Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Oh my goodness, Diana. I think y'all are doing the right thing this time around. I wish I could give you a real hug. :hugs:

Lj how exciting!! 21st July is my daughters birthday!! Can't believe she will be 2.

Alt - I'm so sorry you are going through this and it's understandable and normal that it all feels so raw and painful at the moment as its just happening to you now. I'm sorry about the situation with your mum. I wonder could your husband have a little word with her or another family member just to say that you know it's because she cares but that you want to be positive on focus on the future and your rainbow baby? It's not very sensitive of her :-(

Cycle day 4 over here. Started a clearblue trial this cycle so have some clearblue hormone indicator opks to try. Quite excited for ov this cycle!

Diana- that's understandable. Sorry they weren't as supportive as they could have been! Maybe best to lean on each other for support. My step mother wasnt very supportive. I got the "least you fell pregnant comments from her" I hope you find comfort soon. Hope you also get great news of a new rainbow on the way soon too!

Lj-just seen your comment! That is soo exciting and soo soon!!!! Eeeeeeek ! Can wait to hear of your baby news and hopefully see your photos !!!

Xxx

Alt - reading your post broke my heart and brought tears to my eyes (in the sort of way that you Do NOT need to comfort me or reassure me - I just totally understand how you feel). How brave of you to keep up appearances with your mom. I can see why you did it but it must have been so hard and I know I got so tired of pretending things were ok for people. It sounds like your mom cares a lot but probably didn't think about how what she was doing might be affecting you in the opposite way she intended. I totally understand not wanting your parents to feel disappointed or sad again. Ironically, when I first learned of my miscarriage I could only think of how disappointed my parents would be and I hated that I had to disappoint them. But the fact is that it's YOU goin through this and your and your husband's feelings are the only ones that really matter. I am glad you're working from home and taking a step back from people for now. You have to do what you can to take care of yourself right now! :hugs: I am so sorry and am thinking of you lots.

Linny- good luck today! Hope all goes smoothly and can't wait to hear the news.

Lj- the 21st of July sounds perfect! I am so very excited for you!!!

Thanks Mrs W -- my husband was so angry about this, I'm not sure he could be tactful with my mom. His family is so different - his mom has only asked him about it once and never brought it up again unless he wanted to talk about it. She was the only one in his family who knew we were pregnant and she didn't tell anyone about the pregnancy or the mc.

I'm an only child and this was to be my parents' first grandchild so my Jan loss was so hard for them. Lit, I remember crying on the way back from getting the news because I knew this would break my parents' heart. My mom kept calling me during the day to get an update, but I wouldn't talk to her until I knew she was home with my dad.

I'm so sorry you felt that same pain - I'm so happy that you'll all soon share the joy of this new baby together! <3

Blue, honey, I'm so sorry that you had that experience with your stepmother. People don't know what to say, but maybe they should just say nothing, right?

Cryss, I wish I could give you a hug too!! <3

Hello ladies,
My temp dropped this morning so I am sure I am out now. But it must not be meant to be because I went home today and got some information that has turned my life upside down. My middle son girlfriend is pregnant. Doesn't it just feels like it's not meant for it to happen for me. Last time I was trying my oldest son girlfriend got pregnant and my grandson is now 1 1/2 years old. So I guess that is God trying to tell me something. My heart is broken :cry: and I am so stressed and confused right now. I will stay on just to keep in touch with you lovely ladies and enjoy all the BFPs.

Bright - I have been a grandmother since I was 26 years old (DH was 38), and we've had 3 more children since then and now pregnant again. DH's daughters are only 8 and 10 years younger than me. So don't let that be your deciding factor. Biologically, my oldest son made me a grandmother at 38, so there will be several nieces and nephews younger than this little one. :) :hugs:

My beta from Friday was 12,114. Doubling normally! :happydance:

Crys - I understand that my oldest son made me a grandmother at the age of 35 but he was out of school and in college. My middle boy is still in high school and so is his girlfriend. So that means we (DH and I) will be taking care of this grandbaby financially along with her parents. It just has been alot lately.

Bright - sorry about the discouraging news about getting a new grandchild on the way when you're having troubles getting preg. :( *hugs*

Alt - :hugs: Thank you. I can't wait til you get to feel that joy as well, and I know it will happen even if it doesn't feel like it right now.

Crys - wonderful news about your beta! Woohoo!

Hello, I haven't read much in this thread, but the title caught my eye. My husband and I got pregnant with our first and I miscarried at 5 1/2 weeks. I'm just getting done with the mc and I just have some slight spotting left. I am so sad that our first pregnancy ended in a mc. I even had started to have symptoms of pregnancy and it was all taken away from me so quickly. :cry: My doctor told us to wait until my first AF after my mc to start trying again. So I'm waiting on that. He said it can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks to show up. :growlmad: I'm hoping because I was only 5 1/2 weeks along that it won't take forever to get it. Now that my mc is almost done, I'm a bit more positive and ready to move on to trying again. It took us 4 months to get pregnant the first time. I'm hoping it won't take that long again. Any advice or stories of success and what you ladies did to get pregnant again and how long it took or how long you waited to try again would be wonderful. Thank you.

Me 30/DH 32

Bright I wouldnt let that put you off. I know it wasnt the news you where hoping for. How old is your son?

Crys :dance: woow for your beta! Hehe so whens the scan? Xxx

Mrs R- welcome here and I am very sorry about your loss. :hugs: I think the general consensus is all bets are off after an mc in regards to when you'll ov or AF will show again. However, my mc was fairly early on as well and my AF was only a few days later than it normally would have been.

I got my first BFP on my 2nd cycle of TTC and miscarried. We waited until first AF to try again and then got pregnant with our rainbow baby on cycle #4 of trying after the mc.

Thank you Literati_Love. Really appreciate you telling me your experience. Hoping mine goes just as smoothly as yours. Congrats on your rainbow baby!! :thumbup:

Hi Mrs R - I'm so sorry for your loss!

My first mc, AF returned 5.5 weeks after my natural mc. We conceived on cycle two post mc (and used pre-seed). Sadly, I just lost that baby last week at 10.5 weeks. I had a d&c Thursday and am still bleeding. My doc advised to wait 2 cycles to ttc, but I think we're only waiting one.

CRYSS - great news about your beta! That sounds like a happy, healthy little bean!! <3

Bright, I'm so sorry about that news. Good on you for helping them out, but I wish things were different. Is your son near the age where he can start working to contribute toward the expenses this baby will bring?

Lit, thanks love. I move between being hopeless and knowing that we'll get our take home Rainbow.

The grief is so overwhelming - I almost wish I could climb out of my own skin to escape. Today was my first day back in the office and it was so hard. It feels like there is a huge rock on my chest and I can't breathe.

It doesn't help that I still have awful heartburn and naseau - I almost puked at the smell of someone's lunch today and actually growled, "NO!" at myself. I celebrated being sick when I was doing it for my baby - now I'm just angry.

Mrs R - I'm so sorry for your loss.

Diana - I can understand your anger. I hope work gets easier. :hugs:

My scan is the morning of the 10th - in 9 days!

Diana, I'm so sorry to hear your news. :hugs: I also end up being the strong one in my family even when it's not really appropriate. I comforted my mom through much of my cancer treatment. I see how not telling your mom about gummy is easier. I hope that you start to feel less sad soon :flow:

Congrats on progressing betas crys!

Bright, that is big news about your son. Maybe give yourself a few weeks to let the dust settle before making a decision.

Emma, good for you for sticking up for yourself and staying on your medication. So happy you are feeling better. Sorry you are feeling homesick. Will your family come visit when baby is born?

Any news, Linny? Hoping that all goes smoothly.

Hi kim and W!

I got back today from vacation. We took a last minute trip to Hawaii!!!! I didn't have any time alone with hubby but it was so fun to share so many new things with emily. We played in the ocean, saw waterfalls, went on a boat, ate shaved ice. It was very nice and all in all the traveling went well. Emily was a trooper even flying all night long last night.

My cycle was a bit weird this month. I started taking DHEA and coq10 which may have played a role. I suspect I o'd right before we left which would put me at 6 DPO. We Dtd once the night I think I o'd but that was all hubby was home for this month. I'm feeling pretty relaxed about it right now. My mom actually said something helpful. She said there will be joys and sorrows no matter if I get pregnant or not. I was feeling like I had to be 100% excited and happy about getting pregnant but I'm not. I know I will be giving up more years that could be spent more with hubby and instead going back to less sleep and more stress. Of course I would love another baby but there are pros to not having one too. Time will tell.

Blue and Alt - He is 17, he could work but his studies are very important to DH and I. We want him to continue to get excellent grades so he can get the scholarships for college. He needs this so he can be successful and more now so he can provide for his child. So we will sacrifice once again for another grandchild. We did it for the first one. Tis life……..I guess!

Sara - great last minute vacation! As for when DH was in it only takes once. Fingers crossed for you.

Good luck with everything Bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->