get the couch aired out soon.

Sara - I'm glad you got to spend time with hubby and you're feeling a bit better. Fingers crossed for you! :flower:

Sara- hope you catch your o! I can remember being on the bcp years ago and they turned me into a crazy hormonal lady !! Haha. Xxx

Hey ladies

Sara - Sorry your hormones are being messed with by the injections in a bad way...the last thing you need! Glad you're feeling things are a bit more manageable now anyway. Hope you manage to catch the egg!

Blue - Ugh, new couch smell! I had that with ours for a few weeks. I can imagine it's hard being away from the mainland...I used to live several miles out from the nearest town on a hill and though it was lovely it was really hard sometimes!

Chryss - Yeah I asked the consultant about the feet but she said it was just the heat - can't believe how bad it is. Anyway, as everything else is fine apart from bit of protein which hasn't risen they aren't worried and i'm back to normal MW care. :) How are you feeling? x

Baby still isn't engaged....I thought she would be by now! I'm not really hopeful for a <40w birth.

I'm glad it's turned out to be nothing. She could drop and engage at any time. Ya never know.

I'm doing well. Ya know - the usual. Constant panty checks and did I pee more yesterday than today...do my boobs hurt as much today as they did yesterday...what's that cramp...is that okay...constant googling. Really really well. The life of a worried mama. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->