Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Hey ladies

Just popping in to let you know that on Thursday I went into maternity assessment for reduced movements, she'd not been moving much after dinner the night before, then breakfast and then lunch the next day - a few wee things but nowhere near her usual tumbling. I had a trace and baby not in distress but still not moving as much. They said a new policy had come in to offer induction to women at term with rfm. I refused so they asked me to go for a scan. I went in on Friday for it and baby seemed ok. I was told to go round to assessment unit again. They hooked me up to trace and again all signs seemed good, no distress, but still long periods of no movement followed by a few wee moves then nothing again.

Midwife came in and asked if this was back to usual movements and I said no not really but if all signs seemed ok then I was fine and sure she'd go back to normal soon - she had done this before on a couple of occasions. But midwife didn't seem happy and went to fetch doctor. Doctor came in an said she really recommended induction. Had a long chat, asked her why it was the policy, what were any ill effects of removing baby, etc etc. anyway, Long story short we've agreed to induction...I am afraid though, and second guessing myself now, trying to remain positive and read positive stories of induction!..we did manage to buy a few days to see if she comes on her own...but basically induction is set for tomorrow. In the ward 3 other women were being told the same.....I can only imagine this policy will lead to a lot of women being induced now.

I was given a sweep on the Friday and have had a bloody show and cramping/tightenings but they've still not ramped up. I can only hope that they are at least doing something and my body is moving forward by itself. I also went for acupuncture yesterday to see if that got things going...and all the other usual stuff!

So there we have it, I go in today and stay overnight. Wish me luck! Xxx

Good luck linny!!!! look forward to seeing some pics!! Don't worry about an induction, it sounds like a good idea to have the baby come out!!!

Good luck!!!

Good luck Linny!!! I'll be thinking of you and watching for baby news :). I hope it all goes smoothly!

If you have any relaxation or hypno birthing tracks take them with you. I found those very very helpful the night they induced me. I didn't get much sleep due to contractions, but is managed to stay very calm and relaxed.

Good luck linny! Sending you all the luck and positive thoughts in the world! Baby is ready to make her grand entrance, and wants to do it her way! Hope everything goes as smoothly, quickly and pain free as possible. Ooooh exciting!!! X x x x

Linny - Good luck. If I had rfm at your stage I would take induction.

I was induced with my youngest. I told them to take it slow so the contractions progressed like they would normally. My nurse would ask me if it was okay to increase the dose before she did. It felt no different to my previous labors. The only thing different was it didn't last as long.

I hope the tightenings are the beginning of you going into labor in your own. Watch for her movements even though you are having those. And I'm sure they'll have you on monitors once you go in tonight to keep an eye on her.

Will be thinking of you and can't wait to see pics of your little one!

Linny, I'm sending prayers and good thoughts your way! May labor be as kind as possible to you - can't wait to hear about and see your little one!

Congratulations, mommy!!! <3

Aww linny what an ordeal your going through! I really hope the induction goes smoothly. I'l be thinking of you loads. Cant wait to hear all your good news !!! :hugs:

:flower:

Linny - sorry about the stressful time you're going through and I know you didn't want to be induced, but I really think you've made the right decision. It's never a good idea to ignore RFM and even if all is 'looking well,' a mom's instincts are usually best! Also, at least you are very nearly at your due date so your baby should be well cooked and fully ready to come out! I know LOTS of people who were induced and most who gave birth without needing more intervention than they wanted...and did not end up with a c-section or anything like that! Most people find the very steady contractions uncomfortable, but I'm pretty sure labour is not comfortable to begin with! The important thing is that your baby is born safe and sound, so try not to second guess yourself! It's all going to go well, and soon you will have your beautiful rainbow baby in your arms! Lots of :hugs: and good luck with everything! I cannot WAIT to see your birth announcement! You are going to be SUCH a great mom!

Lindsay - you sound very busy with your little guy. Thanks for popping in!

Aleeah - hoping to hear from you soon!

Linny - sorry to hear about what has been happening. I agree you are doing the right thing going with drs recommendation of induction though, it's just not worth taking any risks. When all is said and done, it won't really matter how baby gets here, only that they arrive safe and sound. Good luck!! Can't wait to hear news xx

You ladies are so lovely, thank you. I hope you are right and my bfp won't be too far off. I'm loosing hope though.

Kim I don't know how long testing will take. I've never gone private before. I've contacted the hospital so ill wait to hear from them. Hopefully wont take too long.

Any news ok your opks Kim? X

Hi ladies,

So my csection is booked for 21st July!! 3 weeks today. We are so happy with the date, SD and DS birthdays both fall on 21st of the months also. Its like it was meant to be. My consultant is happy that my iron levels are nearly where they should be, so just have to continue with the tablets and have my bloods checked the day before the surgery.

Linny - thinking of you love! Cant wait for an update!

Lots of love to everyone x x

Hi ladies - Zombie Diana reporting for business.

I'm working from home today because I just can't stand the idea of putting on a happy face at work. I'm a trainer, so part of my job is being personable, friendly, and approachable and I just can't do it yet.

I talked to my mom last night and put on an Academy Award winning performance: "Everything is great, mom! Oh no, we haven't been up to much...nothing interesting going on. Nope, no baby news yet, we're hoping we get pregnant again soon. Yes mom, we know you and dad can't wait to be grandparents...we can't wait to be parents either. Hahahaha, it will happen when the time is right!"

This went on for 46 minutes. 46 minutes of pretending everything was fabulous and rehashing my previous miscarriage (the only one she knows about). I love my mom, but she picks the wound from my last mc almost every time we talk by asking if I'm still sad, telling me that she can't wait to be a grand mom and assuring me that she'll love any child, even an adopted one.

Needless to say, I hung up the phone, high-fived my husband (who was staring at me mouth open most of the call), burst into tears and returned to Zombie Land.

I know it will get better eventually - this hopeless feeling will pass. It seems like it's going to be a harder mountain to climb this time around. I keep forgetting I'm not pregnant (the sore breasts and continued morning sickness sure aren't helping). My test lines are still so dark, there is hardly a control line.

I just want the joy I had before we learned the news.

Linny - Looking forward to hearing your birth story.

Diana - :hugs: You are definitely putting on a brave face. Your rainbow baby will come along soon. Have you told your mom you don't want to talk about it or anything?

Hey Cryss, no I never told her that I didn't want to talk about it - I figured it was part of her healing to talk about it, and before we lost Gummy the topic wasn't as painful.

Now that Gummy is gone, it's like the wounds from both miscarriages are open and raw. It was hard not to tell my mom about this pregnancy and mc, but they were so devastated last time, I really want to spare them this time.

Oh...That's very sweet of you to spare their feelings. I pray for your comfort and hope your talks with your mom are not so hard in the future.

Diana- sending all my love to you! That phone call sounds awful! Could you maybe not tell her about this one too... She really can't get any worse than she already has but maybe she would be supportive? Or at least understanding? It won't hurt get as much as it's hurting you and she's your mum she'd want tobe there for you no matter what.

:flower:

Thanks Blue.

I really wish I could tell her -- I feel awful holding this from her.

The thing is, the last mc she did want to support me but she did and said everything wrong that a person could do. It doesn't make it easier that my family lives 1200 miles away from dh and I.

A few gems: "This has never happened in our family - did they tell you what's wrong with you????" or "We're a mess over here. I haven't seen your dad cry so much since his mom passed away." Or "Grandma is so heartbroken, this might be the thing that finishes her." My grandma is battling terminal cancer, so that comment didn't help. She also told everyone, and I mean everyone, and called me daily with condolences from people I hadn't seen since grade school.

She called me everyday in tears, to the point that I was being strong for them and not the other way around. I would feel better, and then my mom would call and I'd be in tears within 2 minutes of the phone ringing.

My husband was so protective - he wanted to hide my phone so I couldn't talk to her. He'd see me take one step forward and three back as soon as she called. He is the one reminding me of that every time I long to tell her about losing gummy.

I love her with all my heart and know her intentions were so good - she is the only person who had the courage to call everyday. I just think this time mine and DH's grief is so heavy that we can't carry the load of my family's grief as well.

I also don't want to break their heart again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->