Waiting for AF after M/C, anyone else? OCBM

Blue - I can't believe that either! That is SO exciting! My heart is overflowing with happiness for you because I know you waited soo long for this. Do you have most of what you need for baby? Do you have a babymoon planned or anything? Sounds like you're very busy!!! My boobs have not leaked at all so far but it seems like so many people's do leak early on!

Sab - Congratulations on having a boy! How exciting!!! We are keeping our name a secret too and I've actually found it more difficult keeping it from strangers/estheticians/hairdressers, etc. than our friends/family because everyone asks, "Do you have a name yet?" and we're just like, "Yep!!!" and then there's an awkward silence as they wait for us to tell them and I have to say, "we're keeping it a secret, though." Most of the time they understand, but sometimes they think since they are strangers that we should tell them anyway. No, thanks!

Crys - How are you doing? When's your next scan?

AFM - I am thoroughly enjoying mat leave, although I think I crammed a few too many activities in for this week and am feeling overwhelmed (major introvert over here). I am enjoying that time is passing a little more slowly now...although also very quickly at the same time.

I have been suffering from very swollen feet for weeks now, and just recently since we've changed our flooring, they are now very SORE feet as well. I am not used to hard flooring in the basement, and since there's just cement underneath there is NO give and my poor swollen footsies (carrying a whole lot of extra weight) are really feeling the extra impact. I have to wear hard-soled slippers around the house now and I honestly feel like I'd imagine my feet would feel after running a marathon on pavement barefoot every single day.

My braxton hicks are really ramping up lately. It used to be that I would experience them as tightenings with some pressure but no pain. I would also cramp at different times, but not usually while having a BH. Now, however, my braxton hicks consist of my belly getting super, super hard and the pressure is VERY intense and accompanied by cramping as well. Last night I was having them every few minutes for a while, and then every half an hour to an hour after that, and they were so uncomfortable (not painful, per se) that I had to get on all fours and practice my breathing techniques to get through them. So, that definitely made me extremely aware that labour could happen at any time, whether I'm ready or not (extra motivation to go out and buy my last few baby items today)!

Sorry to go on for so long, but sometimes it feels good to vent about all my symptoms. :winkwink:

How is everyone else doing?

Aww Sab that's amazing!!! Team blue!!! So exciting!!! Well you know if it gets too much you can share the name with us! Haha!

Thanks linny we don't really have anything. .. so hard organising things when you live in a wee Island and need to go away to have baby. I don't know what needs to be where!! Really should take the time and plan but the weather's to nice and the visitor's are pouring in!!

Aww your sore swolen feet don't sound fun at all! ! Keep them up when possible!! And BH are exciying news bodies getting ready for baby! Sorry they are so troublesome! Are you due next?

How's all our ttc'ers? Where are h you guys at in your cycle?

How's all the new mamas?

And of course you preggo lot?

Xxx

Hi everyone.

I'm a few days post O. 4 maybe? I'm honestly not keeping track as closely as I was.

Had a hard day. One of my friends announced her pregnancy on FB today. Thrilled for her but this one hit a little close to home as I see her often and all my friends will be talking about her pregnancy for the next year. Of course she only tried for 3 months or so. I also had to see my oncologist today. Everything is fine but it brings up not so nice memories. She suggested that I go back on my cancer meds by the beginning of the year. So, I have a few more months to make that magic egg or its just not to be. Jeff and I had come up with the same timeline on our own since 2 1/2 years is just plenty long to be ttc (in my opinion).

Tomorrow is bound to be better :thumbup:

ahhh Sara sorry you're having a rough day... It sounds like you are sorting things out and I think putting a time line is smart. I think you can honestly say that you've tried everything!!! I think I am about 2 dpo so we're cycle buddies :) Glad to hear that everything is still okay with the oncologist. Fingers crossed for you this month, maybe not tracking everything as closely is just what your body needs!!

Sab congrats on your little boy!!!!

Lit your poor feet :( would slippers or something help? sounds like you are VERY close... when will the check you next?

AFM nothing exciting... I think I'm 2dpo, maybe only 1 dpo, I forgot my opks on the day I should have o'd so I'm all confused hahaha When the EWCM dries up does that mean you've already ovulated? We only bd'd once.. again... urg... so frustrating.. oh hasn't been feeling well. On the upside the 1 time was very well timed so who knows... at least I have short cycles...

that's exactly right, Kim. We have two more things to try to help conception and then we really will have tried everything. Even if I didn't have to go back on my meds it will be time to have some closure and move on.

Want to be sure to tell all you pregnant ladies that I do love hearing about your pregnancies. Somehow when it's in my "real" life it's harder to deal with friends getting pregnant. Of course no matter who it is, them not being pregnant isn't going to make my life any better!

Sorry to be a downer lately. Happier days coming up shortly!!!! :)

Hi ladies
Just a little pic for you of baby Oscar. We are all doing well and breastfeeding going great. Will do a proper update soon! X x x

Attachments

• 20140724_201608.jpg
    20140724_201608.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 4
Lj - baby Oscar is so cute! Thanks for posting. Glad breastfeeding is going well.

Kim - yeah, you've probably ovulated if EWCM has dried up...but it only takes one time!? Haha I know though...try telling me that in TTC! I was obsessed with getting in enough BD sessions! But good luck and as you said at least your cycles are short. Slippers do help but I had to borrow my mom's because mine don't fit due to all the swelling!
They may not check me until 39 1/2 weeks when I get my membrane sweep (aug 6th- ish).

Sara - I understand how RL friends getting pregnant feels a lot closer to home than people on here. I had trouble finding out RL friends were pregnant even before we started TTC simply because I felt ready for a baby already but we were waiting for a few things before we tried...so I can only imagine how upsetting it would be to read these announcements after trying for so long.
That is sad/scary that you have a deadline until the end of the year to go back on cancer meds, but I'm pleased you have a plan in place and there is still time to make your rainbow baby! You are certainly giving every effort you can. I pray you will get your rainbow BFP very soon!

Blue - yep, I'm the next one due! August 8 is the official day.
It is tough focusing on buying baby stuff when life is so busy and you're entertaining guests and whatnot! Just enjoy the good weather. I'm sure you'll have time to get the necessities in the end. How are you feeling?

LL - any more signs? My next scan is Wednesday.

Emma - sounds like island life is treating you better.

Sara - I hope you get your rainbow before these time limits constrain you. Just wondering - why do you have to go back on the meds?

Lj - Oscar is just precious!

Kim - it does only take once. Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for your support ladies <3

The cancer meds are to prevent a recurrence. They block the estrogen pathway in my body so my breast tissue can't "see" the estrogen. Important because my cancer "fed" on estrogen. The med. causes birth defects so no ttc while on it. In fact they won't even give it to me until I have an IUD in .

Where did everyone go? As we get more moms on here, there is less and less activity as they are all too tired and busy to post much!

Crys - No more signs yet. I have days where I am crampier and have more BHs and I'm still losing lots of mucous, but I think my body is just gradually getting ready. I feel like I have at LEAST another week to go if not much longer.

Good luck on your scan on Wednesday!

Sara - How are you doing today? Hope you're feeling a bit less discouraged.

How is everyone else?

AFM - Still loving every second of relaxation/fun time before baby comes! DH finally installed the car seat on Saturday so I can stop worrying about that. I also have bought basically everything we actually NEED for when baby arrives so there won't be any need for a last-minute panicked outing to buy supplies. :)

I'm glad to hear you're all ready and enjoying your leisure time. Now just the wait on little one to pick a birthday. Won't be long now!

Bright - I'm good! Feeling a little extra achy because I worked on (almost) finishing up the nursery last night. We just have to hang a few things and we're done! How are you? Are you testing soon?

Crys - yeppers! That is a good way to put it - just waiting for her to pick her birthday! :)

LL - Wow, thats exciting! It seems like time just flew by for you. I remember you posting your BFP and in a couple of weeks you will have your bundle of joy.

AFM - I haven't tested yet. Waiting for AF and if she doesn't show than I will test. She is due the 31st. I am nervous.

That is understandable! Not long until the 31st though! I really hope AF doesn't show!!

LL - Plus my temps are crazy this month too. I have very little signs: sleepy, headache and a full-pulling feeling in my lower abdomen with little cramps every now and than but that could be AF rearing up. So I wont get my hopes up high.

Hi ladies,

yes its been quiet. its also summer so Im guessing most people are out and about enjoying the outdoors :*)

Lit im happy you are enjoying your mat leave.. so relaxing!!!

bright: I hope you have great news soon!!!!! we need another BFP!!

Im doing well. 21 weeks preggo pants... still cant feel the baby but thats ok. Ill feel him soon enough Im sure.

Ive been having weird lower pelvic pain, like its all tight and my back started to hurt too... I called the nurses helplline and they said its just my pelvic area expanding and my ligaments as well ( SNEEZING IS PAINFUL!) So im just happy its not contractions... Other than that Ive been good. my belly is hard to hide at this point but its really not very big at all. People at work know for the most part and My Dh and I are just trying to spend time together and really feel united for this great chapter of our lives! its unreal that we will be welcoming a little tiny human :) Im really excited and scared and anxious and everything else !

Sabster - I hope and pray this is it. Yeah I remember those pains. They can be annoying. Hope they ease up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->