Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Hey Ladies

Diana I'm so sorry what you are going through, take care of yourself. Hopefully your betas drop quickly, I agree that being sick when you're not pregnant anymore is a very cruel joke... I had the same thing and was sooo angry too. You sound like an amazing woman. I would say that it's good that you are feeling all of these emotions, as opposed to bottling it up. Big hugs :hugs::hugs:

Cryss soo soon for your scan!! awesome betas!!

Sara wow another strong woman!! I agree that there are pros and cons and it's important to acknowledge this and truly be satisfied with what gets thrown at you. I too had accepted the positives of no more babies, and this is truly what has kept me sane. Sounds like you had an amazing vacation!! here's to TWW huh :)

Mrs. R sorry for your loss, there are a lot of lovely ladies here :) I won't get into my story since it was so unusual, it's not relevant for you :) Are they doing bloodwork to track your betas down? i found this very helpful in managing my expectations on when I may ovulate etc.

Bright, sorry it's been hard with your DS, you and your DH sound amazing!! Hopefully your DS learns from you both!

AFM well since we are technically NTNP this month... I won't get too upset that we didn't dtd enough :( hahaha only once on cd6, I ov cd9... I know I know.. technically possible LOL but I'm 38 and he's 38 and I doubt his sperm lasts that long hahaha. Onto next month. Today I am cd 12, so technically 3 dpo. Although if i did get a bfp it would be quite the test for the Shettles method hahaha

Question for you ladies, this month was odd, I had my cycle, then while having EWCM, it was often blood stained, dark brown... very odd any thoughts? and now it's gone... any ideas? my body was a mess on bcp and last month was my first month off, so I'm hoping next one will be more "normal"...

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Sara - that sounds like such a lovely vacation! Do you get a good deal on flights because your husband is a pilot? I would love to see Hawaii someday!

Alt - I totally understand how you're feeling. I also remember the day I had to go back to the hospital to have the u/s confirming the m/c and I was sooo nauseous. It felt like a sick, cruel joke. :( sorry being back at work is so hard. I know exactly how that is as well! :hugs:

Kim - it's so hard to relax about TTC. I don't think it would even be possible for me to 'NTNP'! But as you said you do have a chance this month. I hope you can avoid driving yourself crazy with wondering over the next couple weeks!

Linny - can't wait to hear the news.

Still anxious to hear from Aleeah! It is so hard waiting but I know these new moms are insanely busy and tired! We'll have to see how long I make you all wait when my turn comes. ;)

Thank you ladies. I am also so sorry to hear about your loss(s). I couldn't even imagine going through a loss more than once. My heart aches for all of you. :hugs: My doctor didn't say anything to me about doing a d&c or doing a follow up check up on me. I don't know if that's because I was only 5.5 weeks along or if that's something that they should have mentioned? When they tested my HCG levels the morning I started to spot they were only at 15 which they consider anything below 25 to be negative. I took a pregnancy test that day and it was negative. So I'm assuming because my HCG levels dropped enough to not be picked up by a pregnancy test and because I wasn't too far along is why he told me my body would pass it naturally. I started to spot on June 25th and on the 26th I was actually bleeding. It lasted until yesterday, but yesterday and the day before there was hardly anything left. I lost my pregnancy symptoms as soon as I started to bleed. So should I be concerned at all that they never mentioned a follow up? I feel normal again, as if nothing ever happened? :shrug::shrug:

The two I lost were very early and I didn't have a followup. I didn't even go see the doc when I started bleeding with the 2nd one or the chemical.

Yeah crysshae I decided to call my doctor to verify I didn't need a follow up appt and he said that because my HCG levels were so low when they checked and because my body seems to have passed everything naturally because I've stopped bleeding and feel normal that I am fine to just wait until my AF starts and then we can try again to get pregnant. Hoping we can get pregnant again right away. It took us 4 months to get pregnant the first time. Hoping for a healthy baby that sticks here soon. :thumbup:

Mrs R - yes, it sounds like it is fairly safe to assume you passed everything.

AFM - my dr's appointment today didn't go quite as I'd hoped. Baby's heart rate was a bit too high and my dr is sending me for a non-stress test. She didn't really indicate what could be wrong but said that probably everything would be normal. I am anxiously waiting to hear from the hospital now to find out when they can fit me in. She said it'd most likely be today but depends how busy they are. I really don't want to worry about this all night so I hope they call very soon and book for today. :s

Oh Literati_Love I hope you get to see the doctor today. That would drive me insane having to wait. :nope: FX they get you in today.

Question: How long did your doctors tell you to wait to try again after your mc? My doctor told me to wait until I had one AF and then we can try again. But I've read online that some doctors say you can try again as soon as you're ready and others say to wait longer than one cycle. What were you ladies told?

Hey Lit

Thought I'd let you know the same thing happened to me with my second ds, they checked baby out and all was good and told me that I was probably getting sick and that sometimes that babies heart rate will go up a bit. Sure enough 1 - 2 days later I had a double ear infection!!! Try not to worry :) hope they figure it out! keep us posted.

Kim

Hope they get you in today and everything is okay Lit.

That's interesting Kim.

Mrs R - My doc said wait till I had an AF but only for dating purposes. I did but I would've known the date from my ovulation chart.

Is there a risk to getting pregnant before you have an AF after and early mc?

Hey ladies

Just checking in on my phone. Will look properly when we get home. Elka rose was born on her due date 1/7/14 weighing 8lb 4oz. She is feeding well and a little peach. Will post some pics soon. Still in hospital. Love to you all xxxx

Come on aleeah! We need updates ;) x

Congratulations Linny! That's wonderful. Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful baby girl!!!

Yayyyyyy Linny!!!!
Congratulations my love!!!
So so pleased for you and little one, have been anxiously checking for updates! So glad you are both doing well. Can't wait to see pics!
So much love to you and OH and your little lady. Well done!
X x x x

Congratulations Linny and welcome to our world little Elka! :flow:

Linny, yay!!! Congratulations and we can't wait to see pictures of the little one!!! <3 to you and baby Elka!!!

Lit, I'm just catching up and read your post. I'm praying everything is okay and hope they were able to get you in today! Sending you love!

Congratulations linny ! What a beautiful name !!! Cant wait to see pictures of little one ! Hope your both doing well! Xxxx

Lit - Im sure everything is just fine, but good that they want to double check. I hope you managed to get seen today. Thinking of you and little one, try not to let it stress you out xx xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->